BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#118249 Oct 17, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
The British then close their embassy and the Red Cross closes it's offices and Obama thinks it is wise to keep our UNarmed people there?
There were five DSS agents present. Rouge ASSUMES they were unarmed. It's one thing to say security was inadequate but quite another to say they were "UNarmed". There were also armed Libyan agents present.
Grand Birther

Brooklyn, NY

#118250 Oct 17, 2012
Butthurt Loser wrote:
<quoted text>
Bladder Drip! First, guess you missed where I said I'm quite satisfied with my understanding of what constitutes a citizen and what doesn't. I'M GOOD! If you're not, that's your problem. Try reading with an open mind. Considering how you keep dwelling on welfare, one can only assume that you rely on it. Wait out by the mailbox often? Second, angry? Are you kidding? You're entertaining at best, nothing more. You're the star in a three ring circus. I mean you're like Larry, Moe and Curly all rolled into one. HILARIOUS pigeon
Welfare Boy, no one is asking whether you're satisfied with what constitutes a citizen. Theres no need to shirk the question. You merely have to support your flawed understanding with case law.

And don't worry, Welfare Boy, I believe you. ;) PLENTY of satisfied people spend 16 hours a day on Topix trying to troll people.

BWAHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#118251 Oct 17, 2012
Terri Tanna wrote:
<quoted text>
"YES -- but what about the United States stock market? That is doing well also."
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
The United States does not have a stock market? Have you ever heard of the New York Stock Exchange?
====
Terri Tanna wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again your lack of education precluded from understanding the topic under discussion.
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
The question is what does the DJIA have to do with the equity markets of the United States of America?
Tootsie, your question was very clear and my answer was very specific.
Mean what you says and say what you mean!
Terri Tanna wrote:
Why do you avoid explaining what the DJIA has to do with the equity markets?
Can you explain the GLARING statistical FLAW in the DJIA? Have you ever studied Statistics?
Don't change the subject Tootsie. There is NO United States stock market!!!
Say what you mean and mean what you say.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#118252 Oct 17, 2012
Terri Tanna wrote:
<quoted text>
EXCELLENT POST.
And Lord, please reveal the basics of macroeconomics to Mssrs. Romney and Ryan who embarrass those of us who a true free market conservative Republicans by their complete lack of understanding of Economics and everything that has to do with a prosperous economic system.
It is not the fault of Mssrs. Romney and Ryan that they have NEVER studied Economics in a serious setting. They should be pitied for their abysmal ignorance rather than being scorned for their lack of education.
slEasy Bake, you embarrass the entire Internet! Yep, people worldwide are embarrassed by you. Pathetic excuse for a human. BTW, under your avatar you can just leave off everything after "The Farm". What a waste of oxygen you are. Tick tock, the well is running dry. foolish pigeon
Grand Birther

Brooklyn, NY

#118253 Oct 17, 2012
American Lady wrote:
Results: Who do you think won the second presidential debate?
Mitt Romney
67.08%
Barack Obama
32.92%
Total Responses - 884
Unamerican Lunch Lady, you neglected to post the poll's methodology.

Was it a voluntary response poll?

“SAVING BIRTHERS FROM IGNORANCE”

Since: Jul 09

The Farm North of Hinsdale

#118254 Oct 17, 2012
TaxNoMore wrote:
U.S. homes surged in September to its fastest pace in more than four years.
Why not three years?
Why not two years?
Why not five years?
Why not 10 years?
"U.S. homes [did not] surge" as you have written. The article stated that "[g]roundbreaking on new U.S. homes" surged.
If you are familiar with the most basic concept in Economics -- that The Market allocates scarce resources -- you would understand that the allocation has been to the greatest WEALTH CREATION in the entire history of the world by the > 121% increase in the equity markets during the past 3-3/4 years. That is why home values are "only" up 25% since the bottom of the Bush housing debacle in January 2009. Of course, with leverage the real return is closer to that same 120%. You can't fool The Market.

Location hidden

#118255 Oct 17, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
And I am sure you give Obama credit for that too!
Terri Tanna wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not my article. I'm just passing it on for anyone's comments.
Then whom do you give the housing market credit to? Our population has gone up about 10 million since 2008 sooooo maybe, just maybe, people are starting to run out of old homes so they are building new one to accommodate the growing population. In other words, supply and demand .... which had nothing to do with anything Obama has done.
Grand Birther

Brooklyn, NY

#118256 Oct 17, 2012
Abdul the camel jockey wrote:
End the Bush Era.
Vote Obama out!
But, if Obama is by chance reelected,
who is he going to blame the economy on?
Rogue Moron, does the US economy work in four year cycles?

#118257 Oct 17, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Tell us, would you work i you knew that all the work you were doing would all go to someone else?
Yours is a common statement made by those without education -- often people with a great deal of wealth. That is why professionals in the major firms are paid $1,000/hr. and more.
We always told our clients your statement is true, but only when the effective tax rate is 100%. At this moment the federal marginal income tax rate for working-class families is 15%-- the lowest it has ever been since the implementation of the XVIth. Only those who are not wealthy subscribe to the MYTH that current federal marginal tax rates are high, because that is what they read in the press. People who have real wealth are very happy with today's rate schedule, because they know how good it is compared to the Reagan era of high taxes, high unemployment, high inflation, the lowest creditworthiness for the United States in its history, and low stock market gains due the policies of the least-educated president in the history of the United States.

Location hidden

#118258 Oct 17, 2012
American Lady wrote:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
Terri Tanna wrote:
<quoted text>
As conservatives, we do not believe in change. Please post for the Class the words of the ORIGINAL and more authentic Pledge of Allegiance. Thank you.
You mean you are giving credit to the progressives for getting us out of the horse and buggies? You do know that if it were not for GUNS, there would never had been an industrial revolution, don't you?
Yep, metallurgy and machine tools are revolved around firearms! And the very first assembly line was not Henry Fords auto production but it was the Springfield Armory!
Yep, the old British Brown Bess did not have interchangeable parts and each had to be hand fitted but our Springfield muscats had parts that could be switched from rifle to rifle. In fact before the War of 1812 we had a trade group go to England with Ten Springfield rifles, dissembled them on a table, mixed up all the parts and reassembled them and the Brits went bonkers.

Location hidden

#118260 Oct 17, 2012
By the way, if you ever visit the U.S. Constitution in Boston Harbor, not the Crowns on the naval artillery. You see, prior to about 1800 we could not make our own artillery so Britain sold us out first canons in the 1790's.
Yep, all our new warships built before 1800 had new British canons on them.

#118261 Oct 17, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
a Class-A CDL test is only administered in ENGLISH.
The CDL test (which is no longer written but taken on a computer just as the tests for the Series Seven, real estate sales and brokers licenses, etc.) prompts on the very first screen whether the test taker wishes the questions en Espanol or in English.

Location hidden

#118262 Oct 17, 2012
We inticially could not afford to build "ships-of-the-line" so we built two small and two large frigates and then we built two super frigates which were larger than any European frigate albeit smaller than most three-four deck ships-of-the-line.
But they were as fast and as maneuverable as a British frigate but we could out gun them. And that is why the USS Constitution and Constellation were never defeated ... but the USS Chesapeake lost it's one battle and was captured.

USS Chesapeake
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Chesapeake_ (1799)

#118263 Oct 17, 2012
Terri Tanna wrote:
"Tell the Class exactly what books, law review articles, and learned treatises you have read. What in your opinion is the most on point treatise with respect to this topic? Thank you."
====
LRS wrote:
Sorry, business model first.
Then do you promise to state for the Class "exactly what books, law review articles, and learned treatises you have read?"
Grand Birther

Brooklyn, NY

#118264 Oct 17, 2012
SHEEPLE Buster wrote:
Taxpayers spent $1.4B on Obama family in 2011?
This is unfathomable for a Nation that is running deficits.
Kentucky Klown, can you please post a link to a primary source that verifies the above?

Thanks in advance.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#118266 Oct 17, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
This is Wade Hicks from Gulfport, MS. He has no arrest record and recently applied for, and received, a concealed carry weapon permit for his state. He is married to an Navy Lieutenant station in Okinawa. He is now stuck in Hawaii on the 'No Fly'!!!
Wade Hicks Jr speaking at july 4th tea party Bay St. Louis MS part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6CEIGB36snwXX
This is what is happening to honest citizens who dare speak out against Obama;
“Sir, you must come with us”
http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/arti...
You forgot to mention that he belongs to a vehement anti-government white supremacist organization.

Yeah right, "just a normal guy" on the no-fly list.

LOL.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#118268 Oct 17, 2012
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Naïve play law doesn't count. Operation of foreign law has no force or effect in the US and it most certainly cannot interfere with birthright citizenship in this country for a person born here.
Birthright citizenship in the US does not "strip away" citizenship by descent in a foreign country. Such a person is free to go to the consulate of the foreign country in which he holds citizenship apply for a passport and use it anywhere, except in the US.
The birfoon, on the contrary, believes that the US is not a sovereign nation as operation of foreign law should void birthright US citizenship. Ludicrous.
<><><>< ><><><> <><><>< ><><><>
Suppose a German man and Irish woman have a child while residing in New York? According to US law the child is a US citizen. According to German law, she is a German citizen, and according to Irish law, she is an Irish citizen. She is entitled to passports from all three countries. None of the countries may invalidate her citizenship in any other country.
Does the birfoon think that Ireland by issuing a passport recognizing her Irish citizenship "strips away" her German citizenship? Does the birfoon think that Germany similarly "strips away" her Irish citizenship? meanwhile the birfoon believes Germany may invalidate her US citizenship.
Just plain crazy.
Grow up.
<quoted text>
you proved my point, Puss!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#118269 Oct 17, 2012
Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>
Unamerican Lunch Lady, you neglected to post the poll's methodology.
Was it a voluntary response poll?
Nah....
Some they held a gun to their heads ...
Some they just twisted their arms ...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#118270 Oct 17, 2012
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad the birfoon does not comprehend the passages he has pasted. All three, Bingham, Trumbull, and Howard consistently adhered to the jus soli doctrine and clearly stated so. All three understood ordinary aliens in the US to owe allegiance, albeit temporary, to the United States, and that only certain excepted classes of individuals, such as foreign ambassadors and their families, were not considered under the COMPLETE jurisdiction of the United States while within limits of this country. Ordinary aliens in the US OWE allegiance to the US until they return to their home country.
That is the law as it was and still is. Make believe law doesn't count.
<quoted text>
Sorry Wojar, but the people who's opinions actually matter say you are an idiot:
Senator Jacob Howard (Aided in drafting the 14th Amendment)
"The first amendment is to section one, declaring that all "persons born in the United States and Subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the States wherein they reside. I do not propose to say anything on that subject except that the question of citizenship has been fully discussed in this body as not to need any further elucidation, in my opinion. This amendment which I have offered is simply declaratory of what I regard as the law of the land already, that every person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons. It settles the great question of citizenship and removes all doubt as to what persons are or are not citizens of the United States. This has long been a great desideratum in the jurisprudence and legislation of this country."
Senator Lymann Trumbull (chairman judiciary committee)replies:
"[T]he provision is, that 'all persons born in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens.' That means 'subject to the complete jurisdiction thereof.' What do we mean by 'complete jurisdiction thereof?' Not owing allegiance to anybody else. That is what it means."
Senator Jacob Howard concurs:
" I concur entirely with the honorable Senator from Illinois [Trumbull], in holding that the word "jurisdiction," as here employed, ought to be construed so as to imply a full and complete jurisdiction on the part of the United States, whether exercised by Congress, by the executive, or by the judicial department; that is to say, the same jurisdiction in extent and quality as applies to every citizen of the United States now."
Rep. John Bingham (Considered the father of the 14th Amendment) States:
"[I] find no fault with the introductory clause [S 61 Bill], which is simply declaratory of what is written in the Constitution, that every human being born within the jurisdiction of the United States of parents not owing allegiance to any foreign sovereignty is, in the language of your Constitution itself, a natural born citizen"
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#118271 Oct 17, 2012
Justus Liebig wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly child, the US government cannot "strip away" the citizenship of any other nation, not even through naturalization in the US. Renunciation of citizenship is between the individual and the foreign government whose citizenship is renounced. If the foreign government does not accept renunciation, then the person naturalized is a dual citizen, i.e., recognized a citizen by both countries.
Main article: Oath of Allegiance (United States)

The United States Oath of Allegiance (officially referred to as the "Oath of Allegiance," 8 C.F.R. Part 337 (2008)) is an oath that must be taken by all immigrants who wish to become United States citizens..
I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform :noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min alpha beans 1,154,407
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 30 min Cheech the Conser... 49,244
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 48 min Deputy Dog 98,857
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 52 min JOEL 71,130
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 1 hr Le Jimbo 20
Abby 12-22 1 hr cheluzal 3
Amy 12-22 1 hr cheluzal 8
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:03 am PST

NBC Sports 1:03AM
Romo, Cowboys are in after 42-7 rout of Colts - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:46 AM
Can Hamilton Fix Colts Offense for Playoff Run?
NBC Sports 8:09 AM
Marc Trestman: We'll talk about whether Jimmy Clausen starts again
NFL 8:57 AM
Dominic Raiola says Ferguson stomp was unintentional
NBC Sports10:07 AM
Robbie Gould questions benching of Jay Cutler