BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#132700 Dec 11, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
I like it when you Libtards claim that elections have consequences. Well, what is happening in Michigan? If you don't like it, in two more years you can change it back.
Now at the Federal level the Democrats are in the White House and the Senate but the Republicans rule the House. So, go ahead, make my day!
True, the Republicans rule the house, but those same republicans are finding out that Obama's mandate was renewed, and that the majority of Americans agree with a reasonable tax rise for the +$250,000 or 2%. Pressure's on those republicans and why? Simple. The people have spoken, and if the politicians don't come to a reasonable agreement on the fiscal cliff, they the people will blame the republicans for obstruction. I don't often predict, but will go out on a limb on this one : Obama will prevail, albeit with some concessions either on the $250,000 which may go up or on the tax rate that may go down. But that's normal, you want something, you gotta give up something. The art of the compromise.
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#132701 Dec 11, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Copycat huh? It's true that you flaps have no original thoughts. Sad. Just a flock of sheep. Baaahhhhh
As usual, you don't get it. NOT copycat, just a reality check. You do know Romney's not president, or are you still in denial?

I think you should petition for a constitutional amendment, LRS. Let it be proposed from now on, that the candidate who gets the fewer popular and electoral votes be declared the winner and president. Then you would no longer have to be in denial, and Mitt, instead of pumping his own gas, whould be president and have it done for him.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#132702 Dec 11, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
True, the Republicans rule the house, but those same republicans are finding out that Obama's mandate was renewed, and that the majority of Americans agree with a reasonable tax rise for the +$250,000 or 2%. Pressure's on those republicans and why? Simple. The people have spoken, and if the politicians don't come to a reasonable agreement on the fiscal cliff, they the people will blame the republicans for obstruction. I don't often predict, but will go out on a limb on this one : Obama will prevail, albeit with some concessions either on the $250,000 which may go up or on the tax rate that may go down. But that's normal, you want something, you gotta give up something. The art of the compromise.
Butterknife, are you too dense to see the middle class is taking a major tax hit? It's all hidden in the worst bill ever written, known as Omamacare which no one read before it was signed. You're blind lunasquid or either extremely stupid. Maybe both. Today looks great, Jan. 1st will not. Layoffs are coming as well as many small businesses simply closing their doors. You have no foresight what-so-ever. Can't see past the end of your nose. Get 'em lunatic! LMAO Oh, you do know that Fed employees on average make about 30-35K more than those in the private sector, right? This is a fundamental violation by our government. And the brains in D.C. can't figure out what's wrong! We're paying some dodo bird roughly 85K/year to study maple syrup!!!!!!!! Duh...
Learn to Read

Chicago, IL

#132705 Dec 11, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>You should be beaten silly for even mentioning "The Way We Were"! What a tool. LMAO!!!
Well we both know you're not man enough to do it
Learn to Read

Chicago, IL

#132706 Dec 11, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>That's funny cause I watched him say it on several videos last night. "I will cut the deficit in half in my first term or I will be a one term president". Doesn't get much plainer. Sorry dolt! LMAO!!!
Hmmm. Maybe he didn't think the Republicans would be stupid enough to let him run unopposed again?

(Nice link to those multiple videos btw)

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#132707 Dec 11, 2012
I am surprised she was not arrested for having an unregistered machine gun! I know that ignorance is no excuse but their is always so idiot AG or DA that want's to make a name for himself.

Valuable WWII Gun at Police Buy-Back
By Annie Rose Ramos | ABC News Blogs – 18 hours ago

Just like a scene out of "Antiques Roadshow," a woman in Hartford, Conn., turned in an old rifle to her local police station's gun buy-back, only to discover the gun was worth anywhere from $20,000 to $25,000. The woman, who wishes to remain anonymous, inherited the gun from her father who had brought it home with him from Europe as a memento from World War II.
The two officers conducting the gun buy-back, who are resident gun experts for the Hartford Police Department, informed the owner she was in possession of a Nazi Assault Rifle, the first of its kind, that dates back to 1944.
The gun is called a Sturmgewehr 44, literally meaning "storm rifle," and is the first "modern assault rifle ever made, eventually replaced by the AK 47 in 1947 by Russia, who copied the German design of the Sturmgewehr 44," Officer Lewis Crabtree, one of the two officers who discovered the gun, told ABC News.
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/valuable...
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#132708 Dec 11, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
I am surprised she was not arrested for having an unregistered machine gun! I know that ignorance is no excuse but their is always so idiot AG or DA that want's to make a name for himself.
Valuable WWII Gun at Police Buy-Back
By Annie Rose Ramos | ABC News Blogs – 18 hours ago
Just like a scene out of "Antiques Roadshow," a woman in Hartford, Conn., turned in an old rifle to her local police station's gun buy-back, only to discover the gun was worth anywhere from $20,000 to $25,000. The woman, who wishes to remain anonymous, inherited the gun from her father who had brought it home with him from Europe as a memento from World War II.
The two officers conducting the gun buy-back, who are resident gun experts for the Hartford Police Department, informed the owner she was in possession of a Nazi Assault Rifle, the first of its kind, that dates back to 1944.
The gun is called a Sturmgewehr 44, literally meaning "storm rifle," and is the first "modern assault rifle ever made, eventually replaced by the AK 47 in 1947 by Russia, who copied the German design of the Sturmgewehr 44," Officer Lewis Crabtree, one of the two officers who discovered the gun, told ABC News.
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/valuable...
Why the first paragraph with this sort of attack on AG and DA which I thought at first had a relevance to the story that follows. It doesn't. So why? Would, by any chance, and in your wildest phantagorismic imagination, the AG and DA be hoped-for democrat-appointed?

Location hidden

#132709 Dec 11, 2012
A lot it did the Unionists as the bill passed anyway! It did not matter how loud the Unionists shouted, the TEA Party won!

Union Members Shout Down Tea Party Counter-Protest

Just a few minutes into the demonstration against Michigan’s right to work legislation, Union loyalists show their disdain for free speech by instructing and shouting down members of the Tea Party on the steps of the Michigan State Capitol building. The incident occurred around 7:15 AM and was captured exclusively by Breitbart news.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/...
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#132710 Dec 11, 2012
American Lady wrote:
December 6th, 2012
Just counting federal, state and local income taxes, some Americans will be paying marginal tax rates of over 50 percent in 2013. But like I said, there are a lot of other taxes we pay than just those.
The following are 44 more taxes that at least some average Americans are paying now or will be paying soon other than federal, state and local income taxes…
#1 Building Permit Taxes
#2 Capital Gains Taxes
#3 Cigarette Taxes
#4 Court Fines (indirect taxes)
#5 Dog License Taxes
#6 Drivers License Fees (another form of taxation)
#7 Federal Unemployment Taxes
#8 Fishing License Taxes
#9 Food License Taxes
#10 Gasoline Taxes
#11 Gift Taxes
#12 Hunting License Taxes
#13 Inheritance Taxes
#14 Inventory Taxes
#15 IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)
#16 IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
#17 Liquor Taxes
#18 Luxury Taxes
#19 Marriage License Taxes
#20 Medicare Taxes
#21 Medicare Tax Surcharge On High Earning Americans Under Obamacare
#22 Obamacare Individual Mandate Excise Tax (if you don’t buy “qualifying” health insurance under Obamacare you will have to pay an additional tax)
#23 Obamacare Surtax On Investment Income (a new 3.8% surtax on investment income that goes into effect next year)
#24 Property Taxes
#25 Recreational Vehicle Taxes
#26 Toll Booth Taxes
#27 Sales Taxes
#28 Self-Employment Taxes
#29 School Taxes
#30 Septic Permit Taxes
#31 Service Charge Taxes
#32 Social Security Taxes
#33 State Unemployment Taxes (SUTA)
#34 Tanning Tax (a new Obamacare tax on tanning services)
#35 Telephone Federal Excise Taxes
#36 Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Taxes
#37 Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Taxes
#38 Telephone State And Local Taxes
#39 Tire Taxes
#40 Tolls (another form of taxation)
#41 Traffic Fines (indirect taxation)
#42 Utility Taxes
#43 Vehicle Registration Taxes
#44 Workers Compensation Taxes
Sadly, this list is far from complete. There are many more forms of taxation that could be included.
When you account for all forms of taxation, there are some Americans that “play by the rules” that are sending more than half of their incomes to the government.
This is why “tax avoidance” has become a multi-billion dollar industry in the United States. People are sick and tired of being drained dry by a system that is way too complicated and way too unfair.
http://investmentwatchblog.com/just-counting-...
Except for tax havens like the Caymans, have you compared the above cut-and-paste figures with other real world countries tax-wise? Do you think for a second that other first-rate countries don't have the same tax burdens? It's known that the US has one of the lowest income and sales tax rates in the world. Where will your super rich moguls go? To low-tax Caymans, Bermuda, Bahamas, Switzerland, Monaco? Except for Swtizerland, do you even know why taxes are lower in those countries? Have you even looked it up? Will there be enough square footage to welcome all these ungrateful tax dodgers? Anywhwere else? Because better yet, the whiner rich can go to the Congo, Mozambique, Mali, or Somalia, why not? No taxes at all there. few roads, few schools, no paid police, few hospitals, sorry banks, no nuthin'. But, hey, no taxes. And they can visit the US more than 6 months a year, enjoy all the amenities they don't have where they "escaped" from the repressive U.S. and pay no taxes and enjoy, courtesy of the middle class.
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#132711 Dec 11, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
A lot it did the Unionists as the bill passed anyway! It did not matter how loud the Unionists shouted, the TEA Party won!
Just a few minutes into the demonstration against Michigan’s right to work legislation, Union loyalists show their disdain for free speech by instructing and shouting down members of the Tea Party on the steps of the Michigan State Capitol building. The incident occurred around 7:15 AM and was captured exclusively by Breitbart news.
The Union members were wrong to shout down the tea party members. That, however in now way alters the fact that tea party loyalists are idiots. But I agree, don't shout 'em down as letting them have their say is the surest way to underline and showcase their stupiditiy and make them disappear via their own mouths.

Location hidden

#132712 Dec 11, 2012
Sad, very sad. Unionists are nothing more than extortionists.

December 11, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Caught On Camera: Conservative Reporter Punched Repeatedly by Union Activist!
While at a “right to work” protest in Michigan, conservative writer Steven Crowder was attacked by union activists had who also tore down a tent owned by the pro-right-to-work group Americans for Prosperity. The violent assault was caught on video.

Read more: http://conservativevideos.com/2012/12/unions-...

Location hidden

#132713 Dec 11, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
The Union members were wrong to shout down the tea party members. That, however in now way alters the fact that tea party loyalists are idiots. But I agree, don't shout 'em down as letting them have their say is the surest way to underline and showcase their stupiditiy and make them disappear via their own mouths.
You do know that many union members are also TEA Partiers, don't you?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

#132714 Dec 11, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Oh goody, I got me another peanut from the peanut gallery.

Location hidden

#132715 Dec 11, 2012
From Wiki; Peanut Gallery
A peanut gallery was, in the days of vaudeville, a nickname for the cheapest (and ostensibly rowdiest) seats in the theater, which was all too willing [in the view of the performer] to heckle the performer. The least expensive snack served at the theater would often be peanuts, which the patrons would sometimes throw at the performers on stage to show their disapproval. The phrases "no comments from the peanut gallery" or "quiet in the peanut gallery" are extensions of the name, meaning the great unwashed should defer to their betters.
In the late 1940s the Howdy Doody show adopted the name to represent its audience of 40 children.
Grand Birther

Cleveland, OH

#132716 Dec 11, 2012
Lol, Rogue Moron is a dupe.
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#132717 Dec 11, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that many union members are also TEA Partiers, don't you?
If so, then that would make them unionized tea party member idiots.
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#132718 Dec 11, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Sad, very sad. Unionists are nothing more than extortionists.
December 11, 2012 at 4:08 pm
Caught On Camera: Conservative Reporter Punched Repeatedly by Union Activist!
While at a “right to work” protest in Michigan, conservative writer Steven Crowder was attacked by union activists had who also tore down a tent owned by the pro-right-to-work group Americans for Prosperity. The violent assault was caught on video.
Read more: http://conservativevideos.com/2012/12/unions-...
Inexcusable. Physical intimidation is just plain inexcusable by ANYone, unions included.

Location hidden

#132719 Dec 11, 2012
The people of Michigan have spoken and they say no to the Union thugs. I guess 58% of the people are TEA Partiers at heart.

Michigan Proposal 2 Results: Voters Reject Collective Bargaining Amendment: 11/07/2012

In a major blow to Michigan unions, voters rejected a proposal that would have amended the state's constitution to guarantee public and private-sector employees the right to organize and collectively bargain at the polls Tuesday. Proposal 2 failed at the polls with 58 percent of voters opposing the measure and only 42 percent supporting it, with 70 percent of precincts responding, according to the Detroit News and the Detroit Free Press.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/07/mich...

“Reduce immigration levels”

Since: Dec 06

Kings Mountain, NC

#132720 Dec 11, 2012
OBAMA WANTS 250 MILLION DEAD

Since: Oct 09

Moreno Valley, CA

#132721 Dec 11, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote : "Your house is burning down around and you’re thrilled to see the firemen heading out of town".
Right on the nail, Poppo. As birthers and their ilk stooges would be deliriously happy if the country just about defaulted so long as it made Obama look bad, UnAmerican er hm Pravda Lady would be glad to see her house burn down as the firefighters drive away so long as it made the fire chief who she hates look bad. To "normal" people, this makes no sense, but to birthers and buffoon ilk, it's pure logic.
Birther, buffoon, and logic in the same sentence? Now Now!(clearing throat)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 10-2 2 min edogxxx 1
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min TheIndependentMaj... 1,115,628
Rauner, Quinn clash on Obamacare expansion ahea... 36 min Le Jimbo 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 44 min Earthling-1 47,074
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Mandela 68,566
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 50,064
Minimum Wage and Unemployment Model 6 hr Goh 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr Mister Tonka 98,373
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]