BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#145733 Mar 5, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Lame. No originality. No comment on street, shoulder or lanes. Sorry, the martinet's strap for you, ohhhh, how you like it, dunce cap and your usual spot, the corner with all the kids laughing at you.
I do think you've written that "exact" same reply at least 2 dozen times. Who has no originality, pigboy? C'mon, oink for us! LMAO
Jacques Ottawa

Mississauga, Canada

#145734 Mar 5, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I do think you've written that "exact" same reply at least 2 dozen times. Who has no originality, pigboy? C'mon, oink for us! LMAO
And I will keep reminding you that you wrote "Go play in the highway", which I let pass until you correced wojar or Learn to Read for same error caused by distraction, no big deal. You're too vain, too stupid, to admit that you erred in writing "in the highway". Instead, you come out with,(and it's there for all to see), that it's quite ok to write "in the highway" because the highway has a shoulder on each side and highway is made of lanes...so that makes "playing in the highway" good grammar. Sigh. So infantile, puerile, er, hmm, dumb. Now you did it, all alone in the pigsty, the farmer slaughtered the pig.
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

#145735 Mar 5, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
PS : South Korea has more population (50 million) than North Korea,(25 million) has more money, is more prosperous, with latest military equipment. I'd like to know why you guys have to base 50,000 U.S. soldiers there (have you any idea how much that costs?)with all their infrastructure and armaments. And you have additional bases in Japan and all over the Pacific. High time South Korea, whose prosperity is about to eclipse yours, assume its defence and responsibilities. You'd also be able to withdraw a flat top from that area, thereby deploying it somewhere else to make up for Enterprise or just simply mothball it ufn.
If I remember rightly, South Korea pays for practically all of it, and their motives are obvious. They assume that if our guys are killed in the start of a war, the USA will not ignore that fact.
Jacques Ottawa

Mississauga, Canada

#145736 Mar 5, 2013
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If I remember rightly, South Korea pays for practically all of it, and their motives are obvious. They assume that if our guys are killed in the start of a war, the USA will not ignore that fact.
True, same for the U.S. forces based in Germany and Japan. The host country does defray costs, but not all, and the U.S. administations in those countries are liable for any damages caused in training or deployment. In Germany, many villages will welcome tank deployments, for example, and gleefully send the bill to U.S. authorities for total repaving of streets that were travelled on. Also, the presence of all these U.S. troops is an economic incentive for the hosts, these military spend a lot locally. Are those bases really needed today, more than 65 years after the end of WW2? With faster deployment methods, I'm not sure these "advance" bases are worth the trouble and costs.
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

#145737 Mar 5, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
True, same for the U.S. forces based in Germany and Japan. The host country does defray costs, but not all, and the U.S. administations in those countries are liable for any damages caused in training or deployment. In Germany, many villages will welcome tank deployments, for example, and gleefully send the bill to U.S. authorities for total repaving of streets that were travelled on. Also, the presence of all these U.S. troops is an economic incentive for the hosts, these military spend a lot locally. Are those bases really needed today, more than 65 years after the end of WW2? With faster deployment methods, I'm not sure these "advance" bases are worth the trouble and costs.
So that just means that we are lousy negotiators and did not get the full cost paid for. In fact, maybe we should make it 110% of the cost, or 120%. I certainly agree with you that Germany is not the place where the next war will start, but if they pay us a fair price (in fact, if they pay us enough to make a profit on the deal, which I propose), does that really matter?

What matters is having hundreds of missile-firing submarines, when that kind of war is not likely at all, and when the same benefit can be gotten with just a few of them.
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

#145738 Mar 5, 2013
Re: "What matters is having hundreds of missile-firing submarines, when that kind of war is not likely at all, and when the same benefit can be gotten with just a few of them. "

It occurs to me that I should have said "nuclear ballistic missile firing submarines." Subs that can fire cruise missiles are something else again.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#145739 Mar 5, 2013
TSA’s Absurd $50-Million Sequester-Eve Deal: New Uniforms!
5 March 2013

The impending sequester did not prevent the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) from acting in late February to seal a $50-million deal to purchase new uniforms for its agents–uniforms that will be partly manufactured in Mexico.

Soon after this new investment in TSA uniforms, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano warned Americans that the lines are already lengthening at airports due to the sequester.

“We are already seeing the effect on the ports of entry, the big airports for example,” Napolitano told Politico on Monday.“Some of them had very long lines this weekend.”

Read more: http://MinuteMenNews.com/2013/03/tsas-50-mill...
Grand Birther

Cleveland, OH

#145741 Mar 5, 2013
Grand Loser wrote:
<quoted text>
How can that be? There are no republicans in Chicago.
I see how a complete moron could think such a thing.
Grand Birther

Cleveland, OH

#145742 Mar 5, 2013
Spooky wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason why you brought that up was because he is black and you can not stand black people.
Sorry, Rogue Moron, but I see how a complete moron such as yourself could think such a thing, but reality--as always--is wholly different.

Since: Oct 09

Moreno Valley, CA

#145744 Mar 5, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Meanwhile the Menendez investigation continues!
AP Investigation: New Link Found Between Menendez, Wealthy Donor March 4, 2013
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/03/04/ap-inv ...
<quoted text>
Ah, it was written by ..... CBS ..... just yesterday! It does not sound like a dead issue to me!
Both articles were printed yesterday Rogue. Apparently much like you CBS hadn’t gotten the memo yet. The CBS article only mentioned the alleged prostitution case in passing anyway. The article had nothing to do with your original post.
Jacques Ottawa

Mississauga, Canada

#145745 Mar 5, 2013
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So that just means that we are lousy negotiators and did not get the full cost paid for. In fact, maybe we should make it 110% of the cost, or 120%. I certainly agree with you that Germany is not the place where the next war will start, but if they pay us a fair price (in fact, if they pay us enough to make a profit on the deal, which I propose), does that really matter?
What matters is having hundreds of missile-firing submarines, when that kind of war is not likely at all, and when the same benefit can be gotten with just a few of them.
All well and good, but why would the Germans want the US, France and the UK in Germany fully 68 years after war's end? East Germany's gone, the USSR is gone, has closed its bases in what was East Germany, the threat comes from other sources, and we still haven't figured those out. France and the UK are slowly diminishing their presence, as has the US lately and the Germans are not resisting. We left in 1993, no objections, and they were so happy to get their hands on the valuable real estate that we occupied. Staging bases are all that are needed,(we are now trying to open one), staffed with very few Americans and mostly German locally-engaged staff.

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

#145746 Mar 5, 2013
LOL....Birthers!

Location hidden

#145748 Mar 5, 2013
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
Both articles were printed yesterday Rogue. Apparently much like you CBS hadn’t gotten the memo yet. The CBS article only mentioned the alleged prostitution case in passing anyway. The article had nothing to do with your original post.
You do know that there are 24 hours in a day. One was written in the morning and the other in the evening ...... after the facts changed!!!

Location hidden

#145749 Mar 5, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
PS : South Korea has more population (50 million) than North Korea,(25 million) has more money, is more prosperous, with latest military equipment. I'd like to know why you guys have to base 50,000 U.S. soldiers there (have you any idea how much that costs?)with all their infrastructure and armaments. And you have additional bases in Japan and all over the Pacific. High time South Korea, whose prosperity is about to eclipse yours, assume its defence and responsibilities. You'd also be able to withdraw a flat top from that area, thereby deploying it somewhere else to make up for Enterprise or just simply mothball it ufn.
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Pres. Truman had listened to Gen. MacArthur in 1951, the war would have been over before Christmas!!!

Since: Oct 09

Moreno Valley, CA

#145751 Mar 5, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Poppo,
It is not settled. The Menendez case reeks of criminal duplicity.
The underage prostitution thing is definitely settled Loose and when sinister forces are paying unknown amounts of cash fabricating evidence to destroy the man’s reputation should give one pause to suspect everything else as well.

Location hidden

#145752 Mar 5, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
And you Libtards thought the Korea War was over in 1953!?!
North Korea threatens to scrap armistice ending war
By Jack Kim and Louis Charbonneau | Reuters
SEOUL/UNITED NATIONS (Reuters)- North Korea threatened on Tuesday to scrap an armistice that ended the 1950-53 civil war and sever a military "hotline" with the United States if South Korea and Washington pressed on with two-month-long war games.
It was a notable sharpening in the North's often bellicose rhetoric and followed word from U.N. diplomats that the United States and China had struck a tentative deal on a draft U.N. Security Council sanctions resolution that would punish North Korea for its third nuclear test, which it conducted last month.
"We will completely nullify the Korean armistice," the North's KCNA news agency said, quoting the Korean People's Army (KPA) Supreme Command spokesman.
"The war exercise being done by the United States and the puppet south Korea is a systematic act of destruction aimed at the Korean armistice."
http://news.yahoo.com/u-china-tentative-deal -...
nebka wrote:
<quoted text>
It is all bluster the learders of North Korea know that if they try anything they would be destroyed.
Anyone that is will to put 90% of his people in concentration camps will not think twice about killing another 25 million South Koreans!

Location hidden

#145754 Mar 5, 2013
I wonder if Jacques has commented about the stock market this afternoon?

Location hidden

#145755 Mar 5, 2013
Ding dong Hugo is dead!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#145756 Mar 5, 2013
Lawyer: State's most important witness in George Zimmerman murder case lied

It was not her first[LIE], but it was the most damaging to date and left prosecutors in a very awkward position.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/bre...

;0)

Location hidden

#145757 Mar 5, 2013
Ray Stevens - Come to the USA
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 min Frijoles 69,501
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 39 min woodtick57 1,115,130
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr D-U-H 50,041
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 47,007
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Mandela 68,560
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr RACE 98,345
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 4 hr RACE 639

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]