BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

#116713 Oct 12, 2012
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't matter he offered it and was accepted in its entirety as offered, now law of the land.
Despite the fact that Senator Howard's opinion is not controlling, he didn't believe children born in the US of alien parents were subject to a foreign power. Indeed, he believed that such children were born citizens of the United States.

“They became such in virtue of national law, or rather natural law which recognizes persons born within the jurisdiction of every country as being subjects or citizens of that country. Such persons were, therefore, citizens of the United States as were born in the country or were made by naturalization.” Senator Jacob Howard, Cong. Globe 39th Cong., 1st Sess, 2765 (1866).

“A citizen of the United States is held by the courts to be a person who was born within the limits of the United States and subject to their laws.” Senator Jacob Howard, Cong. Globe 39th Cong., 1st Sess, 2765 (1866).
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Howard, one guy (important, but not the sole expert in Congress) said it. One guy.
The US Supreme Court did not believe that his view represented the majority of the members of Congress, much less the thousands who voted for the 14th Amendment in the state legislatures.
They believe that the meaning comes from the common law and refers to the place of birth, and their decision is FINAL (unless overturned by another SC decision or by a Constitutional Amendment, neither of which is even remotely likely.)

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#116714 Oct 12, 2012
Johannes wrote:
<quoted text>
...but when the National Debt tripled under Reagan and Bush I that was ok with you?
No it was not. Reagan's problem was that he had a Democrat controlled Congress but Bush had no excuse. He failed to avert the Housing Bubble bursting and he had a few years to do so but didn't. But I also blame Speaker Dennis Hastert who was a typical Illinois Country Clubber.
But the way, I have not changed my opinion on this issue since I have been on this forum.
I also think it was great that Bill Clinton signed into law four of Newt Gingrich's Balanced Budgets, Seven of his points of the Contract with America and the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997. Obama would never have done that because Bill was a Blue Dog Moderate Democrat and Obama is an Idiotard Progressive.

Location hidden

#116715 Oct 12, 2012
Johannes wrote:
<quoted text>
...and the middle school midget responds with:
1) no direct response to question
2) silly middle school names
3) typical response from one who does not know how to converse as an adult
And you, you go on people facebook page and then his daughters. What a pervert you are!
Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

#116716 Oct 12, 2012
thezen2580 wrote:
take it to court !! and his grandmother in africa who states obama was born in africa !!! and she was there at his birth !!! in africa!!! he later moved when age 8 to indonesia school records shows his is moslem this is when his mother re=married his step faather which was from indonesia !! I read all this before he was elected on the internet!!!
That's all old news.....has been debunked numerous times.

Location hidden

#116717 Oct 12, 2012
Terri Tanna wrote:
<quoted text>
Largest tax hike?
Please tell the Class when that occurred.
Federal income tax rates at this exact moment are the lowest they have been since the implementation of the XVIth Amendment. For middle income people fully one-third of what the marginal rate was under R.Reagan during his first term.
Ever hear of Obama Care? You do recall our Supreme Court ruling it is a tax, don't you?!?

Location hidden

#116718 Oct 12, 2012
Terri Tanna wrote:
<quoted text>
At least he knows SOMETHING about the military. You are more ignorant on that topic than any other except aviation.
Hummm, then what was I doing at FORSCOM J-1 at Fort McPherson. I was the ONLY aviation warrant officer in J-1. It was nice as they put my office right next to the nurses! Yes, I impressed the senior nurse when I told he I flew BG Ana Mae Hayes in Vietnam.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Mae_Hays
I could tell you a war story about her but I know how you dislike my war stories.
Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

#116719 Oct 12, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you, you go on people facebook page and then his daughters. What a pervert you are!
You pimp your daughter and you call me the pervert?

Get Real!!!
Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

#116720 Oct 12, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
No it was not. Reagan's problem was that he had a Democrat controlled Congress but Bush had no excuse. He failed to avert the Housing Bubble bursting and he had a few years to do so but didn't. But I also blame Speaker Dennis Hastert who was a typical Illinois Country Clubber.
But the way, I have not changed my opinion on this issue since I have been on this forum.
I also think it was great that Bill Clinton signed into law four of Newt Gingrich's Balanced Budgets, Seven of his points of the Contract with America and the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997. Obama would never have done that because Bill was a Blue Dog Moderate Democrat and Obama is an Idiotard Progressive.
1) Hastert wasn't the speaker until 1999....seven years after Bush I left office.

2) The Grinch didn't have any budgets

3) Might want to check your data on the Contract On America as several didn't make it out of Congress, several were drastically changed and Clinton vetoed some as well.
Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

#116721 Oct 12, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. If Romney was not as high on the polls as he is, the DJIA would probably be 500 points lower!
But is still shows Obamanomics is not workin' If Obama wanted the DJIA to soar, all he would have to do is permanently extend the Bush tax cuts as they are!!! But being the Idiotard he is, he will not do that.
Sorry, Lifer Logic doesn't allow a Rmoney style flip-flop.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#116722 Oct 12, 2012
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
“The only standard which then existed, of a natural born citizen, was the rule of the common law, and no different standard has been adopted since. Suppose a person should be elected President who was native born, but of alien parents, could there be any reasonable doubt that he was eligible under the constitution? I think not.” Lynch v. Clarke, 3 NY Leg. Obs. 236, 246 (N.Y. Ch. 1844).
Chancellor Sandford was biased for President Obama in 1844?
“Who does not know that every person born within the limits of the Republic is, in the language of the Constitution, a natural-born citizen.”
Rep. Bingham, The Congressional globe, Volume 61, Part 2. pg. 2212 (1869). Oops, more pro Obama bias?
Garder v. Ward, 2 Mass. 244 (1805)
“The doctrine of the common law is that every man born within its jurisdiction is a subject of the sovereign of the country where he is born, and allegiance is not personal to the sovereign in the extent that has been contended for; it is due to him in his political capacity of sovereign of the territory where the person owing the allegiance as born.”
Wow, pro Obama bias in 1805!
Amy v. Smith, 11 Ky. 326, 340 (Ky. 1822)
“The country where one is born, how accidental soever his birth in that place may have been, and although his parents belong to another country, is that to which he owes allegiance. Hence the expression natural born subject or citizen, & all the relations thereout growing. To this there are but few exceptions, and they are mostly introduced by statutes and treaty regulations, such as the children of seamen and ambassadors born abroad, and the like.”
More pro Obama bias in 1822!
<quoted text>
Mobarf, do you know how ludicrous your attempted mocking of me looks? Why yes mobarf, I think the conspiracy began as far back as the 1700s. Sounds quite stupid, don't you think? So, I take it you simply choose to ignore the "and not subject to any foreign power" phrase? Is that correct? And you are aware that this was national law in 1866? Is this correct? This law was intended to prevent exactly what you're trying to say it "is" for. This idea of anyone born on U.S. soil is automatically a U.S. citizen is simply incorrect. You're either ignoring this fact or you're not understanding what it is you're reading. Play your word and twisted half truths game with someone else.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#116723 Oct 12, 2012
America Got Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are advocating for 4 more years of lowered US credit ratings, more deficit spending, stagnant or increased unemployment, higher food, fuel, and energy bills, etc?
Maybe you didn't get the memo, but it is time to change your hope.
You're dead on. I just paid 5.28 for a gallon of MILK! If I'm not mistaken I think milk is a renewable resource, yet that is roughly two dollars more than I paid for a gallon of gasoline (non renewable) the other night. What kind of logic is that? It's not, it's a lack of....

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#116724 Oct 12, 2012
Terri Tanna wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you were not able to listen to the debate. Ryan DIRECTLY contradicted the infallible position of the Roman Catholic Church.
=
Are you a devout and practicing Roman Catholic?
Catholic Bishops Rebuke Biden Over Contraception Mandate Claims:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/12/cath...
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#116725 Oct 12, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic Bishops Rebuke Biden Over Contraception Mandate Claims:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/12/cath...
Why is the government meddling in the church anyway?
Jacques Ottawa

North York, Canada

#116726 Oct 12, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
You have it in reverse. You should ask what the church is doing in the government and on dollar bills.
Grand Birther

Brooklyn, NY

#116727 Oct 12, 2012
Obama campaign office shot at in Denver today.

Probably by a well-adjusted conservative like Rogue Bumpkin or LRS.

RationalState

#116728 Oct 12, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one who accused him of not buying it, prove it.
Accused?

Sort of like the defense attorney who "accused" his client of being not guilty.

Hee hee hee!

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

#116729 Oct 12, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the government is begging to be overthrown and a large number of people occupying our country need to be purged from this land.
That's got to be the reason.

I'd like to know why Muslims are exempt from Obamacare.
What happened to equal protection under the law?

RationalState

#116731 Oct 12, 2012
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>by treaty!
By treaty, according to birfoon play law.

Exceptions are introduced by treaty, Duh!

“The country where one is born, how accidental soever his birth in that place may have been, and although his parents belong to another country, is that to which he owes allegiance. Hence the expression natural born subject or citizen, & all the relations thereout growing. To this there are but few exceptions, and they are mostly introduced by statutes and treaty regulations, such as the children of seamen and ambassadors born abroad, and the like.” Amy v. Smith, 11 Ky. 326, 340 (Ky. 1822).

Play law doesn't count.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Ipse dixit fallacy.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Sorry, but the US decides what rights and privileges aliens have per US law, according to its sovereign authority.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

#116733 Oct 12, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Evening, ma'am.
You're that pervert who keeps changing his name.

RationalState

#116734 Oct 12, 2012
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>and there is no such thing as temporary allegiance, all of that crap has been taken care of by treaty agreements.
Play law doesn't count.

"temporary allegiance. The impermanent allegiance owed to a state by a resident alien during the period of residence."
Black's Law Dictionary, 9th Edition.

“...of the compact also redound to aliens residing within the territory of the United States, who are deemed to owe TEMPORARY ALLEGIANCE to the United States and thereby are entitled to the reciprocal protections of the Constitution. See United States v. Barona....”(emphasis added)
Ashkir v. U.S., 46 Fed.Cl. 438, 2000 WL 348805, Fed.Cl., April 04, 2000 (NO. 96-351L).
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as a temporary citizen.
Sorry, BirfoonBoy, the child is born subject to the jurisdiction thereof, without regard to the parent's political condition (with the exception of foreign ambassadors, etc.) The child's citizenship does not depend upon the parent's condition. Never has, and unless there is an amendment, never will.
Sorry, that's the LAW. If you want to change it, get an amendment.
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min shinningelectr0n 1,144,219
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 31 min JOEL 70,625
EverGreen Belgrade 1 hr AqifBlytaWasShotL... 18
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr IBdaMann 48,593
Boycott all Topix Sponsors 2 hr People Please 6
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr TRD 68,797
Julieanne Zenz 6 hr Julieanne Zenz VR... 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 pm PST

Bleacher Report 4:00PM
Breaking Down What Colt McCoy Brings to the Washington Offense in Place of RGIII
NBC Sports 4:45 PM
NFL on Thanksgiving: Bears season falls into irrelevancy
NBC Sports 4:50 PM
NFL on Thanksgiving: Megatron reaches 10,000 yards
Bleacher Report 5:33 PM
Bears vs. Lions Video Highlights
Yahoo! Sports 6:07 PM
Lions, Eagles serve up Thanksgiving Day routs