First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#21 Jul 3, 2013
PEllen wrote:
But saying you'll be late and not showing up or calling for hours without a specific good reason is a strong signal. It escapes being called rude because she did at least call and didn't stand him up.
I think this is extremely rude. Not calling at all would be rude too but there's barely a difference. And I would find this unacceptable from a friend or anyone else, not just a significant other.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#22 Jul 3, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
And if you're blowing off the guy at the stage where you should most likely be kind of ga ga over him, what are you going to do 5 years later? Treat him even worse?
This is kind of what I'm hitting on. If you're in a new relationship, that person is your number one priority. Only after you've been dating a while, does it seem more likely that the beau will take more of a back-seat. Tonka seems turned around on that concept.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#23 Jul 3, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
This is kind of what I'm hitting on. If you're in a new relationship, that person is your number one priority. Only after you've been dating a while, does it seem more likely that the beau will take more of a back-seat. Tonka seems turned around on that concept.
And the point I was trying to get at was this might *always* happen with the kind of job she has, and if he's going to get whiney about now, when he's supposed to be all ga-ga over her, what's he going to be like in 5 years?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#24 Jul 3, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I think this is extremely rude. Not calling at all would be rude too but there's barely a difference. And I would find this unacceptable from a friend or anyone else, not just a significant other.
Okay. I will agree that her conduct was rude.

Two questions:

Could this have been her way of luring him into breaking up with her if she was too chicken to do it directly?

If you have been casually dating for a couple months, does that qualify a person as a significant other?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min sonicfilter 1,276,576
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 53 min JRB 196,915
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Perrie Winkle 6,424
How to get into the USA. 2 hr New Beach Boys Song 3
a teachers lament. 2 hr Flubadub 6
ask amy 8-29-15 2 hr Kuuipo 6
abby8-31-15 2 hr Mrs Gladys Kravitz 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages