BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#117679 Oct 15, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps the first most important thing to understand about national birthright is that there was no national birthright rule until the year 1866. One will look in vain to find any national law on the subject prior to this year, or even any mention of the right to citizenship by birth under the United States Constitution.
Birfoon: "or even any mention of the right to citizenship by birth under the United States Constitution"

See Lynch v. Clarke, which, incidentally was cited favorably by several federal courts, including the USSC.

“And the constitution itself contains a direct recognition of the subsisting common law principle, in the section which defines the qualification of the President.‘No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States at the time of the adoption of this constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President,’ &c. The only standard which then existed, of a natural born citizen, was the rule of the common law, and The only standard which then existed, of a natural born citizen, was the rule of the common law, and no different standard has been adopted since. Suppose a person should be elected President who was native born, but of alien parents, could there be any reasonable doubt that he was eligible under the constitution? I think not.” Lynch v. Clarke, 3 NY Leg. Obs. 236, 246 (N.Y. Ch. 1844).
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no record that Hamilton's language was ever the "original language".
The Committee of Detail originally proposed eligibility requirements for the Executive under a Tenth article. See William C. Rives, History of the Life and Times of James Madison, Volume 2.
"The tenth article of the plan reported by the committee of detail provided … that the executive power should be vested in a single magistrate, to be styled the President of the United States ...."
The original eligibility clause did not require a person born a citizen in the country:
Concerning this "Tenth Article" it was stated "At the end of the first section, tenth article, add,'he shall be of the age of thirty five years, and a citizen of the United States, and shall have been an inhabitant thereof for twenty one years.'" WEDNESDAY AUGUST 22. IN CONVENTION. 1787.
On September 4, 1787, the eligibility requirements were amended:
"No person except a natural born citizen or a Citizen of the U. S. at the time of the adoption of this Constitution shall be eligible to the office of President; nor shall any person be elected to that office, who shall be under the age of thirty five years, and who has not been in the whole, at least fourteen years a resident within the U. S."
Jacques Ottawa

North York, Canada

#117680 Oct 15, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
There's this little thing on the internet called Google.
Its quite amazing really.
I here that the British-French-American Provence of Canada may be getting it soon.
Quit stalling, just give the post number.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#117681 Oct 15, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
We're supposed to look for your posts on Topix on Google? Never mind.
What do you mean by "Provence"? Provence is a region of France, called "Le Midi de la France".
Oh, we are not as advanced as you guys. Still pounding away on my Atari. But hell, it's somehow kept us in the Triple A rating league.
muslims are exempt from Obamacare"
Look it up yourself.

Provence-
A territory governed as an administrative or political unit of a country or empire.
Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

#117682 Oct 15, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Look it up yourself.
Provence-
A territory governed as an administrative or political unit of a country or empire.
Now Stark, you know that is a lie. It's already been proven. Why do you continue with the lies? Why are you avoiding me?

The Stark tells only lies...
Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

#117684 Oct 15, 2012
Provence (French pronunciation:[p&#641; &#596;.v&#593;&#77 1;s]; Provençal: Provença in classical norm or Prouvènço in Mistralian norm, pronounced [p&#640;u&#712;v&# 603;&#8319;s&#596;]) is a region of south eastern France on the Mediterranean adjacent to Italy. It is part of the administrative région of Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur. The traditional region of Provence comprises the départements of Var, Vaucluse, Bouches-du-Rhône, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, Alpes-Maritimes and parts of Hautes-Alpes. The Romans made the region into the first Roman province beyond the Alps, their Provincia Romana, the origin of its present name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provence
Jacques Ottawa

North York, Canada

#117685 Oct 15, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Look it up yourself.
Provence-
That's PROVINCE. Provence is a proper name only, denotes, as Johannes just informed you, a region of France with which, incidentally, I am well familiar.

Canada gained its independence in 1867, incidentally, and is neither a province nor a Provence, lol, of any country.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#117686 Oct 15, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. You're the one who posted it. Why'd you do it? It was GWB-originated, delayed to March and signed by Obama who had the gun to him, bankruptcies looming, huge layoffs. But remember, read the whole thing next time, and notice that Brokaw had a lot of "buts" in his discourse.
Excusez-moi, when the president submits a budget request it goes to the ... Speaker of the House. If the Speaker is of the same party as the president it is usually amended very little by Speaker Pelosi is not only not in the same party as Bush, she is a radical progressive. The fact is Pelosi sat on the budget and it was not voted on at all in the House until after Bush left office. Further the deficit has grown by more than ONE TRILLION DOLLAE$. In other words, it was no longer the Bush budget. Obama owned it 100%.
FY2009 Budget Deficit
$407 billion (requested)[by Bush]
$1.413 trillion (enacted)[by Obama]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_United_Stat...
And the reverse is true when the Speaker is a Republican and the President a Democrat like under Gingrich and Clinton. If it was not for Newt, those four budgets would not have been balanced!!!
Any president can only sign into law bills that are passed by both Houses of Congress!

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

#117687 Oct 15, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit stalling, just give the post number.
I wasn't aware you were talking.
Post number for what?

Location hidden

#117689 Oct 15, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
And Snopes says it is true too. Thank you EPA!!!
http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/trainfi ...
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is about Obama, they twist the issue. I just Googled "snopes obama college records" and this is what I got:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers ...
Ah, what does Obama's SSN have to do with his college records?
<quoted text>
You missed the point .... again. It is about Snopes. If it has anything to do with Obama, Snopes will twist it. When I talked about the rail road fire of 2009, they covered the issue but they will run, dodge and jump every issue on Obama!
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Was Snopes trying to hide the railroad fire in 1982 because Obama was involved? Waht was Snope gaining by hiding the railroad fire?
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
You missed the point .... again..... and again It is about Snopes. If it has anything to do with Obama, Snopes will twist it. When I talked about the rail road fire posted on Snopes in 2009, they covered the issue but they will run, dodge and jump every issue on Obama!
Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

#117690 Oct 15, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Post number for what?
The Stark refuses to admit that he lied even when confronted with the proof.

Folks, what we have here is a prime example of why NOBODY should ever trust a birther.

Back under your rock, Stark!!!!
Grand Birtther

Oregon, OH

#117691 Oct 15, 2012
Yup, Rogue Moron, every organization, institution, writer and citizen is in on the Big Birfoon Coverup, except birfoons of course.

BWAHHHH HA HA HA HA HA AH AH AH AHAHAHAHHHHHHH!
Jacques Ottawa

North York, Canada

#117693 Oct 15, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Post number for what?
Where you said Moslems were specifically exempted from Obamacare.
Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

#117694 Oct 15, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Where you said Moslems were specifically exempted from Obamacare.
It's obvious that not only does The Stark not have a brain, he also has no memory.
Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

#117695 Oct 15, 2012
The Stark can't face us 'cause he made a fool of himself.

Poor little Starky.....
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#117697 Oct 15, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
To me, hypothetical, to you, pure reality. We have a saying in "French", namely "tu rêves en couleur", or, "You dream in technicolour".(loosely translated, as sayings don't travel well in other tongues).
Did you answer this hypothetical situation? I'm guessing not and I know why.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

#117698 Oct 15, 2012
muslims are exempt from obamacare.

RELIGIOUS CONSCIENCE EXEMPTION:
"Such term shall not include any individual for any month if such individual has in effect an exemption under section 1311(D)(4)(H)of the patient protection and affordable care act which certifies that such individual is a member of a recognized religious sect or division thereof described in section 1402(G)(1)and an adherent of established tenets or teachings of such sect or division as described in such section.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#117700 Oct 15, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Same trick that LRS pulls regularly. "Go back and look.", he says always. Then, you ask "where, what date, when, what post number"? And reply comes right back, "look for it yourself if you're so smart, I don't have time". "But you didn't write such a post". And then, the finale, and oh, it even beats Catch 22 "Prove I DIDN'T write it."
Yes, folks, he can't prove he wrote it, but he wants the other guy to prove HE DIDN'T WRITE IT.
You lie like a sorry POS. The times I've told you to go back and look has been when you claimed I said something which I hadn't. Then you limp your azz back and say, sorry I retract that. How many times did we do that jacqazz? Three, four, five times at least. I guess when you have an empty soul, no faith or belief system, it's easy to tell lies all day long. LMAO pigeon

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

#117703 Oct 15, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
You lie like a sorry POS. The times I've told you to go back and look has been when you claimed I said something which I hadn't. Then you limp your azz back and say, sorry I retract that. How many times did we do that jacqazz? Three, four, five times at least. I guess when you have an empty soul, no faith or belief system, it's easy to tell lies all day long. LMAO pigeon
I have already posted the section of obamacare a couple of times now which describes the exemptions for muslims, yet the nut job liberals on here keep asking for it.
BOY ARE THEY ASKING FOR IT.
Obama is losing and they feel it. So expect the vitriol to increase as the election draws closer.
LOL

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#117704 Oct 15, 2012
It's time to ask Mitt Romney tough questions about his mental health

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/10/10/1142...

Location hidden

#117705 Oct 15, 2012
Hillary just bit the billet for Obama!
Will Obama never accept any responsibility for anything negative? Can he intellectually?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RealDave 1,128,956
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 min PEllen 98,529
Abby 10-30 7 min Sublime1 5
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 34 min Poof1 50,750
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr RJS 7,829
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Eric 70,140
Weekend violence in Chicago: 4 dead, 35 wounded 1 hr reality is a crutch 6
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]