BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story
Just me

Lake Forest, CA

#124443 Nov 8, 2012
American Lady wrote:
'Twas the night OF election, and here on the board
the libs were all gloating, their victory assured
The chickens all counted, the eggs not yet hatched
While from defeat, a Romney victory was snatched
Obama still bargaining, earning votes for him,
while poor old Joe Biden forgot what state he was in.
Liberals, undaunted, continued their efforts
To make Barack's term an eight year endeavor.
Then, from conservative media, cheers!
The numbers look good for Mitt and Ryan's career's.
The swing states have spoken, Mitt Romney's our man,
Our conservatives sneer, and laugh "yes we can"
KY a red state, Virginia as well
winning states easily, like ringing a bell
Paul Ryan, in victory flexes his guns
Obama sighs wearily, his mood moribund
"Four years of Mitt Romney, our country is saved
we've earned it,'cause four years of Barry we braved!"
Republicans joyously take to the airways,
as hippies and liberals escape on their Segways.
A Baldwin, an Affleck, and even a Gaga
All start to head north, their destination Canada.
Hollywood empties, they're leaving in droves
accompanied by the laughter of one Karl Rove
Coulter's doing back flips, Sean Hannity takes shots,
While poor old Chris Matthews has suicide thoughts.
Obama is saddened,'twas the moment he feared,
but Trump has five million, to buy him a beer.
I bet waking up after such a dream was a bit hard.

Since: Oct 09

Moreno Valley, CA

#124444 Nov 8, 2012
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't say that yet Poppo. Florida is still pending :). Although I'm pretty sure that several people correctly predicted that
Oh, I would give him one anyway, but believe he'll get Florida right as well. LOL
Grand Birther

Oregon, OH

#124445 Nov 8, 2012
American Lady wrote:
A Few Things I Never Want to Hear Again
"I know he's a good man, and wants what's best for America." I hope this is the last presidential election in which conservatives will have to hear this validate-your-opponent claptrap from their standard-bearer. Barack Obama is neither a good man nor one who wants what is best for America. He is a bad, conscienceless man, who wants to undo America in the name of a very foreign model of social organization. When we say this among ourselves, the mainstream media's dupes do not hear us. A conservative presidential candidate, on the other hand, is the one man who has the national microphones of the mainstream media at his disposal -- the one man, in other words, who has the ear of those dupes. To fail to speak truth to illegitimate power at that moment, and into that microphone, is nothing less than an act of cowardice.
Allen West, who is not a coward, may just have lost his congressional seat. He is losing it in part because he had the courage to say what we all know -- that there are communists in the United States Congress -- and his supposed compatriots in the GOP abandoned him as a crank.
Michele Bachmann -- whom I strongly supported in the primaries -- came within an inch of losing her congressional seat. She almost lost in part because she has had the courage to speak out about a host of constitutional issues, from the debt to the Muslim Brotherhood infiltration of the government, and her supposed compatriots in the GOP quietly refused to support her campaign in the hope that she would disappear, and take her embarrassing hard truths with her.
No more apologies. No more embarrassment. No more veiled language when on the big stage. The left won the day by making the most radical, anti-human irrationalism of this epoch seem safe and normal, while portraying freedom and individualism as the dangerous, radical path.
Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/11/a_few_...
This kind of moronic birfoonery is exactly why the GOP lost and will continue to lose until they rejoin reality.

The lessons from last Tuesday are not sinking in with some on the right, and it's at their own peril.
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#124446 Nov 8, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Herewith Guru prediction Nov 4. LoL. Guru, eh? Some guru. And, the "unguruiest" prediction of all as it's Romny who took the early lead, 33 electoral vote to 3. Thereafter, poor man never knew what hit him. Lost his own state in a Dem lanslide. Explanation for that : My wife had it. She said that the Mass population knew him best of all, is why. Ha ha. Then "Moe" Ryan also lost his own state. What a cheeze head.
Wrong...if you're going to brag at least try to be accurate. It was tied at 153 electorial votes for both when I went to bed! So not the "beating" you're describing at all. The 33-3 thing happened pretty early on in the count. It was quit a bit later before I went to bed so if it was 153 a piece when I quit watching, Romney hadn't been "hit" yet at all!
Just me

Lake Forest, CA

#124447 Nov 8, 2012
Patriotic Warrior wrote:
“Nobody Wins”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =HPDWMwslCCsXX
AL, LRS, Justice Dale, rogue scholar Siouxsweetie and all you patriots, you fought the good fight. Nothing to be sad about. The sad part is they were always talking about repetition meant insanity. Well, they just proved how truly insane they really are. Of course you already knew that, without me saying it, so did they. The fact of the matter is, there is still the same pall over everything, like it was before.
Nothing changed!
At least when Romney was in it, there was a sense of anticipation in the air for a better tomorrow. A sort of electrical charge that something was finally going right, after so many, many months of doom and gloom. Especially after the ambassador and the Seals died. That showed his true colors, along with theirs being shown here tonight.
Now, that is even gone. Back to a feeling of revenge, not nourishment. Bitterness, envy, shame will eat them all up eventually, and from what I saw of you guys, you have the fear of God, character, strength, integrity, sense of humor, easy going ways, loyalty to one another, and to your country, even to the ones who fought you and treated you like dirt. You are the backbone of this country.
That's something to be proud of!
Whether they see it or not, a lot of this country has. I've talked to several people that have been here, reading here, and told me about it. That is why I came, just to see for myself what type of people are fighting this issue, to be talked about amongst so many.
So rest assured, your words did not fall upon deaf ears. They opened a lot of eyes, and as Patriotic Americans we will prevail. They may have won a battle, but they've yet to win the war.
SEMPER FI
They fought the good fight? What the hell did they do besides post here? I never heard any of you birthers mention what you did to try and get Romney elected.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#124448 Nov 8, 2012
Just me wrote:
<quoted text>
They fought the good fight? What the hell did they do besides post here? I never heard any of you birthers mention what you did to try and get Romney elected.
Probably the same thing we did. Encourage like thinkers to get out and vote.

Location hidden

#124449 Nov 8, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Naw, Obama ain't worried about Pennsylvania ,,,,,, much. Then why has he spent $10 million in ads in just the past week? And tomorrow his surrogate, Bill Clinton, will make four stops in PA too!!!
Naw, Obama ain't worried ..... much!!!
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
How'd it turn out on Ole Penn, Rogue?
if Obama was not worried about PA, then why was O'Biden and Bill Clinton campaigning there on ELECTION DAY???

Location hidden

#124451 Nov 8, 2012
Johannes wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know 'bout all that, but I have heard of the Duke of Earl.
But you do know why the Vikings ran amok between the Ninth and Twelfth Centuries, don't you? The Medieval Warm Period!!! During that same period the Mongol population boomed.
And at the end of the Twelfth Century the weather chilled and the Vikings moved south through what would become Russia and places like Normandy. And the Mongols, well Genghis Khan took them to China to find food for his people. Yep, Global COOLING caused widespread famine around 1200 A.D.!!!

Location hidden

#124452 Nov 8, 2012
Yep, Solar Cycle will go down as the coldest solar cycle in over 90 years!!!
http://solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov/images/ssn_...
Hmmmmm, do you remember the snowmagendon on Halloween 2011 in the Northeast and now them have another major snow storm going on again. Normally winder waits for Thanksgiving but no longer as we enter Global COOLING!

Location hidden

#124453 Nov 8, 2012
Silly Libtards. They think mankind is more powerful than our Sun!
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#124454 Nov 8, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Naw, Obama ain't worried about Pennsylvania ,,,,,, much. Then why has he spent $10 million in ads in just the past week? And tomorrow his surrogate, Bill Clinton, will make four stops in PA too!!!

if Obama was not worried about PA, then why was O'Biden and Bill Clinton campaigning there on ELECTION DAY???
Hey Rouge. Check the calendar. Election is over. Birfoons lost

Location hidden

#124455 Nov 8, 2012
Yep, DJIA down another 121 points today. Yep, Obamanomics is wurkin' as planned.
Four years ago the DJIA dropped 486 points within ten days after that election. I wonder how far it will drop this time?

Location hidden

#124456 Nov 8, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
How'd it turn out on Ole Penn, Rogue?
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
If Obama was not worried about PA, then why was O'Biden and Bill Clinton campaigning there on ELECTION DAY???
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't you tell that to Jacques? I was just responding to his post. Ah, yea, I forgot, you are still learning to read.
Fox News Makes You Stupid

Islip, NY

#124457 Nov 8, 2012
Analysis: Banks Play Shell Game with Taxpayer Dollars
Statement by Senator Bernie Sanders
BURLINGTON, VT - A study requested by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) found numerous instances during the financial crisis of 2008 and 2009 when banks took near zero-interest funds from the Federal Reserve and then loaned money back to the federal government on sweetheart terms for the banks.
The banks pocketed interest on government securities that paid rates up to 12 times greater than the Fed’s rock bottom interest charges, according to a Congressional Research Service analysis conducted for Sanders.
“This report confirms that ultra-low interest loans provided by the Federal Reserve during the financial crisis turned out to be direct corporate welfare to big banks,” Sanders said.“Instead of using the Fed loans to reinvest in the economy, some of the largest financial institutions in this country appear to have lent this money back to the federal government at a higher rate of interest by purchasing U.S. government securities.”
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2011/04/...

Location hidden

#124458 Nov 8, 2012
Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>
This kind of moronic birfoonery is exactly why the GOP lost and will continue to lose until they rejoin reality.
The lessons from last Tuesday are not sinking in with some on the right, and it's at their own peril.
Well, sooner or later may of the left will wake up. We started Global Warming in the late 1950's but it as late as 1977 you Libtards thought we were entering another Little Ice Age and then, in lock step, you switched to the Global Warming step. Now that we have been in Global Cooling for a dozen or so years, it will take you until about 2020 before you change step again.
It is like a heard of buffalo, you follow the Liberal herd!
Frank

Spokane, WA

#124459 Nov 8, 2012
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why must the entire electoral system be changed simply because Obama was re-elected Frank? Romney lost the state of his birth, the state where he was governor, the state where his vice was born and represents and everywhere he owns a house except Utah. LOL….. Romney was a loser from the start Frank.
It is sad. How can their be over 50 million people who hate our country? Are they all just prejudiced against Mormons? Our country lost from the start. We all lost four years ago,and now our nation is a two time loser. Our country deserves better.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#124460 Nov 8, 2012
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I would give him one anyway, but believe he'll get Florida right as well. LOL
Here in Washington they have only counted about two thirds of the ballots. Most of these elections are decided by one percent of the vote. How can they be decided when only two thirds of the ballots have been counted? One half of one percent margin would be equivalent to one vote out of two hundred ballots.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#124461 Nov 8, 2012
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Our country lost. Our Nation deserves better.

Location hidden

#124462 Nov 8, 2012
Late season New England Hurricanes. But I thought Global Warming caused late season New England hurrianes?

November 1, 1778- A possible late season hurricane struck Cape Cod, Massachusetts, killing 50-70 people. Twenty-three of these deaths are believed to be attributed to the HMS Somerset III, a British ship which ran aground on Cape Cod during this storm.
October 8–9, 1782- A hurricane that struck the Carolinas and moved up the coast causing damage in Providence, Rhode Island. It is currently not known if this hurricane made landfall in New England.
October 18–19, 1782- A second hurricane moved up the coast and was considered more severe than the previous storm in portions of New England, especially Boston. This was a rare snow hurricane for New England and the storm was likely transforming into an extratropical cyclone as it approached the New England states.
[edit]19th century
October 9, 1804- The Storm of October 1804 crossed New England, cool air was entrained in the circulation, and it became extratropical. The storm brought heavy snow across the Northeast, in some areas up to 2–3 feet, and killed 9 people. This was the second observation of snow from a landfalling hurricane, but not the last. This Category three hurricane was a major one, especially for eastern Massachusetts.
October 3, 1805 – A hurricane that struck Mantanzas, Cuba reportedly reached the Maine territory (claimed by Massachusetts until 1820) as a tropical cyclone. Little information is available on this storm but a tropical cyclone exclusively striking Maine is not unique. This is what occurred during the passage of Hurricane Gerda in 1969.
October 11, 1830 – A third hurricane impacted New England in 1830 but like the two in August, this cyclone did not make landfall in New England. Barnestable, Massachusetts reported the storm.
October 3, 1841 - The October Gale of 1841 became an extratropical storm, and passed off the coast of New England. It led to a storm of snow and sleet in Connecticut, bringing up to 18 inches of snow in some areas. The storm wrecked the Georges Bank fishing fleet which drowned 81 fishermen and knocked down trees, tore roofs off houses and forced boats to go up on shore. The storm also destroyed a saltworks factory along Cape Cod, sending the economy to a slump. In 1842, a monument was erected to remember the sailors and fishermen lost at sea.
October 14, 1846 - The Great Havana Hurricane of 1846 was still a strong tropical cyclone when it passed into New England from New York. In Hartford, Connecticut hurricane-force winds destroyed a trestle bridge. Numerous apple orchards in Massachusetts were reported ruined. No deaths due to the hurricane's passage over New England were reported.

Location hidden

#124463 Nov 8, 2012
Late season New England hurricanes.

October 6, 1849 - A tropical cyclone made landfall in Massachusetts, causing 143 deaths. This was the first known tropical cyclone to make landfall in New England since June 1825.
1850 - Three tropical cyclones impacted New England this season. The remnants of a July hurricane in the Carolinas passed into New England. An August hurricane caused damage in its wake through New England but was probably a tropical storm. Finally, a September hurricane passed off the coast causing some damage.
October 19, 1851 - A tropical storm formed north of the Bahamas on October 16. It continued northward and reached a peak intensity of 70 mph (113 km/h). But it weakened to a 60 mph (97 km/h)-storm before it made landfall in Rhode Island on the 19th. Later that day it dissipated on the border between Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
November 3, 1861- The Expedition Hurricane struck eastern Connecticut as a 60 mph (97 km/h) tropical storm. It then continued northeast until it dissipated over southern Maine later that day.
October 30, 1866- The former category one Hurricane Seven makes landfall in New Jersey, Long Island, and New York City and begins to parallel the New York-New England border until it briefly enters Vermont and dissipates.
October 10, 1894- Hurricane Five struck Connecticut as a category 1 hurricane.
October 6, 1898- Hurricane Seven came from the west and hit Maine as a tropical depression, then continued east into Atlantic Canada.
November 1, 1899- Hurricane Eight struck New England as a 50 mph (80 km/h)+ extratropical storm.

20th century
1927 November — A tropical storm spawned torrential rains as it rose over the Green Mountain in Vermont, Nov. 3–4. The record flooding caused $40 million in damage and killed 84 people in Vermont and 1 in Rhode Island. The storm ended as snow in the mountains. Note that this flood was unrelated to the 1927 Mississippi Flood.
1962 October - Hurricane Daisy - offshore-produced hurricane conditions in coastal NE Maine and Mt. Desert Island.
1963 October - Hurricane Ginny - offshore-produced hurricane conditions on Nantucket Island, Massachusetts and again along coastal NE Maine.
1971 - Doria - August 28 - was in process of becoming Category one hurricane as it moved into Connecticut from Long Island. Hurricane force winds measured at sea level in Bridgeport Conn. Gusts to 80 mph (129 km/h) in southeast Massachusetts and Blue Hill.
1972 - Carrie - as transitioning to extratropical storm on crossing Cape Cod produced hurricane force gusts of 90 mph (145 km/h) in Plymouth and 100 mph (160 km/h) Hyannis, Massachusetts.
1976 August - Hurricane Belle - Hurricane's rather slow movement enabled weakening to set in as storm approached Long Island, NY and then moved into Connecticut, MA,and transversed the Vermont/NH border. Wind gusts to 90 mph in southern Connecticut, 60+mph Providence RI and 75 mph Newport, RI. Considered minor storm.
1991 October - Hurricane Grace/Henri - offshore — Wind gusts to 77 mph (124 km/h) over Cape Cod as far west as Jamestown, Rhode Island. Coastal damage very high in exposed eastern Massachusetts area from waves and tide. Minor wind damage coming just two months after Hurricane Bob which produced major damage over southeast Massachusetts.
October 8, 1996 – The remnants of Tropical Storm Josephine brush Cape Cod, dropping widespread light rain and wind gust of 45-60 mph at New Bedford, MA
Tropical Storm Danny south of Massachusetts
July 26, 1997 – Tropical Storm Danny stalls just to the south of Nantucket,[7] causing only minor damage, despite strong winds that are experienced in southeastern Massachusetts.[8] The minor damage includes minimal flooding, power outages, and downed tree limbs.Early October, 2003 – The interaction between Hurricane Kate and a high pressure area to its north produced 3 to 4 foot (1 m) waves along the coast.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min John Galt 1,141,471
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 14 min JOEL 70,573
Super meds 39 min Help you 1
After Ferguson the Protest Should Move to Chicago. 1 hr Culture Auditor 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr PEllen 98,668
Abby 11-22 1 hr RACE 2
Amy 11-22 1 hr RACE 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:46 am PST

NBC Sports 7:46AM
Jay Cutler wants to keep on rolling (out)
NBC Sports11:16 AM
Colts rule out Dwayne Allen and Gosder Cherilus
NBC Sports12:50 PM
Rob Gronkowski fined $8,268 for bouncer move
NFL 1:30 PM
Colt McCoy 'pushing' Robert Griffin III, Gruden says
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Colts' Week 12 Preview vs. Jags