BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#140659 Feb 4, 2013
I thought they sent him into space last week!

Iran's President Wants to be Country's 1st Astronaut
By Clara Moskowitz | SPACE.com
http://news.yahoo.com/irans-president-wants-c...
Learn to Read

Chicago, IL

#140660 Feb 4, 2013
Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>In the Black neighborhoods, where food stamp amounts allotted no longer feeds the people, they must go to beg at churches for food.
The workers at the church get the best available food and the minions get what little is left, most of which they do not even like.
If you apply for food stamps now, they do not expedite help for you even if you are starving.
You get a small jar of peanut butter, with no bread or crackers to put it on, and two small boxes of corn chex to last a family of three up to potentially 2 weeks or more if help actually even comes at all.
You also get 2 pints or quarts of fake milk as well.
The local Kroger's shelves are becoming bare as we speak.
The fights over food are almost upon us.
The end is certainly near.
A usurper has killed this once free and vibrant country.
No one is hiring, many more companies plan to close their doors, such as Best Buy, Kmart, Sears and J.C. Penny to name a few.
Right. KMart, Sears and Penny's were all solid as rocks until Obama took office. I'm pretty sure he killed off all the Barnes and Noble stores too

Location hidden

#140661 Feb 4, 2013
I guess Obama never heard of our First Amendment! It is like predicting the winner of yesterday's Super Bowl. They make an educated guess.

S&P says U.S. to file civil lawsuit over ratings
Reuters –

(Reuters)- Standard & Poor's on Monday said it expects to be the target of a U.S. Department of Justice civil lawsuit over its ratings of mortgage bonds prior to the recent financial crisis.
The lawsuit against the McGraw-Hill Cos unit focuses on its ratings in 2007 of various U.S. collateralized debt obligations (CDO), S&P said.
It would be the first federal enforcement action against a credit rating agency over alleged illegal behavior tied to the financial crisis.
"A DOJ lawsuit would be entirely without factual or legal merit," S&P said in a statement. "The DOJ would be wrong in contending that S&P ratings were motivated by commercial considerations and not issued in good faith."
The Justice Department was not immediately available for comment.
http://news.yahoo.com/u-states-plan-civil-cha...
Learn to Read

Chicago, IL

#140662 Feb 4, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>Wake up. Those stores, some of them, are closing because more and more people are buying online. Nothing to do with Obama. Employmnt is shifting elsewhere.
The Internet!? I knew it - this is all the fault of Al Gore and Skidmark! If not for their creation KMart would still be going strong!
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#140663 Feb 4, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Grammarians consider it an adjective. Personally, I don't agree. An adjective is descriptive. Technically, it is an adjective.
Well, I'd rather take it from grammarians if you don't mind than you, no offence. I did say "an" was an adjective, you went LMAO, and "and" was a conjunction. In french, the equivalent of "an" (le, la or un(e)) is an article. Would it be an article to you then, as that is not descriptive? Webster says it's an article and he is coloquially correct. But as I stick with L'académie francaise for all that has to do with correct French, I stick with Oxford for English. Nothing amiss asserting that "an" is an article if you like, but try to refrain from LMAO'ing when someone uses the Queen's English. Remember George Bernard Shaw's words on American English, very sobering indeed.
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#140664 Feb 4, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
No need. The Obumbler printing presses are doing that for all of us. Do try and be more aware.
Hmm, I must say, the US dollar is doing quite well against most currencies.
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#140666 Feb 4, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
I thought they sent him into space last week!
Iran's President Wants to be Country's 1st Astronaut
By Clara Moskowitz | SPACE.com
http://news.yahoo.com/irans-president-wants-c...
Let's hope it's a long burn and he's hurtled Pluto's way.
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#140667 Feb 4, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
I guess Obama never heard of our First Amendment! It is like predicting the winner of yesterday's Super Bowl. They make an educated guess.
S&P says U.S. to file civil lawsuit over ratings
Reuters –
(Reuters)- Standard & Poor's on Monday said it expects to be the target of a U.S. Department of Justice civil lawsuit over its ratings of mortgage bonds prior to the recent financial crisis.
The lawsuit against the McGraw-Hill Cos unit focuses on its ratings in 2007 of various U.S. collateralized debt obligations (CDO), S&P said.
It would be the first federal enforcement action against a credit rating agency over alleged illegal behavior tied to the financial crisis.
"A DOJ lawsuit would be entirely without factual or legal merit," S&P said in a statement. "The DOJ would be wrong in contending that S&P ratings were motivated by commercial considerations and not issued in good faith."
The Justice Department was not immediately available for comment.
http://news.yahoo.com/u-states-plan-civil-cha...
Sue the bastards. Was it not Standard and Poor that rated the mortgage market solid as a rock jjust before it fell totally apart? That firm is more poor than standard.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#140668 Feb 4, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
hey dingy....the taxes are taken out ahead of time, they already got it.
don't file and see how they will bankrupt your azzes. a broke azz person has no power.
First tip for ya spanky, it's WHO you know. Secondly, we're obviously talking about two very different classes of society. Those who actually sign their check to pay their taxes and those who endorse the check the gov handed out. And, ever heard of a cash-based business? Self-employed? I like the idea of no federal income taxes offset by a higher sales tax. That way, every single person is pitching in almost every single day. New Hammer Time - LMAO!!!
Learn to Read

Chicago, IL

#140669 Feb 4, 2013
Ahhhh. Of course. It is Obama's fault because, as a seasoned hunter, he should have advised Sears and KMart

"Bonnie Knutson compares brand strategy to shooting a deer or pheasant: You aim beyond the prey. If you don’t, the animal is gone by the time the bullet gets there."

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/dec/29...
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#140670 Feb 4, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Wake up. Those stores, some of them, are closing because more and more people are buying online. Nothing to do with Obama. Employmnt is shifting elsewhere.
BS! Then why do they have the same reason for doing so? Pure BS! By the way, Barnes and Noble is laying off quite a few. The common thread seems to be Obumblercare! Imagine that?

Location hidden

#140671 Feb 4, 2013
I wonder how many other presidents have gotten letters like this?

http://www.utahsheriffs.org/USA-Home_files/2n...
Grand Birther

Oregon, OH

#140672 Feb 4, 2013
Barnes and Noble has been shuttering stores long before any recent legislation. Amazon has far better deals, e-readers are far more convenient, and no one buys CDs anymore that's under 50 y.o.

Birfoons are functionally illiterate as is and won't be going near any book stores.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#140673 Feb 4, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm, I must say, the US dollar is doing quite well against most currencies.
No better against the Euro and GBP than it has been the past two or three years.
Learn to Read

Chicago, IL

#140674 Feb 4, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>BS! Then why do they have the same reason for doing so? Pure BS! By the way, Barnes and Noble is laying off quite a few. The common thread seems to be Obumblercare! Imagine that?
Right. B&N's tying up cash in real estate as the model moved to Internet distribution couldn't be the reason. Nor could it be the Kindle kicking the Nook for more than a year. It must be Obama's fault!

And yet the Tpublicans and FauxCons love to parrot their hero Puff Windbaugh and his "personal responsibility for success or failure" bloviations.
Grand Birther

Oregon, OH

#140675 Feb 4, 2013
You're a raging moron if you think "an" is an adjective.

It's an article, trust me.
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#140676 Feb 4, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
BS! Then why do they have the same reason for doing so? Pure BS! By the way, Barnes and Noble is laying off quite a few. The common thread seems to be Obumblercare! Imagine that?
Many shoppers buy more and more online, and they use Best Buy, Sears and others simply as "store windows" to see and "touch" products, then turn around and buy the item(s) they prefer online.(Wall Street Journal, last week I believe). This accounts a great deal for so many store closings, the first to be abandoned being the old Sears and Kmarts of this world. Even Walmart and Costco will, I believe,(hope I'm wrong) be closing stores in the future, as even their online business accounts for an increasing part of their sales.

Location hidden

#140677 Feb 4, 2013
Oh well, Obama missed his deadline for submitted a budget to Congress. So what else is knew?
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#140678 Feb 4, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
I wonder how many other presidents have gotten letters like this?
http://www.utahsheriffs.org/USA-Home_files/2n...
I find the letter to be quite well-written, polite and civil, with due respect given the president.

I also find the letter stupid and ignorant.
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#140679 Feb 4, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
No better against the Euro and GBP than it has been the past two or three years.
From memory, it took about $1.40 to buy a Euro 4 years ago. It now takes just $1.34. Definite improvement, no? Against the Cdn $, pretty much at par the last 3 years, has not budged much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min johnplustwomore 1,155,432
Ask Amy 12-23 24 min Mister Tonka 14
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 27 min Sublime1 98,869
Chicago Pizza Blows 45 min Donald Trump 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 49 min DDDD-25 49,301
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,905
20-year-old dies after fall from window in Chicago 3 hr reality is a crutch 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:21 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:21AM
Fantasy Football 2015 Awards
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
What Can Bears Do to Get Back into Playoff Hunt?
NBC Sports11:49 AM
Reggie Wayne needs offseason triceps surgery
NBC Sports 1:29 PM
Colts say they will be all business despite nothing to gain - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:40 PM
Cutler realizes Bears could be in for changes - NBC Sports