BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story
Jacques Ottawa

Scarborough, Canada

#137612 Jan 17, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to read what you posted again. Again, you overlook the "why". Remove the alcohol and watch the violence disappear.
Wouldn't you agree it's much eassier to remove guns. Alocohol is a physical as well as psychological addiction. It can even passed on by an alcoholic mother, I hear. Are you trying to tell me that Auns are an addiction? Are they?

again, I pose the question : Why are gun deaths in Australia, Japan,NZ, all of westen Europe, Scandinavia and Canada, plus many more, 6 to 20 times lower than in the US? With apan,it's 100+ times lower! Is it because there are fewer alcoholics and drug users in the aforementioned countries? I think not. Is it because guns are regulated? I think so.
Jacques Ottawa

Scarborough, Canada

#137613 Jan 17, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Mocking is childish regardless.
If you think so, and I respect that. But there are many differnet kinds of mocking. Some harmful, some harmless and even fuuny.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#137614 Jan 17, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Did they give a reason? Could that be because the new rules will frown on $30,000 rip-offs for a no-complication birth?
That's what a NJ friend of mine was billed for when his wife gave birth last fall. I was floored. Flabbergasted. How the hell can that be justified? Oh, she stayed one whole night in hospital. Thank god. Imagine complications and a prolongued stay.
I read "Consumer Reports" articles on health care pretty much monthly. The premiums! And then the hospital and doctor fees! Unimaginable.
It wasn't a large hospital and didn't have that many deliveries/year. That was mentioned as well as the cost replacing the two doctors that were leaving because of OCare. They were going into a more specialized field. I think the nearest place to go was like 40 miles away.
Jacques Ottawa

Scarborough, Canada

#137615 Jan 17, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, this is really happening and the Lame Stream Media will not report it. Obama Care is failing and they won't report it. This is just in one county and it is happening all over the U.S.
Want and abortion, no problem. But if you are in labor, well deliver your baby is some dark alley. Yep, there is no room for your baby at the Obama Inn!
You Liberals are sick.
Norfolk hospital chiefs aim to improve maternity services to meet rising birthrate challenge
By Adam Gretton, Health correspondent; January 14, 2013
Health chiefs said they were looking at ways to expand their maternity services after it emerged that women in labour were turned away from the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and Queen Elizabeth Hospital last year.
New figures show that an increase in babies being born in Norfolk is putting a strain on maternity services in the county, which forced the N&N to close its maternity ward 15 times last year and 34 women were diverted to other hospitals.
Pregnant women were told to go to hospitals up to 40 miles away to have their babies after the maternity ward was closed to new admissions.
http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/norfolk_h ...
<quoted text>
The doctor I have had for the past four years retired. I last saw him last September and he mentioned he was thinking about it. My next planned doctor visit is February but I caught pneumonia while visiting my daughter two weeks ago. I finished my anti-biotics two days ago but I still have a cough so I asked for an early appointment and that was when I found out he had retired. He is only 52-53 but I guess he does not want to put up with the Obama BS!
Anyway, I have an appointment for tomorrow with another doc and I hope he is as good as the one I lost.
Rogue, he's filthy rich, which is why he retired. The fees he probably charged, bet he could've retired at 35. How much did he charge for a routine visit? That'll give you a clue.
Jacques Ottawa

Scarborough, Canada

#137616 Jan 17, 2013
Forum carlsbad nm wrote:
<quoted text>
All of this atheism makes us all physically sick.
Are you well? God is not religion.
Where do see atheism in my post?
Jacques Ottawa

Scarborough, Canada

#137617 Jan 17, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
That is right. The Left do not like being call Nazis but when was the last time you heard of NRA members beating up people? Destroying property? Blocking businesses? But to them the Occupiers are patriots!
Defeating the NRA is Like ‘Defeating the Nazis’
Bob Schieffer compared Obama’s gun control speech to “passing civil rights legislation, as Lyndon Johnson was able to do; and before that, surely, defeating the Nazis, was a much more formidable task than taking on the gun lobby.”
Read more: http://politicaloutcast.com/2013/01/defeating...
My gosh. The NRA has done more harm than the "Occupiers" have done and will do in the next one million years. How many people have been shot dead thanks to the NRA's influence on lawmakers, influence used to stifle gun laws and contols, culminating in a nation that has 88 guns per 100 citizens, meaning more than 1.5 guns per adult. Occupiers? What're you talking about? Hitler reportedly never killed anyone personally. Yet...
Jacques Ottawa

Scarborough, Canada

#137618 Jan 17, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
The two nurses I see have told me about numerous doctors who are planning on retiring b/c of OCare. They each have 30 years experience and know just about all the local docs. So, they're not just mouthing off. Doctor shortage is coming.
Exactly the same speeches we heard when medicare came out ion 1965. Bravado and meaningless. PM and his ministers were threatened. If you takle a poll on Medicare, and you can look it up, 90%, though not totally happy with it,(normal) would want to keep it. Yet, at its inception, more than half the population was against medicare.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#137619 Jan 17, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't you agree it's much eassier to remove guns. Alocohol is a physical as well as psychological addiction. It can even passed on by an alcoholic mother, I hear. Are you trying to tell me that Auns are an addiction? Are they?
again, I pose the question : Why are gun deaths in Australia, Japan,NZ, all of westen Europe, Scandinavia and Canada, plus many more, 6 to 20 times lower than in the US? With apan,it's 100+ times lower! Is it because there are fewer alcoholics and drug users in the aforementioned countries? I think not. Is it because guns are regulated? I think so.
I don't think guns can be removed. No matter what law is enacted. I honestly don't think you've given the underlying causes the time and consideration they most certainly deserve.

You know my comeback on the numbers thing. I posted information that showed different results than your info and it painted an entirely new picture. So, we'll just have to disagree on that. Let's say you're the president and you want all guns banned. How would you go about it? Before anyone flies off the handle, I know no one is talking about banning guns altogether, yet.
Jacques Ottawa

Scarborough, Canada

#137620 Jan 17, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
During a recent password audit by a company, it was found that a (blonde) employee was using the following password:
"MickeyMinniePlutoHueyLou ieDeweyDonaldGoofySacramento "
When asked why she had such a long password, she rolled her eyes and said: "Hello! It has to be at least 8 characters long and include at least one capital."
It sort of reminds me of the woman from Portland, OR who was smoking something at three a.m. and standing on two walls when she slipped and fell between the two walls. They live among us too!
<quoted text>
I don't know. I think it is just another blonde joke. Someone sent it to me and I thought I'd share. No offence meant to people with blonde hair though.
It is not like the Democrat Congressman from Georgia who thought Guam would capsize if there were to many Marines on the island.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-csA4icQXh4XX
Nor the Republican candidate Tod Akin who thought women could not get pregnant if they did not want to.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Or president, yes, it was president, not congressman or senator, president, Reagan who said that trees were the biggest polluters of them all. He said that. I hear he got it from an airline magazine. Churchill called Gaandhi "that fakhir". Yet Churchill was a great man.
Jacques Ottawa

Scarborough, Canada

#137622 Jan 17, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a play for the cameras. Wake up and see it for what it is. He did the same thing with the Healthcare bill, if I'm not mistaken. Typical politics. Photo ops and image! That's the name of the game, unfortunately.
True, but don't they all do it, him and his predecessors.

You did not comment on the NRA ad that criticized Obama for having agents guarding his kids. Do you really believe they should go around unguarded? Do you really believe that my children, your children, are as much at risk when in public than the president's kids?
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#137621 Jan 17, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
My gosh. The NRA has done more harm than the "Occupiers" have done and will do in the next one million years. How many people have been shot dead thanks to the NRA's influence on lawmakers, influence used to stifle gun laws and contols, culminating in a nation that has 88 guns per 100 citizens, meaning more than 1.5 guns per adult. Occupiers? What're you talking about? Hitler reportedly never killed anyone personally. Yet...
Where did 88 per 100 come from? What portion of those 88 are in the hands of criminals? So, you've heard the plan, what's your opinion of the proposal?
Jacques Ottawa

Scarborough, Canada

#137623 Jan 17, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't a large hospital and didn't have that many deliveries/year. That was mentioned as well as the cost replacing the two doctors that were leaving because of OCare. They were going into a more specialized field. I think the nearest place to go was like 40 miles away.
You wrote "That was mentioned as well as the cost replacing the two doctors ". Right. Why would the hospital bear the cost of the doctors? I thought insurance or patients paid the costs. My friend is paying out-of-pocket, the hospital pays zilch. It just receives the money is all. Incidentally, he's in hock for years and years. Not surprised that abortion is an option. FYI,I'm againast abortion except in rare, very rare cases, but am also free choice , I don't pretend to know all the answers.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#137624 Jan 17, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly the same speeches we heard when medicare came out ion 1965. Bravado and meaningless. PM and his ministers were threatened. If you takle a poll on Medicare, and you can look it up, 90%, though not totally happy with it,(normal) would want to keep it. Yet, at its inception, more than half the population was against medicare.
Just telling you what I was told by people who work in the field. The story about the hospital and no more deliveries supports what they have said. The major problem in our healthcare was insurance companies. That's what needed fixing.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#137625 Jan 17, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but don't they all do it, him and his predecessors.
You did not comment on the NRA ad that criticized Obama for having agents guarding his kids. Do you really believe they should go around unguarded? Do you really believe that my children, your children, are as much at risk when in public than the president's kids?
C'mon man. Do you not find it the least bit hypocritical that as the president is signing new gun laws, his kids are under the protection of firearms? That's exactly what the NRA proposed! Guard our schools!
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#137626 Jan 17, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote "That was mentioned as well as the cost replacing the two doctors ". Right. Why would the hospital bear the cost of the doctors? I thought insurance or patients paid the costs. My friend is paying out-of-pocket, the hospital pays zilch. It just receives the money is all. Incidentally, he's in hock for years and years. Not surprised that abortion is an option. FYI,I'm againast abortion except in rare, very rare cases, but am also free choice , I don't pretend to know all the answers.
The hospital would have to interview applicants, train the new doctors, etc. That was the cost they were talking about. I'm not sure what you are referring to with "insurance" and "patients pay". I'm confused, you're against abortion but you're also pro choice? I don't get it.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#137627 Jan 17, 2013
I just got through talking about this Yoyo who things islands, like Guam, can capsize. And like a typical Yoyo he can not understand that there are Black Conservatives who feel the same way about gun control. Is Rep. Hank Johnson calling these Black Conservatives Racists?
Yep, Ken Blackwell must me racist against Black people because not only is he a Republican, he is also a member of the NRA!!!
Oh, there are many others black members of the NRA of which some are ..... Democrats!!!! Are they racist against Blacks too?!?

Rep. Hank Johnson on NRA:‘They Still Cannot Get Over’ That Obama Is ‘Black’
By Matt Cover; January 16, 2013

CNSNews.com )- Representative Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) said that the National Rifle Association (NRA) opposed President Barack Obama's gun control plans because the group “still cannot get over” the fact that the president is “black.”
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/rep-hank-john...
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#137628 Jan 17, 2013
Out ...

Location hidden

#137629 Jan 17, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
The hospital would have to interview applicants, train the new doctors, etc. That was the cost they were talking about. I'm not sure what you are referring to with "insurance" and "patients pay". I'm confused, you're against abortion but you're also pro choice? I don't get it.
Or they could go to Cuba to hire new doctors where their doctors are soooo smart they can go through medical school in just one year!!!

Location hidden

#137630 Jan 17, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
In most hospitals doctors are independent agents. But in Public (government) hospitals, they are employees of the hospital (government).
Here in Florida the most you can sue any government for is capped at $100,000 regardless if you have a real case. So here in Jacksonville if they take you to Sands Hospital and they screw up and crippled for life, it is $100K maximum you will get.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#137631 Jan 17, 2013
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Rogue, he's filthy rich, which is why he retired. The fees he probably charged, bet he could've retired at 35. How much did he charge for a routine visit? That'll give you a clue.
My good friend and mentor passed away September 3,2012 at the age of 94. He had been a doctor in the Army during World War II and worked in private practice with two partners for many years before he and his nurse wife set up their own office. He made very little money and by the time he was in his late sixties most of his patients where on medicare. He was actually spending more than he was taking in and once told me that he wanted to retire but the government would require him to pay $166,000 to transfer his patients to someone else. Not all doctors are 'filthy rich'. He lived one block from the house his father lived in when he was a teenager,and drove a forty year old car. He went to college on a football scholarship,as a star quarterback who also played on defense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 26 min JOEL 69,967
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 41 min John Galt 1,124,814
Do you find smoking attractive? (No posts about... 1 hr Yes 3
Chicago a model city 2 hr Just me 6
Father Of Hans Peterson Speaks Out (Oct '07) 3 hr Getagrip 44
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Boy G 50,587
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr casting director 98,497
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs