YOU obviously did not or can not read the article.Romney touts his Massachusetts record as fiscal hawk
Romney says that as governor he guided the state out of a financial crisis by cutting spending despite opposition from Democratic lawmakers. A look at his record reveals a more complicated picture.
"He used the bully pulpit of the governor's office very, very effectively," Lees said.
Read the WHOLE thing! VERY impressive Article ...
Shows what a "statesman" he truly IS ...
Did this with 85% Democratic Constituents ...
1) Just before Thanksgiving, plans for Romney cuts targeting the homeless, mentally ill, deaf, autistic and others led to a blast of bad publicity.
2) Romney also upset business leaders by agreeing to increase corporate taxes by $375 million a year.
3) Romney's $375 million in fee hikes were broader: The state raised the cost of elevator inspections, boat registrations, gun licenses and ice skating at public rinks. Fines for speeding tickets went up. A new fee was imposed on law school graduates for taking the bar exam. The cost of a marriage license jumped from $4 to $50.
4) A tax on gasoline, which the state called a fee, rose from half a cent to 2.5 cents per gallon.
5) As for Romney's tax cuts, budget watchdogs in Massachusetts have dismissed them as marginal.
6) David Tuerck, director of Suffolk University's Beacon Hill Institute, a conservative think tank, called the tax breaks "fluff."
"This is all smoke and mirrors," he said.