BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#140195 Feb 1, 2013
Froggy wrote:
Did you know that Jackie Cooper, the child actor, was offered a star too?
"1980 the Navy proposed a period of active duty at the Pentagon that would have resulted in a promotion to rear admiral, bringing him even with Air Force Reserve Brigadier General James Stewart."
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0178114/bio
Yep, he gave it up when he thought he was going to get more movie offers that later failed to materialize!
James Stewart was a gentleman, a true American hero and a war actor and real warrior, unlike many of his contemporaries in Hollywood I will not name who fought like hell...in movies.

He flew B-24 Liberators , over 30 missions over Germany, well over the required number. He often flew lead, thereby accepting the most dangerous assignment in the formation. Probably the only private upon entering the war to General in the late 50s. The man had no warts. He apparently hardly ever spoke about his war exploits. A modest man, but very little to be modest about. And a hell of a good actor.
Froggy

Jacksonville, FL

#140196 Feb 1, 2013
Gun control is hitting what you are shooting at. Good shooting, one bad guy dead!!!

Henderson teen tells 911 dispatcher:'I just shot the man'

"I just shot the man. He came around the corner. I shot him. He broke the whole glass out (of the back door)," the teen told the 911 dispatcher.
Henderson stumbled outside after being shot and was found dead on the lawn.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/10553140...
Froggy

Jacksonville, FL

#140198 Feb 1, 2013
You see, if Obama has his way, the only weapon a home owner will be allowed is some scissors!!!
I would rather be judged by 12 strangers, than carried by six friends.
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#140199 Feb 1, 2013
Froggy wrote:
<quoted text>
DJIA 14,000 record high? Ah, it closed at 14,164 on Oct. 2007. Inflation-adjusted for today would be about 15,600.
Again, this is the longest stock market correction sense The Great Depression.
Sorry Jackeau, you are wrongeau!
You again avoided commenting who gets the credit fot the rise. He who gets the blame when it tanks should get the credit when it balloons, no?

Also, where does inflation come in? You're wrong. Let's say the DJIA was at 8,500 March 1, 2009.(approx figure, doesn't matter, proving a point). Add inflation, at an accrued rate of 2% per year to 2013, 4 years, that would come to a total of 10%(accrued)inflation for a DJIA number of 9,384. Well, it's at 14,000 now, Rogue. Boy, that sure beats inflation, no? The way you reason, it would be a poor performance if the DJIA had risen to 20,000 because inflation had not been factored in. Really.

I should have written near-record. But, don't be too happy, it WILL reach it sometime in February. Then will come the House/WH confrontation on the debt ceilng in May, DJIA will tank, deal will bne arrived at and up it'll go up again. Remind your broker of that.
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#140200 Feb 1, 2013
Froggy wrote:
Sorry Jackeau, here is a link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closing_mileston...
I just wrote that I was off. But you make such a big deal over 140 pts, even did research on it. Good for you. But don't rejoice too fast, give it a week or maybe 2, as there will be profit-taking Monday and all of next week. But it will soon be broken.
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#140202 Feb 1, 2013
Froggy wrote:
145,300 guns stolen in the U.S. from burglaries and other property crimes in 2010.
http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/pdf/fshb...
Stoen from who, Rogue? Gun owners? Did these owners receive shooting and storage classes on what to do with an store those guns? My god, you really are entenched in your little fabled gun world, aren't you? If 88% of the entire population did not have all those guns, don't you agree there would be fewer stolen guns?
Froggy

Jacksonville, FL

#140203 Feb 1, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
James Stewart was a gentleman, a true American hero and a war actor and real warrior, unlike many of his contemporaries in Hollywood I will not name who fought like hell...in movies.
He flew B-24 Liberators , over 30 missions over Germany, well over the required number. He often flew lead, thereby accepting the most dangerous assignment in the formation. Probably the only private upon entering the war to General in the late 50s. The man had no warts. He apparently hardly ever spoke about his war exploits. A modest man, but very little to be modest about. And a hell of a good actor.
Did you know he was a private pilot and commercial pilot before WWII?From Wiki: An early interest in flying led Stewart to gain his Private Pilot certificate in 1935 and Commercial Pilot certificate in 1938.
He was drafted in Oct. 1940 he was drafted and then turned down as he was underweight!
From Wiki: with the result that Stewart enlisted and was inducted in the Army on March 22, 1941. He became the first major American movie star to wear a military uniform in World War II.
Stewart enlisted as a private.
Yep, he was a real patriot!!!
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#140204 Feb 1, 2013
Froggy wrote:
<quoted text>
There are thousands of AR-15's and AK-47's in this country that are legally owned by law abiding citizens that killed no one yesterday!!!
Also, if this guy was not a U.S. citizen or a legal alien, he could not have legally bought any firearm in the U.S. even if he had a clean record!!!
I have to explain again.Was making a point and comparing similar attacks in Vancouver and in Seattle if one had happened there where anybody and his uncle can get a guh. The guy in Seattle aould have been American and concievably armed with a gun or assault rifle. In Vancouver,the guy is Canadian and CANNODT buy an assault gun and definitely not a hand gun. So has a knife, unfortunately and saddly wounds 7 people, none dead so far, but one can imagine the carnage had he been heavily armed.

Sigh,why do I have to do this?

So, ha ha, if the DJIA had finished at a million , it would not be in achievement if it did not finish at one million, one hundred thousand to account for inflation? Are you beginning to get it now?
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#140205 Feb 1, 2013
Froggy wrote:
You see, if Obama has his way, the only weapon a home owner will be allowed is some scissors!!!
I would rather be judged by 12 strangers, than carried by six friends.
Funny, that is the extent of our armaments here, and in most "have" countries. And it works. 6 to 20 times fewer gun deaths. Why?
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#140206 Feb 1, 2013
Froggy wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know he was a private pilot and commercial pilot before WWII?From Wiki: An early interest in flying led Stewart to gain his Private Pilot certificate in 1935 and Commercial Pilot certificate in 1938.
He was drafted in Oct. 1940 he was drafted and then turned down as he was underweight!
From Wiki: with the result that Stewart enlisted and was inducted in the Army on March 22, 1941. He became the first major American movie star to wear a military uniform in World War II.
Stewart enlisted as a private.
Yep, he was a real patriot!!!
Thank you for that. Yes, I did. I researched the man a long time ago, one of my all-time heroes.
Froggy

Jacksonville, FL

#140207 Feb 1, 2013
In the 1970 I spend over six years, between two tours, as an instructor pilot/flight evaluation pilot/SIP and I only no of one student pilot going through flight school on a self-paced schedule.
Normally it would have taken ten months to go through flight school but he went through in about three months. The only part he had to take the whole segment of was Tactics.
He was an enlisted man in Vietnam, got out and abstained his pilot and and CFI and CFII ratings for both airplanes and helicopters. He then got a job with the National Guard as a civilian Instructor Pilot.
He then enlisted as an enlistedman in the Guard so he would be in his sergeant's in uniform one day and his civilian pilots uniform the next day and then general would not have it. So they got him into flight school but he was as good as our IP's where. So he would spend a week or so in each phase until he got to the last phase which was Aviation Tactics and they made him stay for the whole month.
Oh, the FFA has not tactics train for civilian pilots!
Froggy

Jacksonville, FL

#140208 Feb 1, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, that is the extent of our armaments here, and in most "have" countries. And it works. 6 to 20 times fewer gun deaths. Why?
There you go again with the "Gun deaths". You do know there are other ways to kill people, don't you? You do know the only way a small person, handicapped person, etc. can defend him/herself is with a firearm?
Would you rather your mother shoot some one or that she be raped and strangled to death?
When the City of Chicago will not give a black homeowner the right to have a shotgun in his house to defend himself, it is time to move. Just like they are from most Liberal (Blue) states.
That is why bad guns target cars with licence plate from Canada, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, etc. and leave cars with Georgia, Alabama, Florida alone!!!
Froggy

Jacksonville, FL

#140209 Feb 1, 2013
About twenty years ago here in Jacksonville Florida a guy tried to rob a bingo parlor and three seniors hauled out their heaters and fired his azz up. And when he got well enough to leave the hospital they locked him up!!!
Yep, the bad guys avoid robbing bingo parlors around chere!
Froggy

Jacksonville, FL

#140210 Feb 1, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
Again for Froggy Rogue :
Seven people were injured when they were allegedly stabbed in a vicious random attack by a man in an apartment building in Vancouver's downtown West End on Thursday evening.
Police were first called to the downtown apartment building at 1263 Barclay Street near Bute Street around 6:45 p.m. PT.
When they arrived they found seven people suffering from stab wounds. Three men and three women were rushed to hospital with serious injuries. One person was treated at the scene.
Shortly afterwards a 33-year-old Vancouver man was arrested inside the building and taken into custody, said Sgt. Randy Fincham.
"It was a very vicious, scary, very serious attack." he said. "It is early in the investigation and the motive for this violent attack is unknown."
Fincham said it did not appear that the suspect lived in the building.
"This appears to be completely random at this point. This attack does not appear to be related to any activity within the building itself."
Fincham said the victims' ages range between 20 and more than 60, and they did not appear to know each other or their attacker.
Five of the victims are in serious but stable condition, but one woman in her sixties was in critical condition.
"Detectives from the Vancouver Police Major Crime Section and the Forensic Identification Unit have been called out and they will be at the scene throughout the night," said Fincham.
NOW, INAGINE, ROGUE, IF THIS GUY HAD HAD A GUN. An assault rifle with a 60-round magazine. A few miles across the border he could've purchased one, showing his driver's licence and a wait of anywhere from 24 hours to 5 days. 5 days! Unconstitutional, the NRA would shout, as would Rep Ryan. Good thing this was Vancouver, and not Seattle.
Well, if the good guys were also armed, he may not even attempted. You see, bad guys go for places that are "Gun Free Zones"!
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#140211 Feb 1, 2013
Froggy wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again with the "Gun deaths". You do know there are other ways to kill people, don't you? You do know the only way a small person, handicapped person, etc. can defend him/herself is with a firearm?
Would you rather your mother shoot some one or that she be raped and strangled to death?
When the City of Chicago will not give a black homeowner the right to have a shotgun in his house to defend himself, it is time to move. Just like they are from most Liberal (Blue) states.
That is why bad guns target cars with licence plate from Canada, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, etc. and leave cars with Georgia, Alabama, Florida alone!!!
We don't care about that. We have fewer murders, and having no guns is a great part of that. We have as many robberies and muggings as you have, same in the other "have" countries, we are no better or worse than Americans at crime, we're all the same, but with fewer guns, no assault ones, and with controls, we have fewer murders. Today's near-tragedy in Vancouver is a striking example of that.
Froggy

Jacksonville, FL

#140212 Feb 1, 2013
Hey Jackeau, how's Global Warming going on up there?

Winter storm hits Ottawa
Thousands were without power and one person died after a major storm dropped more than 25 cm of snow on the region.
Date: 12-12-22 Video by: CBC - Ottawa
http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/winter-st...

How, for those of you who are not metricized, 25 cm is about 10 Inches.
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#140213 Feb 1, 2013
Froggy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, there are other ways to kill people. But can you think of a more efficient one than a gun or, better yet, an assault weapon? Again, what if the guy in Vancouver had a semi-automatic with a 50-round magazine? Yes, knives kill, even an elastic band can choke a toddler, but not as surely as a gun. Example:(sigh). I face you. You have a gun. I try to run away. You shoot. I'm dead. 2nd example : I face you, You have a knife. I try to run away. You run after me. If I run faster, I may just escape or I can yell and scream bloody murder for help, step out in traffic etc. You may eventually stab me, but it is not a sure thing. The gun, the assault rifle, is. Get it?
Froggy

Jacksonville, FL

#140214 Feb 1, 2013
Winning Your Wings (1942)
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#140215 Feb 1, 2013
Froggy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if the good guys were also armed, he may not even attempted. You see, bad guys go for places that are "Gun Free Zones"!
Rogue, all zones are "gun free" in Canada. And that is why he did not have a gun. He's not a criminal, don't you see? Most of these guys are not. And if he had had a gun , and the guys he stabbed had guns, what makes you think he wouldn't have killed one or two before HE was shot and maybe killed. And did you think about the crossfire, and ricochets, and these guns in the hands of untrained amateurs? Your love for weapons, and your attempted justification of instruments that have one and one purpose only, to wit, kill, is disturbing to say the least.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#140216 Feb 1, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Again with disguise. Oh well. You don't understand too well, do you? Where'd the 14-yr-old get his gun? By any chance, not from an irresponsible gun owner who has never been trained in the use and storage of guns and was able to buy it showing a simple driver's licence and drive home with it? If the child had not had access to a gun, there would be no need for armed guards in school. I would feel that my whole world, myself, my government had failed us if ever we should, god forbid, have to post armed guards in our schools. Just imagine what this gun culture and, worse even, stage of siege, is putting in our children's heads. Little kids learning to live with armed guards at school?
Man, you just don't get it, do you? You wrote: "Just imagine what this gun culture and, worse even, stage of siege, is putting in our children's heads". I can only chuckle at that. Day late and a dollar short, jake! Tell me you're not really that blind? Geeeezzzzzz.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 11 min JOEL 71,079
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 22 min John Galt 1,154,181
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 30 min mdbuilder 49,227
The Violence in Chicago is from Gangs and Not t... 1 hr Culture Auditor 1
daughter/father appropriate physical contact (Mar '12) 2 hr WOW 16
abby 12-21 4 hr PEllen 1
amy 12-21 4 hr PEllen 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance