BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...
Comments
103,381 - 103,400 of 177,461 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#116551 Oct 12, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't read and/or don't care about what posters write here, why do you bother coming to Topix? Now that you mention it, do you really thing that sane people who frequent this thread care about your name-calling, cussing, profanity, and downright boorish dirty vocabulary? Someone comes up with a point, well-written too I must say, and respectful, and your reply is "bullchit"? Do you think this places you on a higher plane than a grammar-school-yard bully? Like, you know : "Oh yeaaaah!, you may be the smartest kid in the class, but I can still beat you up". Get my drift?
There are some posts from flappers that I don't read, that is correct. jacqazz, you do as much name calling as anyone you hypocrite. jacqazz, the plane I'm on is giving all you anti-America flappers as much crap as you dish out. Can you dig it? I thought that you could. LMAO Remind me again, why you are even here? pig-eon
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#116553 Oct 12, 2012
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, the above is not a response to the points made. In fact it has nothing whatever to do with the issue, which was the allegiance of children born in the USA.
The fact that someone regards Obama as "anti-American" and a con man is not proof that the children of foreigners born in the USA do not have allegiance to the USA.
Re: "Do you honestly think I or any other non-flapper on here..."
I do not post for you. I post for any rational person who may be visiting this site and desires to see the facts.
When you claim anyone born on U.S. soil is a citizen, I say bullchit. That is a direct response. Matter of fact, that's as direct as it gets! pigeon
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#116554 Oct 12, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Another clueless monologue or did you just trip up in one of your multiple monikers?
The refugee (ha ha)
Actually, I got that from a post of yours! LMAO moronic pigeon
Jacques Ottawa

North York, Canada

#116555 Oct 12, 2012
America Got Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not too intelligent, huh?
How can one be both a coward and a bully at the same time, SKANK?
Sorry to barge in, but this is irresistable. You carry your name well.
A bully IS a coward, omg. Explanation : Who do bullies prey on? Weaker beings, like little boys, little girls, senior citizens, handicapped. Ergo, bullies are cowards. So, bully AND coward = YOU.
Jacques Ottawa

North York, Canada

#116556 Oct 12, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't a matter of getting the joke.
Its the fact that the joke isn't funny.
Typical Nook.
If you understood the joke, you would think it was funny. Except that it applies to you, so you may not.

FYI, Churchill's rapier-like witty repartees were published, so witty and intelligent were they, and that was one of them. I shan't bother wasting another one on the likes of you.
Jacques Ottawa

North York, Canada

#116557 Oct 12, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
I could really add to this but would probably be kicked off topix.
:)
Please feel free, I need to be enterained today, as LRS is not as his slithering-slug best.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#116558 Oct 12, 2012
Terri Tanna wrote:
Terri Tanna wrote:
"SO SADLY, Paul Ryan, our vice presidential candidate, botched the debate by his embarrassing ignorance in two key areas:
1- foreign policy
2- macroeconomics and U.S. economic policy.
"How could someone such as Ryan lose so ignominiously to Mr. Gaffe. More scary -- Ryan knows infinitely more about macroeconomics than does Willard, who has never studied it seriously."
====
<quoted text>
I listened to the debate with an Opus Dei group.
Everyone agreed: RYAN LOST THE ENTIRE ROMAN CATHOLIC VOTE FOR THE REPUBLICANS -- not just conservative Roman Catholics but all Roman Catholics.
Our numbers cannot be ignored.
=
"Since the 1960s, the percentage of Americans who are Catholic has stayed roughly the same, at around 25%,due in large part to increases in the Latino population over the same period."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_...
=
Catholicism by state
Rank State %[30] Largest Denomination
1 Rhode Island 63 Catholic
2 PENNSYLVANIA 53
3 Massachusetts 44
4 NEW JERSEY 39
5 CALIFORNIA 37
6 NEW YORK 36
7 New Hampshire 35
8 Connecticut 34
9 TEXAS 32
10 ARIZONA 31
11 Illinois 30
Louisiana
14 WISCONSIN 29 Catholic
15 Nebraska 28
16 FLORIDA 26
New Mexico
Vermont
=
At least Roman Catholics are not the major bloc in any of the swing states.
So easy bake oven thinks Biden's bizarre,psychotic behavior of constantly rolling his eyes,throwing his head back and interrupting was impressive enough to stop Romney's continued rise and Obama's death spiral?
LOL
"Stuff's gettin better"
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

#116559 Oct 12, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
When you claim anyone born on U.S. soil is a citizen, I say bullchit. That is a direct response. Matter of fact, that's as direct as it gets! pigeon
Not only a citizen, but a Natural Born Citizen.

U.S. 649, 674-75 (1898), and thus eligible for the presidency,

Ankeny v. Governor of Indiana (Indiana 2008 – Appellate Court) ruling: "Based upon the language of Article II, Section 1, Clause 4 and the guidance provided by Wong Kim Ark, we conclude that persons born within the borders of the United States are "natural born Citizens" for Article II, Section 1 purposes, regardless of the citizenship of their parents."

Tisdale v. Obama (Virginia federal court 2012) ruling: "It is well settled that those born in the United States are considered natural born citizens."

Purpura v. Obama (New Jersey 2012) ruling: "No court, federal, state or administrative, has accepted the challengers’ position that Mr. Obama is not a “natural born Citizen” due to the acknowledged fact that his father was born in Kenya and was a British citizen by virtue of the then applicable British Nationality Act. Nor has the fact that Obama had, or may have had, dual citizenship at the time of his birth and thereafter been held to deny him the status of natural born. It is unnecessary to reinvent the wheel here.… The petitioners’ legal position on this issue, however well intentioned, has no merit in law. Thus, accepting for the point of this issue that Mr. Obama was born in Hawaii, he is a ‘natural born Citizen’ regardless of the status of his father."

Voeltz v. Obama (Florida 2012) ruling: "However, the United States Supreme Court has concluded that ‘[e]very person born in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, becomes at once a citizen of the United States.‘Other courts that have considered the issue in the context of challenges to the qualifications of candidates for the office of President of the United States have come to the same conclusion.[The judge cites Hollander and Ankeny]

Allen v. Obama (Arizona 2012) ruling: "Most importantly, Arizona courts are bound by United States Supreme Court precedent in construing the United States Constitution, Arizona v. Jay J. Garfield Bldg. Co., 39 Ariz. 45, 54, 3 P.2d 983, 986(1931), and this precedent fully supports that President Obama is a natural born citizen under the Constitution and thus qualified to hold the office of President.… Contrary to Plaintiff’s assertion, Minor v. Happersett, 88 U.S. 162 (1874), does not hold otherwise"

Farrar (et al.) v. Obama (Georgia 2012) ruling: "In 2009, the Indiana Court of Appeals (“Indiana Court”) addressed facts and issues similar to those before this court.[Ankeny] v. Governor, 916 N.E.2d (Ind. Ct. App. 2009).… The Indiana Court rejected the argument that Mr. Obama was ineligible, stating that children born within the United States are natural born citizens, regardless of the citizenship of their parents.… This Court finds the decision and analysis of [Ankeny] persuasive."

The above case, Farrar, was the one that the US Supreme Court turned down the birther appeals of. That means that the ruling in Georgia stands.
Jacques Ottawa

North York, Canada

#116560 Oct 12, 2012
President Starky wrote:
Barack Obama met with the Queen of England.
He asked her, "Your Majesty, how do you run such an efficient
government? Are there any tips you can give me?"
..."Well," said the Queen, "the most important thing is to surround
yourself with intelligent people."
Obama frowned, and then asked, "But how do I know the people around
are really intelligent?"
The Queen took a sip of tea. "Oh, that's easy, you just ask them to
answer an intelligent riddle."
The Queen pushed a button on her intercom.
"Please send Tony Blair in here, would you?"
Tony Blair walked into the room and said, "Yes, Your Majesty?"
The Queen smiled and said, "Answer me this please, Tony. Your mother
and father have a child. It is not your brother and it is not your
sister. Who is it?"
Without pausing for a moment, Tony Blair answered, "That would be me."
"Yes! Very good," said the Queen.
Obama went back home to ask Joe Biden the same question. "Joe, answer
this for me. Your mother and your father have a child. It's not
your brother and it's not your sister. Who is it?"
"I'm not sure," said Biden. "Let me get back to you on that one." He
went to his advisers and asked everyone, but none could give him an
answer.
Finally, Biden ran in to Sarah Palin out eating one night. Biden
asked, "Sarah, can you answer this for me? Your mother and father
have a child and it's not your brother or your sister. Who is it?"
Sarah Palin answered right back, "That's easy, it's me!"
Biden smiled, and said, "Thanks!" Then, he went back to speak with
Obama. "Say, I did some research and I have the answer to that
riddle. It's Sarah Palin!"
Obama got up, stomped over to Biden, and angrily yelled into his
face, "No! You idiot! It's Tony Blair!"
Either you or Rogue came up with that one a week ago. Both senile, I guess. Anyhow, I agree it was funny the first time, but the second and soon the third time once more from Rogue, NOT.
Jacques Ottawa

North York, Canada

#116561 Oct 12, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
There are some posts from flappers that I don't read, that is correct. jacqazz, you do as much name calling as anyone you hypocrite. jacqazz, the plane I'm on is giving all you anti-America flappers as much crap as you dish out. Can you dig it? I thought that you could. LMAO Remind me again, why you are even here? pig-eon
For the 100th time, give me an example of any name-calling, save for a few "stupid" here and there. Name-calling that resembles buttflapper and dumbazzbastard. C'mon.
Jacques Ottawa

North York, Canada

#116562 Oct 12, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I got that from a post of yours! LMAO moronic pigeon
No, you didn't. I don't write badly like that.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

#116563 Oct 12, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
If you understood the joke, you would think it was funny. Except that it applies to you, so you may not.
FYI, Churchill's rapier-like witty repartees were published, so witty and intelligent were they, and that was one of them. I shan't bother wasting another one on the likes of you.
Must be your delivery.
Canada dry!

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

#116564 Oct 12, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Either you or Rogue came up with that one a week ago. Both senile, I guess. Anyhow, I agree it was funny the first time, but the second and soon the third time once more from Rogue, NOT.
I wasn't here.
The story wasn't meant for worthless foreign opinion.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#116565 Oct 12, 2012
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>Not only a citizen, but a Natural Born Citizen.

Ankeny v. Governor of Indiana (Indiana 2008 – Appellate Court) ruling: "Based upon the language of Article II, Section 1, Clause 4 and the guidance provided by Wong Kim Ark, we conclude that persons born within the borders of the United States are "natural born Citizens" for Article II, Section 1 purposes, regardless of the citizenship of their parents."

Tisdale v. Obama (Virginia federal court 2012) ruling: "It is well settled that those born in the United States are considered natural born citizens."

Purpura v. Obama (New Jersey 2012) ruling: "No court, federal, state or administrative, has accepted the challengers’ position that Mr. Obama is not a “natural born Citizen” due to the acknowledged fact that his father was born in Kenya and was a British citizen by virtue of the then applicable British Nationality Act. Nor has the fact that Obama had, or may have had, dual citizenship at the time of his birth and thereafter been held to deny him the status of natural born. It is unnecessary to reinvent the wheel here.… The petitioners’ legal position on this issue, however well intentioned, has no merit in law. Thus, accepting for the point of this issue that Mr. Obama was born in Hawaii, he is a ‘natural born Citizen’ regardless of the status of his father."

Voeltz v. Obama (Florida 2012) ruling: "However, the United States Supreme Court has concluded that ‘[e]very person born in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, becomes at once a citizen of the United States.‘Other courts that have considered the issue in the context of challenges to the qualifications of candidates for the office of President of the United States have come to the same conclusion.[The judge cites Hollander and Ankeny]

Allen v. Obama (Arizona 2012) ruling: "Most importantly, Arizona courts are bound by United States Supreme Court precedent in construing the United States Constitution, Arizona v. Jay J. Garfield Bldg. Co., 39 Ariz. 45, 54, 3 P.2d 983, 986(1931), and this precedent fully supports that President Obama is a natural born citizen under the Constitution and thus qualified to hold the office of President.Â… Contrary to PlaintiffÂ’s assertion, Minor v. Happersett, 88 U.S. 162 (1874), does not hold otherwise"

Farrar (et al.) v. Obama (Georgia 2012) ruling: "In 2009, the Indiana Court of Appeals (“Indiana Court”) addressed facts and issues similar to those before this court.[Ankeny] v. Governor, 916 N.E.2d (Ind. Ct. App. 2009).… The Indiana Court rejected the argument that Mr. Obama was ineligible, stating that children born within the United States are natural born citizens, regardless of the citizenship of their parents.… This Court finds the decision and analysis of [Ankeny] persuasive."

The above case, Farrar, was the one that the US Supreme Court turned down the birther appeals of. That means that the ruling in Georgia stands.
Yeah sure, that's what the law says ... but in Birfistan there is a higher authority than the law (it involves ruby slippers and repeating your deepest wish over and over)
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#116566 Oct 12, 2012
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Please feel free, I need to be enterained today, as LRS is not as his slithering-slug best.
Just another indication that I've gotten inside your head!
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#116567 Oct 12, 2012
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only a citizen, but a Natural Born Citizen.
Allen v. Obama (Arizona 2012) ruling: "Most importantly, Arizona courts are bound by United States Supreme Court precedent in construing the United States Constitution, Arizona v. Jay J. Garfield Bldg. Co., 39 Ariz. 45, 54, 3 P.2d 983, 986(1931), and this precedent fully supports that President Obama is a natural born citizen under the Constitution and thus qualified to hold the office of President.… Contrary to Plaintiff’s assertion, Minor v. Happersett, 88 U.S. 162 (1874), does not hold otherwise"
Brainchild, did you notice the dates of those cases...2008 & 2012. Gee, think they were influenced by Omama? LMAO pigeon
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#116568 Oct 12, 2012
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah sure, that's what the law says ... but in Birfistan there is a higher authority than the law (it involves ruby slippers and repeating your deepest wish over and over)
Hey, it's not my fault if the courts are wrong.
Jacques Ottawa

North York, Canada

#116569 Oct 12, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't here.
The story wasn't meant for worthless foreign opinion.
Well said. "DOH, gee gosh, I wasn't there when Christopher Columbus discovered America on behalf of the queen of Spain, so I guess it never happened".
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#116570 Oct 12, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, it's not my fault if the courts are wrong.
Hmmm. Every learned Judge and trained legal mind in the Country or LoserRepastingSpam - who is wrong? Boy that's a tough call!
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

#116571 Oct 12, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, it's not my fault if the courts are wrong.
In the USA the courts, particularly the US Supreme Court, decide. Not you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr NMx 1,100,983
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,662
Ping G20 Irons Compared With Cheap G15 Irons (May '12) 1 hr lucy 2
chief keef 1 hr sd 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr voice of peace 68,393
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr JOEL 69,030
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Louis Slungpoo 46,358
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search