BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#140829 Feb 5, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote : "Several points here. This is on ABC News". You mean to say this is a serious source, unlike all your others like FoxNews.com or WN.com or or , you know, all your junk hate sites.
And why would Trump sue Maher for suggesting the truth?
Point one, I said ABC News because it is a George Soros approved site.
Next, he is suing Maher because he welshed on bet!!!

Location hidden

#140830 Feb 5, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you please mind showing me where, in that FoxNews.com "dépêche", ha ha, it says that 95% of firerarms crimes are committed by criminals, or simply, show me how this crappy bit of faux journalism indicates that , in your own words "This is who commits 95% of firearm crimes."
Okay, it's not just dumb, it is dumber. Is there another word beyond "dumber" that would better fit your "personnage"?
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
95% came from me. I'll bet you it's right also! Sounds like a great job for ya. Give it a "shot". LMAO!
Well, Jacques thinks that an old person who is in their home and afraid they might be burglarized is a criminal because they by a gun to protect themselves.
Froggy

Jacksonville, FL

#140831 Feb 5, 2013
American Lady

Danville, KY

#140832 Feb 5, 2013
So I understand how there could be a perfunctory religious practice without any life in it that would cause one to hunger and yearn for something much more personal. And the offer of relationship touches that hunger.

But here's the problem: "having a relationship with God" in this sense is not at all unique to Christianity. Virtually every religion, it seems to me, has as its goal something intensely personal.

And this is why this distinction actually weakens our message if we're not careful. It's a version of "try Him you'll like Him." People can easily say, "No thanks, I'm trying something else right now and I like that just fine." In fact, that's been the response I've frequently gotten when I've offered Christianity to a non-believer with the appeal that it's not religion but a relationship. Their response: "I've already got a relationship with God, thank you."

The core of the Gospel isn't having a relationship with God, but being rightly related to God. The prepositions are absolutely critical here. Another way of putting it is you must have peace with God before you can have the peace of God, and there's a profound difference.

"Well, Koukl, now you're just fussing about words."

Yes, I'm fussing about words because words often make all the difference in the world.

There are two kinds of peace in the New Testament, ladies and gentlemen. First is the feeling of peacefulness. It's mentioned as a fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5:22, and is the feeling that guards our hearts and minds after prayer that Paul talks about in Philippians 4:6-7.

The second kind of peace is the cessation of hostility between two parties. Nations at war declare a truce and then enter into a period of peace. They're not fighting with each other any more.

http://www.str.org/site/News2...
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#140833 Feb 5, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Worse than Fox? Really? Is that at all possible? Hmmm, maybe, WND.com and Pravda, but they are not TV networks. So Fox wins the mediocrity oscar hands down, and hey, its listeners cheer, they think this is good news. "Hey, gand, we're mediocre" as they gulp more cheap beer and fire their guns in the air. Sigh
You obviously have Americans confused with those uneducated, illiterate and barbaric sandchiggers you grew up with. They and you are still in the sixth century. Stuck forever more, quoth the Raven! Loon-a-tune
American Lady

Danville, KY

#140834 Feb 5, 2013
The Lord's Prayer

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on Earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL.

For Thine is the kingdom and the POWER and the glory, forever and ever.

Amen †
American Lady

Danville, KY

#140835 Feb 5, 2013
Or by article 22 of the constitution of Delaware,(1776,) which required all officers, besides an oath of allegiance, to make and subscribe the following declaration: "I, A.B., do profess [143 U.S. 457, 470] faith in God the Father, and in Jesus Christ His only Son, and in the Holy Ghost, one God, blessed for evermore; and I do acknowledge the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be given by divine inspiration."

Even the constitution of the United States, which is supposed to have little touch upon the private life of the individual, contains in the first amendment a declaration common to the constitutions of all the states, as follows: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," etc.,- and also provides in article 1,§ 7,(a provision common to many constitutions,) that the executive shall have 10 days (Sundays excepted) within which to determine whether he will approve or veto a bill.
http://famguardian.org/Subjects/LawAndGovt/Ch...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#140837 Feb 5, 2013
;0)
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#140838 Feb 5, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you please mind showing me where, in that FoxNews.com "dépêche", ha ha, it says that 95% of firerarms crimes are committed by criminals, or simply, show me how this crappy bit of faux journalism indicates that , in your own words "This is who commits 95% of firearm crimes."
Okay, it's not just dumb, it is dumber. Is there another word beyond "dumber" that would better fit your "personnage"?
<quoted text>
Well, Jacques thinks that an old person who is in their home and afraid they might be burglarized is a criminal because they by a gun to protect themselves.
Yep, makes me wonder if jakeleg isn't a criminal himself. He only wants guns in the hands of cold blooded killers? Hmmm....
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#140839 Feb 5, 2013
jakeleg, why do you want innocent, law-abiding citizens to be unarmed while the criminal element will still have their weapons? jakeleg would like to see unarmed American citizens gunned down on a regular basis. This is how much jakeleg hates America and its people, just like his sandchigger relatives. I wonder if his sandchigger relatives have any more guts than he does? We all know the answer is "no". Off yourself immediately. TIA

Since: Oct 09

Moreno Valley, CA

#140840 Feb 5, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity isn't a religion ...
It's a "way of LIFE" ...
FOR "me" ... <3
I’ll be sure and let those crazy academics know AL because they have Christianity listed as the largest religion in the world.

Truth be told I suspect a lot of folk simply say they’re Christian for lack of a better depiction of their true perspective. Those would be what Rogue refers to as the lapse Christians. LOL
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#140841 Feb 5, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
By a phone book and plagiarism? God, there is dumb and there is dumber. Which are you? Never mind. He meant Bruiser, you know it, I know it, we know it, they know it,everybody, well, maybe except you, knows it. He puts Moe to shame.
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
No, by a large, floppy penis!
Not only does "penis" have no reason to be there, your short and absurd sentence has no relevance. KIs that a mirror description of your own by any chance?

I've told this before, but here goes again : Now everyone knows how those afflicted by the plague would have a bell hanging around their neck so as to warn the population they were coming. You should hang one around yours. Then and only then could you shout "Can you hear me coming?", and all would flee. Ha ha. What a loser. Still thinking that offshore Romney is president.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#140842 Feb 5, 2013
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
I’ll be sure and let those crazy academics know AL because they have Christianity listed as the largest religion in the world.
Truth be told I suspect a lot of folk simply say they’re Christian for lack of a better depiction of their true perspective. Those would be what Rogue refers to as the lapse Christians. LOL
It went right over your head slaveboi. LMAO!

Moreno Valley, CA

#140843 Feb 5, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
If Trump looks stupid with his planes, penthouses, etc., how do you think you look slaveboi? Like a flat-out loser. Honestly.
The game is basketball and Mr. Liars as usual shows up with a football.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#140844 Feb 5, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
By a phone book and plagiarism? God, there is dumb and there is dumber. Which are you? Never mind. He meant Bruiser, you know it, I know it, we know it, they know it,everybody, well, maybe except you, knows it. He puts Moe to shame.
<quoted text>
Not only does "penis" have no reason to be there, your short and absurd sentence has no relevance. KIs that a mirror description of your own by any chance?
I've told this before, but here goes again : Now everyone knows how those afflicted by the plague would have a bell hanging around their neck so as to warn the population they were coming. You should hang one around yours. Then and only then could you shout "Can you hear me coming?", and all would flee. Ha ha. What a loser. Still thinking that offshore Romney is president.
Absolutely nothing! LMAO Loon-a-toon!
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#140845 Feb 5, 2013
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
The game is basketball and Mr. Liars as usual shows up with a football.
Now, that's a sharp reply! Pfft!!! Really slaveboi, can you do no better? LMAO!

Location hidden

#140846 Feb 5, 2013
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I an Catholic but not Roman Catholic. There are many people like me who are not keen on organized religion. But I do donate money to Catholic Charities because I think they are a good value. But I do not want even one of my cents going to Rome!

Moreno Valley, CA

#140847 Feb 5, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I an Catholic but not Roman Catholic. There are many people like me who are not keen on organized religion. But I do donate money to Catholic Charities because I think they are a good value. But I do not want even one of my cents going to Rome!
Just donated to my old grade school Catholic Church yesterday. They still have the nerve to send me a tithe envelope once a year. LOL
American Lady

Danville, KY

#140848 Feb 5, 2013
Feds: 18 charged in $200M global credit card fraud
Full story: Rome News
Eighteen people were charged in what may be one of the nation's largest credit card fraud rings, a sprawling international scam that duped credit-rating agencies and used thousands of fake identities to steal at least $200 million, federal authorities said Tuesday.

FBI agents enter Raja Jewelers at 820 Newark Ave. in Jersey City on Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2013, investigating an international credit card fraud ring. Eighteen people were charged in what may be one of the nation's largest credit card fraud rings, a sprawling international scam that duped credit-rating agencies and used thousands of fake identities to steal at least $200 million, federal authorities said Tuesday.(AP Photo/The Jersey Journal, Reena Rose Sibayan)

NEWARK, N.J.(AP)— Eighteen people were charged in what may be one of the nation's largest credit card fraud rings, a sprawling international scam that duped credit-rating agencies and used thousands of fake identities to steal at least $200 million, federal authorities said Tuesday.

The elaborate scheme involved improving fake cardholders' credit scores, allowing the scammers to borrow more money that they never repaid, investigators said.

Read more: RN-T.com - Feds 18 charged in 200M global credit card fraud

http://www.topix.com/us/2013/02/feds-18-charg...
Grand Birther

Oregon, OH

#140849 Feb 5, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
slaveboi
"It has nothing to do with race" -- birfoons

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Bluestater 1,156,643
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 min Frijoles 71,305
Christmas a time for reflection on 47 years in ... 54 min reality is a crutch 1
Chicagoa s 2014 murder total on track for anoth... 1 hr reality is a crutch 7
Chicago police stop black motorists more, ACLU ... 4 hr L Morales 11
Southern Illinois Supports Police 4 hr Does not matter 1
Holiday Greetings 6 hr Daddy Warbucks 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago