BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#122493 Nov 2, 2012
UninformedOhio Republican wrote:
Obama
Wisconsin +5
Pennsylvania +4.6
Ohio +2.3
Iowa +2
New Hampshire +2
Colorado +.9
No link! No believe!!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#122494 Nov 2, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
My Neanderthal forehead tells me that every prediction you've made on this thread has been wrong. Every one of them. So will that one. And if Romney wins, you'll be hoping it doesn't happen , but if Obama wins, and damn the consequences to the American people and the rest of the world, you'll be orgasming with joy.
Oh, how many times do I have to ask you what you think of Romney's belief that you, a catholic, are an abomination?
You are so full of recycled dog food!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#122495 Nov 2, 2012
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...you know what is too close to call?...your face and obama's ass.
But, but, but Colon Powell endorsed him. Ya know, the same Maj Colon Powell that tried to cover up the My Lai Massacre!
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

#122497 Nov 2, 2012
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>Aliens have never been "subject to the jurisdiction, thereof", this is only a status held by citizens.
"All persons born or naturalized in the US and "subject to the jurisdiction, thereof" are citizens." Who are subject to the jurisdiction, thereof?
Everyone who is in the USA other than foreign diplomats and their families is subject to the jurisdiction of the USA.

“A citizen of the United States is held by the courts to be a person who was born within the limits of the United States and subject to their laws.” Senator Jacob Howard, Cong. Globe 39th Cong., 1st Sess, 2765 (1866).

“Is not the child born in this country of German parents a citizen? I am afraid we have got very few citizens in some of the counties of good old Pennsylvania if the children born of German parents are not citizens.”-Senator Lyman Trumbull, Cong. Globe 39th, 1st Sess 498 (1866).

“Who are natural-born citizens but those born within the republic? Those born within the Republic, whether black or white, are citizens by birth—natural-born citizens.” John Bingham, Cong. Globe 37th Cong., 2nd Sess. 1639 (1862)

"It thus clearly appears that, by the law of England for the last three centuries, beginning before the settlement of this country and continuing to the present day, aliens, while residing in the dominions possessed by the Crown of England, were within the allegiance, the obedience, the faith or loyalty, the protection, the power, the jurisdiction of the English Sovereign, and therefore every child born in England of alien parents was a natural-born subject unless the child of an ambassador or other diplomatic agent of a foreign State or of an alien enemy in hostile occupation of the place where the child was born.

III. The same rule was in force in all the English Colonies upon this continent down to the time of the Declaration of Independence, and in the United States afterwards, and continued to prevail under the Constitution as originally established." (US Supreme Court ruling in the Wong Kim Ark case.)
Grand Birther

Oregon, OH

#122506 Nov 2, 2012
Howdiy, birfers, just a friendly reminder the Ronald Reagan campaigned in Iowa the day after the Lebanon attack in 1984.
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

#122509 Nov 2, 2012
Real Change is Coming wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama could have had 5 Million of Trump's dollars to give to the Hurricane's victims, but he wouldn't show the records that will prove he is a pResidential fraud.
I think this proves beyond a doubt that Obama does not care about the poor and downtrodden.
Mitt Romney has not showed his college transcripts and passport records either. Yet there is no Trump offer of $5 million to charity if Romney releases them. How unfair. Trump apparently likes Romney, and yet he does not seem eager to give $5 million to charity for Romney releasing transcripts and passport records.

If Trump made the offer to both candidates, then it might be considered a fair offer of $10 million to charity. But he didn’t.

Moreover it seems to show that Trump has suspicions about Obama not being a good student, while he has no suspicions about Romney not being a good student. I wonder why that could be?

BTW, the allegation that Obama was a foreign exchange student came from an April Fool’s article originally written on April 1, 2009.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#122515 Nov 2, 2012
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone who is in the USA other than foreign diplomats and their families is subject to the jurisdiction of the USA.
“A citizen of the United States is held by the courts to be a person who was born within the limits of the United States and subject to their laws.” Senator Jacob Howard, Cong. Globe 39th Cong., 1st Sess, 2765 (1866).
“Is not the child born in this country of German parents a citizen? I am afraid we have got very few citizens in some of the counties of good old Pennsylvania if the children born of German parents are not citizens.”-Senator Lyman Trumbull, Cong. Globe 39th, 1st Sess 498 (1866).
“Who are natural-born citizens but those born within the republic? Those born within the Republic, whether black or white, are citizens by birth—natural-born citizens.” John Bingham, Cong. Globe 37th Cong., 2nd Sess. 1639 (1862)
"It thus clearly appears that, by the law of England for the last three centuries, beginning before the settlement of this country and continuing to the present day, aliens, while residing in the dominions possessed by the Crown of England, were within the allegiance, the obedience, the faith or loyalty, the protection, the power, the jurisdiction of the English Sovereign, and therefore every child born in England of alien parents was a natural-born subject unless the child of an ambassador or other diplomatic agent of a foreign State or of an alien enemy in hostile occupation of the place where the child was born.
III. The same rule was in force in all the English Colonies upon this continent down to the time of the Declaration of Independence, and in the United States afterwards, and continued to prevail under the Constitution as originally established." (US Supreme Court ruling in the Wong Kim Ark case.)
your first sentence screwed you, only citizens are subject to the jurisdiction, thereof. See, 14t Citizenship Clause.
drinK the hivE

Anonymous Proxy

#122520 Nov 2, 2012
I Guess Going In The Computer Would Be Like The Opt-Out Mode - Yes It's Awesome But The Knowledge That U Could Have Helped Million' Of People With The Money And That Reality And The Future Pass U By Unaware...

http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploa...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_IUYlNU10BMY/Si4hkuW...
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#122521 Nov 2, 2012
Real Change is Coming wrote:
“President Obama has strong support among women and ethnic minorities, but his avowed goal of bringing together all Americans remains only a faint dream. After four years, he has run out of time.”
–The Vancouver Columbian
Great stuff! Thanks!!!
Jacques Ottawa

North York, Canada

#122523 Nov 2, 2012
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>I can see you were a botched abortion, they took your brain and you still lived.
Yep, just an Obotto.
Not very original, "Justice" (ha ha) Dale. I told you that one two days ago and now you recycle it on someone else. You birthers are not exactly the "light bulb" guys now are you?
Jacques Ottawa

North York, Canada

#122524 Nov 2, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice word there jacqazz....."orgasming "???? Still below Neanderthal standards. What's that forehead angle jacqazz? runny stool
At least it's not vulgar or another of your profanities. I don't need to do that, but you SURE do as you have very little vocabulary.
Jacques Ottawa

North York, Canada

#122525 Nov 2, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so full of recycled dog food!
You're picking up vulgar expressions from your bosom buddies LRS and Guru. Not like you, but hell, guess you are nervous.

Btw, I said every prediction of yours was off. And I'm right, every one of them. I would not make Rogue prejudiced predictions, is why I just don't make them. Not this time, or any other time. Wait 'til the 6th. So, who is full or recycled dog food, eh boy?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#122526 Nov 2, 2012
Grand Birther wrote:
Howdiy, birfers, just a friendly reminder the Ronald Reagan campaigned in Iowa the day after the Lebanon attack in 1984.
Would you happen to have a link or are you recycling dog food again?
Jacques Ottawa

North York, Canada

#122527 Nov 2, 2012
Atticus Tiberius Finch wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
The personal opinions of the drafters of the 14th Amendment
were irrelevant into the meaning of the final language of the 14th Amendment.
Justice Scalia reminds us that "We are governed by laws, not by the intentions of legislators. As the Court said in 1844: "The law as it passed is the will of the majority of both houses, and the only mode in which that will is spoken is in the act itself ...." Aldridge v. Williams, 3 How. 9, 24 (emphasis added). But not the least of the defects of legislative history is its indeterminacy. If one were to search for an interpretive technique that, on the whole, was more likely to confuse than to clarify, one could hardly find a more promising candidate than legislative history....
Judge Harold Leventhal used to describe the use of legislative history as the equivalent of entering a crowded cocktail party and looking over the heads of the guests for one's friends. Conroy v. Aniskoff, 507 US 511, 519 (Scalia, J., concurring)
Moreover, "While it is generally true that debates in Congress are not appropriate sources of information from which to discover the meaning of the language of a statute passed by that body. Binns v. United States, 194 US 486 , 495(1904)(internal citation omitted)
Finally, the piece de resistance "By repeated decisions of this court it has come to be well established that the debates in Congress expressive of the views and motives of individual members are not a safe guide, and hence may not be resorted to, in ascertaining the meaning and purpose of the law-making body. Aldridge v. Williams, 3 How. 9, 24; United States v. Union Pacific R.R. Co., 91 U.S. 72, 79; United States v. Trans-Missouri Freight Association, 166 U.S. 290, 318. Duplex Printing Press Co. v. Deering, 254 US 443, 474 (1923)
Want more?
Wait a coupla hours, he's frantically scouring Google for a cut-and-paster reply.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#122528 Nov 2, 2012
...just reported: Romney is leading in OHIO by 3 pts...also taking Virginia and Florida...
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#122529 Nov 2, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
At least it's not vulgar or another of your profanities. I don't need to do that, but you SURE do as you have very little vocabulary.
You just make crap up, don't ya? Yep.
Jacques Ottawa

North York, Canada

#122530 Nov 2, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so triumphant. But check the record, I have never been that. All the time, even when Obama was 6 to 8 pts ahead, I maintained it was too close to call. I stil maitain that and whoever wins will be a surprise to me.
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...you know what is too close to call?...your face and obama's ass.
Look, everyone, what I wrote up there and read LRS's impressive response. THAT is what birthers are. Crass, vulgar and ignorant. Proof is right there.
Jacques Ottawa

North York, Canada

#122531 Nov 2, 2012
loose cannon wrote:
Islamist Watch
Under Sharia Law in Sudann it is illegal for women to wear pants in public.
The penalty: 40 Lashes
Islam 101
One more inane post like this one and you deserve 80 lashes, minimum
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#122532 Nov 2, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a coupla hours, he's frantically scouring Google for a cut-and-paster reply.
...looks like you just described yourself, jackazz!
http://agperm.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/tro...
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#122534 Nov 2, 2012
Polls...

Rassmusen R 50 O 48
Gallup R 52 O 47
Star R 51 O 48

CBS R 17 O 98
NBC R 2 O 164
MSNBC R 0 O 3,000

yep.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min DBWriter 1,115,200
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min Kristy 47,021
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 20 min Frijoles 69,523
PerfettoPerformanc2010 on eBay 24 min BarefootJoe 6
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Mister Tonka 98,348
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 50,046
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Wolverine33 4,743

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]