BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...
Comments
103,401 - 103,420 of 174,513 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“SAVING BIRTHERS FROM IGNORANCE”

Since: Jul 09

The Farm North of Hinsdale

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

[from this great nation's most conservative metropolitan newspaper]
==
Romney's abortion answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
=
Due to my afternoon deadline I can't tell you for sure what Mitt Romney's position on abortion was as of Thursday night.

But, treating it like a late game on the West Coast, I can give you the latest updates.

Tuesday: Romney told the Des Moines Register editorial board, "There's no legislation with regards to abortion that I'm familiar with that would become part of my agenda."
Banning abortion is always high on the agenda of many conservatives, and some quickly registered dismay and disappointment — though surely not surprise — at Romney's evident lack of vehemence and resolve on an issue that truly animates them.

Hours later, a spokeswoman offered the clarifying reassurance (hasty retraction), "Gov. Romney would of course support legislation aimed at providing greater protections for life."

Wednesday: "I'm a pro-life candidate," Romney told the audience at a campaign rally. "I'll be a pro-life president." He added that he'd "remove funding for Planned Parenthood" and block federal aid to international agencies if they so much as provide abortion counseling services.

All settled? Well, no. Romney's careerlong meanderings on abortion suggest not just irresolution, which is familiar to many who have struggled with this issue, but hypocrisy and cynicism — a "nice doggy" approach in which he says whatever he has to in order to sidle safely past easily riled voters.

His numerous, contradictory statements on the issue are all over the Web, most comprehensively in a 13,000-word analysis -- The Conversion -- published in August by Slate's William Saletan that demonstrates Romney's evolution from pro-choice to pro-life was no simple conversion, but a series of calculated pivots.

Behold:

1994: "I believe that abortion should be safe and legal in this country. I believe that Roe v. Wade has been the law for 20 years, that we should sustain and support it.... You will not see me wavering on that."

1999: "When I am asked if I am I pro-choice or pro-life, I say I refuse to accept either label."

2001: "I do not wish to be labeled pro-choice. I have never felt comfortable with the labels associated with the abortion issue."

2002: "When asked, will I preserve and protect a woman's right to choose, I give an unequivocal answer:'Yes'... I do not take the position of a pro-life candidate.… Women should be free to choose based on their own beliefs, not mine and not the government's."

2005: "I am absolutely committed to my promise to maintain the status quo with regards to laws relating to abortion and choice."

2007: "(In 2004, as governor of Massachusetts) the conclusion I reached was that ... we should therefore allow our state to become a pro-life state.... I never called myself pro-choice. I never allowed myself to use the word pro-choice, because I didn't feel I was pro-choice."

2007: I would welcome a circumstance where there was such a consensus in this country that we said we don't want to have abortion.... I'd be delighted to sign that bill."

2008: "On every decision I made as governor, I came down on the side of life."

2011: "Absolutely!" (In response to the question asking if he'd support a constitutional amendment saying human life begins conception.)

2012: "What I'd like to see happen would be for the Supreme Court to say look, we're going to overturn Roe v. Wade and return to the states the authority to decide whether they want to have abortion or not."

2012: "I'm in favor of abortion being legal in the case of rape and incest and the health and life of the mother." ("health" later retracted)

What's Romney's position on abortion as of Thursday afternoon? Evidently the same position he's always held: He'll say and do whatever he thinks will win him the most votes.

Pro-choice? Pro-life? Better to describe it as firmly, consistently pro-Mitt.

-more-

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

SOURCES
Mitt Romney's Abortion Evolution (ABC News)

Romney's abortion remarks bring issue back into focus Mitt Romney says abortion wouldn't be part of his legislative agenda, but later says he would fight it if he's elected (LA Times)

William Saletan (Slate): The Conversion -- How, when, and why Mitt Romney changed his mind on abortion and Romney’s Abortion “Agenda”-- Don’t fall for his insinuation that he won’t restrict abortion. It’s full of weasel words. and The Pro-life Case for Planned Parenthood

Romney, aides can't keep their story straight on reproductive rights (Steve Benen)

A Mitt Romney Abortion Timeline (Buzzfeed)
http://blogs.chicagotribune.com/news_columnis...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
The Lord's Prayer
For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever.
AL still cannot cite this verse in any authentic scriptural translation.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm. Every learned Judge and trained legal mind in the Country or LoserRepastingSpam - who is wrong? Boy that's a tough call!
It's called bias for the first black president just like the media has done. Same game. To a "T"! Why are you too stupid to see it for what it is? BTW, why did Clinton say; Shame on you BHO? You remember that don't you? LMAO pigeon

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said. "DOH, gee gosh, I wasn't there when Christopher Columbus discovered America on behalf of the queen of Spain, so I guess it never happened".
He didn't!
He showed up long after is was discovered.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Terri Tanna wrote:
SOURCES
Mitt Romney's Abortion Evolution (ABC News)
Romney's abortion remarks bring issue back into focus Mitt Romney says abortion wouldn't be part of his legislative agenda, but later says he would fight it if he's elected (LA Times)
William Saletan (Slate): The Conversion -- How, when, and why Mitt Romney changed his mind on abortion and Romney’s Abortion “Agenda”-- Don’t fall for his insinuation that he won’t restrict abortion. It’s full of weasel words. and The Pro-life Case for Planned Parenthood
Romney, aides can't keep their story straight on reproductive rights (Steve Benen)
A Mitt Romney Abortion Timeline (Buzzfeed)
http://blogs.chicagotribune.com/news_columnis...
HELLO
Its the economy.
There is no war on women.Not even old haggard's like yourself.

"Stuff's gettin better"
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Brainchild, did you notice the dates of those cases...2008 & 2012. Gee, think they were influenced by Omama? LMAO pigeon
Gee. Birthers brought the cases. The reason for the dates is that is when the birthers brought them.

However, if you want some cases that are earlier:

Mustata v. US Dept. of Justice, 179 F.3d 1017 (6th Cir. 1999)(children born in US to two Romanian citizens described as “natural born citizens” of the US):

“Petitioners Marian and Lenuta Mustata are citizens of Romania. At the time of their petition, they resided in Michigan with their two minor children, who are natural born citizens of the United States.”

Diaz-Salazar v. INS, 700 F.2d 1156 (7th Cir. 1983)(child born in US to Mexican citizen is “natural born citizen” of US):

“Petitioner, Sebastian Diaz-Salazar, entered the United States illegally [from Mexico] in 1974 and has been living and working in Chicago since that time.*** The relevant facts which have been placed before the INS, BIA, and this court can be summarized as follows: The petitioner has a wife and two children under the age of three in Chicago; the children are natural-born citizens of the United States.”

Nwankpa v. Kissinger, 376 F. Supp. 122 (M.D. Ala. 1974)(child born in US to two Biafra citizens described as “natural born citizen” of the US):

“The Plaintiff was a native of Biafra, now a part of the Republic of Nigeria. His wife and two older children are also natives of that country, but his third child, a daughter, is a natural-born citizen of the United States.”

What makes the third child different from her siblings? Only that she was born in the USA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Biden laughs while Ryan talks about our ambassador being murdered. What is so funny about Amb. Stevens, and three others, being MURDERED???
Is there anything funny about 1,250,000 legal murders of children annually in the United States while still in their mothers' wombs?
=
"According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), since 1973, roughly 50 million legal induced abortions have been performed in the United States. World wide, there have been over 1,260,000,000 abortions performed."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_the_...

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

A little girl asked her father:'How did the human race appear?'

The father answered,'God made Adam and Eve; they had children; and so was all mankind made.'

Two days later the girl asked her mother the same question.

The mother answered,'Many years ago there were monkeys from which the human race evolved.'

The confused girl returned to her father and said,'Dad, how is it possible that you told me the human race was created by God, and Mom said they developed from monkeys?'

The father answered,'Well, Dear, it is very simple. I told you about my side of the family, and your mother told you about hers.'
Learn to Read

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

LRS wrote:
<quoted text>It's called bias for the first black president just like the media has done. Same game. To a "T"! Why are you too stupid to see it for what it is? BTW, why did Clinton say; Shame on you BHO? You remember that don't you? LMAO pigeon
And devoid of facts, laws or a single clue, the pathetic ignorant Birfoon quickly yells "race" as if that justifies all

And here I thought you were just boring and ignorant. Now we can add angry and desperate to the list
LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
In the USA the courts, particularly the US Supreme Court, decide. Not you.
Who says they're honest? I don't because I know better.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Catholicism by state
Rank State
1 Rhode Island 63%
2 PENNSYLVANIA 53%
3 Massachusetts 44%
4 NEW JERSEY 39%
5 CALIFORNIA 37%
6 NEW YORK 36%
7 New Hampshire 35%
8 Connecticut 34%
9 TEXAS 32%
10 ARIZONA 31%
11-13 Illinois 30%
Louisiana 30%
North Dakota 30%
14 WISCONSIN 29%
15 Nebraska 28%
16-18 FLORIDA 26%
New Mexico 26%
Vermont 26%

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

President Starky wrote:
So you think Biden's bizarre,psychotic behavior of constantly rolling his eyes,throwing his head back and interrupting was impressive enough to stop Romney's continued rise and Obama's death spiral?
Never said anything like that.
I stated that Ryan's admission that he is in favor of abortion has alienated all Roman Catholics -- conservative Roman Catholics because he has turned his back on a sacred doctrine of his Church and liberal ones because he was willing to pander his "rock-solid, lifelong" beliefs to gain votes.
Ryan did himself in. He didn't need any help.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

LRS wrote:
Brainchild, did you notice the dates of those cases...2008 .... Gee, think they were influenced by Omama? LMAO pigeon
How much influence did your President Obama have on the courts in year BEFORE he was elected and inaugurated?
LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Terri Tanna wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there anything funny about 1,250,000 legal murders of children annually in the United States while still in their mothers' wombs?
=
"According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), since 1973, roughly 50 million legal induced abortions have been performed in the United States. World wide, there have been over 1,260,000,000 abortions performed."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_the_...
Try birth control if you're not wanting a child. Again, we're expected to bail someone out of their own mess! Bullchit!!!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
There is suspicion that Chief Justice Roberts was coerced into voting for Obama Care. I wonder what dirt Obama has on Roberts?

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Terri Tanna wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said anything like that.
I stated that Ryan's admission that he is in favor of abortion has alienated all Roman Catholics -- conservative Roman Catholics because he has turned his back on a sacred doctrine of his Church and liberal ones because he was willing to pander his "rock-solid, lifelong" beliefs to gain votes.
Ryan did himself in. He didn't need any help.
He didn't admit any such thing.
Roman Catholics are moving toward Romney/ Ryan and away from the party of abortion.
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
The above is a fine example of why Ann Coulter, Glenn Beck and the National Review all call birthers crazy. When court rulings are showed that disagree with the birther, he simply says that they are lying and that he knows better.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

President Starky wrote:
Its the economy.
CORRECT -- that's why our boy, Willard, is in deep trouble.
• U.S. equity market is up 121% under current admin. economic policies -- more wealth creation than any period in WORLD HISTORY
• U.S. Treasury creditworthiness at highest level in 224-years
• lowest tax rates on average people (less than $66,000 of income) in history
• lowest tax rates on wealthy people in history
• no significant inflation.
• housing prices up dramatically from the Bush low point in 2008
• national debt at manageable levels
LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Terri Tanna wrote:
<quoted text>
How much influence did your President Obama have on the courts in year BEFORE he was elected and inaugurated?
Are you so ignorant you can't recall what years those cases were in? And why did you drop the 2012 from my post. 2008-2012.....enuf said.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

40 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 min truth 48,866
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 min voice of peace 67,899
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min TheIndependentMajority 1,079,042
Abby 7-24 24 min edogxxx 2
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 29 min KrisChristie 1,856
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 48 min Frijoles 68,368
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 97,516
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 24 at 3:20AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search