BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#126454 Nov 13, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you tax everyone who makes over $250K a year 100% for income over $250? Woodn't you end the deficit in just one year?
That's right, Rogue, keep defending the big boys. God, they must love you, specially that you come cheap.
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#126455 Nov 13, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us brainless one, what exactly will raising taxes on the rich do for the counrty? The difference in taxes collected will be marginal. Then the wealthy will lose confidence in the economy and not invest. We'll be right where we are now. Do you think the wealthy owe you something?
Will that cause Romney to export even more money to the Caymans and more jobs to Mexico and China.? What do you think?
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#126456 Nov 13, 2012
Learn to Read wrote:
Gee. Looks like most of the people that want Texas out if the Union aren't in Texas.
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/pea...
Hahahahahaha
I counted 388 votes. Stopped counting, awfully boring. However, checked places of residence. 130 are from out of state, not from Texas, accounting for fully 30% of petitioners. I am forced conclude that these 30% just want Texas to get the hell out.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#126457 Nov 13, 2012
Johannes wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't the national debt triple under Reagan/Bush?
Deflection?
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#126458 Nov 13, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
No, so-called patriot warrior, it's not me. I have ONE moniker, unlike you. And I told you, he/she writes better than me.
<quoted text>
That's it? That's your reply? Laaaaaame. Boooooring.
I'm still laughing at you fool.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#126459 Nov 13, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>I counted 388 votes. Stopped counting, awfully boring. However, checked places of residence. 130 are from out of state, not from Texas, accounting for fully 30% of petitioners. I am forced conclude that these 30% just want Texas to get the hell out.
An equal number seem unwilling to declare place of residence

Also noticed that while showing only fist name and initial limits "creative signing" one EV L did join the effort to toss Texas
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#126460 Nov 13, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, the word queer comes up again, unsollicited, unmentioned, but good ole reliable LRS brings it up. Almost as obsessed with "queers" as our faithful Rogue is obsessed with Clinton's penis. That's the way it goes, folks, as LRS creaks his closet door open just a tad more, hoping for an encouraging word, a little whispering "come on", but the room is silent, except for the sounds of someone throwing up after the poor unsespecting soul peeked inside the closet, and in shock, wondering why this "blob", onefinger in nose, other in azz, was "switching".
The words just go together, know what I mean? LMAO
Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

#126462 Nov 13, 2012
Southern Democrats are members of the U.S. Democratic Party who reside in the American South. In the 19th century, they were the definitive pro-slavery wing of the party, opposed to both the anti-slavery Republicans (GOP) and the more liberal Northern Democrats.

Eventually "Redemption" was finalized in the Compromise of 1877 and the Redeemers gained control throughout the South. As the New Deal began to move Democrats as a whole to the left (at least economically), Southern Democrats largely stayed as conservative as they had always been, with some even breaking off to form farther right-wing splinters like the Dixiecrats. After the Civil Rights Movement successfully challenged the Jim Crow laws and other forms of institutionalized racism, and after the Democrats as a whole came to symbolize the mainstream left of the United States, the form, if not the content, of Southern Democratic politics began to change.

After World War II, during the civil rights movement, Democrats in the South initially still voted loyally with their party. After the signing of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, white voters who became tolerant of diversity began voting against Democratic incumbents for GOP candidates. The Republicans carried many Southern states for the first time since before the Great Depression. Rising educational levels and rising prosperity in the South, combined with shifts to the left by the national Democratic Party on a variety of socio-economic issues, led to widespread abandonment of the Democratic Party by white voters and Republican dominance in many Southern states by the 1990s and 2000s.

When Richard Nixon courted voters with his Southern Strategy, many Democrats became Republicans and the South became fertile ground for the GOP, which conversely was becoming more conservative as the Democrats were becoming more liberal. However, Democratic incumbents still held sway over voters in many states, especially those of the Deep South. In fact, until 2002, Democrats still had much control over Southern politics. It wasn't until the 1990s that Democratic control gradually collapsed, starting with the elections of 1994, in which Republicans gained control of both houses of Congress, through the rest of the decade. Southern Democrats of today who vote for the Democratic ticket are mostly urban liberals. Rural residents tend to vote for the Republican ticket, although there are a sizable number of Conservative Democrats.

A huge portion of Representatives, Senators, and voters who were referred to as Reagan Democrats in the 1980s were conservative Southern Democrats. An interesting exception to this trend is Arkansas, where to this day all but one statewide elected officials are Democrats.(The state has, however, given its electoral votes to the GOP in the past three Presidential elections, although in 1992 and 1996, "favorite son" Bill Clinton was the candidate and won each time.)

Another exception is North Carolina. Despite the fact that the state has voted for Republicans in every presidential election from 1980 until 2004, the governorship, legislature, as well as most statewide offices remain in Democratic control, and with the election of Heath Shuler in 2006, the congressional delegation once again is majority Democratic.

“ad maiora nati sumus ”

Since: Sep 09

Justice Scalia is an Oxymoron

#126463 Nov 13, 2012
One Sunny day in January 2013, an old man approached the White House from across Pennsylvania Avenue where
he ' d been sitting on a park bench.

He spoke to the U.S. Marine standing guard and said, "I would
like to go in and meet with President Romney ."

The Marine looked at the man and said, "Sir, Mr. Romney is not the President."

The old man said, "Okay," and walked away. The following day the same man
approached the White House and said to the same Marine, "I would like to go
in and meet with President Romney ."

The Marine again told the man, "Sir, as I said yesterday, Mr. Romney not the President."
The man thanked him and again just walked away. The third day the same man
approached the White House and spoke to the very same U.S. Marine, saying,
"I would like to go in and meet with President Romney ."The Marine,
understandably agitated at this point, looked at the man and said, "Sir, this is
the third day in a row you have been here asking to speak to Mr. Romney . I've
told you already that Mr. Romney is not the President. Don't you understand?"

The old man looked at the Marine and said,
"Oh, I understand. I just love hearing it."
The Marine snapped to attention, saluted, and said, "See you tomorrow, Sir"
Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

#126464 Nov 13, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Deflection?
Confused?
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#126465 Nov 13, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Will that cause Romney to export even more money to the Caymans and more jobs to Mexico and China.? What do you think?
What does Romney have to do with overseas labor rates? Back to the wealthy for a sec. Actually, the wealthy owe less than anyone else! It's the people that don't do a damn thing that owe the most! The idea that the wealthy owe more is asinine at BEST.
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#126466 Nov 13, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
The words just go together, know what I mean? LMAO
Lame, lamer and lamest. "Lamestess" even. You definitely do not measure up, "Switcher", definitely. Give up while you're merely behind. Can't you see everyone, including your birther ilk, laughing at you? And please, try to do your switching in private.
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#126467 Nov 13, 2012
Atticus Tiberius Finch wrote:
One Sunny day in January 2013, an old man approached the White House from across Pennsylvania Avenue where
he ' d been sitting on a park bench.
He spoke to the U.S. Marine standing guard and said, "I would
like to go in and meet with President Romney ."
The Marine looked at the man and said, "Sir, Mr. Romney is not the President."
The old man said, "Okay," and walked away. The following day the same man
approached the White House and said to the same Marine, "I would like to go
in and meet with President Romney ."
The Marine again told the man, "Sir, as I said yesterday, Mr. Romney not the President."
The man thanked him and again just walked away. The third day the same man
approached the White House and spoke to the very same U.S. Marine, saying,
"I would like to go in and meet with President Romney ."The Marine,
understandably agitated at this point, looked at the man and said, "Sir, this is
the third day in a row you have been here asking to speak to Mr. Romney . I've
told you already that Mr. Romney is not the President. Don't you understand?"
The old man looked at the Marine and said,
"Oh, I understand. I just love hearing it."
The Marine snapped to attention, saluted, and said, "See you tomorrow, Sir"
Beautiful. Oh, poetic justice.

Oh, rogue, don't ya just love it? Would you mind repeating the original?
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#126468 Nov 13, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
What does Romney have to do with overseas labor rates? Back to the wealthy for a sec. Actually, the wealthy owe less than anyone else! It's the people that don't do a damn thing that owe the most! The idea that the wealthy owe more is asinine at BEST.
I understand now . Thank you. In order to pull your weight, as the rich presumably do, what is your plan "about not doing a damn thing and owing the most?"

“God Bless our Republic”

Since: Nov 12

Warrior for USA

#126469 Nov 13, 2012
Crackdown on Food Stamp Fraud: A $750M a Year Scam

The Department of Agriculture announced it would be giving states more power to investigate individuals and families that repeatedly claim they have lost their benefit cards and seek replacements. Under the new procedures, the states would be allowed to demand formal explanations from people who seek replacement cards more than three times a year. Those who don't comply can be denied further cards.

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2012/0... -$750m-a-Year-Scam.aspx#page1

“God Bless our Republic”

Since: Nov 12

Warrior for USA

#126470 Nov 13, 2012
Food Stamps: Desperate Need or Double Dealing?

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2012/0...
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#126471 Nov 13, 2012
Patriot Warrior wrote:
Crackdown on Food Stamp Fraud: A $750M a Year Scam
The Department of Agriculture announced it would be giving states more power to investigate individuals and families that repeatedly claim they have lost their benefit cards and seek replacements. Under the new procedures, the states would be allowed to demand formal explanations from people who seek replacement cards more than three times a year. Those who don't comply can be denied further cards.
http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2012/0... -$750m-a-Year-Scam.aspx#page1
Good idea. Oh, by the way, do you have any clue as to what the states and feds intend to do about Corporate welfare?
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#126472 Nov 13, 2012
We have the same problem here. We give our oil people $2 billion a year in subsidies, and I believe you guys give away about $10 billion to your oil tycoons. Hmm, per capita, we give more. Damn, we are even stupider.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#126473 Nov 13, 2012
Johannes wrote:
<quoted text>
Confused?
Not at all. Can you not answer the question?
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#126475 Nov 13, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Lame, lamer and lamest. "Lamestess" even. You definitely do not measure up, "Switcher", definitely. Give up while you're merely behind. Can't you see everyone, including your birther ilk, laughing at you? And please, try to do your switching in private.
Poor wittle jacqazz, what are you babbling about now? Switcher? We've been laughing at you for months now! Senile old cootette.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Eman 1,126,354
last post wins! (Apr '13) 8 min Concerned_American 352
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 15 min JOEL 70,085
Hoffa tells Chicago Teamsters they play pivotal... 26 min reality is a crutch 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 35 min grave digger 47,497
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 38 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,653
A young black kid asks his mother, "Mama what's... 46 min LittlejigsRPigs 11
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]