BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story
Jacques Ottawa

North York, Canada

#122023 Nov 1, 2012
For Rogue, from Wikepedia, as to the construction of that 9th district levee :

In 1965, heavy flooding caused by Hurricane Betsy brought concerns regarding flooding from hurricanes to the forefront. That year Congress passed the Flood Control Act of 1965 which, among other issues, gave authority for design and construction of the flood protection in the New Orleans metropolitan area to the Corps of Engineers subject to cost sharing principles, some of which were waived by later legislation. The local municipalities were charged with maintenance once the projects were completed.

Ref : en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_Hurricane_Ka...
Patriotic Warrior

Danville, KY

#122027 Nov 1, 2012
Obama Is In The Midst Of A Collapse In Michigan

President Barack Obama has seen a once-steady lead in Michigan decline to just 2 points in a recent poll, and Michigan has been thrown into "toss-up" status in the election's final week.

http://www.businessinsider.com/michigan-poll-...

Read some of the comments.
Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

#122029 Nov 1, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
In 1965, heavy flooding caused by Hurricane Betsy brought concerns regarding flooding from hurricanes to the forefront. That year Congress passed the Flood Control Act of 1965 which, among other issues, gave authority for design and construction of the flood protection in the New Orleans metropolitan area to the Corps of Engineers subject to cost sharing principles, some of which were waived by later legislation. The local municipalities were charged with maintenance once the projects were completed.
Ah, good point....except you forgot about Lifer Logic Rule #1

Rule #1:
There is ALWAYS some way to blame a democrat.

...now since LBJ was the pres in 1965, all of the Katrina mess can thus be blamed on him.

See, Lifer Logic always works!!!!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#122030 Nov 1, 2012
When Obama called the Navy Seals to kill Bin Laden they answered the call ...

When the Navy Seals called Obama for help in Libya Obama said "STAND DOWN" ...

huh?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#122031 Nov 1, 2012
Democracy
"Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses".

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#122032 Nov 1, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
Rogue, a bit of rehashing here. It's about Romney and Obama.
In the Romney campaign, where are those "heavy" republicans, like Palin, McCain, GWB, daddy Bush, Jeb Bush, Cheney, Grove, Rice, et al? Absent except Rice at the NRC, and no stumping, no speeches. Are they absent because they cannot in all honesty back him? Or is Romney not wanting to associate with them, thinking they are an embarrasment?
As to the dems, well, you said Carter was not at the DNC , though he's 88 and was last president 32 yrs ago (he did give a closed-circuit talk and publicly backing Obama)but Clinton is there, Kerry is there. You said Powell did not back him, you rejoiced, yet he just did give his blessing, now he's this and that in your book. The Kennedy family, or what's left of it is all for Obama. Even Arnold Schwarzenegger is a closet Obama supporter though he cannot go public. Yet. Thanks, Maria.
Please give us your opinion as to why this is, this Republican estrangement and Democratic closeness.
As a rule, former Republicans avoid politicking after they leave office. Where was Jimmy "The White Peanut Man" Carter at the DNC's Convention? Bill Clinton spoke but The White Peanut Man was nowhere to be seen!!!
Mitt Romney

Chicago, IL

#122033 Nov 1, 2012
Guru wrote:
just reported....electronic voting machines are registering votes for obama if you hit Romney now in several swing states...never the other way around...
radio...
What? I thought Tagg Romney ensured us this wouldn't happen when he bought all the voting machines.

I think you're reading it wrong. Tagg has ensured me that all Obarmy votes go to me.

Tagg knows better. If he louses this up I will smash his face in butter like I used to do when he was a kid and then I will hold him to the ground and cut his hair.

Location hidden

#122034 Nov 1, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
Wellll Jacques, missed this clause, did you???
From your Wiki link: "The local municipalities were charged with maintenance once the projects were completed."
When I worked in N.O. the levee next to the Mississippi was like a golf green with nothing but grass could grow on. But the City levees had TREES growing into the levees and the levees were infested with coypu which seriously weaken the levees!!! The failure of the levees was caused by neglect of the CITY!!! And they still had pumps who's motor's were easily flooded which have now been replaced with FEDERAL Taxpayer dollar$.
From Wiki: The coypu, also known as the river rat, and nutria, is a large, herbivorous, semiaquatic rodent and the only member of the family Myocastoridae. Originally native to subtropical and temperate South America, it has since been introduced to North America, Europe, Asia, and Africa, primarily by fur ranchers.[6] Although it is still valued for its fur in some regions, its destructive feeding and burrowing behaviors make this invasive species a pest throughout most of its range..........
..Coypus live in burrows alongside stretches of water. They feed on river plants, and waste close to 90% of the plant material while feeding on the stems.
When I flew for PHI, out of Venice, LA I would take a Ruger 10/22 to work and if for any reason I could not fly I would patrol the 'company owned ' levee and shoot the bastards. I would also shoot any poisonous snakes as our mechanics worked at night and that was all we needed was a mechanic who was snake bit!
Principal

Chicago, IL

#122035 Nov 1, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is important is the the average stock market correction is 12-18 months and we are now 61 months into this correct and the market is still heading in the wrong direct.
Obama has turned a run-of-the-mill recession into the Great Recession just like FDR turned a run-of-the-mill depression into the Great Depression. Trying to advance a Progressive agenda only slows recovery.
Run-of-the-mill recessions?

Mr. Rogue Scholar 05, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
notjebbush

Tampa, FL

#122036 Nov 1, 2012
mad republicans are mad, obama will win on the 6th, get over it and move on.
notjebbush

Tampa, FL

#122037 Nov 1, 2012
Mitt Romney wrote:
<quoted text>
What? I thought Tagg Romney ensured us this wouldn't happen when he bought all the voting machines.
I think you're reading it wrong. Tagg has ensured me that all Obarmy votes go to me.
Tagg knows better. If he louses this up I will smash his face in butter like I used to do when he was a kid and then I will hold him to the ground and cut his hair.
the people who forcibly cut hair are amish, not mormon, romney is an idiot but please insult him factually or you make the rest of us look bad for hating him legitimately.
Mitt Romney

Chicago, IL

#122038 Nov 1, 2012
notjebbush wrote:
<quoted text>
the people who forcibly cut hair are amish, not mormon, romney is an idiot but please insult him factually or you make the rest of us look bad for hating him legitimately.
Fact: I smashed my sons faces in butter when they were kids.

Fact: I forcibly cut the hair of a classmate because he was gay, in which he later killed himself.

Now that you have been factually corrected, I hope things are cleared up for you.
Grand Birther

Oregon, OH

#122039 Nov 1, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
As a rule, former Republicans avoid politicking after they leave office. Where was Jimmy "The White Peanut Man" Carter at the DNC's Convention? Bill Clinton spoke but The White Peanut Man was nowhere to be seen!!!
Lol, no one wants to see GW Bush or Palin because they're disgraced and represent all that's wrong with the party.

In Rogue Bumpkin's fantasy works they're "avoiding politicking."

Lololololol

Location hidden

#122040 Nov 1, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
The levees around the 9th Ward were built, not by the Army Corps of Engineers, but by the City of N.O. Same goes for the pumps. The City failed to maintain the levees and then the Corps of Engineers got roped in.
Again, we FEDERAL taxpayers have to pay for Liberal mistakes!!!
Oh, on the levee next to the PHI heliport in N.O. was a Corps levee as it protected the Mississippi Rover and it did not fail. Only City levees failed!!! But you blamed Bush for non-federal levees failing!
The mayor of N.O. ignored evacuation recommendation from FEMA and did not start to evacuate until less than 48 hours be for Katrina hit, and the Libtards blamed blamed BUSH.
The mayor of Ocean City, NY ignored Gov. Christie's evacuation order and you Libtards are blaming Christy fore the slow response?!? You Libtards will not blame Obama for the slow response, only Christie (because he is the Republican)!
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the press extensively. Have seen nothing but praise for Christie. Can you give me any references concerning crticism of Christie? Are you peeved, by any chance, because Christie praised Obama's role?
I am absolutely not peeved that Christie gave credit to Obama for his support. But news agencies are not blaming Obama for the slow response like they blamed Bush during Katrina.
Bush avoided N.O. for a week as he knew that every time he arrives anywhere, everything stops. Yet Obama seriously slowed response time to accommodate his dog and pony show.
Oh, I have praised Obama before. Most noted for his use of drones which reduce the risk to our troops yet must cause some terror on our enemies as they never know then they will be the next to get drone!
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#122041 Nov 1, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha, still not calmed down, all enervated, eh? Groggy, but nonetheless standing, glass jaw such an inviting target. But I'll postpone the final blow for now, love to see you sleepwalking-like and stumbling along. Who's a "dumbazzbastard"**(L RS tm reg'd) now?
** just repeating one of your favourite words. Fits you like a glove, so much better on you.
How and why you think this post of yours somehow changes the well-established fact that you are indeed a dumbazzbastard, is beyond any sane person. What it must be like to be lost in a world of delusions on daily basis. I hear a low mumbling......is that you jacqazz? LMAO

Location hidden

#122042 Nov 1, 2012
Oh, at my house I have a 3 and a 5 Kw generator and I keep 100 gallons of gasoline along with the 20 gallons in my boat and 50 gallons in my car and pickup. And that should give me 5-7 days of electricity if the power goes out.
I also have about 50 gallons of drinking water and a 7-10 day supply of food for 3-4 people (30 days if I am by myself).
I also do not worry about looters as they are probably worried about Floridians who usually have enough fire arms to discourage them.
So, if I am caught in a disaster, I should be able to take care of myself! But I will still help my neighbors!

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#122043 Nov 1, 2012
Here's the truth about the butter. But don't expect the Obamabots to tell the truth since they are jackasses.

&fe ature=related
Grand Birther

Oregon, OH

#122045 Nov 1, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
The levees around the 9th Ward were built, not by the Army Corps of Engineers, but by the City of N.O. Same goes for the pumps. The City failed to maintain the levees and then the Corps of Engineers got roped in.
Oh, on the levee next to the PHI heliport in N.O. was a Corps levee as it protected the Mississippi Rover and it did not fail. Only City levees failed!!! But you blamed Bush for non-federal levees failing!
The mayor of N.O. ignored evacuation recommendation from FEMA and did not start to evacuate until less than 48 hours be for Katrina hit, and the Libtards blamed blamed BUSH.
The mayor of Ocean City, NY ignored Gov. Christie's evacuation order and you Libtards are blaming Christy fore the slow response?!? You Libtards will not blame Obama for the slow response, only Christie (because he is the Republican)!
<quoted text>
I am absolutely not peeved that Christie gave credit to Obama for his support. But news agencies are not blaming Obama for the slow response like they blamed Bush during Katrina.
Bush avoided N.O. for a week as he knew that every time he arrives anywhere, everything stops. Yet Obama seriously slowed response time to accommodate his dog and pony show.
Oh, I have praised Obama before. Most noted for his use of drones which reduce the risk to our troops yet must cause some terror on our enemies as they never know then they will be the next to get drone!
This is complete and utter horseshit. Rogue Moron, when confronted with having to praise Obama, would rather just make stuff up, as is his wont and normal MO.

Too bad for Rogue Moron conservatives were criticizing Obama BEFORE the storm even hit for declaring an emergency. What doing so allowed for was for federal money to flow where it was needed, and for emergency managment services to pre-stage and plan BEFORE the disaster, rather unlike Bush. Cons like Rogue Bumpkin's betters were criticizing Obama for pre-empitvely helping as if it were vote buying.

Now clowns like Rogue Moron are simply making up their own version rather than just acknowledging a job well done.

Too bad for Rogue Moron mainstream conservatives are already blaimg Christie for even daring to be seen with Obama and blaming the storm for swamping Mitt's "momentum."

Rush Limbaugh yesterday -- "He’s fat and a fool. Don’t listen to Governor Christie. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about.”

Daily Caller -- Chris Christie is "a prop for Obama’s re-election." http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/31/whats-chris...

And who can forget the Drudge headline "Obama to campaign in NJ -- with Christie"
Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

#122046 Nov 1, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
That's because the support from the White House was immediate....unlike Bushit.
Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

#122047 Nov 1, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
'As a rule'...what bs!!!!

What you really mean is that GW Bushit was such a total failure that even his own party didn't want him around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Yeah 1,114,992
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 29 min Patriot AKA Bozo 46,990
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 34 min PEllen 98,344
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr On Again Off Again 50,020
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Eric 69,484
A short math question. I will reply with answer... 2 hr Whats the Bulb An... 8
Rattlesnake Logic 2 hr HomeGrownTerrorism 3

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]