BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Comments (Page 5,222)

Showing posts 104,421 - 104,440 of167,751
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Was Omama's father a foreigner?
Indubitably, the President's father was not eligible for the Presidency of this country.
Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, the court in Ark destroyed this silly argument, Barfer Girks.
Moreover, colloquy is INADMISSIBLE.
Not only are you WONG, you're arguing the LOSING side again. It's been settled for over 100 years.
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps the first most important thing to understand about national birthright is that there was no national birthright rule until the year 1866. One will look in vain to find any national law on the subject prior to this year, or even any mention of the right to citizenship by birth under the United States Constitution.
That is correct. There was no national citizenship law until the 14th Amendment.

But the term Natural Born was being used at the time that the Constitution was written, and in the USA it was always used in the same way that the common law used it, to refer to the PLACE of birth, not to the citizenship of the parents.

As a result some classes of people were not allowed to be citizens, such as slaves and Indians. But when the law was changed to allow them to become citizens at birth those of them who were born in the USA automatically became Natural Born Citizens.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Johannes wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are a LIAR.....
1) there is no proof of such
2) you never posted anything
3) you only post lies
You posted crap....I found the truth....you made yourself look like the liar and birther fool you are.
Hmmm, I don't know Pops, from my vantage point you're looking pretty damn silly.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Indubitably, the President's father was not eligible for the Presidency of this country.
<quoted text>
Then neither is his son. Thank you.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

TaTa flappers. Keepa flappin' dem gums now, ya heer? LMAO
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Siouxweety wrote:
<quoted text>
Especially since her bread isn't baked.
LRS and Sioux, ahhhh, the "gray matter" of the birther clan. Why do those two schoolyard bullies harass Terri with verbal abuse? Could it be because she's smarter and so much more knowledgeable? YES. They can't stand it. So they bully because this is what bully losers do.

Must be tough on you two. At this rate, and if you both resent anyone with more intelligencde, you'll have to bully almost all living creatures.

Oh, Sioux, sorry to bother you, but what have you found out about Canadian I.D. cards? Darn it, also, did you get my post where it says, with evidence attached, of course, that 90% of Canadians are happy with our health care system? Btw, do you think that 90% of Americans are satisfied with the way health care is run in the U.S.? 90%? No? Why? Were they even happier before Obamacare? Let's hear you on this, thank you.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Hey liberals.
Do you really not understand why the Obama campaign is in a death spiral?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

"Stuff's gettin better"
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>
Barfer Girks, it looks like you cannot effectively advocate for the losing side in Ark. How does it feel to be a loser at losing?
Er, would that not be winners at losing? They're the all-time champs, no? Lost against both houses of congress, the Bush family, the Supreme Court, all governors, all state legislatures, McCain, Palin, Grove, Rumsfeld, Dick "shoot me in the face" Cheney etc. And not to mention 162-0 in the courts - damn communists, all of them.
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I was assuming you had the intellect of a dust mite and could see it was a hypothetical situation (for now).
To me, hypothetical, to you, pure reality. We have a saying in "French", namely "tu rêves en couleur", or, "You dream in technicolour".(loosely translated, as sayings don't travel well in other tongues).
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

President Starky wrote:
Johanne is slow.
Missed my post proving that muslims are exempt from Obamacare.
Go back and look.
Same trick that LRS pulls regularly. "Go back and look.", he says always. Then, you ask "where, what date, when, what post number"? And reply comes right back, "look for it yourself if you're so smart, I don't have time". "But you didn't write such a post". And then, the finale, and oh, it even beats Catch 22 "Prove I DIDN'T write it."

Yes, folks, he can't prove he wrote it, but he wants the other guy to prove HE DIDN'T WRITE IT.

Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Johannes wrote:
Starky got caught in his lies and now is pondering what to do next.
Ah so many birther lies....
Ah, so few brains.....
He's consulting his notes on profanity. Trying to find the ones that suit the moment best. He does find the most disgusting ones almost every time, except that they are always totally irrelevant.
Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

President Starky wrote:
Hey liberals.
Do you really not understand why the Obama campaign is in a death spiral?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
"Stuff's gettin better"
Hey, Stark, crawled out from under that rock?

So, where's the proof?

ANSWER: there isn't any

One would think that such a big, smart birther as the Stark would want to prove me wrong. One would think.....problem is that the Stark told the lie and Johannes proved him wrong. Now the Stark hides 'cause he made a fool of himself.

Poor Stark, so few brains........

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Same trick that LRS pulls regularly. "Go back and look.", he says always. Then, you ask "where, what date, when, what post number"? And reply comes right back, "look for it yourself if you're so smart, I don't have time". "But you didn't write such a post". And then, the finale, and oh, it even beats Catch 22 "Prove I DIDN'T write it."
Yes, folks, he can't prove he wrote it, but he wants the other guy to prove HE DIDN'T WRITE IT.
There's this little thing on the internet called Google.
Its quite amazing really.
I here that the British-French-American Provence of Canada may be getting it soon.
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Then neither is his son. Thank you.
His son was born in the USA and hence is a Natural Born US Citizen.

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
The States retained only the portions of common law applicable to their own situation. Really, can't you come up with some new slurs? These are all so old and truely boring. BOINK BOINK BOINK BOINK poor pigeon.
Sorrreeeeee.

Massachusetts Constitution of 1780:
"Article VI
All the laws which have heretofore been adopted, used and approved in the Province, Colony or State of Massachusetts Bay, and usually practiced on in the courts of law, shall still remain and be in full force, until altered or repealed by the legislature"

New York Constitution of 1777:
"XXXV. And this convention doth further, in the name and by the authority of the good people of this State, ordain, determine, and declare that such parts of the common law of England, and of the statute law of England and Great Britain, and of the acts of the legislature of the colony of New York, as together did form the law of the said colony on the 19th day of April, in the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and seventy-five, shall be and continue the law of this State"

Delaware Constitution of 1776:
"ART. 25. The common law of England, as-well as so much of the statute law as has been heretofore adopted in practice in this State, shall remain in force, unless they shall be altered by a future law of the legislature;"

Pennsylvania Sept 28, 1776.
SECT. 42. Every foreigner of good character who comes to settle in this state, having first taken an oath or affirmation of allegiance to the same, may purchase, or by other just means acquire, hold, and transfer land or other real estate; and after one year's residence, shall be deemed a free denizen thereof, and entitled to all the rights of a NATURAL BORN SUBJECT of this state, except that he shall not be capable of being elected a representative until after two years residence.

"entitled to all the rights of a NATURAL BORN SUBJECT of this state...." New Jersey 1776.
Terri Tanna wrote:
<quoted text>
Please identify the WRITTEN DOCUMENT that clarified which portions of the common law were applicable and which portions were not.
You must be a "birther," because you state things that are absurd on there face and which you cannot support by reference to any controlling written document.
That is why you have a GED, and couldn't even gain admission to junior college.
Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
I here that the British-French-American Provence of Canada may be getting it soon.
Pehaps, did you also 'HEAR' that the Snark got his ass handed to him and then he crawled under a rock???

Notice: That would be hear and not here......DUH!!!!

Birthers have so few brains!!!
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
We're supposed to look for your posts on Topix on Google? Never mind.

What do you mean by "Provence"? Provence is a region of France, called "Le Midi de la France".

Oh, we are not as advanced as you guys. Still pounding away on my Atari. But hell, it's somehow kept us in the Triple A rating league.
Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Starky, where are you?

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps the first most important thing to understand about national birthright is that there was no national birthright rule until the year 1866. One will look in vain to find any national law on the subject prior to this year, or even any mention of the right to citizenship by birth under the United States Constitution.
Birfoon: "or even any mention of the right to citizenship by birth under the United States Constitution"

See Lynch v. Clarke, which, incidentally was cited favorably by several federal courts, including the USSC.

“And the constitution itself contains a direct recognition of the subsisting common law principle, in the section which defines the qualification of the President.‘No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States at the time of the adoption of this constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President,’ &c. The only standard which then existed, of a natural born citizen, was the rule of the common law, and The only standard which then existed, of a natural born citizen, was the rule of the common law, and no different standard has been adopted since. Suppose a person should be elected President who was native born, but of alien parents, could there be any reasonable doubt that he was eligible under the constitution? I think not.” Lynch v. Clarke, 3 NY Leg. Obs. 236, 246 (N.Y. Ch. 1844).
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no record that Hamilton's language was ever the "original language".
The Committee of Detail originally proposed eligibility requirements for the Executive under a Tenth article. See William C. Rives, History of the Life and Times of James Madison, Volume 2.
"The tenth article of the plan reported by the committee of detail provided … that the executive power should be vested in a single magistrate, to be styled the President of the United States ...."
The original eligibility clause did not require a person born a citizen in the country:
Concerning this "Tenth Article" it was stated "At the end of the first section, tenth article, add,'he shall be of the age of thirty five years, and a citizen of the United States, and shall have been an inhabitant thereof for twenty one years.'" WEDNESDAY AUGUST 22. IN CONVENTION. 1787.
On September 4, 1787, the eligibility requirements were amended:
"No person except a natural born citizen or a Citizen of the U. S. at the time of the adoption of this Constitution shall be eligible to the office of President; nor shall any person be elected to that office, who shall be under the age of thirty five years, and who has not been in the whole, at least fourteen years a resident within the U. S."
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit stalling, just give the post number.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 104,421 - 104,440 of167,751
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

89 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min dem 1,037,636
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 min JOEL COOL DUDE 65,595
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 18 min edogxxx 96,392
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 26 min litesong 43,183
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) 55 min Chicagobunny 510
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 58 min Chicagobunny 3,794
IL Who do you support for Treasurer in Illinois in... (Oct '10) 1 hr Chicagobunny 113
Amy 4-24 1 hr Kuuipo 34
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance