BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#123909 Nov 6, 2012
Mourdock fading in Indiana. Skid? Oh Skid! Looks like real danger here

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#123910 Nov 6, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Hey guys, I will not count my eggs until the chicken lays 'em. It is gonna be a hard days-night and I am not going to drive myself crazy. See you guys tomorrow.
Agree; it ain't over 'till it's over.

RationalState

#123911 Nov 6, 2012
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
And since no laws or regulations support your Birfoon fantasies. And since every court has told you that your fable is not the law ... Like a "tru patriot" you crap on the Constitution and make up play laws
Amazing. It's election night and birfoons are still quibbling over Play Law.

Go figure.

Whoever wins, wins, and birfoon play law theories will never amount to a bucket of spit.
Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

#123912 Nov 6, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
His biggest mistake was Iraq, other than that he did a great job, considering he had to deal with the aftermath of 9/11, a little fact liberals ALWAYS ignore. In 2007 he had the deficit down to around $180 billion dollars, pretty good I say, especially comparing him to Mr. Trillion dollar plus Obama.
He also sounded the warning on the coming subprime mortgage disaster and was shouted down by the likes of criminal Bawney Frank when he tried to reform F and F..
I think Iraq was a mistake and there was no reason to invade. He bumbled the planning....remember when he said that they didn't have a plan for so much resistance. DUH!!!! What did he expect? Very poor planning. Because of our actions, Iraq turned into a magnet for all the terrorists. There were probably more terrorists after we invaded than prior.

I think he should have focused on Afganistan and gotten OBL.

He will be remembered for the Iraq invasion and the lingering war......just like LBJ and VietNam.

9/11 was a wake up call and Bush did a fine job getting the USA better prepared for any future attacks.

He just wasn't the type of man that people would look up to and have any confidence in. Reminds me of Alfed E Newman....sort of a bumbler.
Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

#123913 Nov 6, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
Detroit is a disaster, a disgrace, do we really need a pie chart to say Detroiters aren't paying a lot in federal taxes? Really?
Do we need a graph to show minorities in the lower income groups aren't paying federal taxes and in fact are receiving federal monies?
Really?
Do you think raising the tax on the rich to 39% will save America?
My single girlfriend ensconced in the middle class is not looking forward to her taxes going up next year, BTW.
Well, yes you do need pie charts, data, facts, graphs to prove you point. Without any data, it's pure speculation.

Who would have thought that the 47% live in the republican south? Well, the data shows it to be so.

Don't really know anything about Detriot except that it is economically depressed.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#123915 Nov 6, 2012
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The US Supreme Court interprets the meaning of the US Constitution, and it has ruled six to two (one not voting) that every child born in the USA except for the children of foreign diplomats is a Natural Born Citizen. What the Supreme Court says is the law. What you say is no more than your uninformed opinion.
But can not change the meaning as written! Get yourself an amendment.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#123916 Nov 6, 2012
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. When a person is naturalized in the US, the US does not "strip" the person of foreign citizenship. Renunciation is an act between the person and the country whose citizenship s/he renounces. US law cannot operate to nullify anyone's citizenship in a foreign country, and no country can deny US citizenship to a person granted US citizenship. Play Law doesn't count.
<quoted text>
I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform :noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.
Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

#123918 Nov 6, 2012
Goat Boy wrote:
Texas: Dems In Houston Offer 'Obama Phones' In Exchange For Votes
Have you been putting little sad faces on comments yet again??? Such a low level thinker.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#123919 Nov 6, 2012
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Play Justice Dale has plainly shown that he is a grandiose twerp with no understanding of US law and the reading comprehension of a chimpanzee.
See also, In re Look Tin Sing (Circuit court)(child born in US of alien parents is under the jurisdiction of the United States), In re Wong Kim Ark (federal district court)(child born in US of alien parents is under the jurisdiction of the United States), Benny v. O'Brien (Supreme Court of New Jersey)(child born in US of alien parents is under the jurisdiction of the United States).
“Two facts must concur—the person must be born here, and he must be subject to the jurisdiction of the United States according to the Fourteenth Amendment, which means, according to the Civil Rights Act, that the person born here is not subject to any foreign power. Allan Benny, whose parents were domiciled here at the time of his birth, is subject to the Jurisdiction of the United States, and is not subject to any foreign power.*** Therefore Allan Benny is a citizen of the United States in virtue of his birth here of alien parents, who, at the time of his birth, were domiciled in this country.” Benny v O’Brien, 32 Atlantic Reporter, 696, 697 (Supreme court of New Jersey 1895).
<quoted text>
Irrelevant, IAW the 14th amendment
American Lady

Danville, KY

#123920 Nov 6, 2012
'Twas the night OF election, and here on the board
the libs were all gloating, their victory assured
The chickens all counted, the eggs not yet hatched
While from defeat, a Romney victory was snatched

Obama still bargaining, earning votes for him,
while poor old Joe Biden forgot what state he was in.
Liberals, undaunted, continued their efforts
To make Barack's term an eight year endeavor.

Then, from conservative media, cheers!
The numbers look good for Mitt and Ryan's career's.
The swing states have spoken, Mitt Romney's our man,
Our conservatives sneer, and laugh "yes we can"

KY a red state, Virginia as well
winning states easily, like ringing a bell
Paul Ryan, in victory flexes his guns
Obama sighs wearily, his mood moribund

"Four years of Mitt Romney, our country is saved
we've earned it,'cause four years of Barry we braved!"
Republicans joyously take to the airways,
as hippies and liberals escape on their Segways.

A Baldwin, an Affleck, and even a Gaga
All start to head north, their destination Canada.
Hollywood empties, they're leaving in droves
accompanied by the laughter of one Karl Rove

Coulter's doing back flips, Sean Hannity takes shots,
While poor old Chris Matthews has suicide thoughts.
Obama is saddened,'twas the moment he feared,
but Trump has five million, to buy him a beer.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#123921 Nov 6, 2012
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Play Justice Dale insists that his Play Law interpretation of the Constitution is the law of the land.
It's called delusions of grandeur.
<quoted text>
Sure is, PUSS!

RationalState

#123922 Nov 6, 2012
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform :noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.
Yup, that's the oath. "I hereby declare ...".

It's an oath taken by an individual. The US has no power to rescind anyone's foreign citizenship. Grow up.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. When a person is naturalized in the US, the US does not "strip" the person of foreign citizenship. Renunciation is an act between the person and the country whose citizenship s/he renounces. US law cannot operate to nullify anyone's citizenship in a foreign country, and no country can deny US citizenship to a person granted US citizenship. Play Law doesn't count.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#123923 Nov 6, 2012
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Play Justice Dale is the proud crackpot inventor of a perpetual motion machine. My comment was directed to his perpetual motion fantasy which he posted in this forum.
Capisce?
<quoted text>
Dumb-ass a machine has moving parts!

RationalState

#123924 Nov 6, 2012
Obama takes PA, according to Fox News, the liberal bastion.

RationalState

#123925 Nov 6, 2012
Florida dead heat. Both at 49.6%

RationalState

#123926 Nov 6, 2012
Obama leading in MS at the moment.

RationalState

#123927 Nov 6, 2012
Fox says Obama takes Wisconsin.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#123928 Nov 6, 2012
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, that's the oath. "I hereby declare ...".
It's an oath taken by an individual. The US has no power to rescind anyone's foreign citizenship. Grow up.
<quoted text>
Looks like they did, with the approval of the individual!
Chew on that, PUSS!!
Paul Ayn Rand Ryan

Midlothian, IL

#123929 Nov 6, 2012
OMG!!!

I just lost my own state. What a pathetic loser I am.

No no no seriously. How much of a disgrace do I have to be to lose Wisconsin?

I guess it's a good thing I shifted all my money to my house seat.

I just hope the Koch brothers have atleast kept that safe for me.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#123930 Nov 6, 2012
wojar wrote:
Fox says Obama takes Wisconsin.
we may have a new flag of the us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min John Galt 1,125,252
Abby 10-20 7 min Ralph 17
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 28 min Wondering 50,598
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 48 min HughBe 70,002
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr scirocco 68,642
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr grave digger 47,486
Amy 10-11 3 hr Stina2 7
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]