Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois in 2010?

Posted in the Chicago Forum

Comments (Page 190)

Showing posts 3,781 - 3,800 of6,527
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Veritas

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4117
Nov 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

purple squirrel wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, yes, the rant of the bitter, angry, old white man. Enjoy it while you can, folks! This type is dying out, thank God!!
Yes, I'd rather work and earn my keep, be a productive member of society who pays taxes and expects those who can to do the same. I don't want to be a sponge/parasite who just sucks at the teat of the government. How's that for bitter, old and angry? And when my kind do die out, this country will be but a shell of what it once was.
Govt cheese

Carterville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4118
Nov 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Veritas wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I never once mentioned Obamas name. 2. I never mentioned Medicare. My comments were related to Medicaid. Once Obamacare is really implemented Medicaid will be the first plan affected and it already has been. States are making changes to Medicaid in preparation for Obamacare. Those changes will mean fewer benefits, fewer doctors to choose from, longer waits and long lines at ERs. 3. I never mentioned 'rights'. My point was that in accepting the government hand outs you will exchange some of your liberties and freedoms for it. As for rights though, I have rights in the pursuit of life, liberty and happiness. Against these there is NO law. DON'T TREAD ON ME!
So let me get this straight. You are against government "freebies" but worried about low reimbursement rates to doctors for Medicaid? You want medicaid recipients to be able to choose any doctor or treatment when I can't do that with my expensive private health insurance? You're all over the place here. You can't be against government handouts and wanting to expand Medicaid at the same time. You're one of those keep government out of my Medicare/Medicaid morons aint ya?
Veritas wrote:
<quoted text>
First off I am Libertarian. I voted for Gary Johnson. Since I work in healthcare lets talk about changes that have already been made. With states going bankrupt (like here in Illinois) your democrat leaders here passed legislation earlier this year that is squeezing medicaid. Their legislation is reducing negotiated prices for services so that doctors and hospitals receive less for services rendered. Additionally the state is slow to pay. As a result more doctors are refusing medicaid patients. So that means the ones that do accept medicaid are seeing way too many patients and its hard to get in to see them. Benefits have been reduced as well, even for senior citizens. See how your freedom of choice is affected? Fewer doctors and greater delays in seeing them. That's why you wait so long at the ER as well. Because those on medicaid use the ER as their physicians office. BTW. Would you be suggesting that business people who assume all the risk in owning and operating a business not be allowed to enjoy the benefits of being succesful? We need to remove subsidies from these corporations and even the playing field. We need tax codes that are fair, like a flat tax. But the more you receive from the government, the fewer your choices will be. That's not freedom, that's socialism.
Midwestern Hillbilly

Effingham, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4119
Nov 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Who do I support?
I'd really like to see the chambers filled with dogs, about like that famous painting of the canines sitting around playing poker that always makes me smile.
I'd like to nominate a good working dawg Border Collie. Distinctly black and white (most of 'em, that is) so no one can scream "racist".
And a GOOD Border Collie, NO KIDDING, learns to KNOW HIS RIGHT FROM HIS LEFT better than MOST PEOPLE.
I'll go shaddup now.
Veritas

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4120
Nov 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Govt cheese wrote:
<quoted text>
So let me get this straight. You are against government "freebies" but worried about low reimbursement rates to doctors for Medicaid? You want medicaid recipients to be able to choose any doctor or treatment when I can't do that with my expensive private health insurance? You're all over the place here. You can't be against government handouts and wanting to expand Medicaid at the same time. You're one of those keep government out of my Medicare/Medicaid morons aint ya?
<quoted text>
I am for those in need receiving help. But it can't be a blank check right? Legislators in Illinois did not work with doctors in negotiating new reimbursement rates. So there could have been more doctors providing care for medicaid recipients if some effort had been made. But being the Obama democrats that they are here, they do whatever they want and then act shocked when people are upset with their actions. I'm not for expanding medicaid, I'm for eliminating waste. Too many chiefs and not enough indians as far as I'm concerned. Its really simple, don't spend more than you take in.
Geez

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4121
Nov 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Veritas wrote:
<quoted text>
I am for those in need receiving help. But it can't be a blank check right? Legislators in Illinois did not work with doctors in negotiating new reimbursement rates. So there could have been more doctors providing care for medicaid recipients if some effort had been made. But being the Obama democrats that they are here, they do whatever they want and then act shocked when people are upset with their actions. I'm not for expanding medicaid, I'm for eliminating waste. Too many chiefs and not enough indians as far as I'm concerned. Its really simple, don't spend more than you take in.
So tell us what should be done. You want it both ways. You want doctors to get more money and welfare recipients to receive more services. It you're against welfare and socialism. What a freakin moron.
Reagan was a MENACE

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4122
Nov 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Veritas wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I'd rather work and earn my keep, be a productive member of society who pays taxes and expects those who can to do the same. I don't want to be a sponge/parasite who just sucks at the teat of the government. How's that for bitter, old and angry? And when my kind do die out, this country will be but a shell of what it once was.
And you'd rather do this while worshiping at the altar of Queen Hypocrite Ayn Rand who collected both Social Security AND Medicare benefits late in life.

I'll ask again ... why didn't Ayn Rand pay her medical expenses from the sweat of her brow and the proceeds from her labor instead of becoming a hypocritical "parasite"?

This is your second chance to not answer my question or spin like a top .. you know ... ANYTHING but answer that question there.
Viva Obama

Charleston, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4123
Nov 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Olive wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I can't say what I want without censorship from Topix I'll put it this way.
"Here kitty....kitty......kitty...ki tty......Where are those kitties?
They must be busy eating their crow. It is dinner time ya know.
I'm pretty sure both of those douche bags are still reading these comments but lack the guts to comment.
Veritas

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4124
Nov 8, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Reagan was a MENACE wrote:
<quoted text>
And you'd rather do this while worshiping at the altar of Queen Hypocrite Ayn Rand who collected both Social Security AND Medicare benefits late in life.
I'll ask again ... why didn't Ayn Rand pay her medical expenses from the sweat of her brow and the proceeds from her labor instead of becoming a hypocritical "parasite"?
This is your second chance to not answer my question or spin like a top .. you know ... ANYTHING but answer that question there.
I don't know who Ayn Rand is. Don't have time to look it up right now either. Social Security and Medicare are NOT entitlements. People are taxed and their funds are designated there. The government decided to use SS and Mcare as charity which in turn is bankrupting those funds. Again it goes back to spending more than you take in. Funds for helping the handicapped, the orphan, etc. should not have come from those funds. That should have been funded separately but thats all water under the bridge. Bottom line is people want to reap the benefits of what they sowed. They paid by way of taxes into a system that was supposed to be there for them when they retired. Now you want to take all the money they paid in and give it to others who aren't paying anything in. How long will that last? Not long.
Veritas

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4125
Nov 8, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Geez wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell us what should be done. You want it both ways. You want doctors to get more money and welfare recipients to receive more services. It you're against welfare and socialism. What a freakin moron.
Wow! You can't read can you? And you call me the moron. Obviously what I was saying is that the government and the medical community should be working together to provide efficient, cost effective healthcare that works for the patient, medical providers and government funding. What a freakin moron!
Veritas

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4126
Nov 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

My last post. I am shocked at the number of people who seem to think that we should just give things away without consideration of cost. I know there are a lot of people in need out there. I've been one of those people. But personal accountability and responsibility must be expected from those who are able. We are going down the path of creating a society that is dependent on its government for its necessities in life. Should we be charitable? Yes. Should we be helpful? Of course. But bigger, more intrusive government is not the answer.
Reagan was a MENACE

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4127
Nov 8, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Veritas wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know who Ayn Rand is.
That's all I needed to read in your post as nothing else mattered past that point.

You don't know who she is? And you're a self professed Libertarian?

LMAO! You can't make this stuff up gang!!!

You're a typical uneducated LIEbertarian moron who is impressed by patriotic buzzwords you probably can't define that were championed by other hypocritical LIEbertarian morons you admit you don't even know.

And you're hereby dismissed from any further relevancy on my screen.

I suggest others here follow my lead on this one.
Cecil Turtle

Hammond, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4128
Nov 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Myth wrote:
Mitch should have a lobotomy
What about a turtlebotomy?
Reagan was a MENACE

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4129
Nov 8, 2012
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Viva Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure both of those douche bags are still reading these comments but lack the guts to comment.
Hopeless is the one who's voting down all our posts - he's just not responding.
Olive

Marion, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4130
Nov 8, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Reagan was a MENACE wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all I needed to read in your post as nothing else mattered past that point.
You don't know who she is? And you're a self professed Libertarian?
LMAO! You can't make this stuff up gang!!!
You're a typical uneducated LIEbertarian moron who is impressed by patriotic buzzwords you probably can't define that were championed by other hypocritical LIEbertarian morons you admit you don't even know.
And you're hereby dismissed from any further relevancy on my screen.
I suggest others here follow my lead on this one.
He parrots what he hears on Faux Gnus and doesn't know what he is even saying. He just knows black people mostly vote Democrat so he hates Democrats. For a guy that hates socialism he sure is worried about Medicaid. He's a Teabagger and ashamed to admit it so he calls himself a Libertarian. He probably works for American Coal and is spoon fed this stuff. Murray Energy tries to brainwash their workers with this tripe. Like they say, you can't fix stupid.
Veritas

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4131
Nov 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Reagan was a MENACE wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all I needed to read in your post as nothing else mattered past that point.
You don't know who she is? And you're a self professed Libertarian?
LMAO! You can't make this stuff up gang!!!
You're a typical uneducated LIEbertarian moron who is impressed by patriotic buzzwords you probably can't define that were championed by other hypocritical LIEbertarian morons you admit you don't even know.
And you're hereby dismissed from any further relevancy on my screen.
I suggest others here follow my lead on this one.
I spoke incorrectly. I meant to say I voted Libertarian. A third party is needed. I just thought I'd mention that you and a couple of others are spouting all of the venom on here. I am not mean spirited and try to respect the opinions of others. YOU however show how small minded you actually are by your inability to engage in civil discourse. Your man is in the White House, be happy! But you can't be, can you? That's because you know he's gonna fail.
Scientific Test

Hammond, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4132
Nov 8, 2012
 

Judged:

3

Barack Obama won the 2012 presidential election.
voter

Carrier Mills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4133
Nov 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Veritas wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I never once mentioned Obamas name. 2. I never mentioned Medicare. My comments were related to Medicaid. Once Obamacare is really implemented Medicaid will be the first plan affected and it already has been. States are making changes to Medicaid in preparation for Obamacare. Those changes will mean fewer benefits, fewer doctors to choose from, longer waits and long lines at ERs. 3. I never mentioned 'rights'. My point was that in accepting the government hand outs you will exchange some of your liberties and freedoms for it. As for rights though, I have rights in the pursuit of life, liberty and happiness. Against these there is NO law. DON'T TREAD ON ME!
The way I see it, Its not Obama who needs to be threw out its all the people who spent three billion dollars or more on all those ads that we've been bombarded with for all these months! One stupid womam spent $100,000 of her own money to try to get elected(ah ah she lost). Why can't these people use this money for the good of our country, create jobs, open businesses? Why is this money being wasted on ads, We the people should want our country to be the best that out-shines all the other countries instead of all the self centered greed and fighting with each other. And this goes on every 4 years. I am ashamed for them because they don't have the ability or the integrity to do the right thing. Its all about me me me. Their day of judgement will come someday for what they did to this splendid country and its people.
voter

Carrier Mills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4134
Nov 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Veritas wrote:
<quoted text>
I spoke incorrectly. I meant to say I voted Libertarian. A third party is needed. I just thought I'd mention that you and a couple of others are spouting all of the venom on here. I am not mean spirited and try to respect the opinions of others. YOU however show how small minded you actually are by your inability to engage in civil discourse. Your man is in the White House, be happy! But you can't be, can you? That's because you know he's gonna fail.
If he fails it won't be for the lack of trying it will be because of the hard nosed Repu who are already bought and paid for by the rich who dominate this county. They are the ones that need to not be reelected.
reader

Carrier Mills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4135
Nov 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Cecil Turtle wrote:
<quoted text>
What about a turtlebotomy?
Im moving to Kentucky cause Mitch is up for reelection in two years. Got to help vote him OUT! He's the worse there is.
Reagan was a MENACE

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4136
Nov 8, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

voter wrote:
<quoted text>The way I see it, Its not Obama who needs to be threw out its all the people who spent three billion dollars or more on all those ads that we've been bombarded with for all these months! One stupid womam spent $100,000 of her own money to try to get elected(ah ah she lost). Why can't these people use this money for the good of our country, create jobs, open businesses? Why is this money being wasted on ads, We the people should want our country to be the best that out-shines all the other countries instead of all the self centered greed and fighting with each other. And this goes on every 4 years. I am ashamed for them because they don't have the ability or the integrity to do the right thing. Its all about me me me. Their day of judgement will come someday for what they did to this splendid country and its people.
BRILLIANT!

They had the money for CEO bonuses and golden parachutes (even if they screwed up while they had the job)... but these same people DIDN'T have the money to hire workers HERE?

So companies had the money to build factories in China thanks to those GOP insisted tax cuts ... but they DIDN'T have the money to hire workers HERE with the money from those tax cuts?

They had the money for an army of lawyers to find every tax loohole they could quailfy for ... but they DIDN'T have the money to hire workers HERE?

They had money to inject BILLIONS into political campaigns ... but they DIDN'T have the money to hire workers HERE?

When they've already been sitting on TRILLIONS of dollars as it is?

I'm just glad I performed my PATRIOTIC DUTY in voting out some of the repuke politicians who were going to let these very people control their agenda for the next 4 years!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,781 - 3,800 of6,527
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

98 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 min everybody 64,955
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min dem 1,033,516
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 min cheluzal 96,005
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min OzRitz 42,923
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min Justice Dale 167,375
Strip club laws in Chicagoland and in Illinois.... (Oct '10) 33 min REAL POLICE 15
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr David 46,990
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••