BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...
Comments
110,841 - 110,860 of 177,384 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
The Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#125425 Nov 11, 2012
Freshman Republican firebrand Rep. Allen West (FL) has all but officially lost his reelection bid, with the state of Florida releasing complete vote tallies Saturday that showed him trailing Democratic challenger Patrick Murphy by a large enough margin to prevent an automatic recount.

Just don’t tell that to West.

Despite the announcement of the final vote count, West has refused to concede the race, with his campaign saying they will wait to see the numbers for themselves before deciding to call it quits.

“We’re simply not going to just walk away from the race until we see that the numbers add up,” West’s campaign manager, Tim Edson, told the Associated Press.

The race in Florida’s 18th District was one of the nastiest and most closely contested campaigns this year, with West and Murphy spending a combined $17 million, making it the third-most expensive House race of 2012, according to data from Open Secrets. Most of that sum came from West’s team, which spent $13.7 million in the losing effort, third most among House candidates behind only to Michele Bachmann’s (R-MI)$19.3 million and House Speaker John Boehner’s $20 million.

In the final tally released Saturday, West trailed by 2,442 votes, 50.4 percent to 49.6 percent. Florida officials have not yet formally called the race in Murphy’s favor.

The twenty-nine year-old Murphy had never before campaigned for public office. He said the Tea Party sickened him so much that he felt compelled to oppose West, and to switch from being a Romney-backing Republican to a Democrat in 2011.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#125426 Nov 11, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You dunce. There were TWO ballots, with all the other crap that like referendums. There was FOUR ballots in Miami-Dade.
St. Lucie County reported only slightly votes to the state than they did in 2008.
No, there was ONE ballot with four PAGES. There were 13 State Constitutional amendments this time.
Here in Dual Co.(Jacksonville) you fill out the four page ballot and then insert it into the machine. The machine does not double count as a voting clerk is watching you.
But whom is to stop a voting clerk from inserting other ballots when no one is watching?
Here in Duval Co. they also count the ballots (not the votes themselves) and see if that number equals what the machine says.
The Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#125427 Nov 11, 2012
Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) may be vowing that his race against Patrick Murphy is far from over, but as of early Saturday morning, all ballots were counted and legally the result is clear: West lost.

Murphy won a total of 166,799 votes to West's 164,370, the Palm Beach Post reported. That puts Murphy ahead by 2,429 votes and gives him a 0.7 percent advantage. Florida law only requires a recount when the margin is 0.5 percent or less.

Palm Beach County officials were up until 4:45 a.m. Saturday counting all remaining ballots cast during early voting, on Election Day, absentee ballots and other problematic ballots, the Palm Beach Post reported.

The race in Florida's 18th Congressional District still hasn't been officially called. Palm Beach officials must submit their results to state officials for them to become official, but Saturday's final vote tally all but ensures the race is over.

Murphy already declared victory on election night and NBC called the race for him that night, but West still hasn't conceded. In addition to declaring on his Facebook page that the race is "far from decided," West filed lawsuits to have ballots and voting machines impounded in Palm Beach and St. Lucie counties. The judge in Palm Beach threw the case out on Friday, though, telling West's lawyers that their arguments fell "woefully short" of what was required for an injunction. A St. Lucie judge is slated to hear West's case on Tuesday.

A West campaign spokesman did not respond to a request for comment.

Murphy's campaign is ready to move on.

"As expected, the election night results have been confirmed, and it is time to put the campaign behind us," Murphy campaign spokesman Anthony Kusich said in a statement. "Patrick looks forward to representing the treasure coast and palm beaches in Washington and working with both parties to get Florida back to work."

UPDATE: 6:14 p.m.-- The state of Florida certified Murphy as the winner of the race later Saturday.

"As expected, the Election Night results have been confirmed,” Murphy said in a statement.“It is now time to put the campaign behind us. I am honored that the voters of the Treasure Coast and Palm Beaches have chosen me to be their voice in Congress. Regardless of whether they voted for me or my opponent, I am committed to representing the interests of all residents of Florida’s 18th Congressional district in Washington.”
The Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#125428 Nov 11, 2012
Florida certifies victory for House newcomer (Patrick Murphy over Allen West)

Source: The Hill

The state of Florida certified congressman-elect Patrick Murphy (D) as the winner of his race against incumbent Rep. Allen West (R).

“As expected, the Election Night results have been confirmed. It is now time to put the campaign behind us. I am honored that the voters of the Treasure Coast and Palm Beaches have chosen me to be their voice in Congress. Regardless of whether they voted for me or my opponent, I am committed to representing the interests of all residents of Florida’s 18th Congressional district in Washington,” Murphy said in a Saturday statement.

West had raised concerns about the vote. The Tea Party freshman sent a letter to a Florida elections board supervisor on Thursday that said he might take legal action over what he termed “discrepancies” at the polls.

The vote gap between Murphy and West was too large to trigger a recount.

-snip-

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/b...

Location hidden

#125429 Nov 11, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
You think Obama cares about the 47%? What happens when the 47% become the 57% and the 43% can not longer afford to take care of the 57%?
<quoted text>
You are wrong. Mitt wants to improve the economy so that those 47% become the 43%. You equate giving people money to caring about them. They why don't you let a homeless person move into your home?
I have no problem caring for people who can no longer care for themselves but caring for drunks and druggies Cousin Pookies is a waste of money.
You know a Cousin Pookie or two, don't you?
Barack Obama Cousin Pookie
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe that, I've got some oceanfront property here in Minnesota to sell you.
Thankfully, the majority of Americans disagree with you.
Ah, can address the issues, can you? If there are 23 million unemployed and you stimulate the economy so that half of those get jobs, you will reduce the 47% to the 43%! It is simple math!!!
Sure, there is no way you can reduce the 47% to, let's say, 37% but you should be able to reduce it by just four percent.
Now, let's see if you have an intellectually honest reply this time. Or are you a mindless Libtard?

Location hidden

#125430 Nov 11, 2012
The Truth wrote:
Freshman Republican firebrand Rep. Allen West (FL) has all but officially lost his reelection bid, with the state of Florida releasing complete vote tallies Saturday that showed him trailing Democratic challenger Patrick Murphy by a large enough margin to prevent an automatic recount.
Just don’t tell that to West.
Despite the announcement of the final vote count, West has refused to concede the race, with his campaign saying they will wait to see the numbers for themselves before deciding to call it quits.
“We’re simply not going to just walk away from the race until we see that the numbers add up,” West’s campaign manager, Tim Edson, told the Associated Press.
The race in Florida’s 18th District was one of the nastiest and most closely contested campaigns this year, with West and Murphy spending a combined $17 million, making it the third-most expensive House race of 2012, according to data from Open Secrets. Most of that sum came from West’s team, which spent $13.7 million in the losing effort, third most among House candidates behind only to Michele Bachmann’s (R-MI)$19.3 million and House Speaker John Boehner’s $20 million.
In the final tally released Saturday, West trailed by 2,442 votes, 50.4 percent to 49.6 percent. Florida officials have not yet formally called the race in Murphy’s favor.
The twenty-nine year-old Murphy had never before campaigned for public office. He said the Tea Party sickened him so much that he felt compelled to oppose West, and to switch from being a Romney-backing Republican to a Democrat in 2011.
Well, if the State of Florida has no issues with that election, why have the "Florida officials have not yet formally called the race in Murphy’s favor."
Can't answer that one, can you!!!
The Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#125431 Nov 11, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
You think Obama cares about the 47%? What happens when the 47% become the 57% and the 43% can not longer afford to take care of the 57%?
<quoted text>
You are wrong. Mitt wants to improve the economy so that those 47% become the 43%. You equate giving people money to caring about them. They why don't you let a homeless person move into your home?
I have no problem caring for people who can no longer care for themselves but caring for drunks and druggies Cousin Pookies is a waste of money.
You know a Cousin Pookie or two, don't you?
Barack Obama Cousin Pookie
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
<quoted text>
Ah, can address the issues, can you? If there are 23 million unemployed and you stimulate the economy so that half of those get jobs, you will reduce the 47% to the 43%! It is simple math!!!
Sure, there is no way you can reduce the 47% to, let's say, 37% but you should be able to reduce it by just four percent.
Now, let's see if you have an intellectually honest reply this time. Or are you a mindless Libtard?
And how would you stimulate the economy? Tax cuts? If those worked, we should be swimming in jobs as much as Bush cut taxes.

Romney's magic plan that he's reveal to on one? Right.
The Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#125432 Nov 11, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if the State of Florida has no issues with that election, why have the "Florida officials have not yet formally called the race in Murphy’s favor."
Can't answer that one, can you!!!
Florida certified the election results yesterday:

Fla. certifies Murphy winner over West

Published: Nov. 10, 2012 at 4:40 PM

TALLAHASSEE, Fla., Nov. 10 (UPI)-- Florida elections officials Saturday certified Democrat Patrick Murphy as the winner in Tuesday's election over incumbent Republican U.S. Rep. Allen West.

The certification came one day after a Florida judge denied West's motion to impound ballots and voting machines for a possible recount. Palm Beach County Circuit Court Judge David F. Crow ruled West's motion was premature because no official result had been announced.

West had raised the prospect of voting irregularities but the judge said there was no evidence any statute had been violated, the Fort Pierce Tribune reported.

"As expected, the Election Night results have been confirmed," Murphy said in a statement Saturday.

Murphy said he would represent everyone in the 18th congressional district "(r)egardless of whether they voted for me or my opponent," The Hill reported.

West, first elected in 2010 and a favorite of the Tea Party, had not conceded the election as of midday Saturday.

Location hidden

#125433 Nov 11, 2012
The Truth wrote:
Florida certifies victory for House newcomer (Patrick Murphy over Allen West)
Source: The Hill
The state of Florida certified congressman-elect Patrick Murphy (D) as the winner of his race against incumbent Rep. Allen West (R).
“As expected, the Election Night results have been confirmed. It is now time to put the campaign behind us. I am honored that the voters of the Treasure Coast and Palm Beaches have chosen me to be their voice in Congress. Regardless of whether they voted for me or my opponent, I am committed to representing the interests of all residents of Florida’s 18th Congressional district in Washington,” Murphy said in a Saturday statement.
West had raised concerns about the vote. The Tea Party freshman sent a letter to a Florida elections board supervisor on Thursday that said he might take legal action over what he termed “discrepancies” at the polls.
The vote gap between Murphy and West was too large to trigger a recount.
-snip-
Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/b...
If that is the case, then why are the still counting "this morning"?

""Tomorrow morning at 7:00 a.m., the St Lucie County Supervisor of Elections will recount all early votes cast in St. Lucie County. West for Congress is pleased with the Supervisor's decision, as the counting of early votes on Election Night was of great concern to our campaign, given the large shift that occurred at midnight of nearly 4,000 votes," the campaign said in a statement."
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#125434 Nov 11, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Could it be because this fraud was fabricated by a few anti-American right wing extremists?
er, the John Birchers and the NRA perhaps?

Location hidden

#125435 Nov 11, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And how would you stimulate the economy? Tax cuts? If those worked, we should be swimming in jobs as much as Bush cut taxes.
Romney's magic plan that he's reveal to on one? Right.
Bush has not been the President for four years now. But how did Bill Clinton stimulate jobs? Signed four of Newt Gingrich's balance budgets into law? Signed seven of the points of Newt's Contract with America into law? Sign Newt's Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 into law?

Location hidden

#125436 Nov 11, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that Elvis is alive and working the night shift at a 7-11 in Pocatello, Idaho?
I know that this is true because I saw it on the Internet.
And Salon is ONLY on the internet yet you believe them, don't you?
The Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#125437 Nov 11, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
""Tomorrow morning at 7:00 a.m., the St Lucie County Supervisor of Elections will recount all early votes cast in St. Lucie County. West for Congress is pleased with the Supervisor's decision, as the counting of early votes on Election Night was of great concern to our campaign, given the large shift that occurred at midnight of nearly 4,000 votes," the campaign said in a statement."
I'd believe The Hill long before I'd believe Faux News.
The Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#125438 Nov 11, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fess up, you are a birther. You believe every conspiracy theory that comes your way if it happens to benefit your radical political views.

Location hidden

#125439 Nov 11, 2012
I Saw Elvis in a U.F.O.- Ray Stevens

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#125440 Nov 11, 2012
Jacques,
Music is the tie that binds.
loose

Location hidden

#125441 Nov 11, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
The sad part that since this is not a George Soros approved site, the Libtards will not read it much less give it any weight!!!
BREAKING: Massive Voter Fraud in St. Lucie County, Florida
On Tuesday only one precinct had less than 113% turnout.“The Unofficial vote count is 175,554 registered voters 247,713 vote cards cast (141.10%). The National SEAL Museum, a St. Lucie county polling place, had 158.85% voter turn out, the highest in the county.”
The Supervisor of Elections, Gertrude Walker, had this to say concerning the 141% voter turnout:“They may have had something like that in Palm Beach County, but we’ve never seen that here.”
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/heatherginsberg/ ...
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You dunce. There were TWO ballots, with all the other crap that like referendums. There was FOUR ballots in Miami-Dade.
St. Lucie County reported only slightly votes to the state than they did in 2008.
YOU ARE THE DUNCE! EVERY COUNTY in Florida had a four-page ballot this year! EVERY COUNTY!!! Using your logic, every county should have had the same problems.
Why is it that only the Libtard counties seem to be having problems? Twelve years ago it was "hanging Chads" but, again, only the Libtard counties ha hanging chads!!!
The Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#125442 Nov 11, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
I Saw Elvis in a U.F.O.- Ray Stevens
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =LUy8-triBHQXX
Yet you believe crap like that. It boggles the mind.

I'll bet you don't believe in science either - things like evolution and global warming.

Am I right?

Location hidden

#125443 Nov 11, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Fess up, you are a birther. You believe every conspiracy theory that comes your way if it happens to benefit your radical political views.
Fess up, you are a truther. You believe that Bush blew up the World Trade Center. You believe every conspiracy theory that comes your way if it happens to benefit your radical political views.

Again, you are totally incapable of engaging in any intellectually honest discussion. Sad, very sad!

Location hidden

#125444 Nov 11, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you believe crap like that. It boggles the mind.
I'll bet you don't believe in science either - things like evolution and global warming.
Am I right?
Yes I do believe in science. It is you that will not believe that Global Cooling started a dozen years ago!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 9 min J RULES 68,990
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min Brian_G 46,316
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 1 hr SLY WEST 299
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 97,934
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr SLY WEST 7,749
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr SLY WEST 570
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Yeah 1,100,230
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE