BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#142830 Feb 16, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>Then STFU puss! LMAO!!!!!
Blather on moron. Maybe someone will believe the playground bully act.(But I doubt it)
Read Up

Munster, IN

#142831 Feb 16, 2013
Fed Up wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading a book on Hitler now and the similarities are astounding!
I also am reading a compelling book about Hitler. I believe the name of the book is called Decision Points.

Since: Mar 11

Jacksonville, FL

#142832 Feb 16, 2013
They still "don't get it" and this article proves it. A Mini-14 is a Mini-14 regardless on how long the stock is, whether or not it has a pistol grip, bayonet lug, etc. and they can still kill just as man people,,,,, or coyotes.
Do you know what the fastest canine is in the world? It is a coyote and they can run more than 40 mph and then turn on a dime and give you change. I have hunted coyotes from a helicopter and they will spin around and make you dizzy and you need a fast firing rifle with a high capacity magazine.
Wild pigs are also hunted from helicopters and for the same reason.

Helicopter Coyote & Hog Hunt 2010

Gun ban would protect more than 2,200 firearms
By EILEEN SULLIVAN | Associated Press –

WASHINGTON (AP)— Congress' latest crack at a new assault weapons ban would protect more than 2,200 specific firearms, including a semi-automatic rifle that is nearly identical to one of the guns used in the bloodiest shootout in FBI history.
One model of that firearm, the Ruger .223 caliber Mini-14, is on the proposed list to be banned, while a different model of the same gun is on a list of exempted firearms in legislation the Senate is considering. The gun that would be protected from the ban has fixed physical features and can't be folded to be more compact. Yet the two firearms are equally deadly.
"What a joke," said former FBI agent John Hanlon, who survived the 1986 shootout in Miami. He was shot in the head, hand, groin and hip with a Ruger Mini-14 that had a folding stock. Two FBI agents died and five others were wounded.
http://news.yahoo.com/gun-ban-protect-more-2-...

Jacksonville, FL

#142833 Feb 16, 2013
Oh, in Vietnam I actually herded water buffalo with a helicopter. I stuck the tip of my skid up one bull's rear end to get him to move.

Jacksonville, FL

#142834 Feb 16, 2013
I got this morning. He was in my unit in Vietnam a few years before I got there.

15 Feb 2013

William Curtis Yankausky Jr.(Yank) died at the age of 67 DOB: 15 Apr 1945 DOD: 13 Feb 2013

117th [AHC] Dec.1965-Jul.66 was a Gunner 11B,then transferred to the 10th CAB Jul.66-Jan.67 as a Pathfinder.
Yank was a Life Member of the 117th AHCVA since July 2002 and the VFW.
Medical Retirement from the US Army with about 18 years of service.

Lived most of his life around the Ft. Leonard Wood Missouri area. St. Roberts, Waynseville and Dixon.
Yank was living in an assisted living home in Dixon, MO.

Jacksonville, FL

#142835 Feb 16, 2013
We got our doorgunners from the 15th Infantry Division. When they got tired of walking, so would volunteer for DG on Hueys. Then they realized that if the was action within 100 miles, we were there in an hour.
Maybe humping rice paddies with an M-60 was batter than flying in a Huey and getting shot at ten times more often.
The good news is that I did not have one crew member wounded or injured on my aircraft.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#142836 Feb 16, 2013
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Blather on moron. Maybe someone will believe the playground bully act.(But I doubt it)
Tell us Can't Learn Shyt, how big of a man you are for laughing at the disabled! BTW, it's no act, come find out for yourself! Oh yea, you declined (LMAO)! Pathetic skintag
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#142837 Feb 16, 2013
Big man, "Can't Learn Shyt", laughs at disabled people. I'm hearing that jingle again WHAT-A-LOSER!
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#142838 Feb 16, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>Tell us Can't Learn Shyt, how big of a man you are for laughing at the disabled! BTW, it's no act, come find out for yourself! Oh yea, you declined (LMAO)! Pathetic skintag
Here kitty kitty kitty

Jacksonville, FL

#142839 Feb 16, 2013
Read Up wrote:
<quoted text>
I also am reading a compelling book about Hitler. I believe the name of the book is called Decision Points.
Ah, you are reading a book and you are not sure of the title? Do you have a reading comprehension problem?
I bet you also believe that all glaciers are shrinking because of Global Warming?

Hubbard Glacier, Alaska
September 01, 2012
This photo of the Hubbard Glacier in southeastern Alaska was taken from a cruise ship about an eighth of a mile (0.2 km) away. Stretching out to 76 mi (122 km) in length and 7 mi (11 km) in width, at its widest, Hubbard is the largest tidewater glacier in North America. Unlike nearly all of the other tidewater glaciers in Alaska, the Hubbard Glacier has been advancing toward, rather than retreating from, the Gulf of Alaska since it was first mapped in the 1890s. It's plodding along at a pace of about 80 ft (24 m) per year. The beautiful turquoise color of the ice at its 600 ft (183 m) high terminus, in the foreground, is a result of the longer wavelengths of sunlight (reds and oranges) being absorbed by myriad ice crystals. Thus, only the shorter wavelength colors (blues and greens) of light emerge. Photo taken on July 25, 2012.
http://epod.usra.edu/blog/2012/09/hubbard-gla...

Jacksonville, FL

#142840 Feb 16, 2013
Christie-Palin2012 wrote:
Oh, in Vietnam I actually herded water buffalo with a helicopter. I stuck the tip of my skid up one bull's rear end to get him to move.
And I was trying to get them out of a mine field too. Yep, there I was hovering four feet over a mine field with the toe of my skid up a water buffalo's butt!

Jacksonville, FL

#142841 Feb 16, 2013
Grand Birther wrote:
This author reminds me of Rogue Moron.
http://avon-oh.patch.com/blog_posts/animals-c...
Well, about ten years ago some Libtard woman wrote to governor on Pennsylvania about moving a deer crossing sign. There was a deer crossing sign on the road in front of her house and she was tired of dead deer ending up on her front yard.
She asked the governor to move the sign so the deer would cross the road further from her house! As if deer can read!!!

Jacksonville, FL

#142842 Feb 16, 2013
Hey Jacques, this is from a Geo. Soros approved source so it must be true. Ah, did it really get cold enough in Vietnam to kill 10,000 water buffalo? Must be Global Warming!!!

10,000 Cattle Dead In Vietnam: Cows, Buffalo Part Of Mass Die-Off First Posted: 01/21/11 12:39

In the latest of a string of mass animal deaths, 10,000 cows and buffalo have died in Vietnam.

Vietnam's Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development confirmed the news this week that more than 10,000 cows and buffalos died nationwide due to harsh weather conditions.

Cattle have been dying throughout Vietnam, which has had a particularly intense winter.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/21/1000...

Since: Oct 09

Moreno Valley, CA

#142844 Feb 16, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a waste of money, which we're fresh out of! Or haven't you noticed? LOL
I’ve noticed this is what your Party has lead you to believe. Smarter folk know they’re simply protecting the rich from paying their fair share of taxes. Smarter folk know too that the richest country in the world is neither out of money nor is there an immediate deficit problem and that the immediate problem is jobs and that more jobs will bring in more tax revenue and the extra spending by the new earners will spur new growth and the new growth will create even more jobs and so on and so on.

Your Party on the other hand assumes drastic cuts in government spending thereby putting millions of people out of work which will in turn have a terrible ripple effect on an already fragile economy should be the ticket. Which is of course why your Party lost the election. The one thing we know your Party can do well is wreck the economy. And as it appears whether in power or not.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#142845 Feb 16, 2013
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
I’ve noticed this is what your Party has lead you to believe. Smarter folk know they’re simply protecting the rich from paying their fair share of taxes. Smarter folk know too that the richest country in the world is neither out of money nor is there an immediate deficit problem and that the immediate problem is jobs and that more jobs will bring in more tax revenue and the extra spending by the new earners will spur new growth and the new growth will create even more jobs and so on and so on.
Your Party on the other hand assumes drastic cuts in government spending thereby putting millions of people out of work which will in turn have a terrible ripple effect on an already fragile economy should be the ticket. Which is of course why your Party lost the election. The one thing we know your Party can do well is wreck the economy. And as it appears whether in power or not.
Sorry slaveboi, I quit reading after your second sentence. You're no one to be talking about others paying their fair share, now are you? moochersquid
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#142846 Feb 16, 2013
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Here kitty kitty kitty
Let me guess, you torture animals as well as laugh at the disabled? WHAT-A-LOSERSQUID!
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#142847 Feb 16, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>Let me guess, you torture animals as well as laugh at the disabled? WHAT-A-LOSERSQUID!
Poor Birfoon. Sucks to be such a moron.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#142848 Feb 16, 2013
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Here kitty kitty kitty
Do you remember when you were little blowing Bubbles in the bathtub?
Well, I ran into Bubbles and he said to say "Hi".

Location hidden

#142849 Feb 16, 2013
Researchers Crack the Mystery of the Missing Sunspots

March 2, 2011: In 2008-2009, sunspots almost completely disappeared for two years. Solar activity dropped to hundred-year lows; Earth's upper atmosphere cooled and collapsed; the sun’s magnetic field weakened, allowing cosmic rays to penetrate the Solar System in record numbers. It was a big event, and solar physicists openly wondered, where have all the sunspots gone?
Now they know. An answer is being published in the March 3rd edition of Nature.
"Plasma currents deep inside the sun interfered with the formation of sunspots and prolonged solar minimum," says lead author Dibyendu Nandi of the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research in Kolkata. "Our conclusions are based on a new computer model of the sun's interior."

For years, solar physicists have recognized the importance of the sun's "Great Conveyor Belt." A vast system of plasma currents called ‘meridional flows’(akin to ocean currents on Earth) travel along the sun's surface, plunge inward around the poles, and pop up again near the sun's equator. These looping currents play a key role in the 11-year solar cycle. When sunspots begin to decay, surface currents sweep up their magnetic remains and pull them down inside the star; 300,000 km below the surface, the sun’s magnetic dynamo amplifies the decaying magnetic fields. Re-animated sunspots become buoyant and bob up to the surface like a cork in water—voila! A new solar cycle is born.
For the first time, Nandi’s team believes they have developed a computer model that gets the physics right for all three aspects of this process--the magnetic dynamo, the conveyor belt, and the buoyant evolution of sunspot magnetic fields.
"According to our model, the trouble with sunspots actually began in back in the late 1990s during the upswing of Solar Cycle 23," says co-author Andrés Muñoz-Jaramillo of the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics. "At that time, the conveyor belt sped up."
The fast-moving belt rapidly dragged sunspot corpses down to sun's inner dynamo for amplification. At first glance, this might seem to boost sunspot production, but no. When the remains of old sunspots reached the dynamo, they rode the belt through the amplification zone too hastily for full re-animation. Sunspot production was stunted.
http://science.nasa.gov/media/medialibrary/20...

Location hidden

#142851 Feb 16, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh damn, they gave me a lemon. But I do have a minor correction. It has snowed five times over the past six winters!
Snow on the Outer Banks (OBX)- Sledding at Wright Brothers Monument [Jan. 2009]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PQT3vBjTiykXX
Outer Banks Snow Storm [Jan.]2010 - Kitty Hawk
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Outer Banks Beach Update and SNOW - 12/16/10
Snow on outer banks of NC [Jan 2013]
Corolla Wild Horses on the beach in the snow - Outer Banks [Jan. 2013]
Yep, for the sixth time in six winters, it has snowed in the North Carolina Outer Banks!!! Eye nose, eye nose, it is caused by .... Global Warmin'. But everything is caused by Global Warming. After all, that is the only reason you can explain Obama!!!

Accumulating snow expected tonight on OBX
Sam Walker | February 16, 2013

A low pressure system developing off the coast tonight will bring widespread precipitation to the area, including the possibilty of accumulating snow.
A winter weather advisory has been issued by the National Weather Service for the Outer Banks and all of northeastern North Carolina through Sunday morning.

Forecasters say the precipitation will begin as rain before cold air circulating around the low moves into the area, and a changeover to wet snow occurs.

The snow is expected to be heaviest between 6 and 11 p.m., with snowfall rates of up to one inch per hour possible in heavier bands.

Total accumulations could range from one to three inches, with locally higher amounts, mainly on grassy surfaces.

http://outerbanksvoice.com/2013/02/16/accumul...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Incognito4Ever 1,126,232
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min factcheck 47,495
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 24 min Jonah1 50,617
Car Paint, Paint and Various cosmetics products... 51 min johnson 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Mandela 68,650
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 70,076
Emanuel set to outline re-election agenda in fi... 2 hr wasademocratNomore 5
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]