Problem Solver helps woman get full r...

Problem Solver helps woman get full refund from spa

There are 395 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Nov 7, 2007, titled Problem Solver helps woman get full refund from spa. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

By the time Pam Parer made it home from the spa one August evening, she already had second thoughts about the contract she had just signed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

webmaster

Concord, Canada

#416 Aug 12, 2010
on website http://gtawebmaster.com/ live chat support script, chat provide visitors information like: host name / ip , browser, resolution, and referer ( from where visitor come )
when you publish our link http://gtawebmaster.com/showroom/
we start receive new visitors from http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TB723RGTRP...
louisetalbotjeff nourse

Guelph, Canada

#417 Aug 12, 2010
how many hits did you get over there in one day? shows how wanted these people are!
Tracy Landon

Seattle, WA

#418 Aug 12, 2010
louisetalbotjeffnourse wrote:
webmaster how did you know about my post, and reply the same day?? very strange. hope you feel good about getting paid by con artists.
Thats IF he actually got paid!
Seriously

Bonney Lake, WA

#419 Aug 12, 2010
Hello Webmaster or should I say Ron. He has worked for Jeff and Louise for years. He's also working for Altima (JEFF). Im sure all the employees remember him...
tired of this crap

Medina, WA

#420 Aug 13, 2010
jeff and louise stole a lot of money from me.

If someone knows when they are going to be in Seattle area then please post the details. I am going to have a face to face with these scumbags. I can't wait!!
Complaints

Toronto, Canada

#421 Aug 17, 2010
I was also treated unfairly by Pure Med Spa. I started a blog about my experience:

Check this out:
http://puremedspa-complaints.blogspot.com/
kathy

Redmond, WA

#422 Aug 18, 2010
The following represents my opinion of what happened to britesmiles. It may not be true so just consider this a hypothesis that fits my observations while working for them. Jeff NOURSE and Louise TALBOT previously were executives of Pure Med Spa which was bankrupted through mis management and fraud. They were squeezed out by other parties. The 2 lonely execs took up roost with Britesmiles... another company near bankruptcy.
They made an offer on PURE MED SPA when it was in bankruptcy and obtained control of the company again ( thanks to the diligent trustee) and set about converting them to britesmiles brand name. They had to pay the 25 million dollar sale price some how, probably on a payment plan using sales revenue. They then looked for investors but no one wants to deal with known scumbags so they hatched a plan. They picked the best locations and set about remodelling them using money obtained by selling services they never intended to deliver. General Growth properties evicted them so they had to relocate a few stores. Money got tighter due to the unplanned relocations and they had to stop paying employees and vendors but the kept dumping as much money as they could into the locations they wanted to keep and of course Renew Beauty Med Spa in Dallas Texas ( Louise Talbots personal store) was also paid for with sales revenue from Britesmiles or BSML, INC. These locations in Chicago Washington and Oregon were sold to Altima Dental Group of Toronto with Jeff and Louise as silent partners. The stores were renamed Pinnacle Med spas and continued to operate. They recently changed names again and are now called Ibody Medspas. Apparently Jeff NOURSE works for Ibody as a sales consultant.
Britesmile was forced into bankruptcy by unpaid vendors who will recover nothing. Louise operates her salon http://renewbeautymedspa.com/ and Jeff operates Ibody. http://www.ibodymedspas.com/ .
All paid for with the sales made to customers at too good to be true prices. They knew they would never deliver the services when they were selling you these products in 2009.

Here is my personal opinion of these two.

They are train wrecks. Beware of JEFF NOURSE and LOUISE TALBOT. They are pathological liars and cheats. The worst kind of lowlife. who will take your money and burn, scar and maim you, with their low quality service.
http://cbs2chicago.com/local/scarred.pure.med...
http://clackamas.katu.com/content/burned-and-...

http://laragardner.wordpress.com/2010/04/14/o...
Dr Bobweave

United States

#423 Sep 8, 2010
As a former Dentist for Britesmile, I can attest to the fact that we were making money, although not profitable overall due to the enormous capital to start Britesmile. From the start Britesmile had a very poor management team, including all the former CEO's, Dr. Feneley included. They were very greedy and might I add arrogant, cheap too! When the old guard at Britesmile saw one more chance to make a buck for themselves, they took it. First with Andy Rudnick and Louise Talbooty, then Jeff Nourse. And with it destroyed Britesmile. The whole beauty spa business is a scam wake up people. How can you trust people who are not licensed medical and dental professionals with your health. I will tell you, plain old frugality, another words bargain hunting. Good you deserve what you received a royal screwing at the hands of common crooks, JEFF, LOUISE, MAUREEN-hello babe miss you, Shay, Dimitria. Applaud yourselves Whoa Whoo! Now go find a new bank to rob!
x employee

United States

#424 Sep 8, 2010
wow!!! Both of the previous posts before me are right on it. The saddest part is that for the time being jeff and louise have gotten away with it. I was employed by them for several years and I could tell some stories!! I am proud of how I ran things the fall out for clients was minimal because I refused to sell what I couldn't deliver. I hope that someday their nightmares come true and they are both penniless and hungry.
kathy

Medina, WA

#425 Sep 9, 2010
they haven't gotten away with it yet. I am pursuing them and will make them pay one way or another.
satisfaction will be mine. Jeff and Louise, you should no that I am both patient and persistent. You made an enemy that will work diligently to bring you down.
Visit this link so their webmaster can report this info back to their thieving client.
http://gtawebmaster.com/showroom/
hahahah

San Jose, CA

#427 Sep 10, 2010
too funny
Tracy Landon

Seattle, WA

#428 Sep 10, 2010
Former employees probably have an even BETTER chance of bringing them down. You have alot of info on your plates that could implicate them for fraud.
Band together and get a good attorney.
Tahiti

Cave Junction, OR

#430 Sep 12, 2010
Please contact me if there is a lawsuit action against Pure Spa. I paid for a series of treatments, received two of those and suddenly was unable to reach them by phone. Their voice mail box was full for about two weeks so I drove the hour and a half from my home to their location and Pure Spa was no longer there. Vanished. I contacted another location about 3 and half hours from my home, was unable to retrieve any info regarding the closure, was told my files could not be transferred to them despite the closure of the other location. I was able to get the name, phone number and email of the district manager. When I called her, her vmail box was also full. I then wrote her a very detailed email, but never heard back from her. I then contacted my credit card, and through a filed dispute my credit card granted me a credit for the charge on my account. I thought it was all settled at that point, but apparently Pure Spa contacted them at the very end of the 'statute of limitations'. Pure Spa told my credit card that PS as a company has a NON-Refundable policy and that I had called for mulitple appointments and never showed--a comletely fabricated lie!! I wouldn't do that to myself--spend over a thousand dollars for nothing, that would be lucicrous! Being the 'statue of limitations' had passed there was nothing my credit card could do for me besides crediting my account for a few months of interest, apologizing, and thanking me for handling the situation "with class"!

Still Pure Med Spa is unavailable via phone or website contact.

They are crooks!

My email is [email protected]
Kate McGee

Brookline, MA

#431 Sep 13, 2010
Tahiti:

That's B.S. The statue of limitations in my credit card agreements are for protecting the consumer in the event that they change their mind and want a refund.

In your case, this is simply not true.

You purchased the services, want to use the services, to the point that you have driven almost 2 hours to receive them. But because Pure took your money, and then shut down in the middle of the night, you cannot.

That is FRAUD.

IMMEDIATELY contact your credit card company and demand that they re open your claim, not under the "statue of limitation" but because of FRAUD.

Credit card companies are not your friends. They will do every and anything to put you off from getting a refund because they have no company in which to do a "charge back". They will have to absorb the loss.

So what.

They are also making millions of dollars a year off of fees. The fees, by the way, that you are paying to protect yourself from this situation. Otherwise consumers would just write checks or pay in cash.

Please contact me if you need any additional assistance in getting your money back.

Kate McGee
Former General Manager
Boston BriteSmile
[email protected]
kathy

Medina, WA

#433 Sep 19, 2010
If you follow this link to their webmaster you will see that they profit very well from these crooks

http://gtawebmaster.com/showroom/

This company does websites for PURE .BRITESMILES .,,ALTIMA DENTAL, RENEW BEAUTY, IBODY ,,CALIFORNIA LASER MEDSPA, CHARM BEAUTY, JUVA MEDSPA.

THIS COMPANY IS PAID WITH THE DOLLARS STOLEN FROM US.

GTAWEBMASTER OF INFOEMPIRE INC IS AS GUILTY AS THEIR CROOKED CLIENT FOR HELPING TO FACILITATE THESE SCAMS.
jess

Fremont, CA

#434 Sep 19, 2010
Sandy wrote:
She has to sign the credit card slip when she is charged, which is what happened. It is clearly stated to each and every client that they have to pay in full before treatments are rendered. So that should not be part of her complaint. And there is a document they must sign acknowledging that there are no refunds. Consumers should educated themselves more, contain their excitement and not try to blame the company. She was lucky she got the refund, because legally, they didn't have to give it to her.
People like that are the reason prices are higher.
Dallas

Dallas, TX

#439 Oct 8, 2010
There is another Groupon going on in Dallas for Renew Spa at NorthPark. If this spa is really run by Louise, then there sure are alot of people getting screwed over!! Shouldn't someone warn Groupon about what's going on??
Jeff Nourse Louise Talbo

Medina, WA

#440 Nov 2, 2010
Her is a current phone number for

Jeff Nourse
395 Queens St.
Toronto, Ontario
(416) 543-720
1234567abc

Bowmanville, Canada

#442 Dec 2, 2010
That may be true but I worked for him and when he found out I was pregnant he "restructured" me out of my job along with 100 other employees!
Who does that? someone who is selfish, and has no morals thats who!
I was 4 months pregnant and was unable to get a new job anywhere so again I ask you who does that? who would fire a pregnant woman knowing it would be hard to find work? how was I suppose to pay my bills?
I know who you are MMM......you got fired and I jumped for joy. You were a bitch to work for and you got what you deserved. The 100 women you fired, for no reason...are happy.
Janet

Seattle, WA

#444 Dec 5, 2010
Jeff Nourse Louise Talbo wrote:
Her is a current phone number for
Jeff Nourse
395 Queens St.
Toronto, Ontario
(416) 543-720
Hey, you're missing a digit- could you repeat that number for f___f___?(aka Jeff Nourse)Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nuculur option 1,384,096
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Rogue Scholar 05 214,641
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 41 min SweLL GirL 8,466
Instagram fitness journey FOLLOW 1 hr Tylerwkline 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr The Donald_ 59,545
Quit trashing Obama's accomplishments. He's don... 2 hr Go Blue Forever 11
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 3 hr GEORGIA 1,527
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages