|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Gone soon enough wrote:
After years of cook county and springfield "mandates" sprung on us, high taxes and not to mention two former governors behind bars, I am happy to report no more for me and my family. I am closing my business and starting over in another state. There is no changing this system only enduring it so like many more before me, I'll create a new life and a few dozen jobs somewhere else. Good luck Illinois, you're going to need it :)
Give it one More try!
illinois lover

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

It will get better - watch and see.

Since: Aug 12

South Elgin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Reagan was a MENACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me translate your post there ... ready?
"WAAAAAAAAAAA! I lost!"
Glad I could help rub it you pathetic loser!
I love reading your posts!
Mia 1708

Chicago Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Hey stop using my Name!!!!!!!!!!
Veritas

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

kryptomite wrote:
Hey Veritas, we only blame Bush from taking us from a balanced budget to economic disaster, and the rush to war in Iraq. We only blame the Republicans for making the removal of President Obama their mantra instead of doing what was good for the country. You see the results of both. Huge government spending to avoid a depression, which the Republicans opposed even though they caused the problem by being totally inept in leadership. And their humbling defeat by the hands of the American public. Hypocrites that they are, some Republicans are for change in their views of things. Others don't want to admit they were wrong even though it's right in front of their faces. I'll enjoy watching their struggles within their own party also.
Someone's been drinking the Chris Mathews/Rachel Maddow koolaid. The trashing of this economy has more to do with Carter and Clinton than Bush. Carter initiates the CRA (Credit Reform Act) back in the 70s. Clinton revives the CRA during his administration. Looks great for a while because housing sales are up. Problem is the CRA was used to force banks to give loans to people who weren't credit worthy. Obama enters the story because he was suing banks for ACORN during that time and becomes a rising star on the left because of it. After Clinton leaves office the note becomes due. Banks with huge numbers of defaulted loans ask the federal govt to do something. So they buy the bad loans from the banks via Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac play accounting games and report the loans as assets instead of losses to hide the move. John McCain tries to make congress aware of the impending doom in 2005 but no one listens. Don't talk to me about Bush when two democrat presidents and their leadership were the biggest ducks in the puddle.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Veritas wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone's been drinking the Chris Mathews/Rachel Maddow koolaid. The trashing of this economy has more to do with Carter and Clinton than Bush. Carter initiates the CRA (Credit Reform Act) back in the 70s. Clinton revives the CRA during his administration. Looks great for a while because housing sales are up. Problem is the CRA was used to force banks to give loans to people who weren't credit worthy. Obama enters the story because he was suing banks for ACORN during that time and becomes a rising star on the left because of it. After Clinton leaves office the note becomes due. Banks with huge numbers of defaulted loans ask the federal govt to do something. So they buy the bad loans from the banks via Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac play accounting games and report the loans as assets instead of losses to hide the move. John McCain tries to make congress aware of the impending doom in 2005 but no one listens. Don't talk to me about Bush when two democrat presidents and their leadership were the biggest ducks in the puddle.
Total BS.

Deny your employees health care and be a total POS and see what happens.

"Papa Johnís Faces $250 Million Lawsuit Over SMS Spam"
DIP

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
Total BS.
Total BS huh? The president's version of what happened reflects two conventional myths 1. The private sector initiated the bad behavior. 2. Government culpability was limited to the sin of omission, not of commission. Politicians, with their unthinking political stances, must take the lion's share of the responsibility. The subprime lending market was the child of the affordable housing ideology trumpeted by Carter, Clinton and the democrats.

President Clinton announced his National Homeownership Strategy in June 1995 to make it easy for people to own their own homes. President Bush introduced the American Dream Down Payment Initiative in 2002 which did little to stem the tide of bad loans being issued. In 1996 (Clinton years) the Department of Housing and Urban Development began setting annual goals for the proportion of mortgages of low- and moderate-income families that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were required to buy. The goal was increased each year, rising from 40% in 1996 to 57% by 2008. Over a 16-year period, the U.S. government promoted subprime and other nontraditional mortgages, degraded mortgage-underwriting standards, and caused both the mortgage meltdown and the global financial crisis that resulted from it.

I guess facts are BS huh?
Personal Responsibility

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
Total BS.
Yep ... CEO John Schnatter is throwing a temper tantrum because he now needs to recoup his losses for 1) the money he put into those CPACs that only ended up getting Obama re-elected, less repuke seats in the Senate and less repuke seats in the House, and 2) to pay for the lawsuit he's facing because he ILLEGALLY spammed people for his shi**y pizza.

And guess where he's getting the money for both of the above?

FROM HIS EMPLOYEES!

You know ... the ones who MAKE him the profits he's been hoarding like all the other greedy pieces of crap that are sitting on TRILLIONS of dollars and not hiring because of their tax rates?

Tax rates that have been LOWERED from 90% to 75% to 39%?

And now they're even complaining about effectively paying only a THIRD of that 39%?

Why can't he spend less on HIMSELF? Buy less caviar, less fur coats, less big screen TV's, 1 private jet instead of 2, a few less Mercedes for his five-car garages, and suffer through only 3 houses in the Hamptons instead of 4?

Why can't he give out less of a dividend? Or not give one out at all?

Or maybe spend less money paying Peyton Manning to promote his pizza?

The guy has plenty of other options and he damn-well knows it.

He's making huge profits ... yet God forbid some of that should go toward the health care of his own employees who made him those profits?

Seriously?

No wonder so many people are now going to boycott his business! If this were the 1950's - back when "patriotism" actually meant something - nobody would spend a cent on what he's selling and he'd get tarred. feathered and run out of this country on a rail.

Go ahead repukes ... keep justifying corporate greed and profits over the "general welfare" of THE PEOPLE, and we'll be sure to keep sending you the same message at the polls next time, and the time after that, and the time after that ...

COUNT ON IT!

“Impeach Stevens!”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Wasn't this election over 2 years ago?
Reagan was a MENACE

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Ann-Marie wrote:
Wasn't this election over 2 years ago?
LOL! Look ... the illiterate Moron from Midlothian is back!

Are you here to cry about the election for us?

OK .. ready?

Who did you say would win the presidency again?

Who did you say would lose seats in the Senate?

Who did you say would lose seats in the House?

I hear only four of the 16 Senate candidates endorsed by the Tea Party Express won yesterday .. is that true?

I hear the deadbeat, piece of shit, Joe Walsh was defeated ... is that true?

I hear loudmouth Allen West was sent home too ... is that true?

I hear there's a civil war going on now on the Repuke side of the fence - everybody's mad at Romney, there's all sorts of sniping at Christie for saying Obama did a good job with FEMA and admitting he needed BIG GOVT'S help to save people's lives there ... is that true?

I hear Alan Grayson was reelected while Scott Brown was FIRED ... is that true?

What happened to those "skewed" polls? I thought Romney was "surging"?

I hear Dick Morris was on Hannity and he said there was a "zilch, zone, zip nada," chance of Obama getting reelected ... is that true?

Did Fox news LIE TO YOU AGAIN?

And where was your darling Sarah Palin during the carnage?

Since you guys have such big mouths and thought you had all the answers ... could you step up and answer this for us?

Waiting ....
Old Guy

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

kryptomite wrote:
How about the right wing wacco in Phoenix that ran her husband down with her car because he did not vote for Romney. He's in critical condition. Rush should declare this woman his heroine of all time along with the rest of the rightwing waccos. Her picture on every conservatives wall.Now we have to hear their gloom and doom for 4 more years while the economy improves around them. None so blind as those that refuse to see.
Tell me what prison she goes to,I want to marry her.I'll even buy her a new car with blue bumpers
Reagan was a MENACE

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me what prison she goes to,I want to marry her.I'll even buy her a new car with blue bumpers
You must have saved up a lot of welfare (at everybody eles's expense of course) to afford all that ...

Good thing you saved your money buying "women" in inflatable form all those years, eh?

And maybe Mittens can be your cell mate after they get done investigating him for Medicare fraud. Then you both can get "free stuff" - a free jail cell, free food, free clothing and free healthcare too!
Xquuzme

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
BRILLIANT!
They had the money for CEO bonuses and golden parachutes (even if they screwed up while they had the job)... but these same people DIDN'T have the money to hire workers HERE?
So companies had the money to build factories in China thanks to those GOP insisted tax cuts ... but they DIDN'T have the money to hire workers HERE with the money from those tax cuts?
They had the money for an army of lawyers to find every tax loohole they could quailfy for ... but they DIDN'T have the money to hire workers HERE?
They had money to inject BILLIONS into political campaigns ... but they DIDN'T have the money to hire workers HERE?
When they've already been sitting on TRILLIONS of dollars as it is?
I'm just glad I performed my PATRIOTIC DUTY in voting out some of the repuke politicians who were going to let these very people control their agenda for the next 4 years!
So, I usually just pretty much just stick to the Lockport, IL topix and I never really bothered with the threads that have thousands of posts, but today, when this thread came up in the list, with a user ID of "Reagan was a MENACE" as the last post, my interest was piqued.

So, I started skimming through the last few pages of this thread and I HAVE to say.....I really enjoy reading your posts! You bring up excellent points and I LOVE the way you express them! Keep up the good work!! ;)
Reagan was a MENACE

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Xquuzme wrote:
<quoted text>
So, I usually just pretty much just stick to the Lockport, IL topix and I never really bothered with the threads that have thousands of posts, but today, when this thread came up in the list, with a user ID of "Reagan was a MENACE" as the last post, my interest was piqued.
So, I started skimming through the last few pages of this thread and I HAVE to say.....I really enjoy reading your posts! You bring up excellent points and I LOVE the way you express them! Keep up the good work!! ;)
Thanks!
john 316

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Buh Bye!!!
I can't tell you how HAPPY I am to see you go too ...
Save your crocodile tears and your pathetic excuses for being a middle class destroying, greedy, profit-taking POS for the morons in the new state you're moving to.
Better yet ... move to China so you can be as greedy as possible and thank them in person for making that American flag you so proudly wave.
But be sure to tell us what your company name is too so we can all boycott your product in the meantime (just like we're doing to Applebees and Papa John's) won't you?
who are you kidding? You or your type don't go to Applebees or Papa johns! They don't accept the link card! You are an annoying jerkoff like your hero Chris Matthews who claimed he was grateful for the hurricane! I took down my flag the night this lying idiot got elected in 2008! Welfare for everyone! Obama is a punk that hides behind Hillary's skirt! Keep boycotting! Who cares? There aren't enough of you losers to even dent the brave businesses standing up to this dictator wanna be! His Benghazi scandal ain't going way. Go get your free shots at the local clinic!
Veritas

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

kryptomite wrote:
America elects their president, and you take your flag down? What a poor excuse for an American. You are an embarrassment to the very country that you take advantage of. Conservatives like you represent the worst that America has to offer. Remember john 316, you are the minority. You lost. This American would have accepted whoever was elected as our president has this advice for you..... Get the hell out of our country. I'm sure some fascist kind of government would be more acceptable to un patriotic morons like you. If you can't accept our president as our leader, you don't deserve to be called American. You are a pathetic loser.
As I recall it was Mrs. Obama who publicly stated she was ashamed of our country. Your hero's first lady. That's a poor excuse for an American.
Veritas

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

"Clinton did reduce oversight over the lending institutions"

So you admit that he is culpable in the financial catastrophe of the century huh? It's about time someone on the left started to see that Prez Clinton's eight years of prosperity only lasted while he was president, while the negative long term effects of his policies are still being dealt with.

Bush isn't my hero btw. I included him in the list of politicians I blame. There's just more liberal democrats to blame here than republicans. Not my fault.

Bottom line is it doesn't matter who is in power. It's just a different group of rich guys who benefit. The democrats are just better at making their constituency believe that they really care about them and are looking out for them.
beware

Chicago Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

kryptomite wrote:
America elects their president, and you take your flag down? What a poor excuse for an American. You are an embarrassment to the very country that you take advantage of. Conservatives like you represent the worst that America has to offer. Remember john 316, you are the minority. You lost. This American would have accepted whoever was elected as our president has this advice for you..... Get the hell out of our country. I'm sure some fascist kind of government would be more acceptable to un patriotic morons like you. If you can't accept our president as our leader, you don't deserve to be called American. You are a pathetic loser.
What A DORK!So what if he took down a flag? I see alot of homes without flags! are they unpatriotic? you accuse others of being a fascist, look at yourself!Are you on welfare too? thats the new trend under this lazy president!Half the country despises this failed president! you better get used to it. the unemployment numbers and jobs numbers were manipulated to help this poor excuse for a president, as evidenced today. There are more people going on diability than getting full time jobs!So save your preaching! i want to be around when the whole thing crashes! can you imagine the hysteria? wait and see when food stamp recipients and welfare moochers get their payments slashed, like in Ohio!Its gonna be biblical! It will happen!

“I have upset the hand of god”

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Veritas wrote:
"Clinton did reduce oversight over the lending institutions"
So you admit that he is culpable in the financial catastrophe of the century huh? It's about time someone on the left started to see that Prez Clinton's eight years of prosperity only lasted while he was president, while the negative long term effects of his policies are still being dealt with.
Bush isn't my hero btw. I included him in the list of politicians I blame. There's just more liberal democrats to blame here than republicans. Not my fault.
Bottom line is it doesn't matter who is in power. It's just a different group of rich guys who benefit. The democrats are just better at making their constituency believe that they really care about them and are looking out for them.
I am sad for you. It is too bad that you are ashamed of this country, it's leaders and it's people.
Reagan was a MENACE

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

beware wrote:
<quoted text>What A DORK!So what if he took down a flag? I see alot of homes without flags! are they unpatriotic? you accuse others of being a fascist, look at yourself!Are you on welfare too? thats the new trend under this lazy president!Half the country despises this failed president! you better get used to it. the unemployment numbers and jobs numbers were manipulated to help this poor excuse for a president, as evidenced today. There are more people going on diability than getting full time jobs!So save your preaching! i want to be around when the whole thing crashes! can you imagine the hysteria? wait and see when food stamp recipients and welfare moochers get their payments slashed, like in Ohio!Its gonna be biblical! It will happen!
You want to talk about failure you POS?

Let's discuss the fruits of your party's endless obstruction shall we?

If Dubya said a handful of electoral votes was a mandate ... what do you call the thumping Obama just gave your elitist, zero-specifics, lying, draft dodging, flip-flopping, middle-class destroying, out-sourcer in chief there?

How did that work out for ya?

How about your party's decision that Obama being a one-term president (at all costs - many of which you mentioned above) should be it's "Number One" priority?

Didn't you lose more seats in the Senate?

Didn't you lose more seats in the House too?

Looks like maybe it's not a good idea to be on the minority side of the poll after poll on gay marriage; gays serving in the military; a path to citizenship; SSI, medicare, medicaid being gutted or privatized; tax increases for the rich; closing tax loopholes; corporate welfare and subsidies; punishing those companies that continue to outsource; etc... now does it?

Was it a good idea for your hypocritical BIG spending conservative "Wonder Boy" Paul Ryan to say he doesn't let polls dictate his policy because "leaders change the polls"?

How did him not leading and not changing those polls work out for ya?

We told you this was coming if you didn't wise up!

How did believing the 68 out 72 fox news hosts and/or on air contributors who predicted the 2012 presidential election WRONG before the results started to come in work out for you?

You can't spell half the words you use and you think you can predict "Biblical" stuff? After all the lies you told (and were told to by other conservatives) about the last election before the results came in?

LOL ... you're a regular Nostradumbass there aren't ya?

I'll tell you what ... why don't you register your name so I can come find you when you get you behind handed to you next time too?

I KNOW you won't - because you a typical, loudmouth, conservative coward.

C'mon ... I DARE you to register your name!

Here, let me tell you "what's gonna happen" here - I'm gonna keep force feeding as much post-election crow down your conservative throats as I possibly can!

Just keep mouthing off and blaming everyone else but yourself (the republican version of taking personal responsibility) for the mandate that the voters just sent you. We'll all be delighted to inflict even more damage on your party at the polls in 2014, and 2016, and 2020 ...

As many GLORIOUS times as we need to.

And you can keep crying and making threats that nobody cares about - like seceding, moving to Canada, etc - while pouting, stomping your feet, shaking your baby rattle and throwing your sippy cup all over your crib there.

We'll all just keep pointing and laughing hysterically.

I'd say "you better get used to it", but after the election last week?

I'm sure you already are!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 21 min shinningelectr0n 1,080,446
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min wojar 174,671
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Uzi 67,977
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 45,799
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr LMS 97,540
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr Natual should be respect 48,918
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 hr Jews against gambling 68,380
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••