BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

Since: Mar 13

Istanbul, Turkey

#145062 Mar 1, 2013

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#145063 Mar 1, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not know Jacques was a African-Canadian? If he was only using to describe black people, you would have a point.
That is why I use ghetto as people who live in ghettos are of all colors but they have the same lack of respect for other's rights.
Grow up. Your fig leaf is inadequate.

BTW, your buddy has used the term in reference to persons of African ancestry. Jacques called him on that. Grow a brain.

RationalState

#145064 Mar 1, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you ever cease to be a racist apologist, not to mention a mean calumny-mongerer by, for example, stating that Al Gore was a KKK and yet, twice I asked for proof, twice no reply? I'll maintain he was not until you come up with foolproof evidence that Al Gore was a member of the KKK.
Rouge is referring to Al Gore Sr.
He thinks that's clever.
Life gate

Buffalo, NY

#145065 Mar 1, 2013
Poor retarded birthers
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#145068 Mar 1, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, your buddy has used the term in reference to persons of African ancestry. Jacques called him on that. Grow a brain.
Don't speak for me you pencil-necked, zit-faced, ignorant, lying piece of roadkill. Epic infant! LMAO!!!

RationalState

#145070 Mar 1, 2013
Study: racial prejudice plays role in Obama citizenship views
USA Today, April 27, 2011.
“Racial prejudice does play a role, suggests a study led by Eric Hehman of the University of Delaware in the March Journal of Experimental Social Psychology.”
“So, to tease out the influence of racial prejudice on perceptions of Obama's Americanism, the researchers asked 295 students, both black and white, to evaluate the performance and "Americanism" of the two politicians in late 2009. They also included six questions, widely used in psychology, to gauge whether folks are more or less prejudiced against blacks.”
“Whites higher in prejudice rated Obama as less American, and as performing more poorly as president.”
“Psychologist Jack Brigham of Florida State University, an expert in racial attitudes research who was not part of the study, says,‘the results strongly support a role of racism in the birther movement.’ He adds the racial attitude survey questions used in the study represent legitimate measures of prejudice used in psychology.”
“The results support recent research that prejudice expresses itself in American society in non-overt ways, sometimes in attitudes not even consciously held by people.”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#145072 Mar 1, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, France, not Canada. I told you in my previous post. France and Great Britain. Canada as a nation never ever approved or maintained slavery, either practically or as a matter of policy.
The French founded Haiti with slaves, and many other Caribbean, Indian Ocean and Pacific Ocean Island countries. Er,. Rogue, don't be like LRS (lol), Canada is NOT a part of France. It was a colony until 1759 and declared a British colony shortly after the Le Marquis de Montcalm, France, was defeated by Gen Wolfe (Great Britain) at the battle of the Plains of Abraham (Vile de Québec).
Splitting hairs again Jacques.
Oh, you do remember I am part French-Canadian so I am familiar with your history. Are you familiar with the Aroostook War? You azz-hole shot one of our pigs (the only war casualty of that war).

RationalState

#145073 Mar 1, 2013
"Hehman's study found that because social norms declare racial prejudice to be inappropriate, highly-prejudiced whites may seek alternative reasons for their lack of acceptance of Obama. According to Hehman, those whites may feel a need to legitimize their beliefs about Obama by attributing them to other factors, including certain un-American social policies."

http://www.udreview.com/news/grad-student-bir...

http://tinyurl.com/b223hf9

Location hidden

#145074 Mar 1, 2013
Life gate wrote:
Poor retarded birthers
Oh oh, you used the r-word. I wonder if Jacques will slap you?

RationalState

#145075 Mar 1, 2013
"'So-called birthers will justify questioning Obama's birthplace for any reason other than race, so as to avoid thinking they are racially biased,' he said."
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#145076 Mar 1, 2013
wojar wrote:
“Racial prejudice does play a role, suggests a study led by Eric Hehman of the University of Delaware in the March Journal of Experimental Social Psychology.”
“So, to tease out the influence of racial prejudice on perceptions of Obama's Americanism, the researchers asked 295 students, both black and white, to evaluate the performance and "Americanism" of the two politicians in late 2009. They also included six questions, widely used in psychology, to gauge whether folks are more or less prejudiced against blacks.”
“Whites higher in prejudice rated Obama as less American, and as performing more poorly as president.”
“Psychologist Jack Brigham of Florida State University, an expert in racial attitudes research who was not part of the study, says,‘the results strongly support a role of racism in the birther movement.’ He adds the racial attitude survey questions used in the study represent legitimate measures of prejudice used in psychology.”
“The results support recent research that prejudice expresses itself in American society in non-overt ways, sometimes in attitudes not even consciously held by people.”
USA Today is a joke.

“zero nuclear weapons”

Since: Sep 08

Perryville

#145077 Mar 1, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Playing on Topix is fun, not to mention educational. I know. I learn new words, new expressions daily. Today, and from literary gian Fed up, I just learned "sorrowly missed". Thank you, will add to my vocabulary and library of quaint expressions.
Orly Taitz has been mocked and laughed at more times than she can remember. Add today.
Orly Taitz is a mentally unblanced nut case

Location hidden

#145078 Mar 1, 2013
wojar wrote:
Oh, I see several major flaws in this study. One, a greater number of whites are Republicans and many blacks do not believe that another black person can possibly be a racist. In fact many blacks do not consider affirmative actions for blacks to be a form of racism! In fact many believe that if you are against racial affirmative actions programs YOU are the racist.
It is just like the NAACP, they do not want to solve racism because once racism is gone, they will no longer be needed. Same goes for the EPA, OSHA, etc., they all must continue to find new problems.
Maude

Floral Park, NY

#145080 Mar 1, 2013
abc wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats because most in her district smoke too much weed and other stuff, and enjoy sucking off the government teet. Pigs on a farm have more brains
I could'nt agree more.

“zero nuclear weapons”

Since: Sep 08

Perryville

#145081 Mar 1, 2013
kkk wrote:
REPEAL EXECUTIVE ORDER #13489
Hey you read this if you the brains to do it.
The Executive Order 13489 Myth

Another canon in birther mythology is the claim that Barack Obama signed an Executive Order his first day in office sealing his records.

While he did sign an executive order (Executive Order 13489), the truth of the matter is a bit different than what the birthers claim.

As in 180 degrees different.

On 18 January 1989, then-President Ronald Reagan signed Executive Order 12667, which established policies and procedures to govern "Executive Privilege" from current and former Presidents in connection with their Presidential Records, which among other things allowed the Archivist of the United States to release those records unless, within 30 days from notification, the current or former President says "no".

On 5 November 2001, the-President George W. Bush signed Executive Order 13233, which restricted those records for a period of 12 years after the President in question left office and increased the time to 90 days. In addition, it allowed the current President to override the requests of the former President in regards to those records. It specifically revoked Reagan's order of 18 January 1989.

So what did Obama's Executive Order 13489 do?

It is almost word for word an exact copy of Reagan's order of 18 January 1989, and has the effect of expanding access to Presidential records by specifically revoking Bush's order of 5 November 2001.

Here's the other thing that birthers don't seem to understand about Executive Order 13489.

It only applies to Presidential Records, not the records before one became president. And there's nothing in Executive Order 13489 that hides the pre-Presidential records at all.

It's interesting how the birthers could take something that is almost identical to what Ronald Reagan did in office, and turn it 180 to claim it's something it's really not.

The myth that Obama signed an order hiding his records? Busted.

RationalState

#145082 Mar 1, 2013
Birfoon irrationality.

" http://www.science20.com/science_20/studies_y... ;

"Obama might not have known where he was born if he had to rely on his father's honesty, they instead attributed it to racism."

Hahahahahahaha.

His father's honesty is relevant?

He relied on the fact that his MOTHER gave birth to him at Kapiolani, delivered by David A. Sinclair, M.D., attending physician, as verified by HDoH.

RationalState

#145083 Mar 1, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't speak for me you pencil-necked, zit-faced, ignorant, lying piece of roadkill. Epic infant! LMAO!!!
Where did you ever get the notion that I was speaking for you? RU taking your meds?
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>

RationalState

#145084 Mar 1, 2013
kkk wrote:
<quoted text>
car sales up in China!
And that negates "Car sales in US up 7% in January"?
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
Another bad day for Rogue. Car sales in US up 7% in January. In spite of March 1 deadline past, DJIA is up about 40 points. Who will stop this diabolical Obama?

“Reduce immigration levels”

Since: Dec 06

Kings Mountain, NC

#145085 Mar 1, 2013
Chamber of Commerce CEO: Obama Is Tyrannical & Borderline Communist
&fe ature=em-uploademail

Obama: I Am Not A Dictator - 3/1/2013
He's a dictator in training
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

RationalState

#145086 Mar 1, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
USA Today is a joke.
USA Today made up the story? Is that your fantasy?
wojar wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 35 min andet1987 4,726
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 52 min Mister Tonka 98,239
Adult Nursing Relationships (May '11) 52 min Handcuff ottoman 137
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 46,741
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMerde 49,882
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 69,402
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Patriangelily 1,110,245
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••