BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 189979 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

LRS

Saint Paul, MN

#128688 Nov 19, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Yep, Romney won over 70% of America!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2012_Genera...
If you are referring to area, you are sort of correct.

In votes Obama handily defeated Romney by over 3%.

In electoral votes, Obama won by a landslide.

The Democrats also gained seats in the houe and senate.

Here is Minnesota, the state house and senate both went from Republican controlled to Dem controlled, and we defeated two constitutional amendments that we on the ballot - a voter suppresion measure and an anti-marriage equality measure.

American has spoken quite clearly and rejected the right wing extremist positions.

For the Republicans to win again, you need to become more inclusive; to reach out to ALL of America - the poor, biacks, gays, women, Latinos, everyone!

If you continue to be a party of just angry old white bigots, you'll lose heavily again in 2014 and 2016 adn become totlly irrelevant.
LRS

Saint Paul, MN

#128689 Nov 19, 2012
Pelosi: No Deal Without Raising Tax Rates On High Incomes

Pelosi: No Deal Without Raising Tax Rates On High Incomes

Source: TPM

SAHIL KAPUR 10:58 AM EST, SUNDAY NOVEMBER 18, 2012

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) categorically rejected a fiscal deal that does not raise tax rates on upper incomes, arguing that "just to close loopholes is far too little money."

Asked Sunday on ABC's "This Week" if she'd accept a deal that would hold tax rates constant but cap deductions for high earners, she said, "No."

"The president made it very clear that there are not enough of the sort," she said, calling that approach "a blueprint for hampering our future" because it would require deeper cuts in investments.

On potential reforms to safety net programs like Medicare and Social Security, something Republicans are calling for, she said, "If that means harming beneficiaries, I don't think that's such a good idea."

-30-

Read more: http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/p...
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#128690 Nov 19, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
The Attitude We Must Adopt
Well - I feel a bit like King David when he was told his son had died...remember that story?
His son was very sick and David trusted God to intervene - he put on sackcloth and ashes, refused to eat or drink and prayed fervently for his sons return to health. Of course, his son died - and everyone was afraid to tell David - afraid it would drive him insane. But David heard the whispering - asked if his son had died - and when it was confirmed, he asked for food and drink and cleaned himself up.
They were amazed at the transformation and asked him what had brought about his change of attitude - he told them that while his son still lived, there was the chance God would heal him, but when he died, it was God's will - and there was nothing more to do but praise God for his mercy.
So, I woke up this morning to a country run by a man I have very little faith in - but I live in a great country - still - and so I'll put away the sackcloth and ashes, renew my efforts to protect the things in this life I hold dear...and work towards a 2014 reclamation of the Senate!! Then, on to 2016... all the while praising God that I was privileged enough to have been born an American.
You can praise god all you want, but you will not admit that Obama won and Romney lost. Very immature and ungodly.
And you quote David the murderer as an example to emulate? Assassinated Goliath who lay inert and helpless? Decapitated him with his sword , which was cruel and surely so painful for Goliath. Good thing christian mercy and charity had not yet been invented, just cruel and mean old senile prophets' wishes. Then David had his foremost general murdered so he could have his wife with whom he had children. Was David punished? Nooooo. Are you kidding? Oh, his children and grandkids were punished. Does that make sense to you, Rogue?
And lest you or LRS tell me I again attacked your religion, remember that all I've written is true. No attack. Facts. Is it therefore bad to just tell what it says in the bible?
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#128691 Nov 19, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>If you are referring to area, you are sort of correct.

In votes Obama handily defeated Romney by over 3%.

In electoral votes, Obama won by a landslide.

The Democrats also gained seats in the houe and senate.

Here is Minnesota, the state house and senate both went from Republican controlled to Dem controlled, and we defeated two constitutional amendments that we on the ballot - a voter suppresion measure and an anti-marriage equality measure.

American has spoken quite clearly and rejected the right wing extremist positions.

For the Republicans to win again, you need to become more inclusive; to reach out to ALL of America - the poor, biacks, gays, women, Latinos, everyone!

If you continue to be a party of just angry old white bigots, you'll lose heavily again in 2014 and 2016 adn become totlly irrelevant.
But angry white Bigots need to belong somewhere too! Tacky claims to have already made the switch from D to R ... where can he go next?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#128692 Nov 19, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you can not show me in our Constitution where any government has the right to regulate what "arms" we chose to bear? First of all, look up the definition of "arms"!
dtrump wrote:
<quoted text>Certainly we can have whatever sidearms are carried by law enforcement and whatever long-guns are carried by soldiers so we can protect ourselves from them.
Sarah Palin defended real estate mogul Donald Trump's right to raise doubts about President Obama's place of birth.
"I appreciate that the Donald wants to spend his resources on something that so interests him and so many Americans, you know more power to him," Palin said
www.WND.com
Yes, an "arm" is a personal weapon. It can be a knife, a sword, brass knuckles, and firearm you can carry and operate by yourself.
A machine gun is a crew served weapon but a sub-machine gun is not as it can be carried and operated by one man.
And the Second Amendment says, "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." In other words, 90% of all guns laws are in violation of our Constitution!

Location hidden

#128693 Nov 19, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
You can praise god all you want, but you will not admit that Obama won and Romney lost. Very immature and ungodly.
And you quote David the murderer as an example to emulate? Assassinated Goliath who lay inert and helpless? Decapitated him with his sword , which was cruel and surely so painful for Goliath. Good thing christian mercy and charity had not yet been invented, just cruel and mean old senile prophets' wishes. Then David had his foremost general murdered so he could have his wife with whom he had children. Was David punished? Nooooo. Are you kidding? Oh, his children and grandkids were punished. Does that make sense to you, Rogue?
And lest you or LRS tell me I again attacked your religion, remember that all I've written is true. No attack. Facts. Is it therefore bad to just tell what it says in the bible?
If Goliath was "inert" (dead) he did not feel anything when David cut his head off.
The Bible is history and just like DAVID Peytaeus, he sinned.
LRS

Saint Paul, MN

#128694 Nov 19, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
You obvious do not know how to read as TEXAS is #2 (Florida #3) and Texas went ROMNEY!!!
<quoted text>
Sorry, Texas has 13,065,425 REGISTERED voters while Florida has only 12,021,577 REGISTERED voters. And Mitt Romney still one Texas!!!
What I posted had nothing to do with the number of registered voters.

i clearing stated that I was speaking of the number of people that voted for presidental this year, which was:

Texas: 7,964,668
Florida: 8,474,179

I'm happy for you that Romney "one" [sic] Texas.

FYI, in 2016 Texas and Arizona are predicted to become battleground states, with the increasing minority population.
LRS

Saint Paul, MN

#128695 Nov 19, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
You obvious do not know how to read as TEXAS is #2 (Florida #3) and Texas went ROMNEY!!!
Let me try speaking in smaller words and talking slower:

The chart that you take issue with is labeled:

"A couple 2012 presidential election popular vote stats
The top five states with the most voters"

That refers to the number of people that voted in the 2012 presidential election in each state.

There were more people that voted in Florida than in Texas, presunably because of the much higher literacy rate in Florida.

So, the bottom line - you were wrong and I was right.

Comprende?
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#128696 Nov 19, 2012
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#128697 Nov 19, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Goliath was "inert" (dead) he did not feel anything when David cut his head off.
The Bible is history and just like DAVID Peytaeus, he sinned.
Since when is being hit by a stone deadly? Very rarely. If the Geneva convention had existed at that time, David would've been court-martialed. As a civilian, he would've been accused of 2nd degree homicide and jailed 25 years. What about the rest of the story, Rogue?

Since: Oct 09

Moreno Valley, CA

#128698 Nov 19, 2012
LRS wrote:
The ironic and tragic thing about the religious right is how little of their own agenda they have achieved. And by voting for a conservative ideological agenda, they have actually hurt the poor, resisted immigration reform, promoted endless wars and neglected the environment.
Mitt Romney and his style of conservatism is contrary to everything Jesus supposedly taught and most real Christians of every race apparently understand the basic concept of fairness and equality, but alas, many white evangelical Christians seem to have lost their way. LOL
LRS

Saint Paul, MN

#128699 Nov 19, 2012
"Petraeus Testimony on Benghazi Reveals Conspiracy to Catch Terrorists"

"Petraeus Testimony on Benghazi Reveals Conspiracy to Catch Terrorists"

Petraeus Testimony on Benghazi Reveals Conspiracy to Catch Terrorists

By Dan Amira at New York Magazine

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/11/petraeus...

"SNIP..........

Then why alter the talking points at all? AP still:

The recently resigned spy chief explained that references to terrorist groups suspected of carrying out the violence were removed from the public explanation of what caused the attack so as not to tip off the groups that the U.S. intelligence community was on their trail....

"There was an interagency process to draft it, not a political process," Schiff said. "They came up with the best assessment without compromising classified information or source or methods. So changes were made to protect classified information."

So there was a conspiracy ... to catch the terrorists. According to Huffington Post, John McCain, "who also attended the Petraeus briefing, said nothing in his remarks afterward about Rice or his demand for an investigation by a new select panel."

..........SNIP"
LRS

Saint Paul, MN

#128700 Nov 19, 2012
Pelosi: Taxes must go up for wealthy

House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi couldn't be more clear: The Bush tax cuts for the rich have to expire.

When ABC’s Martha Raddatz asked Pelosi in an interview whether she would accept a deal that did not include tax rate hikes for the rich, the House’s top Democrat had a short answer:“No.”
“The president made it very clear in his campaign that there is not enough—there are not enough resources,” Pelosi said in an interview aired Sunday on ABC's “This Week.

“Just to close loopholes is far too little money … If it's going to bring in revenue, the president has been very clear that the higher income people have to pay their fair share.”
Despite that, House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) is trying to pretend otherwise, telling Fox News anchor Bill Hemmer that Pelosi and President Obama aren't on the same page on the budget.

“What I hear you saying is that the president is not in lock-step with Nancy Pelosi when it comes to tax rates versus revenue meaning and suggesting that he may go along with your deal as opposed to raising tax rates. Do you see that as a possibility?” Hemmer asked.
“I see that as a possibility. I think elections are over. Let’s sit down and find a bipartisan way that we can solve this problem, not go to a fiscal cliff while at the same time have a pro-growth agenda where we grow jobs,” McCarthy said.
Here's what President Obama said about tax cuts for the wealthy in his press conference last Wednesday: "But when it comes to the top 2 percent, what I’m not going to do is extend further a tax cut for folks who don’t need it, which would cost close to a trillion dollars."
That sounds an awful lot like what Pelosi was saying this weekend. Which means, as usual, House Republican leadership is full of shit.
LRS

Saint Paul, MN

#128701 Nov 19, 2012
Patrick Murphy wins again, Allen West still won't give up

Allen West has been clamoring for a full recount of the early vote in St. Lucie County, Florida, the county he lost to rival Patrick Murphy. He got what he wanted—the full recount of early votes—with the end result being an increase in the vote count for Murphy.

A recount Saturday and Sunday of more than 37,000 St. Lucie County ballots from all eight days of early voting had been demanded by partisans of Allen West, R-Palm Beach Gardens, after Murphy's narrow victory Nov. 6. Results of that recount, announced shortly after 2 p.m. Sunday by St. Lucie County Canvassing Board member Tod Mowery, placed Murphy farther ahead of West than before the two-day effort began. The results killed West campaign hopes the recount would narrow the gap to less than 0.5 percent and trigger an automatic recount of all votes under state law.[...]

Mowery said the final St. Lucie count was 65,841 votes for Murphy and 52,704 for West. Murphy picked up 274 votes, according to Mowery, while West gained 32 votes. The results are unofficial.Murphy said his campaign has been confident since Nov. 6 election night, when returns showed him leading West by a slim margin.

But West's campaign said there were irregularities in balloting on the first three days of early voting in St. Lucie County. West partisans were unhappy when Walker chose instead to recount three different days on Nov. 11.

West is still refusing to concede, and is still implying that he thinks there was fraud in the vote and that he could decide to fight on.

"Since election day, we have been working for a fair and accurate accounting of the election outcome in which voters can put their full trust," West said. "We will review the results of today's recount and the other available data to determine how to proceed."

On top of that, he's got a cadre of supporters who have been filing motions on their own, apart from the campaign. Two attorneys who have been active West volunteers, Jeffrey Scott Shapiro of Boca Raton and Mark Young of West Palm Beach, have petitioned the state for a recount of the entire districts. An active St. Lucie County Republican, Beverly Joy Hires, has petitioned the state for a full recount of that county.

West has until November 30 to file suit to contest the election. His team is sounding pretty aggressive on that front, attacking the supervisor of elections in St. Lucie County, Gertrude Walker:

Chris LaCivita, a top West strategist, said in a Sunday interview that Walker had badly botched the vote-counting process, giving the campaign ammunition to use.

“Each day that Gertrude Walker and her collection of idiots continues to mismanage, misappropriate, and not do their job just provides us with more evidence to use in an election contest and makes it more likely that we will do that,” LaCivita said.

That sounds like a campaign that's going to drag this out as long as they possible can.

Please chip in $3 to help Patrick Murphy fight this legal battle.

https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/da...
LRS

Saint Paul, MN

#128702 Nov 19, 2012
Rubio joins Republicans claiming rich will evade higher taxes

Republicans still refusing to countenance modestly higher tax rates for the wealthiest Americans are facing a moral dilemma. If tax cuts for the gilded-class do not in fact drive economic growth and job creation, then the GOP has been draining the United States Treasury for the sole purpose of needlessly padding the bank accounts of the rich. Unfortunately for the ideologues of the right, recent analyses from the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office and Congressional Research Service as well as the robust U.S. economic expansion following the 1993 Clinton tax hikes have laid waste to the Republican "job creators" myth. Which means conservatives can either come clean, or come up with a different rationale for their budget-busting, upper-income tax cuts.

Florida Senator and 2016 White House hopeful Marco Rubio has opted for the later approach. Joining a long list of conservative con men, Rubio argued that raising tax rates on the rich is pointless because they will get around paying them anyway.

Rubio made that point last week during his first visit to Iowa. There, he suggest that Americans shouldn't expect more tax revenue from the likes of Mitt Romney:

"The billionaires and millionaires that are going to be impacted by higher rates, they can afford to hire the best lawyers, lobbyists and accountants in America to figure out how not to pay those higher rates. Rubio told National Journal's Major Garrett at The Atlantic Washington Ideas Forum. "The people that are going to get stuck by that bill are the small businesses, the partnerships, the S corporations, that cannot hire the lawyers to get them out of it."

If Rubio's pitch sounds familiar, it should. After all, during his 2004 reelection campaign President George W. Bush said much the same thing in response to John Kerry's proposal to roll back the Bush tax cuts for the top two percent of earners.

Moreno Valley, CA

#128703 Nov 19, 2012
Frank wrote:
Our great grandchildren will study history and ask why tens of millions were idiots.
They certainly will Frank, they certainly will. Then they’ll say well at least not most.
LRS

Saint Paul, MN

#128704 Nov 19, 2012
THere are already children in school that are asking their teachers how it can be that a few adults don't believe in global warming.

I personally think the birther nuts and flat earthers are hilarious, and I'm old enough that I won't be around to see the damage they will cause America so I don't lose sleeep over it.

I just can't picture someone being that ignorant.

Moreno Valley, CA

#128705 Nov 19, 2012
RESTRICTED FROM REPLYING TO GB’S POST ONCE AGAIN SO I POST OPEN.

Ronald Reagan:“[I]f you don’t [stop Medicare] and I don’t do it, one of these days you and I are going to spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it once was like in America when men were free.”[1961]

George H.W. Bush: Described Medicare in 1964 as “socialized medicine.”[1964]

Barry Goldwater:“Having given our pensioners their medical care in kind, why not food baskets, why not public housing accommodations, why not vacation resorts, why not a ration of cigarettes for those who smoke and of beer for those who drink.”[1964]

Bob Dole: In 1996, while running for the Presidency, Dole openly bragged that he was one of 12 House members who voted against creating Medicare in 1965.“I was there, fighting the fight, voting against Medicare ... because we knew it wouldn’t work in 1965.”[1965]
http://thinkprogress.org/health/2009/07/29/17...

And I’m sure many said there wouldn’t be enough doctors to go around as well.

You make me laugh long time GB!
Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

#128706 Nov 19, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Texas has 13,065,425 REGISTERED voters while Florida has only 12,021,577 REGISTERED voters. And Mitt Romney still one Texas!!!
You should move to Texas....you're a better fit there.

Location hidden

#128707 Nov 19, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr USAsince1680 1,233,378
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Earthling-1 53,570
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 6 hr Scott Greczkowski 114
abby 5-25-15 7 hr blunt advice 6
Word (Dec '08) 10 hr _Zoey_ 5,242
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 10 hr _Zoey_ 410
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 11 hr Doug77 6,000
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]