BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...
Comments
123,541 - 123,560 of 177,241 Comments Last updated 22 min ago
Froggy

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Jacques Ottawa wrote:
Again for Froggy Rogue :
Seven people were injured when they were allegedly stabbed in a vicious random attack by a man in an apartment building in Vancouver's downtown West End on Thursday evening.
Police were first called to the downtown apartment building at 1263 Barclay Street near Bute Street around 6:45 p.m. PT.
When they arrived they found seven people suffering from stab wounds. Three men and three women were rushed to hospital with serious injuries. One person was treated at the scene.
Shortly afterwards a 33-year-old Vancouver man was arrested inside the building and taken into custody, said Sgt. Randy Fincham.
"It was a very vicious, scary, very serious attack." he said. "It is early in the investigation and the motive for this violent attack is unknown."
Fincham said it did not appear that the suspect lived in the building.
"This appears to be completely random at this point. This attack does not appear to be related to any activity within the building itself."
Fincham said the victims' ages range between 20 and more than 60, and they did not appear to know each other or their attacker.
Five of the victims are in serious but stable condition, but one woman in her sixties was in critical condition.
"Detectives from the Vancouver Police Major Crime Section and the Forensic Identification Unit have been called out and they will be at the scene throughout the night," said Fincham.
NOW, INAGINE, ROGUE, IF THIS GUY HAD HAD A GUN. An assault rifle with a 60-round magazine. A few miles across the border he could've purchased one, showing his driver's licence and a wait of anywhere from 24 hours to 5 days. 5 days! Unconstitutional, the NRA would shout, as would Rep Ryan. Good thing this was Vancouver, and not Seattle.
Well, if the good guys were also armed, he may not even attempted. You see, bad guys go for places that are "Gun Free Zones"!
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Froggy wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again with the "Gun deaths". You do know there are other ways to kill people, don't you? You do know the only way a small person, handicapped person, etc. can defend him/herself is with a firearm?
Would you rather your mother shoot some one or that she be raped and strangled to death?
When the City of Chicago will not give a black homeowner the right to have a shotgun in his house to defend himself, it is time to move. Just like they are from most Liberal (Blue) states.
That is why bad guns target cars with licence plate from Canada, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, etc. and leave cars with Georgia, Alabama, Florida alone!!!
We don't care about that. We have fewer murders, and having no guns is a great part of that. We have as many robberies and muggings as you have, same in the other "have" countries, we are no better or worse than Americans at crime, we're all the same, but with fewer guns, no assault ones, and with controls, we have fewer murders. Today's near-tragedy in Vancouver is a striking example of that.
Froggy

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Hey Jackeau, how's Global Warming going on up there?

Winter storm hits Ottawa
Thousands were without power and one person died after a major storm dropped more than 25 cm of snow on the region.
Date: 12-12-22 Video by: CBC - Ottawa
http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/winter-st...

How, for those of you who are not metricized, 25 cm is about 10 Inches.
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Froggy wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again with the "Gun deaths". You do know there are other ways to kill people, don't you? You do know the only way a small person, handicapped person, etc. can defend him/herself is with a firearm?
Would you rather your mother shoot some one or that she be raped and strangled to death?
When the City of Chicago will not give a black homeowner the right to have a shotgun in his house to defend himself, it is time to move. Just like they are from most Liberal (Blue) states.
That is why bad guns target cars with licence plate from Canada, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, etc. and leave cars with Georgia, Alabama, Florida alone!!!
Yes, there are other ways to kill people. But can you think of a more efficient one than a gun or, better yet, an assault weapon? Again, what if the guy in Vancouver had a semi-automatic with a 50-round magazine? Yes, knives kill, even an elastic band can choke a toddler, but not as surely as a gun. Example:(sigh). I face you. You have a gun. I try to run away. You shoot. I'm dead. 2nd example : I face you, You have a knife. I try to run away. You run after me. If I run faster, I may just escape or I can yell and scream bloody murder for help, step out in traffic etc. You may eventually stab me, but it is not a sure thing. The gun, the assault rifle, is. Get it?
Froggy

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Winning Your Wings (1942)
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Froggy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if the good guys were also armed, he may not even attempted. You see, bad guys go for places that are "Gun Free Zones"!
Rogue, all zones are "gun free" in Canada. And that is why he did not have a gun. He's not a criminal, don't you see? Most of these guys are not. And if he had had a gun , and the guys he stabbed had guns, what makes you think he wouldn't have killed one or two before HE was shot and maybe killed. And did you think about the crossfire, and ricochets, and these guns in the hands of untrained amateurs? Your love for weapons, and your attempted justification of instruments that have one and one purpose only, to wit, kill, is disturbing to say the least.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Again with disguise. Oh well. You don't understand too well, do you? Where'd the 14-yr-old get his gun? By any chance, not from an irresponsible gun owner who has never been trained in the use and storage of guns and was able to buy it showing a simple driver's licence and drive home with it? If the child had not had access to a gun, there would be no need for armed guards in school. I would feel that my whole world, myself, my government had failed us if ever we should, god forbid, have to post armed guards in our schools. Just imagine what this gun culture and, worse even, stage of siege, is putting in our children's heads. Little kids learning to live with armed guards at school?
Man, you just don't get it, do you? You wrote: "Just imagine what this gun culture and, worse even, stage of siege, is putting in our children's heads". I can only chuckle at that. Day late and a dollar short, jake! Tell me you're not really that blind? Geeeezzzzzz.
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Froggy wrote:
Hey Jackeau, how's Global Warming going on up there?
Winter storm hits Ottawa
Thousands were without power and one person died after a major storm dropped more than 25 cm of snow on the region.
Date: 12-12-22 Video by: CBC - Ottawa
http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/winter-st...
How, for those of you who are not metricized, 25 cm is about 10 Inches.
Exactly, but it was not that bad.I was able to clear my large long driveway by hand, plus the roof. We're used to that. And power outages are always bad for those that suffer them, but they did not last that long.

Oh, we had 11 C two days ago, or 51 F - fully 17 C or 40 F above normal. Chicago? 65 F, about 40 F also above normal. What you say to that?
Froggy

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Can you figure out who the narrator is?

Wings For This Man (1945) Tuskegee Airmen

Yep, it is Ronald Reagan. Sure, he was a Democrat way back then. But they he found out he was really a Republican at heart!
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, you just don't get it, do you? You wrote: "Just imagine what this gun culture and, worse even, stage of siege, is putting in our children's heads". I can only chuckle at that. Day late and a dollar short, jake! Tell me you're not really that blind? Geeeezzzzzz.
I've already said so, but it needs to be clearer, I realise that. Now read carefully. The day our schools in Canada require armed guards, I will consider my government and all of us Canadians to have failed our children, our fellow parents and all of us.
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Froggy wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oFFkW2su38QXX
Yep, it is Ronald Reagan. Sure, he was a Democrat way back then. But they he found out he was really a Republican at heart!
Yeah, switched to the Republicans when he became a snitch for Joe McCarthy.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, but it was not that bad.I was able to clear my large long driveway by hand, plus the roof. We're used to that. And power outages are always bad for those that suffer them, but they did not last that long.
Oh, we had 11 C two days ago, or 51 F - fully 17 C or 40 F above normal. Chicago? 65 F, about 40 F also above normal. What you say to that?
You don't think it is man-made do you?
LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already said so, but it needs to be clearer, I realise that. Now read carefully. The day our schools in Canada require armed guards, I will consider my government and all of us Canadians to have failed our children, our fellow parents and all of us.
Have you given any thought to what goes into our children's heads BEFORE they're faced with tough decisions?

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Orly.....orly......where are you orly?
Learn to Read

Sadorus, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Froggy wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oFFkW2su38QXX

And today you morons would call him a RINO
Froggy

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, switched to the Republicans when he became a snitch for Joe McCarthy.
Reagan was a witness who was called to give sworn testimony. If he had testified against some murderer, would that have been okay with you? Does it bother you that we executed the communist spies Ethel Greenglass and Julius Rosenberg for giving atomic bomb secrets to the Soviets?
We all know you are a communist.
Froggy

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Smokin' Commies.

From Wiki: Eyewitness testimony (as given by a newsreel report featured in the 1982 documentary film The Atomic Cafe) describes the circumstances of the Rosenbergs' death, noting that while Julius Rosenberg died after the first electric shock, his wife did not. After the normal course of three electric shocks, attendants removed the strapping and other equipment only to have doctors determine that Mrs. Rosenberg had not yet died (her heart was still beating). Two more electric shocks were applied, and at conclusion eyewitnesses reported, Bob Considine among them, that smoke rose from her head in the chamber
Froggy

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for that. Yes, I did. I researched the man a long time ago, one of my all-time heroes.
[Jimmy] Stewart nearly declined to support his friend Ronald Reagan's campaign for the governorship of California in 1966, since Reagan had been a Democrat until 1962. In 1976 Stewart campaigned extensively in California for Reagan in the presidential primaries, especially visiting shopping malls and airports.

Campaigned for Richard Nixon in the 1968 and 1972 Presidential elections.
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think it is man-made do you?
No. But what appears to be man-made, and I stress "appears", as I only rely on experts in the field, is that our winters are warmer, we are getting less and less snow, there is no spring to speak of, we go right from winter to summer and summer to winter, no fall or hardly any. The ice truckers way up north are allowed fewer and fewer days of operations, the ice takes longer to take hold and thaws faster. Scientists who know more than me, and 95% of them agree, say it is man-made. But again, I can only witness the drastic changes I've seen in the last 20 years. Our summers, for example, are long, very very hot and dry, near drought last year in greater parts of the US and Canada. But hey, I'm no expert, will not discuss something that requires a great deal of knowledge of meteorology and science that I do not possess.
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Froggy wrote:
<quoted text>
[Jimmy] Stewart nearly declined to support his friend Ronald Reagan's campaign for the governorship of California in 1966, since Reagan had been a Democrat until 1962. In 1976 Stewart campaigned extensively in California for Reagan in the presidential primaries, especially visiting shopping malls and airports.
Campaigned for Richard Nixon in the 1968 and 1972 Presidential elections.
Good for him. His prerogative. I still like him as a man and wonderful actor. A real American.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago