BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#133236 Dec 14, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Kids are growing up with violence engrained in their minds. They see it in the games they play, the television they watch, in the lyrics of music they listen to, etc. This society needs to clean itself up. See, the bad guys and gangsters, as you say, have already made their impression on our children long before they are old enough to understand. The gun is the instrument used, not the solution to the problem. The gun has very little to do with the actual problem. Strong morals and values are where the answer will be found. Then it is up to the parent to be exactly that, the parent.
All I can think of is the principal, the teachers, who were killed, but particularly those chldren, some I believe as young as 4 or 5, the oldest at 10. Heart-wrenching. How demented does one have to be to cold-bloodedly gun down little tots? Poor children, how horrible! And there is no way anyone, anything, can console the parents, siblings, grands and other close family.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#133237 Dec 14, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Must you be stupid? Did I say sex is the cause? No. Thanks for admitting you're wrong. There is no disarming America. The moral fabric of this country has been eroding for years. That's where the main problem is and the media (all forms) is largely to blame.
You seem to believe sex in media is part of the alleged moral decline driving violence. At least that is what YOU have said. Duh!
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#133238 Dec 14, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>Society.
Well since Birfoons aren't part of any civilized society, I guess that gets you off the hook

RationalState

#133239 Dec 14, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says you'll have five seconds? I guess the next time I'm attacked I just say, "time out", I need to think. Get real Mo.
RU retarded? I advised Rouge to think before flapping his gums.

[QUOTE who=wojar"]Homicide rate in US is much higher than in central and western Europe. No, gun is not only way to protect against larger person. Try thinking for five seconds. All too often women, including Adam Lanza's mother, are killed by person using her gun.[/QUOTE]
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#133240 Dec 14, 2012
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to believe sex in media is part of the alleged moral decline driving violence. At least that is what YOU have said. Duh!
I ask again, must you be stupid? Garbage in, garbage out.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#133241 Dec 14, 2012
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since Birfoons aren't part of any civilized society, I guess that gets you off the hook
Hey dipshyt, there was a tragedy today and you're still stuck in your usual rants. F Off.
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#133242 Dec 14, 2012
I think that all will find this chart pretty interesting. It's one of the best I've seen.

www.guardian.co.uk News Datablog
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#133243 Dec 14, 2012
Damn it, wrong one, goes automatically to today's events. Just google "world firearms and homicide statistics"
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#133244 Dec 14, 2012
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
RU retarded? I advised Rouge to think before flapping his gums.
<quoted text>
Look at how you worded it. It does not come across as you suggest.

RationalState

#133245 Dec 14, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at how you worded it. It does not come across as you suggest.
It may appear that way to the illiterate.

“I be me, and you are...”

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#133246 Dec 14, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Mr Liar is on again with a different moniker, he who swore he never ever used snother one. What a disgusting slithering multi-monikered LOSER.
Hey, seats are going away fast for PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA'S inauguration January 20, 2013. Better reserve fast if you want to be there when Chief Justice Roberts says "Congratulations, MR PRESIDENT. Do you think they can "hear you coming?" Ha ha.
After having vomited did you clean your keyboard?
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#133247 Dec 14, 2012
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>It may appear that way to the illiterate.
It's poorly worded whether you can admit it or not.

RationalState

#133248 Dec 14, 2012
Patriot Warrior wrote:
GUNS ARE FOR PROTECTING YOU FROM THE EVIL OUT THERE!
How well did Nancy Lanza's guns protect her?
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#133249 Dec 14, 2012
For Rogue : You speak of Unicef and Red Cross salaries (you wisely omit Salavation army CO salary) yet they make a fraction of what CEOs of major companies make, no matter their workforce. How many vice presidents and associate vice presidetns do you think the big banks, Boeing, GE, have, all drawing bigger salaries than the aforementioned charities and Unicef.

This is form Bloomberg news, not your typical "libtard" (Rogue, tm reg'd) lame press. Read this extract :

MCJOBS SHOW SCALE OF U.S. INCOME GAP

McDonald's paid it CEO $8.8 million last year while a Chicago man who flips burgers earns $8.25 an hour minimum wage and can't get full-time work after 20 years (great way for McDo to avoid health care and pension benefits)...

Tyree Johnson has worked 20 yrs for McDonald's. Works at two stores so he can pay the rent for a small 1-room apt in a dingy hotel. 20 years and Johnson, 44, still doesn't get 40 hrs a week at $8.25 an hour.

The pay gap separating fast-food workers from their chief executive officers is growing. The disparity has doubled at McDonald's in the last 10 years. Johnson would have to work ONE MILLION hours to make one year's CEO's salary.

Go to Bloomberg News to get full story

Not saying Johnson should earn $8.8 million a year. But geez, anyhow, if you don't see what's wrong here, Rogue, well, keep defending the rich guys who wouldn't give you the time of day and if they did, they'd charge you for it.

RationalState

#133250 Dec 14, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
It's poorly worded whether you can admit it or not.
UR reading impaired whether you know it or not.
Jock Strap

Fort Myers, FL

#133251 Dec 14, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
Yesterday's shooting was by a terrorist? News to me. And today's is by terrorist(s)? Tell us what you know.
Domestic terrorists! What a dumb ass!
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#133252 Dec 14, 2012
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>How well did Nancy Lanza's guns protect her?
Well, looks like the killer's mother followed American er hmm gun lover Lady's advice and armed herself to the teeth, what with 2 hand guns and a rifle in her possession. Kindergarten teacher too. Not sure...anyhow. Well, those guns that were to protect her got her unfortunately killed by her own son, along with 26 others. It's a horrible story, not blaming her, as it's too late. But there goes AL's theory of protection down the drain.
Jock Strap

Fort Myers, FL

#133253 Dec 14, 2012
new hammer time wrote:
The NRA and those rotten tea-partiers led this climate of aggression and hostility which birthed a new culture of merciless murderers.
You need an education
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#133254 Dec 14, 2012
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
After having vomited did you clean your keyboard?
It took you 2 or three days to come up with the above? Wow, are you fast and quick-witted.
Jock Strap

Fort Myers, FL

#133255 Dec 14, 2012
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
When you have the fright-wingers and FOX promoting guns, then its show in tell for sure.
wanna do some show & tell???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min flack 1,156,138
amy 12-26 3 min Pippa 6
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 31 min Osmius 49,349
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 722
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 4,923
Chicagoa s 2014 murder total on track for anoth... 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
koi meri paryshani door kar sakta ha ?? 1 hr Wish 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance