First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#21 May 16, 2014
PEllen wrote:
L3 There are people out there who think that way. It is best we know about them even if other large groups disagree..
After the 08 election, someone did a survey/statistical analysis that compared states which were considered red, i.e. conservative vs blue states and compared the number of teenaged births and single mother births. Red states, particularly evangelical groups had significantly higher unmarried births.
Not in edogworld.

It really doesn't matter if it's dropping or not. Actually the rates have been stagnant in the past few years. What matters is it is still too high.

"According to Abma, the country with the next highest teen birth rate is the United Kingdom–and our rate is 1 1/2 times higher, and the gap keeps growing after that. In Canada the teen birth rate is 13 per 1,000. Here, it's 43 per 1,000."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr VetnorsGate 1,728,917
Change one letter in the word (Apr '12) 1 hr winner 27
Change one letter in the word (Mar '12) 1 hr winner 45
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr winner 1,034
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr winner 2,550
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr winner 6,935
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr winner 3,761

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages