Problem Solver helps woman get full r...

Problem Solver helps woman get full refund from spa

There are 395 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Nov 7, 2007, titled Problem Solver helps woman get full refund from spa. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

By the time Pam Parer made it home from the spa one August evening, she already had second thoughts about the contract she had just signed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

“Victimized by Pure Med Spa”

Since: Feb 08

Portland, OR

#27 Feb 26, 2008
If you were mentally, financially and/or emotionally victimized as a consumer or an empoloyee of Pure Med Spa, a Task Force intending legal action is wanting to hear your story.

Share your details at http://www.puremedspafeedback.com but be very sure to provide your real first name, your email address, and mention only the facts, not suspicions. Mention the first of last name of anyone at Pure Med Spa you dealt with, and what speficially did they do to victimize you. Give us the dates, the names (as mentioned already), and any witnesses or collaborating evidence that
would be of benefit to attorney's review the case.

We have created a second site, more of an introductory site with resources. As time goes on this main site will have even more links of interest. Your input can be sent to its founder (who is also a financial victim of $7900 to date and a wife who has been traumatized by this occurance.)

Visit our resource site at: http://www.puremedspacompliants.com

And please pass the word --- that anyone who has a valid story to tell should come forward and share it with us. The sum of a few can help many. Let's get started!
Megan

Baltimore, MD

#29 Feb 27, 2008
Paula wrote:
I am sure that there are people other than upper middle class spoiled housewives that need your help. She should have lost her money and would have deserved it.
Wow, you have absolutely no idea how unethical and corrupt this "medical facility" is!
BerylG - Seattle WA

Seattle, WA

#30 Feb 27, 2008
Megan is right Paula, if you would investigate Pure Med Spa and GE Care Credit like Megan and I have independently, you would be more gracious in your comments.

Go to http://www.puremedspacomplaints.com and http://puremedspacomplaints.blogspot.com and read for yourself.....

We need more input from victims who have been wronged. Go visit these two websites so we can put a class action suit into play.
Brunnette

Las Vegas, NV

#31 Mar 7, 2008
[I used to work there, what happened to your bolg??? i might be able to get you some info,
Brunnette

Las Vegas, NV

#32 Mar 7, 2008
I used to work for the company, what happenned to your blog???
Beryl

Portland, OR

#33 Mar 8, 2008
Those of you who have been victimized by Pure Med Spa and GE Care Credit (GE Money), you need to know we changed the BLOG ADDRESS from puremedspafeedback.blogspot.com to a name that includes the word COMPLAINTS....

So if you want to register a complaint and learn how to get resolution based on the success of our followers of the BLOG, go to:

www.puremedspacomplaints.blogspot.com

Please, please, please, if you tell us your story, do so by stating your name and email address. If you choose to remain anonymous,then we cannot contact you directly to assist you.

We are in no way connected to either of these companies...We are a victim ourselves and a rallying point to which we all can get restitution for any financial woes they placed on us fraudulently.

We also have a great resource site using the name of ---- http://www.puremedspacomplaints.com which suggests all the places to send your 2000 character story --- from the FTC, TV Investigative reporters, and State and Federal Attorney General Office (Consumer Protection Division)---

Together we can concur this --- join us!

[email protected]
Beryl

Portland, OR

#34 Mar 8, 2008
Brunnette wrote:
I used to work for the company, what happenned to your blog???
Go to http://www.puremedspacomplaints.com
Beryl

Portland, OR

#35 Mar 8, 2008
Brunnette wrote:
[I used to work there, what happened to your bolg??? i might be able to get you some info,
For the blog, go to:

http://www.puremedspacomplaints.blogspot.com

Victims Resource Center, go to:

http://www.puremedspacomplaints.com
Beryl

Portland, OR

#38 Mar 8, 2008
Beryl wrote:
<quoted text>
For the blog, go to:
http://www.puremedspacomplaints.blogspot.com
Victims Resource Center, go to:
http://www.puremedspacomplaints.com
Just added a new Complaint Blog for Employees ands hope they will come out of the woodwork and help us victims out...

Go to the new employee complaint site at:

http://puremedspa-employeecomplaints.blogspot...

And no, this BLOG is in no way associated with Pure Merd Spa. It is authored by a consumer victim of the company however. And that explains the persistence to get restitution!

Maybe they are victims as well....like a battered wife who has been struggling for years and threatened if she leaves???? This day and age who knows what people are up against!
Still-Frowning

San Diego, CA

#39 Mar 11, 2008
I tried them recently for Botox. Being new to the area I did not go to my regular place.
I prepaid for the 100 units for $900 (as I was told it was such a bargain).
I used almost half for my treatment but unfortunately it didn’t work hardly at all.
I have done this four times in the past and never had a problem. I scheduled a follow up for touch-up thinking they would make it right but instead they charged me for the rest of my balance. I feel like such a complete fool allowing myself to get ripped off like this. I will never step foot inside another Pure Med Spa again and either will anyone I know if I can help it.
Please don't make the same mistake I did.
get a referal from someone you know before trying a new place.
Beryl

Portland, OR

#41 Mar 14, 2008
Here is the answer that all of us have been waiting for....this is a message from the Credit Supervisor at GE Money:
Hi Beryl.. I wanted to let you know your account balance is zero, and I am currently working on deleting the reporting tradeline at all three major credit reporting agencies. Please let your contacts know they can call me or send an email at anytime. Please ask them to include their name, phone # and account # for my review. Thanks and please feel free to give me a call or email me at anytime. Thanks for taking time to speak with me and have a good week-end."

Since Topix wont allow us to give contact info to resolve financial problem because of your being victimized, then I ask you send your stories to [email protected] and we will give you a private victims website to meet other victims and a resource center to help plot your recovery plan. And also give you the full contact info for Theresa at GE Money, just as she asked I do.
Past Employee

Pullman, WA

#42 Mar 20, 2008
I am disturbed to see all these negative comments about a company that is here to help and serve the average person. Yes I agree Pure Med Spa may not have as much structure as they would like however they are a new company, I worked for the company for 6 months had to live for personal reasons. While workig for Pure Med Spa we were always trained that are clients come first, customer service always a must and trainng and educating was always their focus. I want to add that any employee that is in the service department of Pure Med Spa are all licensed, and to respond to the comment above, I know as an eye witness that Washington and Oregon stores are closely supervised regulated by store managers trainers and regionals including medical staff on board (Doctors, Nurses) I am proud to say I have worked for this company and am appauled at what client would do to get a refund, this is a Medical Facility not WAL MART!

“Victimized by Pure Med Spa”

Since: Feb 08

Seattle, WA

#44 Mar 21, 2008
Update - if you feel you have been victimized financially by Pure Med Spa, and GE Care Credit is billing you, give this lady a call at GE Money and tell her that "Beryl" referred you....Theresa has approved of this message and asked me to share it with everyone I;ve been in contact with...

Her name is Theresa and she is the supervisor. Her number is 800-419-5010 x5535.

Recommend you call her once a week until the charges you were incorrectly billed are reversed and the credit bureau has been notified appropriately and your credit scores have regained any resultant drop from this fiasco. Theresa is a supervisor and seems to want to help....she says GE Care has broken relations with Pure Med Spa....that has not yet been validated...

If you have been helped, please let us know here and by email at [email protected] (this is our private domain we got just for feedback)
Carol

Regina, Canada

#45 Mar 21, 2008
Pur Med Spa Head Office
87 Avenue Road, Suite 273
Hazelton Lanes
Toronto, Ontario
Canada M5R 1B8
PRESIDENT: PAT GIBBONS
Carol

Regina, Canada

#46 Mar 21, 2008
PUR MED SPA
Phone:
(Four One Six) Four O Eight-O Three O Five
Extention: One O Nine
DKM2

United States

#47 Mar 26, 2008
How did this turn out for you? Have you had any success contacting anyone else within the company? We have an issue with them taking money for treatments and refusing to actually DO them and, like you, have gotten as far as Jodi but can't get any response back to messages. Also looking for address/contact name to sent paperwork to HQ at. It's all in getting to the right person!

BTW - God bless your daughter and those like her for all they have done for America.:)
Pure Med Spa Problem wrote:
YEs Pure Med Spa is a Problem. In my case my daughter was promised treatments when she returned to the Southcenter Pure Med Spa when she signed up in Feburary 07 and was told she could use it anytime. When returning from the Kuwait after serving in the United States Airfore, she tried to contact the Southcenter Office to have a Spa treatment in October 07 in September 07 when she knew she would be in the Seattle area. They had no record, and the manager would not return her calls. I contacted the BBB and Pure Med did not respond. I contacted the Toronto head office and they will not refund her money since she signed a contract. It is fraud on Pure Med Spa for not delivering but charging her creditcard last Feb 07. Pure Med Spa is a company that does not back up there product or admit when they are wrong. I wish I knew who the CEO and President, Board of Directors was so I could contact them. It is a unservice to the Miltary by taking they hard earn money and not giving service or refund. Jody Evans of Pure Med in Toronto was the last person I e-mail. I will continue on till I get a refund. Hopefully, someone can help me with this.
DKM2

United States

#48 Mar 26, 2008
We're in Oregon and have filed with Att General here as well. How did this turn out for you? Have you had any success contacting anyone else within the company? We have an issue with them taking money for treatments and refusing to actually DO them and, have gotten as far as Jodi Evans at HQ (by phone) but can't get any response back to messages. Also looking for address/contact name to sent paperwork to HQ at. It's all in getting to the right person!
Beryl wrote:
My wife was scammed also at Lynnwood PURE MED SPA and the Attorney General's Office is investingating....please contact me so we can team up against the company...BERYL
<quoted text>
Carol

Regina, Canada

#49 Mar 29, 2008
DKM2 wrote:
We're in Oregon and have filed with Att General here as well. How did this turn out for you? Have you had any success contacting anyone else within the company? We have an issue with them taking money for treatments and refusing to actually DO them and, have gotten as far as Jodi Evans at HQ (by phone) but can't get any response back to messages. Also looking for address/contact name to sent paperwork to HQ at. It's all in getting to the right person!
<quoted text>
Pur Med Spa Head Office
87 Avenue Road, Suite 273
Hazelton Lanes
Toronto, Ontario
Canada M5R 1B8
Robin Porter

Warwick, MD

#50 Apr 1, 2008
I am having the same problem as you gals. I bought $2,500 worth of face packages: microderm, acid peel, and i have no results. nada! nothing! I had a total of 5 mixed treatments. The told me they'd give me factional lazer treatments. I had one, no change and that was 6 months ago. i havne't had another one because they're not doing them since the providers need more trianing. They're telling me mid April they may start them again. I am willing to take these treatments. They told me I could get them until I noticed a different, which would be about 5 treatments. Let's hope that's what they do. My daughter signed up for the same facial treatments and hasn't seen any improvement in her skin either. It's a total hoax! They give great facials, so we're going to try to use hers for facials. When I'm in there, every time, there's at least one person screaming beacuase they're unhappy with the treatment they received. What about a lawsuit? I'm sure in my area of Torrance, CA there's a lot of unhappy customers who are upset they're paying this monet for nothing. If I call someone in a higher level than the manager at the store, i get no answer, voice mail, never get a call back. I mailed in lots of material about the procedures they're given, showing the didn't work and never heard a word. That's when the manager called me in and stuck a deal to give me fractional. Which, after one treatment, they aren't avialable to give more. Total frustration! Idahoflygirl
Robin Porter

Warwick, MD

#51 Apr 1, 2008
Beryl wrote:
My wife was scammed also at Lynnwood PURE MED SPA and the Attorney General's Office is investingating....please contact me so we can team up against the company...BERYL
<quoted text>
My daughter and I signed up in Torrance California. We have not received any of the success from the treatment wer were promised. They say they're gong to give up other treatments. I have been trying for 6 months to get these'other'treamtents. Every time I call, they're not ready.My daughter and I are bot willing to get involved in a lawsuit, possible small claims. Noone returns our calls. Idahoflygirl

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min USAsince1680 1,405,421
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 26 min CrunchyBacon 103,157
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr honeymylove 2,279
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr GEORGIA 1,810
Al Sharpton 2 hr STARfukinDeleting 6
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr GEORGIA 2,866
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr SweLL GirL 9,224
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Hill4me 219,666

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages