BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story
Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

#117885 Oct 16, 2012
News Flash...

Lifer knows TWO Mormons and has milk and cookies with another pair. This proves that the Lifer is an expert on all things Mormon.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#117886 Oct 16, 2012
Johannes wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, the Lifer is stretching...
Hey, Thomas, the Boy Scouts have just released their 'pervert' files. Will we find your name among the files?
How do you feel about muslim men?
Jacqus Ottawa

North York, Canada

#117887 Oct 16, 2012
Siouxweety wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no determination for illegals!
They are deported right away.
Canadians have an identification card which denotes they are citizens.
Any illegal caught without it, is automatically deported.
They are not allowed back in the country without a citizenship card.
That is the legal way of doing it.
There are many people from India, Africa and Middle Eastern countries that think they can easily gain entrance into the USA by going through Canada, but a monkey wrench is thrown into their plans once they are caught without a citizenship card.
Wow Jock, you claim you know more about the USA than we do.
Well, I just proved that I know more about Canada than you do.
The American healthcare system is the best in the entire world.
It only became apparent to cry babies that it was supposedly bad.
The gubbermint is expected to pay for everything the freeloaders want, but the morons don't understand. It's not free!
Someone pays for it.
Anthing you get from the government is something that someone paid for.
I'd rather pay for my own things, thank you.
Please, stay in Canada.
See above : "Canadians have an identification card which denotes they are citizens."

If we were born Canadian citizens, we DO NOT HAVE A CITIZENSHIP card or any kind of government-issued I.D. card. But you said "Canadians", no? See above, I just quoted you.

Again, let me explain how it works :

1. There are no Canadian I.D. cards. So, your statement, to wit, "Canadians have an identification card which denotes they are citizens" is incorrect;

2. Canadians, like Americans, NEED proof of birth in country which, except for diplomats, automatically confers Canadian citizenship, to apply for a passport, social security, etc. But they don't carry it around with them, they don't want to lose it, too much red tape to get a new one. And, like the US, the cops canNOT ask your for I.D., any I.D., unless you've broken the law or under suspicion of having done so;

3. An immigrant lands in Canada. He is legal. He is issued a landed immigrant visa card which regulates his status in Canada. He needs it to apply for universal health care, perhaps when applying for a driver's license and to visit another country, paired to his/her passport of country where he/she originates;

4. When landed immigrant, after 3 years' residence, applies and is granted citizenship, he/she is given the certificate (not accepted as proof of citizenship to obtain ppt or documents) AND a citizenship card which is utilized to obtain ppt and other official stuff. As said before, it takes the place of a birth certificate as that person was not born in Canada. That card need not be carried by holder any more than YOU have to carry your birth certificate around . It is NOT an I.D. card and when travelling outside Canada, he/she will use his/her passport, the citizenship card can safely stay at home.

5. Again, I will not name-call you or throw cheap insults around. Do you get it now?

PS : Oh, you also said that your Canadian expert friend figured you would not want our socialized health care system in the U.S. When you see him next, would you mention that survey that says 90% of Canadians approve of their universal health care? Same for over 400 million in Europe. Oops, are they all wrong? Are they all lying?

PPS: LIES. That word is always on the tip of your tongue. When you were growing up, were you often accused of lying? Has that stuck with you? I ask, simply because any thing you hear from your detractors seems to be a lie to you. So much so that I suppose the weatherman never errs when he forecasts the weather incorrectly. I can just hear you : "Damn weatherman, he said it'd be sunny today and it's cloudy. He lied again". Is that how it goes? Someone can at at times be wrong, Sioux, doesn't mean they lied. Like you, you were wrong on this I.D. thing. Did I accuse you of lying? No, you were just wrong, is all. Same for universal health care. Wrong.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#117889 Oct 16, 2012
STOP NAFTA!

October 1993

Once again, libertarians and conservatives are being played for suckers. And once again, free-market think-tanks and alleged devotees of "free trade" are serving as point-men and front-men for a sinister centrist Establishment whose devotion to freedom and free trade is somewhat akin to Leonid Brezhnev's. The last time that "free market economists" played such a repugnant role was in the 1986 "tax reform," engineered by Jacobin egalitarian economists in the name of "fairness," "equality," and free markets.(Tip: genuine free markets have nothing to do with "equality," and nothing whatever to do with modern leftist notions of "fairness.") The "social compact" devised by the 1986 Republican Jacobins was to cut upper income tax rates in exchange for "closing the loopholes," "broadening the tax base," and thereby keeping everything "revenue neutral." (Query: what's so great about keeping tax revenues up, the eternal aim of supply siders? Why not drastically lower tax rates and tax revenues? Isn't that the real free-market position?)

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/ir/Ch20.h...
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#117890 Oct 16, 2012
Johannes wrote:
<quoted text>
I know more history that you because:
1) I graduated high school....you didn't
2) I graduated college...you didn't
3) I graduated grad school...you didn't
4) I have a library of over 6000 books...you don't
5) I read whenever possible...you don't
6) I'm intelligent...you're not
7) I understand what I read....you don't
8) I understand the history and the impact....you don't
HaHaHaHaHaHa!!!! How petty and immature of you, pops! LMAO!!!!!
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#117891 Oct 16, 2012
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The words "and not subject to any foreign power" do not appear in the 14th Amendment. Only "subject to the jurisdiction", and that the US Supreme Court has ruled six to two (one not voting) refers to being born within the territory of the USA (except for the children of foreign diplomats).
the 14th is the Civil Rights Act.
You can't be "subject to the jurisdiction, thereof" if you are subject to any foreign power.
Sorry, well known fact, the US Constitution is the jurisdiction,thereof.
At the moment of birth Obama was a citizen of his father' nation, fact.
The US government does not have he authority to strip citizenship from anyone, unless they request naturalization, Obama has never requested such.
Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

#117892 Oct 16, 2012
Siouxweety wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you feel about muslim men?
How do you feel about dog dicks?
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#117893 Oct 16, 2012
Johannes wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you feel about dog dicks?
Pops, going through life as a drunk, dumbazz crackhead is no way to live.
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

#117894 Oct 16, 2012
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>the 14th is the Civil Rights Act.
You can't be "subject to the jurisdiction, thereof" if you are subject to any foreign power.
Sorry, well known fact, the US Constitution is the jurisdiction,thereof.
At the moment of birth Obama was a citizen of his father' nation, fact.
The US government does not have he authority to strip citizenship from anyone, unless they request naturalization, Obama has never requested such.
Re: "the 14th is the Civil Rights Act."

Answer: NO, it is not.

Re: "You can't be "subject to the jurisdiction, thereof" if you are subject to any foreign power."

Answer. Since everyone who is in the USA except for foreign diplomats is subject to the jurisdiction, people who are foreigners visiting our country and both legal and illegal aliens are just as subject to the jurisdiction as US citizens.

Re: "Sorry, well known fact, the US Constitution is the jurisdiction,thereof."

Answer: Just because you say it does not make it a "well known fact." The fact is that the US Supreme Court RULED (and it is the final authority, not you) that every child born in the USA except for the children of foreign diplomats is a NATURAL BORN US CITIZEN.

Re: At the moment of birth Obama was a citizen of his father' nation, fact."

Answer. Partial fact. At the time of birth Obama was a dual citizen, as were Woodrow Wilson and Dwight D. Eisenhower at the moment of birth. And not only children born in the USA who have dual citizenship Natural Born Citizens, but EVERY child born in the USA except for the children of foreign diplomats are Natural Born Citizens.

Re: "The US government does not have he authority to strip citizenship from anyone, unless they request naturalization, Obama has never requested such. "

Answer: Since he was born in the USA he is a Natural Born Citizen regardless of the fact that he was a dual citizen at one time. That has lapsed, but even if it did not, he would still be a Natural Born US citizen, as would BTW, both Jindal and Rubio.

That is what seven state courts and one federal court have ruled specifically on Obama, and the US Supreme Court turned down the birther appeals of one of those cases, leaving the ruling standing. The appealed case had stated that "every child born in the USA is a Natural Born Citizen." The US Supreme Court turned down the appeal. The lower court ruling STANDS.
Jacqus Ottawa

North York, Canada

#117895 Oct 16, 2012
American Lady wrote:
STOP NAFTA!
October 1993
Once again, libertarians and conservatives are being played for suckers. And once again, free-market think-tanks and alleged devotees of "free trade" are serving as point-men and front-men for a sinister centrist Establishment whose devotion to freedom and free trade is somewhat akin to Leonid Brezhnev's. The last time that "free market economists" played such a repugnant role was in the 1986 "tax reform," engineered by Jacobin egalitarian economists in the name of "fairness," "equality," and free markets.(Tip: genuine free markets have nothing to do with "equality," and nothing whatever to do with modern leftist notions of "fairness.") The "social compact" devised by the 1986 Republican Jacobins was to cut upper income tax rates in exchange for "closing the loopholes," "broadening the tax base," and thereby keeping everything "revenue neutral." (Query: what's so great about keeping tax revenues up, the eternal aim of supply siders? Why not drastically lower tax rates and tax revenues? Isn't that the real free-market position?)
http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/ir/Ch20.h...
This is absolutely incredible, American er hmm Lady. You definitely do not understand ONE single sentence, maybe a few words, that'sit, of what you have just cut and pasted. Don't you even care that people here KNOW you are totally incapable of reading and then comprehending what you foisted on poor captive Topix posters?

Do you even know what "Jacobin" means? The origin of the word? Will you at the very least google it? Can you pronounce it? It's French. Ohhhhh, must be a bad word if it's French, probably a kind of unholy sexual conotation.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#117896 Oct 16, 2012
I have heard this from several different angles to include Fox News. I have never heard of Obama take responsible for anything that was a negative so why should he start now? Will Obama finally discover humility? It is hard to teach an old dog new tricks. I guess we will just have to find out this evening.

Did Hillary Clinton Setup Obama for Tonight’s Debate?
posted on October 16, 2012 by Gary DeMar

Read more: http://godfatherpolitics.com/7530/did-hillary...

Location hidden

#117897 Oct 16, 2012
Johannes wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not live in Kaliphonia....in fact I know of no Kaliphonia.....is it near Birtherville?
Yes, Kaliphonia is full of birthers. Does that bother you?
Grand Birther

Brooklyn, NY

#117898 Oct 16, 2012
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
It is not Muslims who I dislike.
It is Islam which has aroused my ire and displeasure.
loose
Set representing the number of people who care if an anonymous nobody's "ire and displeasure" are aroused.

{null}

Location hidden

#117899 Oct 16, 2012
Johannes wrote:
<quoted text>
I know more history that you because:
1) I graduated high school....you didn't
2) I graduated college...you didn't
3) I graduated grad school...you didn't
4) I have a library of over 6000 books...you don't
5) I read whenever possible...you don't
6) I'm intelligent...you're not
7) I understand what I read....you don't
8) I understand the history and the impact....you don't
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
HaHaHaHaHaHa!!!! How petty and immature of you, pops! LMAO!!!!!
I define people like as as Intellectual Idiots. A high IQ but a room temperature CQ! I wonder if he can walk and text at the same time without walking into something?
Me, I am smart enough to stop while I text!

Location hidden

#117900 Oct 16, 2012
Johannes wrote:
News Flash...
Lifer knows TWO Mormons and has milk and cookies with another pair. This proves that the Lifer is an expert on all things Mormon.
And you shut yourself in from anyone who does not think like you. Rush is right, Libtards can not talk for more than a few seconds without making a disparaging comment.
Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

#117902 Oct 16, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Pops, going through life as a drunk, dumbazz crackhead is no way to live.
So off yourself. LMAO
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#117903 Oct 16, 2012
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Re: "the 14th is the Civil Rights Act."
Answer: NO, it is not.
Re: "You can't be "subject to the jurisdiction, thereof" if you are subject to any foreign power."
Answer. Since everyone who is in the USA except for foreign diplomats is subject to the jurisdiction, people who are foreigners visiting our country and both legal and illegal aliens are just as subject to the jurisdiction as US citizens.
Re: "Sorry, well known fact, the US Constitution is the jurisdiction,thereof."
Answer: Just because you say it does not make it a "well known fact." The fact is that the US Supreme Court RULED (and it is the final authority, not you) that every child born in the USA except for the children of foreign diplomats is a NATURAL BORN US CITIZEN.
Re: At the moment of birth Obama was a citizen of his father' nation, fact."
Answer. Partial fact. At the time of birth Obama was a dual citizen, as were Woodrow Wilson and Dwight D. Eisenhower at the moment of birth. And not only children born in the USA who have dual citizenship Natural Born Citizens, but EVERY child born in the USA except for the children of foreign diplomats are Natural Born Citizens.
Re: "The US government does not have he authority to strip citizenship from anyone, unless they request naturalization, Obama has never requested such. "
Answer: Since he was born in the USA he is a Natural Born Citizen regardless of the fact that he was a dual citizen at one time. That has lapsed, but even if it did not, he would still be a Natural Born US citizen, as would BTW, both Jindal and Rubio.
That is what seven state courts and one federal court have ruled specifically on Obama, and the US Supreme Court turned down the birther appeals of one of those cases, leaving the ruling standing. The appealed case had stated that "every child born in the USA is a Natural Born Citizen." The US Supreme Court turned down the appeal. The lower court ruling STANDS.
No such thing as lapsed, he has always been a citizen of his father's country. He has never been a dual-citizen, our constitution does not allow that status. He has never requested naturalization, this would indicate he is an alien.
Aliens have never been subject to the jurisdiction of the US Constitution, this would put them on the same footing as a citizen, and we all know they are not.
So, you think the 14th isn't the Civil Rights Act, you better read your history again of the 14th.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#117904 Oct 16, 2012
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And so, of course, are Christian Scientists. Also, the Amish and Scientologists.
But not Christians-Jews-Catholic-athei sts and the majority of Americans.
Ever hear of Equal protection under the law?
Jim Crow laws?
Uncle Tom?

Location hidden

#117905 Oct 16, 2012
Yep, and Reverent. Do you know what that means? You do not seem very reverent towards Mormons!

A Scout is Trustworthy.
A Scout tells the truth. He is honest, and he keeps his promises. People can depend on him.
A Scout is Loyal.
A Scout is true to his family, friends, Scout leaders, school, and nation.
A Scout is Helpful.
A Scout cares about other people. He willingly volunteers to help others without expecting payment or reward.
A Scout is Friendly.
A Scout is a friend to all. He is a brother to other Scouts. He offers his friendship to people of all races and nations, and respects them even if their beliefs and customs are different from his own.
A Scout is Courteous.
A Scout is polite to everyone regardless of age or position. He knows that using good manners makes it easier for people to get along.
A Scout is Kind.
A Scout knows there is strength in being gentle. He treats others as he wants to be treated. Without good reason, he does not harm or kill any living thing.
A Scout is Obedient.
A Scout follows the rules of his family, school, and troop. He obeys the laws of his community and country. If he thinks these rules and laws are unfair, he tries to have them changed in an orderly manner rather than disobeying them.
A Scout is Cheerful.
A Scout looks for the bright side of life. He cheerfully does tasks that come his way. He tries to make others happy.
A Scout is Thrifty.
A Scout works to pay his own way and to help others. He saves for the future. He protects and conserves natural resources. He carefully uses time and property.
A Scout is Brave.
A Scout can face danger although he is afraid. He has the courage to stand for what he thinks is right even if others laugh at him or threaten him.
A Scout is Clean.
A Scout keeps his body and mind fit and clean. He chooses the company of those who live by high standards. He helps keep his home and community clean.
A Scout is Reverent.
A Scout is reverent toward God. He is faithful in his religious duties. He respects the beliefs of others.
Johannes wrote:
News Flash...
You do not sound very reverent toward Mormons.
Jacqus Ottawa

North York, Canada

#117906 Oct 16, 2012
FOR ROGUE

From Reuters,(that leftist Canadian news service)

WORLDWIDE HEAT RECORD TIED IN SEPTEMBER : REPORT

HOTTEST MONTH SINCE 1880

By Deborah Zabarenko

Datelined Washington.

Last month tied for the warmest September in the global modern record, scientists at the U.S. govt's National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration reported on Monday.

This September tied with the same month in 2005 for the record. The land-and-sea global average temperature was 15.67 Celsius, or 0.67C above the 20th century average. In addition to being hottest since 1880, the month was the 36th consecutive September and 331st consecutive month with a global temperature above the 20th century average. The last time September temperatures were below that average was 1976,and the last time any month was below that average was February 1985, NOAA scientists said in a statement.

Western Canada, Central Russia,Southern Greenland, Japan, western Australia, northern Argentina and Paraguay had higher-than-normal temperatures in September, while eastern Russia, western Alaska, southern Africa, much of China and parts of the Upper Midwest and Southeast U.S. were notably below average.

"The irony of this is that we (in the U.S.) finally did get a little relief from breaking and threatening heat records for months," said Deke Arndt, chief of climate monitoring at NOAA's National Climatic Date Center. "The thing is, the U.S. takes up about two per cent of the globe," he said.

"The Arctic is plumbing new depths, completely leaving the rest of the record behind...there kind of aren't enough superlatives to describe what has gone on there over the last five or six years."

Conditions in the Arctic are important, since the Arctic is sometimes called the "Earth's air conditioner" for its ability to influence weather around the globe. Reuters.

Well, I can't discuss world weather trends, not qualified. But I can read.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 7 min _Zoey_ 4,729
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 8 min _Zoey_ 4,720
Chicago abandons plan to name high school after... 10 min Northern Lights 5
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min John Galt 1,110,483
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 28 min mahz 49,894
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 34 min SolomonKane 46,798
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 57 min Perry Mason 98,241
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE