BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

#124269 Nov 7, 2012
Johannes wrote:
<quoted text>
No, wrong.
First you need to have the data, and then you can develop the conclusion....not the other way around.
I have already shown you where the 47% live....and that is in the south.
Not buying it, and you are sorely lacking in common sense to dispute Detroiters aren't paying much in federal taxes.

Doesn't matter anyway, the majority of Americans have chose bankruptcy and failure.
Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

#124270 Nov 7, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text> Not buying it, and you are sorely lacking in common sense to dispute Detroiters aren't paying much in federal taxes.
Doesn't matter anyway, the majority of Americans have chose bankruptcy and failure.
Not buying it, and you are sorely lacking in any data to prove your statements.

“life under BO”

buena vista

#124271 Nov 7, 2012
Johannes wrote:
<quoted text>
When the USA invaded Iraq there was a great influx of wanna-be terrorists to the area. The fact that we invaded Iraq caused more people to become terrorists. While their numbers have been reduced, the USA must continue to be on alert for future attacks.
GW Bush failed in the oil business, twice. Having a daddy as president helped him secure investments from Saudi Arabia. He then got a little money together to buy part of the TX Rangers. He was later given 15% of the club.
He was elected gov twice in a conservative state.
The election of 2000 was close and could have easily gone the other way. In 2004, I think America wasn't ready to change leaders in the middle of a war.....and the smear job the swifties did on Kerry.
In all, Bush was, and always has been, very mediocre.
His name has done more for him than his accomplishments.
Using your own criteria, I'll have to see some "facts" that back up your assertion that terrorists flocked to Iraq after we invaded. That's fair, right?

We can agree to disagree on Bush. I'll posit Obama has gotten by on his skin color, affirmative action and white liberal guilt, certainly not because of any accomplishments.
I am completely flabbergasted the failure was re elected, 47 million on food stamps, 50% of new college grads moving back home and 23 million unemployed, makes no sense.

“life under BO”

buena vista

#124272 Nov 7, 2012
Guru wrote:
...they are calling Obama the winner. Congrats to those who voted for him.
Now what?
More debt, divisiveness and failure is my prediction. Taxes going up next year, that is for those who actually pay taxes.
Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

#124273 Nov 7, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
More debt, divisiveness and failure is my prediction. Taxes going up next year, that is for those who actually pay taxes.
...and let us not forget that the top ten states that comprise the 4&% are all in the south......and I've already shown you the data twice. Thanks red states.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#124274 Nov 7, 2012
I'm not at all surprised that the master flip-flopper with the likeability of a serial killer and running with a wonk got his butt kicked.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#124275 Nov 7, 2012
Romney would have won if only land owners could vote. Hey birfoons, write your congressperson.

“life under BO”

buena vista

#124277 Nov 7, 2012
Johannes wrote:
<quoted text>
...and let us not forget that the top ten states that comprise the 4&% are all in the south......and I've already shown you the data twice. Thanks red states.
Thanks, 47 percenters

WHO PAYS THE INCOME TAXES IN AMERICA? The list of Democrats complaining the ... We are going to take back America in 2012.~~~~~~~~~ Exclusive ...

allow me to share some enlightening data on who pays what income tax in the United States. We have a progressive (or regressive if you choose to look it the tax code correctly) in 2009, the latest available figures on income tax collection:

• The top 1%(1.4 million) paid 40.42% on income of $2.8 trillion.
• The top 2.5%( 5.65 million) paid 20.2%
• The top 5%( 7 million) paid 60%
• The top 10% paid 71.2% of all income taxes on income of $4.227 trillion.

Collected taxes :$794 billion

The bottom 50% of American taxpayers paid only 7.89 % of all Federal taxes collected !!

When the majority realizes it can vote themselves money we're finished, to me it looks like we're at that point.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#124278 Nov 7, 2012
hey obama...now whattaya gonna do? Play 1,000 rounds of golf? You can't run around campaigning anymore...you have to actually do some WORK! Wall St is now pissed at you, a huge recession is on the way, Europe is melting down big time, jobs are leaving our country for Europe...you are off-shoring jobs worse than your false charges on Romney!

obama....he can't even do 7th grade arithmetic. How are you going to run our economy?

Do you think you will give a press conference anytime in the next 4 years?...or hide like you did in your first term?

You can't give another campaign speech in your state of the Union speech...now what? You gonna tell us how you play basketball? Or tell us about those muslim movies playing at Benghazi at the Terrorism-5 Theaters there?

What are you going to do about jobs? the economy? Israel? the middle east? food stamps? Sandy?....just asking, cuz now you have to FIX IT! as you always say.

So, now you have to do all this...plus a whole lot more.

Are you going to give amnesty to 50 million Mexicans? What is next on your agenda there?

Let us know, because we are all watching and waiting for your "PLAN" to show up. You know, your PLAN. We can't wait for that one.

tick tock....tick tock....crickets...
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#124279 Nov 7, 2012
QUESTION:
...why does obama's so-called birth certificate say BARRACK HUSSEIN OBAMA when he was born BARRY SOTERO?

He didn't change his name until years later.

...so how could it be listed as Barrack Hussein Obama if it wasn't forged?
Noway Duh

Clearlake, CA

#124281 Nov 7, 2012
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
You forget. Since Birfoons don't recognize Hawaii as a State that only leaves 49. Of course AZZZ doesn't recognize any other States so I guess they'll only have to count to one
And you stupid dumb ash libtards believe there are 57 states, after all Oshite visited all 57 of them!

Noway Duh

Clearlake, CA

#124282 Nov 7, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that wouldn't be any free loading libtart! We are suppose to spread the wealth to them and we're suppose to go poor so we can all be equal!
Noway Duh

Clearlake, CA

#124284 Nov 7, 2012
Obama open mic gaffe

&fe ature=relmfu
GOP Got Stupid

Munster, IN

#124285 Nov 7, 2012
America Got Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
I ask a serious question and you respond with retarded bullshit!
We need a new Electoral system.
One State = one vote.
26 votes wins the Presidency.
All States need to be of equal importance.
In case of a tie, the winner will be selected by the popular vote totals.
Tell us, what is wrong with idea?
1 state = 1 vote?

Thats the supidest thing I have ever heard and you are a stupid person for saying it.

Wyoming population =
500,000+

California population =

37,000,000 > 500,000

So I guess you just throw out the extra 36,500,000 votes to make the states equal.

Please tell me more of your wacky and zanny ideas.
Cry Baby TEArs

Munster, IN

#124286 Nov 7, 2012
Still crying teabaggers?

Hee, hee, hee, hee

My baby's always dancin' and it wouldn't be a bad thing
But I don't get no lovin' and that's no lie
We spent the night in Frisco at every kind of disco
From that night I kissed our love goodbye

Don't blame it on the sunshine
Don't blame it on the moonlight
Don't blame it on the good times
Blame it on the boogie

Blame it on the boogie

That nasty boogie bugs me, but somehow it has drugged me
Spellbound rhythm gets me on my feet
I've changed my life completely, I've seen the lightning leave me
And my baby just can't take her eyes off me

Blame it on the boogie

Don't you blame it on the sunshine
Blame it on the boogie, woo

I just can't, I just can't
I just can't control my feet
I just can't, I just can't (Yeah)
I just can't (Woo) control my feet

Sunshine
Blame it on the boogie

Don't on the good times
Blame it on the boogie

This magic music grooves me, that dirty rhythm fools me
The devil's gotten to me through this dance
I'm full of funky fever, a fire burns inside me
Boogie's got me in a super trance

Blame it on the boogie

Don't you blame it sunshine
Blame it on the boogie

Ow (Sunshine)
Ooh (Moonlight)
Yeah (Good times)
Mmm (Boogie)

You just gotta (Sunshine)
Yeah (Moonlight)
(Good times)
Good times (Boogie)

Don't you blame it (Sunshine)
You just gotta (Moonlight)
You just wanna (Good times)
Yeah, oh (Boogie)

Blame it on yourself (Sunshine)
Ain't nobody's fault (Moonlight)
But yours and that boogie (Good times)
All night long (Boogie)

Can't stop that boogie (Sunshine)
But yours and that boogie (Good times)
Dancin' all night long (Boogie)

But yours and that boogie, boogie, boogie (Good times)
All night long (Boogie)

Since: Oct 09

Moreno Valley, CA

#124287 Nov 7, 2012
America Got Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
I ask a serious question and you respond with retarded bullshit!
We need a new Electoral system.
One State = one vote.
26 votes wins the Presidency.
All States need to be of equal importance.
In case of a tie, the winner will be selected by the popular vote totals.
Tell us, what is wrong with idea?
Are you nuts? Is it not enough for some states to be over represented in the senate? Why should Alaska be equal to California? Candidate loses popular vote by a hundred million yet easily swept into office by 26 states.

Try starting with Kentucky and work your way down; then ask yourself if all those states should be equal to California and New York.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._sta...

No wonder you’re a birfoon.

You make me laugh long time GB
American Lady

Danville, KY

#124289 Nov 7, 2012
Cry Baby TEArs wrote:
Still crying teabaggers?
Hee, hee, hee, hee

Dancin' all night long (Boogie)
But yours and that boogie, boogie, boogie (Good times)
All night long (Boogie)
Congress controls the purse strings

Within the past decade, I've written three columns explaining which branch of the federal government has taxing and spending authority. So here it is again: The first clause of Article 1, Section 7 of the U.S. Constitution, generally known as the "origination clause," reads: "All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills."
Constitutionally and by precedent,

the **House of Representatives** has the exclusive prerogative to originate bills to appropriate money, as well as to raise revenues.

Congress has the authority to ignore the president's proposals and override his vetoes.

There is little intellectually challenging about the fact that the Constitution gave Congress ultimate taxing and spending authority. My question is this: How can academics, politicians, news media people and ordinary citizens continually make and get away with statements such as "Reagan's budget deficits," "Clinton's budget surplus," "Bush's tax cuts" and "Obama's spending binge"? I know the nation's law schools teach little about Framer intent, but I wonder whether they actually tell students it's the executive branch of government that holds taxing and spending authority. Maybe it's simply incurable ignorance, willful deception, sloppy thinking or just plain stupidity. If there's an explanation that I've missed, I'd like to hear it.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2012/sep/...

Article 1 - The Legislative Branch
Section 7 - Revenue Bills, Legislative Process, Presidential Veto
All bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.

Every Bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a Law, be presented to the President of the United States; If he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it, with his Objections to that House in which it shall have originated, who shall enter the Objections at large on their Journal, and proceed to reconsider it.
If after such Reconsideration two thirds of that House shall agree to pass the Bill, it shall be sent, together with the Objections, to the other House, by which it shall likewise be reconsidered, and if approved by two thirds of that House, it shall become a Law. But in all such Cases the Votes of both Houses shall be determined by Yeas and Nays, and the Names of the Persons voting for and against the Bill shall be entered on the Journal of each House respectively. If any Bill shall not be returned by the President within ten Days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the Same shall be a Law, in like Manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their Adjournment prevent its Return, in which Case it shall not be a Law.

http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_A1Sec7.h...
The American people have spoken ...

Republicans "control" the House :)
Las Cruces retiree

Christchurch, New Zealand

#124290 Nov 7, 2012
I made a mistake on an earlier post. I suggested that Obama release his college records and force Trump to donate 5 million to charity. I thought that the college records would indicate that the president of the USA was admitted to Columbia as a foreign student.

This would then support Sheriff Joe's investigation and impeachment proceedings would begin.

Sorry. I was not thinking properly. If Obama was impeached, Joe Bite Me would become president and that is unacceptable.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#124292 Nov 7, 2012
I like stories you make up to feel important...
Rasmussen

Munster, IN

#124293 Nov 7, 2012
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has seen my credibility?

I knew I shouldn't have cheated off of Gallop's paper.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Teaman 1,142,365
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 21 min PEllen 98,673
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 30 min JOEL 70,583
Dear Abby 11/24/14 31 min PEllen 1
Ask Amy 11/24/14 33 min PEllen 1
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 54 min not a ghost 1,519
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr not a ghost 698
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search