“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#41 Feb 20, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
You're most likely not roommates anymore. You have your CD and your old roommate has hers.
That could be one reason.
But we were at the time. So you get a cd neither of us has right now, and get the duplicate later on when we're not living together anymore.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#42 Feb 20, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Who gets in the shower right after ordering pizza?
Who plans their shower around when delivery might arrive?

You get home from a day out and both need showers and dinner. One of you jumps in the shower, the other orders the food. As long as one of you is ready to open the door when it gets there, what does it matter. There's no requirement that you gotta tear onto ot the minute it gets there.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#43 Feb 20, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Who plans their shower around when delivery might arrive?
You get home from a day out and both need showers and dinner. One of you jumps in the shower, the other orders the food. As long as one of you is ready to open the door when it gets there, what does it matter. There's no requirement that you gotta tear onto ot the minute it gets there.
I just wouldn't hop in the shower after pizza is ordered. But then, I don't order pizza all that much. And if I had the need to get into the shower, I'd probably leave the money on the table.

Naw, that's not right. I order online so I pay for it online including tip.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#44 Feb 20, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I just wouldn't hop in the shower after pizza is ordered. But then, I don't order pizza all that much. And if I had the need to get into the shower, I'd probably leave the money on the table.
Naw, that's not right. I order online so I pay for it online including tip.
All to proactively ensure there would be no need for your husband to have reasonto touch your phone or purse?

You both get home from work friday night. Sit for a few. Collectively decide on pizza for dinner. You could not envision a scenario where you just leave it to him to order the pizza while you are in the shower? You proactively make sure he has the number and money before you head to the shower?

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#45 Feb 20, 2014
Awwww, someone's panties are in a twist.

In my eyes, you are foolish in your faith, but hey, it's your life.

I will bet dollars to doughnuts that the odds of you being the victim of a crime are greater than the odds of someone looking thru your contact list on your phone, but you just keep guarding it honey!

And I really dont see the comparison, unless you were just trying to snipe at me because I thing your obsession over what's yours is extreme. I could never ask my SO to have to ask my permission to call the pizza guy.

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, then in your eyes I have issues. But I do trust my fellow man enough not to carry a gun wherever I go.

“Where is Tonka?”

#46 Feb 20, 2014
It's only fun for her when she is bashing me with it.
Get Off My Lawn!
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>All to proactively ensure there would be no need for your husband to have reasonto touch your phone or purse?
You both get home from work friday night. Sit for a few. Collectively decide on pizza for dinner. You could not envision a scenario where you just leave it to him to order the pizza while you are in the shower? You proactively make sure he has the number and money before you head to the shower?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#47 Feb 20, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>All to proactively ensure there would be no need for your husband to have reasonto touch your phone or purse?
Never had that scenario except when he ordered the pizza he paid for it.

Flash to now, I usually don't have much cash at all. As for the number, who doesn't use the 'net?

I will admit to being internet connected more so than other people. When I need something at the store (other than groceries or regular sundries), I would price-check on the 'net and I might order it right from there. If it's something I need right away, I price-check on the internet.

So for me, my initial reaction is why wouldn't you just look it up on the internet? That's where I view the take-out menus. While you're there why wouldn't just order it?

Like I said, I don't order much pizza. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#48 Feb 20, 2014
RACE wrote:
It's only fun for her when she is bashing me with it.
Get Off My Lawn!
<quoted text>
I think you're both nuts in your own special way and am beginning to lean more to nurture than nature. You're nutty cattyong aroind of a weapon in your own house can trace back to you beong victimized on your house.

Toj attributed her quirk to how she grew up, but I think its more tied to how her ex treated her.

That being said, I'm 42 damn years old. I've never been the victim of a violent crime, but I'm sure I've had people look thru my phone. I reject your assertion.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#49 Feb 20, 2014
RACE wrote:
Awwww, someone's panties are in a twist.
In my eyes, you are foolish in your faith, but hey, it's your life.
I will bet dollars to doughnuts that the odds of you being the victim of a crime are greater than the odds of someone looking thru your contact list on your phone, but you just keep guarding it honey!
And I really dont see the comparison, unless you were just trying to snipe at me because I thing your obsession over what's yours is extreme. I could never ask my SO to have to ask my permission to call the pizza guy.
<quoted text>
Nope. No panties twisted. So what faith am I foolish in?

I didn't snipe but rather brought up the gun thing b/c it is about personal differences. I didn't say that you had issues yet you say I have some kind of issues b/c I like my privacy. I didn't name call but you did. I'm not guarding my phone, I just own it.

I have friends that have permission to pick up my phone and do whatever. Asked me once to use it and I said, "sure, whenever just grab it". But they asked first. Someone said "respect" and I have to agree with that. Respecting other people's property and privacy.

I don't think I ever said a SO needs permission to call the pizza guy. Exaggerate much?

Plus, if my SO is ordering pizza it wasn't my idea.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#50 Feb 20, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Never had that scenario except when he ordered the pizza he paid for it.
Flash to now, I usually don't have much cash at all. As for the number, who doesn't use the 'net?
I will admit to being internet connected more so than other people. When I need something at the store (other than groceries or regular sundries), I would price-check on the 'net and I might order it right from there. If it's something I need right away, I price-check on the internet.
So for me, my initial reaction is why wouldn't you just look it up on the internet? That's where I view the take-out menus. While you're there why wouldn't just order it?
Like I said, I don't order much pizza. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
By the same token, why would I look it up on the web, only to have to dial it onto the phone, when i know the number is already in you phone. Easier to just use your phone. Save some steps. I don't need a menu to order pizza.

“Where is Tonka?”

#51 Feb 20, 2014
I wont dispute that is part of it. Experience is a great teacher. I am just glad I lived to learn the lesson.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I think you're both nuts in your own special way and am beginning to lean more to nurture than nature. You're nutty cattyong aroind of a weapon in your own house can trace back to you beong victimized on your house.

“Where is Tonka?”

#52 Feb 20, 2014
We are not speaking about you. You have already admitted that you all but hand the phone over.

toj however guards it like a momma bird at the nest I stipulate that nobody cares enough to go thru the hassle.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
That being said, I'm 42 damn years old. I've never been the victim of a violent crime, but I'm sure I've had people look thru my phone. I reject your assertion.

“Where is Tonka?”

#53 Feb 20, 2014
Please pay attention to what you write. The faith in your fellow man, go back and read.
And reading your response about Your phone, Your purse etc, it comes across as totally hostile. Maybe you dont think so, but to me, it reads like your gollum guarding your precious. I simply cant imagine feeling violated if someone looked at my phone.

And yes you did say your SO needed permission to use your phone to call the pizza guy. Just like he would need your permission to go into your purse to get the cash to pay for it.
ASK FIRST Remember?
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. No panties twisted. So what faith am I foolish in?
I didn't snipe but rather brought up the gun thing b/c it is about personal differences. I didn't say that you had issues yet you say I have some kind of issues b/c I like my privacy. I didn't name call but you did. I'm not guarding my phone, I just own it.
I have friends that have permission to pick up my phone and do whatever. Asked me once to use it and I said, "sure, whenever just grab it". But they asked first. Someone said "respect" and I have to agree with that. Respecting other people's property and privacy.
I don't think I ever said a SO needs permission to call the pizza guy. Exaggerate much?
Plus, if my SO is ordering pizza it wasn't my idea.

“Where is Tonka?”

#54 Feb 20, 2014
God forbid you use the pizza app on her phone to order it!
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>By the same token, why would I look it up on the web, only to have to dial it onto the phone, when i know the number is already in you phone. Easier t
o just use your phone. Save some steps. I don't need a menu to order pizza.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#55 Feb 20, 2014
RACE wrote:
Please pay attention to what you write. The faith in your fellow man, go back and read.
And reading your response about Your phone, Your purse etc, it comes across as totally hostile. Maybe you dont think so, but to me, it reads like your gollum guarding your precious. I simply cant imagine feeling violated if someone looked at my phone.
And yes you did say your SO needed permission to use your phone to call the pizza guy. Just like he would need your permission to go into your purse to get the cash to pay for it.
ASK FIRST Remember?
<quoted text>
I can't do a thing about how you feel about things.

You said that my SO needed permission to call the pizza guy. No. But my SO would need permission to use my phone.

And if you could follow more than one post, you would have read that close friends, by asking once, can use my phone whenever they want.

I know this might be a big leap for you, but if it was someone I trusted, I would only have to be asked once if they could use my phone and my answer would most likely be, "Sure, whenever you need to go ahead."

I can't fathom why it would be that what I think about my belongings is so interesting to you or that you need this many posts back and forth. I've alrrady said "different strokes for different folks" but you cannot let it go. Interesting. Why is that?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#56 Feb 20, 2014
RACE wrote:
God forbid you use the pizza app on her phone to order it!
<quoted text>
Ha! Don't have a pizza app.

“Where is Tonka?”

#57 Feb 20, 2014
Splitting hairs, In the context of the conversation, it is a given that your phone would be used, Did not think I needed to spell it out for you. And you say I have a problem with streatches?
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>

You said that my SO needed permission to call the pizza guy. No. But my SO would need permission to use my phone.

“Where is Tonka?”

#58 Feb 20, 2014
Because I want us to lay naked on the beach together, gazing up at the stars after an hour of passionate love making... And I dont want to have to ask your permission to lean over grab your phone and order a pizza!
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't fathom why it would be that what I think about my belongings is so interesting to you or that you need this many posts back and forth. I've alrrady said "different strokes for different folks" but you cannot let it go. Interesting. Why is that?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#59 Feb 20, 2014
RACE wrote:
Splitting hairs, In the context of the conversation, it is a given that your phone would be used, Did not think I needed to spell it out for you. And you say I have a problem with streatches?
<quoted text>
Obviously you do b/c I also said once a person close to me would ask to use my phone they would get a reply that would grant them access to my phone whenever.

Still, why do you care?

“Where is Tonka?”

#60 Feb 20, 2014
SEE post 58
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you do b/c I also said once a person close to me would ask to use my phone they would get a reply that would grant them access to my phone whenever.
Still, why do you care?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 55 min VetnorsGate 1,707,202
Should AR15 be banned? 55 min Read an Say NO 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr U_Nil_Name 243,319
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr SWEET FARTS 64,463
Pure Nasty Gullible Fool. 8 hr Righty Right 13
Trump is A 8 hr Righty Right 470
Maybe We Outta Ban Knives? 8 hr Righty Right 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages