BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 213347 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

American Lady

Danville, KY

#133219 Dec 14, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
27, maybe 28 or 29 dead. It's all over the news, all the channels. School officials, police, parents, so-called psychologists, psychiatrists interviewed. Giving all sorts of reasons. Guns are hardly mentioned. Had 2 handguns, and a rifle. Where the hell did he get those?
So sad. oor children, teachers, principal. Yet no one but no one can see the forest for the trees. Discouraging. And I predict a run on gun purchases tomorrow, if not today already. Sick. Absolutely sick. Why does the NRA have such a hold on the president and congress?
Guns WILL "protect" your Family!
When NO ONE ELSE "will" ...
As "you" can SEE ...
The "system" is NOT doing SUCH a "good" job!!!!!
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#133220 Dec 14, 2012
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>Nonsense. Most murders are not planned. If the murderer didn't have the gun, the murder probably would not have occurred.
Are you willing to bet your life on a "probably"? I'm not.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

United States

#133221 Dec 14, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you compare apples to oranges. Try comparing MURDERS. If you want to murder someone and you don't have a gun, you use poison, a knife, hammer, etc. If someone wants to murder someone, they will find away.
But there is only one way a person can protect themselves from a bigger person and that is with a gun. Yep, a 50 Kg woman can shoot a 110 Kg man, can't she!!!
Homicide rate in US is much higher than in central and western Europe. No, gun is not only way to protect against larger person. Try thinking for five seconds. All too often women, including Adam Lanza's mother, are killed by person using her gun.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

United States

#133222 Dec 14, 2012
LRS wrote:
There are other countries where guns are plentiful yet they do not have the rate we do. Why? This society has allowed too many controversial issues to become "accepted". Hell, any night of the year violence and sex is broadcast right into our dens. Look at how we're raising our children or should I say not raising our children? Old saying but very true; garbage in, garbage out.
Sex is causing the high homicide rate?

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

United States

#133223 Dec 14, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you willing to bet your life on a "probably"? I'm not.
My life is in no way wagered on the correctness of my statement. It is a simple fact there would be fewer murders if there were fewer guns.
wojar wrote:
Nonsense. Most murders are not planned. If the murderer didn't have the gun, the murder probably would not have occurred.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#133224 Dec 14, 2012
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>Sex is causing the high homicide rate?
Must you be stupid? Did I say sex is the cause? No. Thanks for admitting you're wrong. There is no disarming America. The moral fabric of this country has been eroding for years. That's where the main problem is and the media (all forms) is largely to blame.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#133225 Dec 14, 2012
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>Homicide rate in US is much higher than in central and western Europe. No, gun is not only way to protect against larger person. Try thinking for five seconds. All too often women, including Adam Lanza's mother, are killed by person using her gun.
Who says you'll have five seconds? I guess the next time I'm attacked I just say, "time out", I need to think. Get real Mo.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#133226 Dec 14, 2012
*I'll just say

“zero nuclear weapons”

Since: Sep 08

Perryville

#133227 Dec 14, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Just a few months ago, how long did it take the Looney-Tooney-Lefties blame the shoot in Aurora, CO on the TEA Party when in fact he was a ....lefty, just like them.
And it was a Democrat who assassinated Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. who was a ..... Republican!
The fact is that most assassinations in the U.S. are committed by ..... Lefties (Democrats).
Where do you get your info from?????

“God Bless our Republic”

Since: Nov 12

Warrior for USA

#133228 Dec 14, 2012
A gun in someone's hand would have saved some children today.
Local Government does not seem real good at protection, of our greatest asset, our children.
Guns are for protection, same as for killing.
Cops do not have to protect. Check SC cases.
Guns are for keeping you from getting killed.
Sometime you don't just shoot to kill,
you shoot to protect.

GUNS ARE FOR PROTECTING YOU FROM THE EVIL OUT THERE!
Affirmative Diversity

Louisville, KY

#133229 Dec 14, 2012
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. May I suggest we begin by showing the proper respect to the office of the President
We always give the usurper the exact amount of respect he deserves, NONE!
Jacques Ottawa

Vaughan, Canada

#133230 Dec 14, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
First, do not twist my words. I didn't say, "make it easy for them to get guns". European countries may indeed have lower rates but are they dealing with the same type of society as we are? I doubt it. If this man killed +/- 30 people, he went there with the thinking he was going to kill as many as he could. If he hadn't used a gun, he might have walked down the hall tossing pipe bombs into each and every classroom! Pipe bombs, easy and cheap to make while being very effective. What then? Who knows, this guy may have gotten his guns from an illegal source which would have had the guns anyway, ban or no ban. My point being, if someone is out to kill, they will find a way.
Yours:
"You describe a society with no morals and values that have been diluted. Video games, movies, tv,you name it, all distorting real life, they think killing's a game. And you think it's okay to make it easy for them to have guns?"
You managed to skip right over the root of the problem! And you accuse someone else of failing to see the forest for the trees? C'mon! I said awhile back to expect more like this and it will continue until the core issues are addressed.
Ye, Europe has pretty much the same kind of society that we, you have. Humongous immigration and illegal immigration problems,(North Africans, Black Africans, Eastern Europeans all over), higher unemployment, and poverty, of course. There is as much diverse crime as in the US, as much fraud, robberies, etc. They are not holier than you guys. But fewer murders, and much much fewer firearms deaths, as I said, and statistics are there, 6 to 20 times fewer. Having a gun allows "spontaneous" killings. Also, and though I have no statistics on hand,(I can easily google them, gave them to Rogue the other day)most murders are committed between friends, families and the one like today in Ct. No gangsters or bad guys involved most of the time. Speaking of, the bad guys will always have guns, I agree, but don't you think they don't kill too many innocent victims? They mostly kill each other in turf and gand feuds, which, I must say, is not a bad thing at all. Look at the 5 latest incidents, Colorado, Wisconcin, Ct, etc, all the shooters were not criminals. They are now.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#133231 Dec 14, 2012
That's right, Jacques.
Most victims of violence know their assailants.

I've often wondered what would drive someone to be so mad.
But I'm so numb to it all that nothing phases me anymore.....
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#133233 Dec 14, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Ye, Europe has pretty much the same kind of society that we, you have. Humongous immigration and illegal immigration problems,(North Africans, Black Africans, Eastern Europeans all over), higher unemployment, and poverty, of course. There is as much diverse crime as in the US, as much fraud, robberies, etc. They are not holier than you guys. But fewer murders, and much much fewer firearms deaths, as I said, and statistics are there, 6 to 20 times fewer. Having a gun allows "spontaneous" killings. Also, and though I have no statistics on hand,(I can easily google them, gave them to Rogue the other day)most murders are committed between friends, families and the one like today in Ct. No gangsters or bad guys involved most of the time. Speaking of, the bad guys will always have guns, I agree, but don't you think they don't kill too many innocent victims? They mostly kill each other in turf and gand feuds, which, I must say, is not a bad thing at all. Look at the 5 latest incidents, Colorado, Wisconcin, Ct, etc, all the shooters were not criminals. They are now.
Kids are growing up with violence engrained in their minds. They see it in the games they play, the television they watch, in the lyrics of music they listen to, etc. This society needs to clean itself up. See, the bad guys and gangsters, as you say, have already made their impression on our children long before they are old enough to understand. The gun is the instrument used, not the solution to the problem. The gun has very little to do with the actual problem. Strong morals and values are where the answer will be found. Then it is up to the parent to be exactly that, the parent.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#133234 Dec 14, 2012
Affirmative Diversity wrote:
<quoted text>We always give the usurper the exact amount of respect he deserves, NONE!
Poor Birfoon. No respect for the Constitution. No respect for the rule if law. No respect for the President. Then sits around drinking Hamm's Light and whining about how kids these days have no respect .... Can't imagine where they learned that
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#133235 Dec 14, 2012
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Birfoon. No respect for the Constitution. No respect for the rule if law. No respect for the President. Then sits around drinking Hamm's Light and whining about how kids these days have no respect .... Can't imagine where they learned that
Society.
Jacques Ottawa

Vaughan, Canada

#133236 Dec 14, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Kids are growing up with violence engrained in their minds. They see it in the games they play, the television they watch, in the lyrics of music they listen to, etc. This society needs to clean itself up. See, the bad guys and gangsters, as you say, have already made their impression on our children long before they are old enough to understand. The gun is the instrument used, not the solution to the problem. The gun has very little to do with the actual problem. Strong morals and values are where the answer will be found. Then it is up to the parent to be exactly that, the parent.
All I can think of is the principal, the teachers, who were killed, but particularly those chldren, some I believe as young as 4 or 5, the oldest at 10. Heart-wrenching. How demented does one have to be to cold-bloodedly gun down little tots? Poor children, how horrible! And there is no way anyone, anything, can console the parents, siblings, grands and other close family.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

United States

#133237 Dec 14, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Must you be stupid? Did I say sex is the cause? No. Thanks for admitting you're wrong. There is no disarming America. The moral fabric of this country has been eroding for years. That's where the main problem is and the media (all forms) is largely to blame.
You seem to believe sex in media is part of the alleged moral decline driving violence. At least that is what YOU have said. Duh!
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#133238 Dec 14, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>Society.
Well since Birfoons aren't part of any civilized society, I guess that gets you off the hook

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

United States

#133239 Dec 14, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says you'll have five seconds? I guess the next time I'm attacked I just say, "time out", I need to think. Get real Mo.
RU retarded? I advised Rouge to think before flapping his gums.

[QUOTE who=wojar"]Homicide rate in US is much higher than in central and western Europe. No, gun is not only way to protect against larger person. Try thinking for five seconds. All too often women, including Adam Lanza's mother, are killed by person using her gun.[/QUOTE]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min My New Alias RULES 1,376,140
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min tina anne 58,900
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 32 min Ize Found 70,505
Dear Abby 5-6-16 3 hr RACE 5
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr operation greylord 72,026
Amy 5-6-16 3 hr RACE 5
Cop shoots shitcago teenage THUG GANG-BANGER. 4 hr HAHATHUGBangerDead 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages