BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#133231 Dec 14, 2012
That's right, Jacques.
Most victims of violence know their assailants.

I've often wondered what would drive someone to be so mad.
But I'm so numb to it all that nothing phases me anymore.....
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#133233 Dec 14, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Ye, Europe has pretty much the same kind of society that we, you have. Humongous immigration and illegal immigration problems,(North Africans, Black Africans, Eastern Europeans all over), higher unemployment, and poverty, of course. There is as much diverse crime as in the US, as much fraud, robberies, etc. They are not holier than you guys. But fewer murders, and much much fewer firearms deaths, as I said, and statistics are there, 6 to 20 times fewer. Having a gun allows "spontaneous" killings. Also, and though I have no statistics on hand,(I can easily google them, gave them to Rogue the other day)most murders are committed between friends, families and the one like today in Ct. No gangsters or bad guys involved most of the time. Speaking of, the bad guys will always have guns, I agree, but don't you think they don't kill too many innocent victims? They mostly kill each other in turf and gand feuds, which, I must say, is not a bad thing at all. Look at the 5 latest incidents, Colorado, Wisconcin, Ct, etc, all the shooters were not criminals. They are now.
Kids are growing up with violence engrained in their minds. They see it in the games they play, the television they watch, in the lyrics of music they listen to, etc. This society needs to clean itself up. See, the bad guys and gangsters, as you say, have already made their impression on our children long before they are old enough to understand. The gun is the instrument used, not the solution to the problem. The gun has very little to do with the actual problem. Strong morals and values are where the answer will be found. Then it is up to the parent to be exactly that, the parent.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#133234 Dec 14, 2012
Affirmative Diversity wrote:
<quoted text>We always give the usurper the exact amount of respect he deserves, NONE!
Poor Birfoon. No respect for the Constitution. No respect for the rule if law. No respect for the President. Then sits around drinking Hamm's Light and whining about how kids these days have no respect .... Can't imagine where they learned that
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#133235 Dec 14, 2012
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Birfoon. No respect for the Constitution. No respect for the rule if law. No respect for the President. Then sits around drinking Hamm's Light and whining about how kids these days have no respect .... Can't imagine where they learned that
Society.
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#133236 Dec 14, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Kids are growing up with violence engrained in their minds. They see it in the games they play, the television they watch, in the lyrics of music they listen to, etc. This society needs to clean itself up. See, the bad guys and gangsters, as you say, have already made their impression on our children long before they are old enough to understand. The gun is the instrument used, not the solution to the problem. The gun has very little to do with the actual problem. Strong morals and values are where the answer will be found. Then it is up to the parent to be exactly that, the parent.
All I can think of is the principal, the teachers, who were killed, but particularly those chldren, some I believe as young as 4 or 5, the oldest at 10. Heart-wrenching. How demented does one have to be to cold-bloodedly gun down little tots? Poor children, how horrible! And there is no way anyone, anything, can console the parents, siblings, grands and other close family.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

Bristol, CT

#133237 Dec 14, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Must you be stupid? Did I say sex is the cause? No. Thanks for admitting you're wrong. There is no disarming America. The moral fabric of this country has been eroding for years. That's where the main problem is and the media (all forms) is largely to blame.
You seem to believe sex in media is part of the alleged moral decline driving violence. At least that is what YOU have said. Duh!
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#133238 Dec 14, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>Society.
Well since Birfoons aren't part of any civilized society, I guess that gets you off the hook

Bristol, CT

#133239 Dec 14, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says you'll have five seconds? I guess the next time I'm attacked I just say, "time out", I need to think. Get real Mo.
RU retarded? I advised Rouge to think before flapping his gums.

[QUOTE who=wojar"]Homicide rate in US is much higher than in central and western Europe. No, gun is not only way to protect against larger person. Try thinking for five seconds. All too often women, including Adam Lanza's mother, are killed by person using her gun.[/QUOTE]
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#133240 Dec 14, 2012
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to believe sex in media is part of the alleged moral decline driving violence. At least that is what YOU have said. Duh!
I ask again, must you be stupid? Garbage in, garbage out.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#133241 Dec 14, 2012
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since Birfoons aren't part of any civilized society, I guess that gets you off the hook
Hey dipshyt, there was a tragedy today and you're still stuck in your usual rants. F Off.
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#133242 Dec 14, 2012
I think that all will find this chart pretty interesting. It's one of the best I've seen.

www.guardian.co.uk News Datablog
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#133243 Dec 14, 2012
Damn it, wrong one, goes automatically to today's events. Just google "world firearms and homicide statistics"
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#133244 Dec 14, 2012
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
RU retarded? I advised Rouge to think before flapping his gums.
<quoted text>
Look at how you worded it. It does not come across as you suggest.

Bristol, CT

#133245 Dec 14, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at how you worded it. It does not come across as you suggest.
It may appear that way to the illiterate.

“I be me, and you are...”

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#133246 Dec 14, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Mr Liar is on again with a different moniker, he who swore he never ever used snother one. What a disgusting slithering multi-monikered LOSER.
Hey, seats are going away fast for PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA'S inauguration January 20, 2013. Better reserve fast if you want to be there when Chief Justice Roberts says "Congratulations, MR PRESIDENT. Do you think they can "hear you coming?" Ha ha.
After having vomited did you clean your keyboard?
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#133247 Dec 14, 2012
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>It may appear that way to the illiterate.
It's poorly worded whether you can admit it or not.

Bristol, CT

#133248 Dec 14, 2012
Patriot Warrior wrote:
GUNS ARE FOR PROTECTING YOU FROM THE EVIL OUT THERE!
How well did Nancy Lanza's guns protect her?
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#133249 Dec 14, 2012
For Rogue : You speak of Unicef and Red Cross salaries (you wisely omit Salavation army CO salary) yet they make a fraction of what CEOs of major companies make, no matter their workforce. How many vice presidents and associate vice presidetns do you think the big banks, Boeing, GE, have, all drawing bigger salaries than the aforementioned charities and Unicef.

This is form Bloomberg news, not your typical "libtard" (Rogue, tm reg'd) lame press. Read this extract :

MCJOBS SHOW SCALE OF U.S. INCOME GAP

McDonald's paid it CEO $8.8 million last year while a Chicago man who flips burgers earns $8.25 an hour minimum wage and can't get full-time work after 20 years (great way for McDo to avoid health care and pension benefits)...

Tyree Johnson has worked 20 yrs for McDonald's. Works at two stores so he can pay the rent for a small 1-room apt in a dingy hotel. 20 years and Johnson, 44, still doesn't get 40 hrs a week at $8.25 an hour.

The pay gap separating fast-food workers from their chief executive officers is growing. The disparity has doubled at McDonald's in the last 10 years. Johnson would have to work ONE MILLION hours to make one year's CEO's salary.

Go to Bloomberg News to get full story

Not saying Johnson should earn $8.8 million a year. But geez, anyhow, if you don't see what's wrong here, Rogue, well, keep defending the rich guys who wouldn't give you the time of day and if they did, they'd charge you for it.

Bristol, CT

#133250 Dec 14, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
It's poorly worded whether you can admit it or not.
UR reading impaired whether you know it or not.
Jock Strap

Fort Myers, FL

#133251 Dec 14, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
Yesterday's shooting was by a terrorist? News to me. And today's is by terrorist(s)? Tell us what you know.
Domestic terrorists! What a dumb ass!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min John Galt 1,172,116
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 39 min positronium 50,214
Abby 1.9.15 2 hr RACE 10
Abby 1-25 2 hr RACE 5
Abby 1-19-15 3 hr RACE 50
Plane assembled in under 4 minutes. 3 hr Jat Boeing 1
Jay Cutler U Suk 3 hr Eat Me Loser 1
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 5 hr Irving 74
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance