of 2
Next Last

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#21 Mar 24, 2014
Kuuipo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your wife is OK with you shaving twice a week. LW's wife is not OK with it. Big difference.
No, I don't like the way beards look. They cover up the face. I prefer to see faces and jawlines rather than beards. And I really don't like the way they feel. So I do feel for the LW's wife more than the LW. LW's wife is like me - she likes a clean-shaven man. It is a preference.
My wife's PREFERENCE is to be somewhat clean shaven aside from the goatee, but her preference does not automatically become daily requirement on my part. My PREFERENCE is to have a wife with the figure of Kate Upton, but that does not create a requirement for my wife's workout habits.
Kuuipo wrote:
I get your point about control, but I think it's LW who is making it into a control issue.
Really? Perhaps I am reading a different column than you.
LW wrote:
My wife has threatened to cancel card games with friends, cancel our weekend trip to her brother's birthday celebration, cancel our upcoming European river cruise
She sounds wonderful. She simply has a preference. One that he must strictly adhere to or face severe consequences. Still, just a preference. No biggie.
LW wrote:
I have told her I will shave prior to any social engagement we both attend, as well as public events like civic club, etc.
What a controlling a-hole!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#22 Mar 25, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
My wife's PREFERENCE is to be somewhat clean shaven aside from the goatee, but her preference does not automatically become daily requirement on my part. My PREFERENCE is to have a wife with the figure of Kate Upton, but that does not create a requirement for my wife's workout habits.
<quoted text>
Really? Perhaps I am reading a different column than you.
<quoted text>
She sounds wonderful. She simply has a preference. One that he must strictly adhere to or face severe consequences. Still, just a preference. No biggie.
<quoted text>
What a controlling a-hole!
Right on.

How many times do you hear women say it's my body ... I'll do what I want to with it, but almost all the women on here think this guy should just obey his wife. Eff that b1tch.

I never shave. Ever. I always have stubble. I haven't shaved in probably 3 years. I shave my head every week or so with clippers and I trim my facial hair to the same length as the hair on my head. My wife prefers me clean shaven, but she deals with the fact that it's my face and I'll decide what I do with it, not her. I don't pick out her nail colors or tell her what to wear or how to present herself, either.

Honestly of she were so OCD about it we probably wouldn't be married because that sort of need to control would most certainly manifest itself elsewhere and I wouldn't put up with it. The LW's wife sounds like a complete nut case.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#23 Mar 25, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on.
How many times do you hear women say it's my body ... I'll do what I want to with it, but almost all the women on here think this guy should just obey his wife. Eff that b1tch.
But not all of us. I am not the only one who has landed on the LW's side in this. Check the first page.
I think his wife is a controlling b1tch as much as you do.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#24 Mar 25, 2014
I have very sensitive skin so I'd prefer a clean shaven guy. Not a requirement, but it makes a difference to me. I'd appeal to the person about having my face break out in a rash from the stubble and/or facial hair. I would not feel I get to dictate, however.

That said, my hair is down to the middle of my back. I find longer hair easier to deal with than short hair. Short hair you usually have to style it a lot unless you're going super short. I will say, though, that my hair is getting to the point of being a pain b/c of the length. I'll probably get 3-4 inches chopped off. It's too long now for the turbie towel and it's getting knotted more easily now which is a PITA.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Realtime 1,745,068
Trump is A 2 hr CrunchyBacon 581
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr CrunchyBacon 105,470
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr Julia 12,219
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr Julia 1,063
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr loose cannon 243,399
ms 13 6 hr test 8

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages