BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...
Comments
121,301 - 121,320 of 177,265 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote "That was mentioned as well as the cost replacing the two doctors ". Right. Why would the hospital bear the cost of the doctors? I thought insurance or patients paid the costs. My friend is paying out-of-pocket, the hospital pays zilch. It just receives the money is all. Incidentally, he's in hock for years and years. Not surprised that abortion is an option. FYI,I'm againast abortion except in rare, very rare cases, but am also free choice , I don't pretend to know all the answers.
In most hospitals doctors are independent agents. But in Public (government) hospitals, they are employees of the hospital (government).
Here in Florida the most you can sue any government for is capped at $100,000 regardless if you have a real case. So here in Jacksonville if they take you to Sands Hospital and they screw up and crippled for life, it is $100K maximum you will get.
Frank

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Rogue, he's filthy rich, which is why he retired. The fees he probably charged, bet he could've retired at 35. How much did he charge for a routine visit? That'll give you a clue.
My good friend and mentor passed away September 3,2012 at the age of 94. He had been a doctor in the Army during World War II and worked in private practice with two partners for many years before he and his nurse wife set up their own office. He made very little money and by the time he was in his late sixties most of his patients where on medicare. He was actually spending more than he was taking in and once told me that he wanted to retire but the government would require him to pay $166,000 to transfer his patients to someone else. Not all doctors are 'filthy rich'. He lived one block from the house his father lived in when he was a teenager,and drove a forty year old car. He went to college on a football scholarship,as a star quarterback who also played on defense.

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

I just love Birthers!

They are Dumb....but extremely entertaining!
Jacques Ottawa

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Or they could go to Cuba to hire new doctors where their doctors are soooo smart they can go through medical school in just one year!!!
Where'd you get that? Medicine in Cuba is first-rate, in spite of a dire lack of equipment and medicine thanks to sanctions. Ask the 1,000s of U.S. citizens who travel there for treatment and surgery. Life expectancy is almost at the U.S. level and will soon surpass it. Maybe their doctors have something to do with that. When Castro came along, life expectancy was in the mid-50s range. Now in the high 70s. And don't come back calling me a Castro lover. I don't like him but you would not understand in a million years why he was welcome in 1959 and, for the last 35 years, no longer. The Dom Repub, Haiti, and Jamaica could use a Castro right now, but not for 60 years! Or even 50, or 40, r 30 or 20. Do your damn reforms, clean the apparatus and get the hell out, restore democracy. That's where Castro erred. But, some good stuff remains, like doctors and education.
Jacques Ottawa

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>My good friend and mentor passed away September 3,2012 at the age of 94. He had been a doctor in the Army during World War II and worked in private practice with two partners for many years before he and his nurse wife set up their own office. He made very little money and by the time he was in his late sixties most of his patients where on medicare. He was actually spending more than he was taking in and once told me that he wanted to retire but the government would require him to pay $166,000 to transfer his patients to someone else. Not all doctors are 'filthy rich'. He lived one block from the house his father lived in when he was a teenager,and drove a forty year old car. He went to college on a football scholarship,as a star quarterback who also played on defense.
Before we had medicare, we also had devoted dcctors like the one you described. I'm one of 8 children, same delivering doctor, my father said he charged nothing for half of us and very little for the others. I'm sure you have plenty of those too at the moment.

Is the $166,000 fee a medicare regulation? When'd it come into force?

BTW, we have set fees for all doctos in Canada. I can assure you that none are on welfare, they do quite well but yes, we lose quite a few to the US as they can earn double to quadruple down there. Many do come back eventually, and some at retirement when they no longer have medicare coverage which they get here free of charge. Personally, I'd charge them or make them wait for free coverage until they've lived the equivalent number of years in Canada that they spent in the states. Seems only fair.
Jacques Ottawa

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

FFS- wrote:
I just love Birthers!
They are Dumb....but extremely entertaining!
That they are.
Jacques Ottawa

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
The hospital would have to interview applicants, train the new doctors, etc. That was the cost they were talking about. I'm not sure what you are referring to with "insurance" and "patients pay". I'm confused, you're against abortion but you're also pro choice? I don't get it.
Pro choice means I respect others' viewpoint on abortion, though I am basically against it. It's just that I don't think I'm an authority on whether it should be allowed or not, tht I am right and they are wrong. Good arguments on both sides. In my church, masturbation and loss of sperm was akin to abortion. See what I mean? When is the child a child in the mother's womb? The day after conception, 3, 30 days, 2 months? I don't know. Oh, and unless it's been revised, the catholic church still condemns masturbation and waste of sperm.

I meant, who pays the hospital and doctor fees, whatever those fees are? Either the govt through medicare pays, insurance pays or patient pays. Either way, and no matter what the cost, hospital just receives what it charges. BTW, their excuse of having to review applicants and train new doctors as being costly is hard to believe. Where are the costs? It's all done by personnel that are on staff.
Jacques Ottawa

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
I just got through talking about this Yoyo who things islands, like Guam, can capsize. And like a typical Yoyo he can not understand that there are Black Conservatives who feel the same way about gun control. Is Rep. Hank Johnson calling these Black Conservatives Racists?
Yep, Ken Blackwell must me racist against Black people because not only is he a Republican, he is also a member of the NRA!!!
Oh, there are many others black members of the NRA of which some are ..... Democrats!!!! Are they racist against Blacks too?!?
Rep. Hank Johnson on NRA:‘They Still Cannot Get Over’ That Obama Is ‘Black’
By Matt Cover; January 16, 2013
CNSNews.com )- Representative Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) said that the National Rifle Association (NRA) opposed President Barack Obama's gun control plans because the group “still cannot get over” the fact that the president is “black.”
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/rep-hank-john...
Racism and guns. Who here tied the two? I haven't seen anything like that unless I missed it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Where it all started,,,

Perhaps the U.S. should pull out of Chicago?
Body count: In the last six months 292 killed (murdered) in Chicago.

221 killed in Iraq AND Chicago has one of the strictest gun laws in the entire US.

President: Barack Hussein Obama
Senator: Dick Durbin
House Representative: Jesse Jackson Jr.
Governor: Pat Quinn
House leader: Mike Madigan
Atty. Gen.: Lisa Madigan (daughter of Mike)
Mayor: Rahm Emanuel
The leadership in Illinois - all Democrats.

Thank you for the combat zone in Chicago .
Of course, they're all blaming each other.
Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any!

Chicago school system rated one of the worst in the country. Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any!

State pension fund $78 Billion in debt, worst in country. Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any!

Cook County ( Chicago ) sales tax 10.25% highest in country. Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any!

This is the political culture that Obama comes from in Illinois. And he is going to 'fix'Washington politics for us???

George Ryan is no longer Governor, he is in the big house.
Of course he was replaced by Rob Blajegovitch who is...that's right, also in the big house.
And Representative Jesse Jackson Jr. resigned a couple of weeks ago. That is because he is fighting being sent to...that's right, the big house.

The Land of Lincoln, where our governors make our license plates.

But you know what?
As long as they keep providing entitlements to the population ofChicago,nothing is going to change, except the state will go broke before the country does.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."
Jacques Ottawa

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Where it all started,,,
Perhaps the U.S. should pull out of Chicago?
Body count: In the last six months 292 killed (murdered) in Chicago.
221 killed in Iraq AND Chicago has one of the strictest gun laws in the entire US.
President: Barack Hussein Obama
Senator: Dick Durbin
House Representative: Jesse Jackson Jr.
Governor: Pat Quinn
House leader: Mike Madigan
Atty. Gen.: Lisa Madigan (daughter of Mike)
Mayor: Rahm Emanuel
The leadership in Illinois - all Democrats.
Thank you for the combat zone in Chicago .
Of course, they're all blaming each other.
Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any!
Chicago school system rated one of the worst in the country. Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any!
State pension fund $78 Billion in debt, worst in country. Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any!
Cook County ( Chicago ) sales tax 10.25% highest in country. Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any!
This is the political culture that Obama comes from in Illinois. And he is going to 'fix'Washington politics for us???
George Ryan is no longer Governor, he is in the big house.
Of course he was replaced by Rob Blajegovitch who is...that's right, also in the big house.
And Representative Jesse Jackson Jr. resigned a couple of weeks ago. That is because he is fighting being sent to...that's right, the big house.
The Land of Lincoln, where our governors make our license plates.
But you know what?
As long as they keep providing entitlements to the population ofChicago,nothing is going to change, except the state will go broke before the country does.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."
How frivolous your statement : "221 killed in Iraq AND Chicago has one of the strictest gun laws in the entire US."

Chicago is surrounded by cites and states that have no gun laws. Who's to stop anyone from bringing guns from outside Chicago?

At any rate, how do you know it would not be worse if there WERE no gun laws in Chicago?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Rogue, he's filthy rich, which is why he retired. The fees he probably charged, bet he could've retired at 35. How much did he charge for a routine visit? That'll give you a clue.
Oh, YOU know he is filthy rich? How do you know that? I did not get an individual doctor's bill because he was an "employee" of the hospital. I explained this to you just an hour earlier but I guess you have attention deficient disorder!
About 18 years ago I got a listeria infection and made it to a hospital in Grand Isle, NE. I was very sick and it took me an hour before I realized it was a Catholic hospital. Anyway, He had given me an antibiotic, and anti-nausea medication and Tylenol ... all by injection.
Since I seemed to be the only patient in this small ER we started to talk as I recovered. Suddenly he said that he too had thought about taking up long-haul trucking.
Do you remember what Rick Nelson said in his song 'Garden Party'?
Someone opened up a closet door and out stepped Johnny B. Goode
Playing guitar like a-ringin' a bell and lookin' like he should
If you gotta play at garden parties, I wish you a lotta luck
But if memories were all I sang, I rather drive a truck
Yes, I even met a retired Full Bull Air Force Colonel driving truck. His wife wanted to stay at home and he could no longer fly because of a head injury. I was surprised how many aviators like myself were out driving long-haul trucks.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
How frivolous your statement : "221 killed in Iraq AND Chicago has one of the strictest gun laws in the entire US."
Chicago is surrounded by cites and states that have no gun laws. Who's to stop anyone from bringing guns from outside Chicago?
At any rate, how do you know it would not be worse if there WERE no gun laws in Chicago?
Tell us Jacques, if 90% of the people who kill people with guns already have a criminal record, how are they getting them from places like Indiana? How are the criminals in England getting guns? Canada? They are criminals. They do not bother with laws.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Hey Jacques, How does Gaza get it's rockets? With the help from Egypt. I don't know if you heard about the RECORD snow storm in Israel but in Gaza it is record rain and guess what?!?
Yep, yep, yep, must be Global Warming!!!

January 14th, 2013 | Posted by WorldTribune.com
Heavy rain collapses 20 Hamas tunnels, disrupts smuggling
Special to WorldTribune.com
GAZA CITY — Scores of smuggling tunnels that connect Egypt to the Gaza Strip have collapsed. Palestinian sources said the Hamas regime has been struggling with the collapse of at least 20 tunnels during the storms in the Levant in January 2013. They said many other tunnels have been flooded by some three days of constant rain.

http://www.worldtribune.com/2013/01/14/heavy-...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Yep, worst snow storm in over 50 years. Ya know, in the past few years there has been winter storms in Rome Italy that broke a 50 year record. Wellington, NZ that broke a 90 year record. And a lot of other places that have smashed records.
Oh, we know, the hooter it gets, the more snow there is. Typical Libtardian logic.

Israel's snow, wind and rain ease, as Kinneret rises
Lake Kinneret rose 67 [about two feet] centimeters during the recent storm, according to Israel Water Authority figures – between a quarter and a third of its annual average.
By Zafrir Rinat and Eli Ashkenazi| Jan.10, 2013 |

The stormy weather of the past week began to ease on Thursday, with light rain expected Friday mainly on the coastal plain and warmer, rainless days ahead. Heavy snow closed schools in Jerusalem and halted bus service for part of Thursday. Schools will remain closed Friday in Jerusalem, and in some surrounding communities.

The storms felled several trees on Mount Herzl, some of which had been planted by government leaders from Israel and around the world. The World Zionist Federation said it would begin restoration work in the area on Sunday.

The Kinneret rose 67 centimeters during the recent storm, according to figures released Thursday by the Water Authority – between a quarter and a third of its annual average. The surge represents 100 million cubic meters of water, which, according to the Water Authority’s Dr. Amir Givati is “equivalent to the annual output of a desalination plant.”
http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/israel-s...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Yesterday I made some post from proponents of Global Warming. You see, they are trying to explain away all this snow, ice, etc. in places it normally snow. What are they worried about? The truth?!?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Make sure you look at the pretty pictures.

Gallery: Snow storm paralyzes, and delights, Jerusalem
The Holy City is blanketed in snow for the first time since 1992. See the pictures here
http://travel.cnn.com/jerusalem-snow-494176

Since: Oct 09

Moreno Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and to hammer it in, the court presented, for the birthers' benefit, a "brief review of the U.S. Constitution". But hte best part is what the court concluded about the petition. "MOOT", it called it. LoL.
I think that makes it 194-0, though I could be conservative (oops, that word conservative again). Still the birthers shoulder on and Taitz amasses more donations. I can see why she left Russia, though I wonder if she misses that taste of Pravda-like freedom and , well you'd think that 13% flat tax rate would entice her to return to Mother Russia, no? What do you think, American er hmm Pravda Lady?
I noticed England cited an excerpt from Judge Carter’s 09 decision which was prophetic in scope while giving a thorough legal lesson in its smack down. Orly should have never filed another case after that because he told her then and there she was nuts and her case was going nowhere. As if that wasn’t enough Judge Land’s smack down was a bit harsher.

“Judge Clay D. Land, Oct. 13, 2009: When a lawyer files complaints and motions without a reasonable basis for believing that they are supported by existing law or a modification or extension of existing law that lawyer abuses her privilege to practice law. When a lawyer uses the courts as a platform for a political agenda disconnected from any legitimate legal cause of action that lawyer abuses her privilege to practice law.”

Now here she is in 13 (note the number 13) spewing the same garbage. I suppose the most surprising aspect of this whole charade is as nutty as she is she hasn’t lost many disciples.
Forum carlsbad nm

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

God is love.

Moreno Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Forum carlsbad nm wrote:
<quoted text>
All of this atheism makes us all physically sick.
Are you well? God is not religion.
You assume a thing not evidenced but your belief is called Deism. And yes, it is a religion.

Moreno Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Forum carlsbad nm wrote:
God is love.
The gods are whatever you imagine them to be.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 min mahz 49,398
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 25 min voice of peace 68,337
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 35 min Grey Ghost 1,099,226
HKN Record Label Need UpComing Artist Call_0805... 1 hr Mr Micheal 1
HKN Record Label Need UpComing Artist Call_0805... 2 hr Mr Peter 1
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 3 hr andet1987 1,448
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr litesong 46,275
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr j_m_w 97,897
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••