BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story
American Lady

Danville, KY

#137651 Jan 17, 2013
The Bible and Government
Biblical Principles: Basis for America's Laws

PRINCIPLE
Sovereign authority of God, not sovereignty of the state, or sovereignty of man

LEGAL DOCUMENT
Mayflower Compact, Declaration, Constitution, currency, oaths, mention of God in all 50 state constitutions, Pledge of Allegiance

BIBLE
Ex. 18:16, 20:3, Dt. 10:20, 2 Chron. 7:14, Ps. 83:18, 91:2, Isa. 9:6-7, Dan. 4:32, Jn. 19:11, Acts 5:29, Rom. 13:1, Col. 1:15-20, 1 Tim. 6:15

PRINCIPLE
Republican form of government and warnings against kings but in favor of Godly rulers

LEGAL DOCUMENT
Constitution

BIBLE
Ex. 18:21, Dt. 1:13, Jud. 8:22-23, 1 Sam. 8, Pr. 11:14, 24:6

To understand why some of these passages above are applicable to our laws, one has to go back to the formative era of our nation and to America's culture and thinking at the time. The leaders of the various colonies, states, and ultimately the Founding Fathers themselves were steeped in biblical thinking. They drew from the Bible examples and looked for confirmation of ideas for government in Scripture.

We had an atheist visit our site and expressed a good bit of displeasure with some of the above citations. We responded that he should relish the freedom of expression that a Christian culture put in place for him. And that he should be thankful that our culture was not founded on atheism, given the horrible result of atheistic governments in the past (such as Communist Russia, etc.).
<3

Jesus did not usher in a political kingdom. But Christianity has been the single largest influence on western society. America's Founding Fathers had the benefit of thousands of years of history to draw on when establishing their government.

http://www.faithfacts.org/christ-and-the-cult...

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#137652 Jan 17, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Where'd you get that? Medicine in Cuba is first-rate, in spite of a dire lack of equipment and medicine thanks to sanctions. Ask the 1,000s of U.S. citizens who travel there for treatment and surgery. Life expectancy is almost at the U.S. level and will soon surpass it. Maybe their doctors have something to do with that. When Castro came along, life expectancy was in the mid-50s range. Now in the high 70s. And don't come back calling me a Castro lover. I don't like him but you would not understand in a million years why he was welcome in 1959 and, for the last 35 years, no longer. The Dom Repub, Haiti, and Jamaica could use a Castro right now, but not for 60 years! Or even 50, or 40, r 30 or 20. Do your damn reforms, clean the apparatus and get the hell out, restore democracy. That's where Castro erred. But, some good stuff remains, like doctors and education.
Can you read? Cuba has hospitals that serve foreigners and diplomats and ones that serve non-diplomat Cubans. In other words, they have a First Class hospital and a Peon hospital!!!
From Wiki: Cuba has hospitals for Cuban residents and others that focus on serving foreigners and diplomats.....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_tourism#...
Now, will you kindly show us your reference for the number of AMERICANS going to Cuba for medical treatment?

Location hidden

#137653 Jan 17, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
..... When Castro came along, life expectancy was in the mid-50s range. Now in the high 70s....
Jacques, according to this source life expectancy in Cuba in 1960 was about 64 (not mid-50s)and today about 78.
https://www.google.com/publicdata/explore...
While in the U.S. in 1960 it was 68 and about 78 today also
https://www.google.com/publicdata/explore...
Yes, Cuba's life expectancy has improved, but not to the extent you claim.
endtime

AOL

#137654 Jan 17, 2013

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST______

American Lady

Danville, KY

#137655 Jan 17, 2013
endtime wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6z-v0iNbVBwXX
He's NOT "smart ENUF" to be ...
That "one" will come 'later'...

This 0 is just a small TASTE of what is to "come" ...
Learn to Read

Chicago, IL

#137656 Jan 17, 2013
endtime wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6z-v0iNbVBwXX

AOL? Now that's funny!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#137658 Jan 17, 2013
U.S. taxpayers have forked over nearly $4 billion to foreign-owned companies as part of a stimulus program that pays cash grants to green-energy firms, according to a newly released congressional report.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/17/us...

Location hidden

#137659 Jan 17, 2013
Karl is backkkkk!

Fox News Channel re-ups with Karl Rove
By Rachel Rose Hartman, Yahoo! News | The Ticket –
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/fox-news-c...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#137660 Jan 17, 2013
] It was a pro-Republican group, with men in important leadership positions, designed to attract an alliance with that political party.[10] However, the Republican connection pushed the group in the direction of advocating voting rights for the African-American male. At the first NEWSA convention, Douglass declared that "the cause of the negro was more pressing than that of woman's."[11] In May 1869, the National Woman Suffrage Association (NWSA) was formed by Susan B. Anthony and Elizabeth Cady Stanton; an organization made up primarily of women. Their object was to secure an amendment to the Constitution in favor of women's suffrage, and they opposed passage of the Fifteenth Amendment ("The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude") unless it was changed to guarantee to women the right to vote. They continued work on The Revolution which included radical feminist challenges to traditional female roles.[12]
American Lady

Danville, KY

#137661 Jan 17, 2013
ooops ...
``````````

Pok Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?? Slavery was an institution. It was changed, destroyed. Was that bad? Miscegenation too was destroyed. Prohibiting women from voting, child labor, prohibiting blacks from voting or owning property. Were their destruction bad?
What PARTY "was" behind that ???

Suffrage Movement
http://learningtogive.org/papers/paper62.html

Do "you" even KNOW WHAT 'suffrage' defines ???

suf·frage [suhf-rij] Show IPA
noun
the right to vote, especially in a political election.
a vote given in favor of a proposed measure, candidate, or the like.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/suffra

During the Civil War, and immediately thereafter, little was heard of the movement, but a strong drive for woman suffrage was mounted in Kansas in 1866–1867. After this effort failed, strategic differences among suffragists came to a head. Anthony and Stanton began publishing The Revolution in January 1868,

writing harsh criticisms of the
Republican party
which was then pushing
for African-American male suffrage.

It was a pro-Republican group, with men in important leadership positions, designed to attract an alliance with that political party. However, the Republican connection pushed the group in the direction of advocating voting rights for the African-American male. At the first NEWSA convention, Douglass declared that "the cause of the negro was more pressing than that of woman's." In May 1869, the National Woman Suffrage Association (NWSA) was formed by Susan B. Anthony and Elizabeth Cady Stanton; an organization made up primarily of women. Their object was to secure an amendment to the Constitution in favor of women's suffrage, and they opposed passage of the Fifteenth Amendment ("The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude") unless it was changed to guarantee to women the right to vote. They continued work on The Revolution which included radical feminist challenges to traditional female roles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women 's_suffrage_in_the_United_Stat es

Read & WEEP ... dwIdioTs ... ;0)
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#137662 Jan 17, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Pro choice means I respect others' viewpoint on abortion, though I am basically against it. It's just that I don't think I'm an authority on whether it should be allowed or not, tht I am right and they are wrong. Good arguments on both sides. In my church, masturbation and loss of sperm was akin to abortion. See what I mean? When is the child a child in the mother's womb? The day after conception, 3, 30 days, 2 months? I don't know. Oh, and unless it's been revised, the catholic church still condemns masturbation and waste of sperm.
I meant, who pays the hospital and doctor fees, whatever those fees are? Either the govt through medicare pays, insurance pays or patient pays. Either way, and no matter what the cost, hospital just receives what it charges. BTW, their excuse of having to review applicants and train new doctors as being costly is hard to believe. Where are the costs? It's all done by personnel that are on staff.
Here's the story. It's not that big of a deal but just so you can read it here's a link.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/16/so...
Forum carlsbad nm

Hobbs, NM

#137665 Jan 17, 2013
Let it be
Grand Birther

United States

#137664 Jan 17, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Karl is backkkkk!
Fox News Channel re-ups with Karl Rove
By Rachel Rose Hartman, Yahoo! News | The Ticket –
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/fox-news-c...
You misspelled KKKarl.
Grand Birther

United States

#137666 Jan 17, 2013
Affirmative Diversity wrote:
EVERY gutless coward who serves in the U.S. Congress from Michelle Bachmann to Rand Paul all know Barry Soetoro aka Obama is an illegitimate president. They know because all received a package with the proof.
And every single one of them saw your pretend "proof" and had a hearty laugh at your expense before tossing it in the trash.
Grand Birther

United States

#137667 Jan 17, 2013
Is UnAmerican Lunch Lady playing that favourite of birfoon games wherein pretending that the Republican Party of today is not a grand ol collection of racist coots because it was different over 150 years ago.
Grand Birther

United States

#137669 Jan 17, 2013
NYT poll finds 54% of Americans support stricter gun control, it was 39% in April. Includes 18% increase among GOP. http://t.co/c65b5R3i

RUT ROH SORRY BIRFOONS
American Lady

Danville, KY

#137670 Jan 17, 2013
Grand Birther wrote:
Is UnAmerican Lunch Lady playing that favourite of birfoon games wherein pretending that the Republican Party of today is not a grand ol collection of racist coots because it was different over 150 years ago.
" HISTORY" backs up MINE!!!! ;0)
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#137672 Jan 17, 2013
Grand Birther wrote:
Good one. You can sure spin the tales!

Since: Oct 09

Moreno Valley, CA

#137673 Jan 17, 2013
American Lady wrote:
ooops ...
``````````
Pok Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?? Slavery was an institution. It was changed, destroyed. Was that bad? Miscegenation too was destroyed. Prohibiting women from voting, child labor, prohibiting blacks from voting or owning property. Were their destruction bad?
What PARTY "was" behind that ???
Suffrage Movement
http://learningtogive.org/papers/paper62.html
Do "you" even KNOW WHAT 'suffrage' defines ???
suf·frage [suhf-rij] Show IPA
noun
the right to vote, especially in a political election.
a vote given in favor of a proposed measure, candidate, or the like.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/suffra
During the Civil War, and immediately thereafter, little was heard of the movement, but a strong drive for woman suffrage was mounted in Kansas in 1866–1867. After this effort failed, strategic differences among suffragists came to a head. Anthony and Stanton began publishing The Revolution in January 1868,
writing harsh criticisms of the
Republican party
which was then pushing
for African-American male suffrage.
It was a pro-Republican group, with men in important leadership positions, designed to attract an alliance with that political party. However, the Republican connection pushed the group in the direction of advocating voting rights for the African-American male. At the first NEWSA convention, Douglass declared that "the cause of the negro was more pressing than that of woman's." In May 1869, the National Woman Suffrage Association (NWSA) was formed by Susan B. Anthony and Elizabeth Cady Stanton; an organization made up primarily of women. Their object was to secure an amendment to the Constitution in favor of women's suffrage, and they opposed passage of the Fifteenth Amendment ("The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude") unless it was changed to guarantee to women the right to vote. They continued work on The Revolution which included radical feminist challenges to traditional female roles.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women 's_suffrage_in_the_United_Stat es
Read & WEEP ... dwIdioTs ... ;0)
I’m I to assume you trust their opinions as well AL?

“The church of this country is not only indifferent to the wrongs of the slave, it actually takes sides with the oppressors.... For my part, I would say, welcome infidelity! Welcome atheism! Welcome anything! in preference to the gospel, as preached by these Divines! They convert the very name of religion into an engine of tyranny and barbarous cruelty, and serve to confirm more infidels, in this age, than all the infidel writings of Thomas Paine, Voltaire, and Bolingbroke put together have done”
-- Frederick Douglas

The Bible and the Church have been the greatest stumbling blocks in the way of women's emancipation.
-- Elizabeth Cady Stanton

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires.
-- Susan B Anthony
Jacques Ottawa

Scarborough, Canada

#137674 Jan 17, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us Jacques, if 90% of the people who kill people with guns already have a criminal record, how are they getting them from places like Indiana? How are the criminals in England getting guns? Canada? They are criminals. They do not bother with laws.
I defy you to prove (I've asked you before) that "90% of the people who kill people with guns already have a criminal record, ".I dare you. I double dare you. It's well-known that criminals mostly kill criminal rivals, and kill very few innocent people. As you know, gun killngs happen too often among friends, families, at work etc.

As to Canada, well, we have a population of close to 1 million here in Ottawa. We had 7 murders in 2012 (that's .07 per 100,000) and if I recall, 3 were with guns, and those 3 were criminals killing criminals. In Toronto, there were 54 murders,33 with guns, for a population of 3 million. Guns are more prevalent in Toronto than here, they are a short distance from the border. Guess where most illegal unregistered guns are coming from? Not unlike Chicago and NYC, they come from without, not wihtin, and in Toronto's case, through Detroit and Buffalo.

READ THIS : CRIME IN TORONTO

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Crime in Toronto has been relatively low for a very long period of time; the low crime rate in Toronto has resulted in the city having a reputation as one of the safest large cities in North America. Recent data from Statistics Canada shows that crime has been falling steadily in Toronto's census metropolitan area since 1998, a total drop of 33% for all crimes reported between the period of 1998–2008.[1]

For comparisons to various cities in North America, in 2007 for example, the homicide rate for the city of Toronto was 3.3 per 100,000 people, yet for Detroit (33.8), Atlanta (19.7), Chicago (15.5), San Francisco (13.6), Boston (10.3) and New York City (6.3) it was higher, while it was only marginally lower in Vancouver (3.1), San Jose (2.9) and Montreal (2.6). Toronto's robbery rate also ranks low, with 207.1 robberies per 100,000 people, compared to Detroit (675.1), Chicago (588.6), Los Angeles (348.5), Vancouver (266.2), New York City (265.9), Montreal (235.3) and San Diego (158.8).[2][

The comparisons are mind-bending. Are Canadians more law-abiding and nicer people than Americans? I don't think so, but we do have gun laws. Keeps us in a straight line.

No one, least of all Obama, wants to ban guns. He wants to ban assault weapons and keep records of gun owners. Can you justify any citizen owning an assault weapon? What's it for?

If there are gun laws enacted, and I doubt the bill will pass congress, it will take at least 10 years before there is a reduction in gun kiilings. Maybe 15. By that time, those that already HAD guns in 2013 will not have committed a crime by then and will likely not do so. But the wannabe gun owners who will want to buy one for no particular reason may just be prevented from doing so if background checks are conducted. And if a new gun is issued, its new owner should have to receive instructions from a qualified expert or attend a class. Like we do before driving an automobile. It works here, it works all over, why not in the US?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min paddyomalley 1,110,730
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min dont drink the ko... 46,696
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 21 min HughBe 69,396
Ferguson police shoot another black unarmed man! 27 min Daily Schadenfreude 35
Amy 9-18 1 hr edogxxx 35
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr maurizio74 49,849
Abby 9-19 1 hr Kuuipo 6
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr edogxxx 98,231
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info