BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 196995 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

#128732 Nov 19, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your the one that lives in California yet votes in S.D. Is that to avoid California income taxes?
That might be the case.....how very republiKKKan of me, don't you think?
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#128733 Nov 19, 2012
Er, Rogue. Immediately following Obama's electoral victory, the DJIA bombed. It was well understood by most knowledgeable people and experts in the matter that this was on account of how a Republican congress would deal with a Democratic president, specially as concerns any kind of deal on the upcoming fiscal cliff. Everyone agreed with that. EXCEPT YOU. It was clearly, to YOU, a reaction to Obama's election.

Okay, let's go along with that.

Friday, the DJIA had a modest rally of 50 odd points. Then today, up 207.

Now Rogue, tell us. Who gets the kudos for that? I know, I know, not Obama. His absence? You used that one before. With Biden subbing for him, it should be worse, no? Let's see if we can find a new excuse for this upswing. The war between Palestine and Israel? Hmm, NOT. Iranian enrichment of uranium to make H-bombs? Hmmm, NOT. The European community neck-deep in unsolvable debt? Hmm,NOT. Inversely, how about faith in the re-elected president? NOT.

Told you a million zillion times. Daily fluctuations of the DJIA are NOT the president's doing. Long long term, yes of course. NOT daily, NOT weekly and probably NOT monthly. But you insist, and every time you notice a drop in the index, it's all Obama's fault. When it's up, it's either silence on your part or denial. Aren't you tired of appearing totally ridiculous? If the Dow's down tomorrow, will you pounce on it and blame Obama? YES. You hate him that much, do you? You DO want your country to fail just to show how right you were about him. Wow. Patriot that?
Grand Birther

Cleveland, OH

#128735 Nov 19, 2012
I failed 4th Grade wrote:
<quoted text>
Bladder Splatter, do everyone a big favor and hang yourself. TIA
Awww, Bayou Billy is too ignorant to parse a simple sentence.

BWAHHHHH HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

“zero nuclear weapons”

Since: Sep 08

Perryville

#128736 Nov 19, 2012
dtrump wrote:
<quoted text>Certainly we can have whatever sidearms are carried by law enforcement and whatever long-guns are carried by soldiers so we can protect ourselves from them.
Sarah Palin defended real estate mogul Donald Trump's right to raise doubts about President Obama's place of birth.
"I appreciate that the Donald wants to spend his resources on something that so interests him and so many Americans, you know more power to him," Palin said
www.WND.com
So you are saying that a person can have a belt feed 50 cal machine gun? What in the would a person need that for??

Take it hunting for a deer!!!! if you need that to hunt deer then you are a piss poor shooter then.

If a person wants to own a hunting rifle or a hand gun that is fine.

I don't see a need for a person to own a 50 cal or such other weapons
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#128737 Nov 19, 2012
Gomar wrote:
Does a man (or a woman) have a right to become POTUS eventhough 1 of his/her parents is not American?
Obama's daddy was Kenyan, thereby a subject of the Queen, and a British citizen. Thus, Obama is 1/2 a British citizen. Furthermore, his mom re-married another muslim from Indonesia.
However, there is a strong possiblity that a hippie by the name of Frank Marshal Davis is Obama's real dad.
BTW, Senators rarely if ever become presidents. JFK was the last one.
According to the 14th amendment to the US Constitution, when born in this nation, you must be "subject to the jurisdiction, thereof", this being the Constitution.
Obama was born subject to the nation of his father, therefore rendering him ineligible for US citizenship, unless naturalized.
Our Constitution has never recognized a dual-citizenship status.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#128742 Nov 19, 2012
Gomar wrote:
Does a man (or a woman) have a right to become POTUS eventhough 1 of his/her parents is not American?
Obama's daddy was Kenyan, thereby a subject of the Queen, and a British citizen. Thus, Obama is 1/2 a British citizen. Furthermore, his mom re-married another muslim from Indonesia.
However, there is a strong possiblity that a hippie by the name of Frank Marshal Davis is Obama's real dad.
BTW, Senators rarely if ever become presidents. JFK was the last one.
A Constitutional Republic is a state where the officials are elected as representatives of the people, and must govern according to existing constitutional law that limits the government's power over citizens.

A Constitutional Republic is the current form of government in the United States. However in recent years, many people have criticized the federal government for moving away from a Constitutional Republic, as defined by the Constitution, and towards a pure democracy

"Subject to the jurisdiction, thereof", simply means the US Constitution.

As stated in the Preamble, the Constitution is only for the citizens of the US, aliens are not subjects of, nor subject to its jurisdiction.

The 14th plainly states who are "subject to the jurisdiction" of the Constitution, aliens are not.

Ark was DOA, when the USSC tired to change the meaning of "subject to the jurisdiction, thereof", this can only be accomplished through an amendment.

Obama was born subject to a foreign power, this condition has never changed during his life, he was never naturalized.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#128744 Nov 19, 2012
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>According to the 14th amendment to the US Constitution, when born in this nation, you must be "subject to the jurisdiction, thereof", this being the Constitution.
Obama was born subject to the nation of his father, therefore rendering him ineligible for US citizenship, unless naturalized.
Our Constitution has never recognized a dual-citizenship status.
Same tired song. Way off key. Way flat.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#128745 Nov 19, 2012
nebka wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that a person can have a belt feed 50 cal machine gun? What in the would a person need that for??
Take it hunting for a deer!!!! if you need that to hunt deer then you are a piss poor shooter then.
Why not a 50 cal.? It is your Right, to keep and bear arms.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#128746 Nov 19, 2012
A Navy destroyer stops four Mexicans in a row boat rowing
Towards California. The Captain gets on the loud-hailer
And shouts, "Ahoy, small craft. Where are you headed?"
One of the Mexicans puts down his oar, stands up, and shouts,
"We are invading the United States of America!"
The entire crew of the destroyer double over in laughter. When the
Captain is finally able to catch his breath, he gets back on the
Loud-hailer and asks, "Just the four of you?"
The same Mexican stands up again and shouts, "No, we're
The last four. The rest are already ashore!"

Location hidden

#128749 Nov 19, 2012
nebka wrote:
<quoted text>
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>Why not a 50 cal.? It is your Right, to keep and bear arms.
You can have a 50 cal. heavy machine gun so long as it shoots only semi-automatically. But with a Federal permit you can own and shoot a full-auto one.
Grand Birther

Cleveland, OH

#128750 Nov 19, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
[Failed trolling attempt]
Wow, you're a failure on multiple levels.

Have you met my friend Rogue Bumpkin? You two would get along swimmingly.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#128751 Nov 19, 2012
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Same tired song. Way off key. Way flat.
Until you libs can understand, you're going to see it frequently.

Location hidden

#128752 Nov 19, 2012
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#128754 Nov 19, 2012
Has anyone ever heard, "The Battle Hymn of The Democracy"? Didn't think so!

Location hidden

#128760 Nov 19, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't admit very much , do you? You were wrong on all counts. You blame the local newspaper? You can't make up your own minds by reading and weighing different sources? For the stock market,you blame your broker? You can't ream different business publications and networks and make up your mind? And as for Roberts, you maintain he switched sides . I know you won't respond, but please give us a dependable source for this change of mind. Funny, your reply does not mention your presidential predictions. Who do you blame for that and will you give me a reply?
This morning, I badly typed a post and will ask you the question I meant to ask. Of the 10 or so odd birthers here on Topix, not ONE, not one single one, including you, has acknowledged that Obama won the election and Romney lost it. Why are you all in such denial? Do you think it's mature to ignore a true and real result and to deny that the majority of the people has spoken and that it is their will? When I last lost my election, I swore and was so damn angry, but I did admit that the other guy won and mine lost. I have no problem with that. Why do you?
er, Rogue, just a reminder. You were supposed to show me proof that Chief Justice Roberts changed his mind on his vote relative to Obamacare. Is that coming? Also, you did not comment on your presidential crystal ball. Why? Remember how you and associated birthers would be dancing in the streets on the morning of November 7? How's that go?
Oh, PRESIDENT OBAMA is in Asia at the moment in his official function as PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICAN. When he is met at Air Force One by foreign dignitaries, he is addressed as Mr. President. Does that hurt?
Oh, on his only foreign visit to Poland and the UK, Mitt Romney managed to insult both. That was a good start.
I can just see Romney arriving in Thailand :
-Thai Prime Minister : Welcome Mr President Romney;
-President (ha ha, now THAT'S pretending) Romney : Thank you , er, gook;
-Thai P.M.: I resent that, Mr President;
-Romney : Sorry, I mean Jap. And you people are all abominations.
Hilarious.
Jacques, Have you ever quoted any poll? How many pollsters cover local elections? And yes, I have posted a link to that poll several times.
And I have also stated that the winner, Mayor Alvin Brown (D), seems to be doing a pretty good job. The previous mayor, Mayor Peyton, was a Country Clubber RINO.
And you are one sick puppy to bash someone's religion. But it does seem funny is that you only bash Christians.
As far a the USSC being leaked that ObamaCare was 4-5 against it was evident that it was leaked because Obama went into a rage and bashed the USSC. Just look at his demeanor at the beginning of this press conference.
Obama confident Supreme Court will uphold healthcare
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#128763 Nov 19, 2012
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>Until you libs can understand, you're going to see it frequently.
And dufusDale is wrong about more things
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#128764 Nov 19, 2012
Affirmative Diversity wrote:
<quoted text>Blame the MORON operating it.
That would be you!
Hi Tacky. Always nice to see your cheerful presence

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

Bristol, CT

#128767 Nov 19, 2012
Affirmative Diversity wrote:
<quoted text>
Who gives a crap, that was only an example of one of the things that is wrong with health care.
7 years is too long for a company to get outrageous profits off of medications.
Tax dollars are used to research and develop most medications anyway.
A year with exclusive manufacturing and marketing rights is plenty of time to recoup the costs associated with the research and develop of new medications.
If generics were available after a year the cost of medications would go down tremendously.
Unlike Alice in Wonderland, simply saying something is so doesn't make it so.

“The average drug developed by a major pharmaceutical company costs at least $4 billion, and it can be as much as $11 billion.”
AstraZeneca has spent $12 villion in research money for every new drug developed in the last 15 years. Costs for Amgen have averaged $3.7 billion.
For Amgen, the aver cost is $3.7 billion, according to Bernard Munos at InnoThink. See http://www.fiercebiotech.com/story/high-cost-...
One of the cheapest drugs to be developed was Dificid at $175 million. Sales in the first five months were $24 million. >>>>>Even if development costs were the only costs (no manufacturing costs, no advertising costs, no post-market surveillance, no law suits, etc.), a one year patent term would have resulted in a net loss.<<<<< <<

Even if R&D costs only associated with development of specific drugs brought to market are considered (that is, ignoring the cost of failures), the average cost per drug is over $1 billion.
C.f., http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/rethinking-he...
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#128768 Nov 19, 2012
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
And dufusDale is wrong about more things
A Constitutional Republic is a state where the officials are elected as representatives of the people, and must govern according to existing constitutional law that limits the government's power over citizens.

A Constitutional Republic is the current form of government in the United States. However in recent years, many people have criticized the federal government for moving away from a Constitutional Republic, as defined by the Constitution, and towards a pure democracy

"Subject to the jurisdiction, thereof", simply means the US Constitution.

As stated in the Preamble, the Constitution is only for the citizens of the US, aliens are not subjects of, nor subject to its jurisdiction.

The 14th plainly states who are "subject to the jurisdiction" of the Constitution, aliens are not.

Ark was DOA, when the USSC tired to change the meaning of "subject to the jurisdiction, thereof", this can only be accomplished through an amendment.

Obama was born subject to a foreign power, this condition has never changed during his life, he was never naturalized.

The Constitution has never recognized a dual-citizenship status.

The US Government can not strip the citizenship from an individual, unless requested by that indiuvidual.

Sorry, Obama is an alien and so are his children.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

Bristol, CT

#128769 Nov 19, 2012
The Average drug development coast of $4 Bil was from Forbes 2/10/2012.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/matthewherper/201...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Liberal Sock Rage 1,277,522
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 min PEllen 100,660
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 55 min ritedownthemiddle 54,568
Ask amy 9-2-15 1 hr Kuuipo 13
How to get into the USA. 3 hr New Beach Boys Song 4
News Three Men Arrested for Oak Park Carjacking, Arm... 3 hr They Shot da Cop 2
abby9-2-15 4 hr Mister Tonka 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages