BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

#116598 Oct 12, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is suspicion that Chief Justice Roberts was coerced into voting for Obama Care. I wonder what dirt Obama has on Roberts?
Another example of why Ann Coulter, Glenn Beck and the National Review all call birthers crazy. When the Chief Justice of the United States make a ruling that they disagree with, they say that he was coerced and that Obama may have "dirt on him:-----which is an allegation that the chief justice has done something wrong.

According to this logic, when the US Supreme Court turned down the appeals of the birthers of the Natural Born Citizen in the Farrar case (Georgia), the explanation is that Obama "has something" on the four justices who failed to vote to accept the birther cases.

A simpler explanation is that the US Supreme Court is sticking with its ruling in the Wong Kim Ark case that every child born in the USA except for the children of foreign diplomats is a Natural Born Citizen.
Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

#116599 Oct 12, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is suspicion that Chief Justice Roberts was coerced into voting for Obama Care. I wonder what dirt Obama has on Roberts?
Sure there is, but only in the Birtherville Daily News.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#116600 Oct 12, 2012
Terri Tanna wrote:
Terri Tanna wrote:
"Is there anything funny about 1,250,000 legal murders of children annually in the United States while still in their mothers' wombs?
=
"According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), since 1973, roughly 50 million legal induced abortions have been performed in the United States. World wide, there have been over 1,260,000,000 abortions performed."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_the_ ...
====
<quoted text>
Who is advocating any government aid for legal murders of children while still in their mothers' wombs?
Murder? You'll find plenty that disagree with you on that.
Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

#116601 Oct 12, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't!
He showed up long after is was discovered.
We Vikings got here first.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#116602 Oct 12, 2012
Terri Tanna wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you were not able to listen to the debate. Ryan DIRECTLY contradicted the infallible position of the Roman Catholic Church.
=
Are you a devout and practicing Roman Catholic?
Let's hear the quote.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#116603 Oct 12, 2012
Just an example for you flappers of how the media is biased. pigeons

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/12/ny...

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#116604 Oct 12, 2012
Terri Tanna wrote:
<quoted text>
CORRECT -- that's why our boy, Willard, is in deep trouble.
U.S. equity market is up 121% under current admin. economic policies -- more wealth creation than any period in WORLD HISTORY
U.S. Treasury creditworthiness at highest level in 224-years
lowest tax rates on average people (less than $66,000 of income) in history
lowest tax rates on wealthy people in history
no significant inflation.
housing prices up dramatically from the Bush low point in 2008
national debt at manageable levels
Yeah! You go with that, easy bake.
That'll make voters forget all about the largest tax hike in American history-High unemployment-record home foreclosures-record number of Americans on food stamps-failed foreign policy-Illegal aliens-Record energy costs-record food prices.

Obama campaign in death spiral.

"Stuff's gettin better"
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#116605 Oct 12, 2012
Johannes wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure there is, but only in the Birtherville Daily News.
Mark this poster with an "SFB".
Jacques Ottawa

North York, Canada

#116607 Oct 12, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, it's not my fault if the courts are wrong.
BTW, 152 courts wrong. Did they originate that saying "Everyone's out of step but you?" with you?

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

#116608 Oct 12, 2012
Terri Tanna wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you were not able to listen to the debate. Ryan DIRECTLY contradicted the infallible position of the Roman Catholic Church.
=
Are you a devout and practicing Roman Catholic?
No he didn't.

Asking personal questions on topix is against topix TOS.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

#116609 Oct 12, 2012
Johannes wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn!
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#116610 Oct 12, 2012
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Hee hee hee! Why don't you read what your hero says?
Emmerich de Vattel:
84. Jurisdiction.
The sovereignty united to the domain establishes the jurisdiction of the nation in her territories, or the country that belongs to her. It is her province, or that of her sovereign, to exercise justice in all the places under her jurisdiction, to take cognisance of the crimes committed, and the differences that arise in the country.
Hee hee hee!
<quoted text>
Sorry, I don't use de Vattel, to controversial. The 14th was nothing more than the Civil Rights Act of 1866, placed into the Constitution as an amendment.
"Subject to the jurisdiction,thereof" simply means, "not subject to any foreign power".
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#116611 Oct 12, 2012
Terri Tanna wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have gone to school for many years beyond high school to think that who's ("who is") is the same as whose.
got the point didn't you!
Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

#116612 Oct 12, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark this poster with an "SFB".
Never a reply that addresses the topic.

Never a reply that disputes the previous comment.

Never a reply with any substance.

Always a reply with namecalling.

Always a reply with a personal attack.

Always a reply that is worthless.
Jacques Ottawa

North York, Canada

#116613 Oct 12, 2012
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm. Every learned Judge and trained legal mind in the Country or LoserRepastingSpam - who is wrong? Boy that's a tough call!
Not if you're Loose Repugnant Slug (LRS). He really believes he's a better legal mind than all them thar Dimcacratic judges.
Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

#116614 Oct 12, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn!
Must not like the truth.
Jacques Ottawa

North York, Canada

#116615 Oct 12, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't!
He showed up long after is was discovered.
Why do I bother? Well, my contribution to educating the unwashed, I suppose. Okay. I added "on behalf of the queen of Spain". Get it? There were already natives on Hispaniola, so obviously it had already been discovered but on whose behalf who knows?
Jacques Ottawa

North York, Canada

#116616 Oct 12, 2012
President Starky wrote:
A little girl asked her father:'How did the human race appear?'
The father answered,'God made Adam and Eve; they had children; and so was all mankind made.'
Two days later the girl asked her mother the same question.
The mother answered,'Many years ago there were monkeys from which the human race evolved.'
The confused girl returned to her father and said,'Dad, how is it possible that you told me the human race was created by God, and Mom said they developed from monkeys?'
The father answered,'Well, Dear, it is very simple. I told you about my side of the family, and your mother told you about hers.'
Ho ho. Then please explain why the monkeys eventually got smarter than the other version?
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#116617 Oct 12, 2012
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Howard, one guy (important, but not the sole expert in Congress) said it. One guy.
The US Supreme Court did not believe that his view represented the majority of the members of Congress, much less the thousands who voted for the 14th Amendment in the state legislatures.
They believe that the meaning comes from the common law and refers to the place of birth, and their decision is FINAL (unless overturned by another SC decision or by a Constitutional Amendment, neither of which is even remotely likely.)
Doesn't matter he offered it and was accepted in its entirety as offered, now law of the land.
Jacques Ottawa

North York, Canada

#116618 Oct 12, 2012
Johannes wrote:
<quoted text>
It matters not, Johannes, LRS was not around so if could not have happened.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Bluestater 1,126,131
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Eric 70,069
GOP Votes go 2 dem. votes. 4 hr Votes go 2 dems 1
A young black kid asks his mother, "Mama what's... 4 hr Funny But True 10
Rediscovering Lost Photos From a Long-Ago West End 6 hr Great view 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr Friv4games 47,494
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 7 hr RJS 7,822
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]