First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#41 Feb 7, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I only get belligerent when I have to repeat myself to brainless liberals. For the fifth time, the LW is not alone in her troubles! MANY college grads are unable to find jobs beit in their field or not! Are you blind to this fact? Do you have a different theory why graduates can't find work after school? Do you think it has nothing to do with the economy or presidential policies? Please enlighten me, what's your theory? Or do you think this isn't a problem at all?
Why do you think getting a degree makes you employable? People need to bring more than a degree to the table to get a job.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#42 Feb 7, 2013
I am not discussing the world at large dude, only this specific person, and this specific person is not blaming the economy, iran or obabble, they are blaming themselves.

You are the one extrapolating it be be all Bushes fault.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I only get belligerent when I have to repeat myself to brainless liberals. For the fifth time, the LW is not alone in her troubles! MANY college grads are unable to find jobs beit in their field or not! Are you blind to this fact? Do you have a different theory why graduates can't find work after school? Do you think it has nothing to do with the economy or presidential policies? Please enlighten me, what's your theory? Or do you think this isn't a problem at all?
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#43 Feb 7, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
My tax dollars should not be used to bail out irresponsible businesses. They would have come out of bankruptcy stronger and smarter. Now, major companies have the mind-set of "eh, the government will take care of me."
Hey, why didn't we bail out Enron!?
Hey, because it was an illusion.

So you would prefer that your tax dollars went to support the thousands and thousands and thousands of newly unemployed workers? I thought you didn't like funding welfare.

And the companies have emerged stronger and smarter. Their quality ratings are at all-time highs, sales continue to increase. You have NOTHING to support any contention as to how well things would have gone without the bailouts. All indications are that Chrysler would have gone out of business, and GM was iffy. Then we're left with 1 American auto maker of any mention. Americans still have to drive. More foreign cars purchased = more money to foreign corporation = a further weakening of our respective positions (on top of the aforementioned unemployment increase and the resulting implications).

One of your many problems (and perhaps the biggest) is that you are either incapable of or unwilling to look ahead more than one step. You just have your little ideal you cling to without regard for or understanding of consequence.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#44 Feb 7, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, because it was an illusion.
So you would prefer that your tax dollars went to support the thousands and thousands and thousands of newly unemployed workers? I thought you didn't like funding welfare.
And the companies have emerged stronger and smarter. Their quality ratings are at all-time highs, sales continue to increase. You have NOTHING to support any contention as to how well things would have gone without the bailouts. All indications are that Chrysler would have gone out of business, and GM was iffy. Then we're left with 1 American auto maker of any mention. Americans still have to drive. More foreign cars purchased = more money to foreign corporation = a further weakening of our respective positions (on top of the aforementioned unemployment increase and the resulting implications).
One of your many problems (and perhaps the biggest) is that you are either incapable of or unwilling to look ahead more than one step. You just have your little ideal you cling to without regard for or understanding of consequence.
Please! That's the same argument as saying "tax payers should provide birth control for people or they'll have to pay for welfare babies. Things aren't always one or the other. People need to be responsible for their actions.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#45 Feb 7, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Please! That's the same argument as saying "tax payers should provide birth control for people or they'll have to pay for welfare babies. Things aren't always one or the other. People need to be responsible for their actions.
Really? You're going to compare the impact of the minority portion of unplanned pregancies that end up impacting welfare with that of 1 or 2 of the largest corporations in the country going under and the resultant impact to hundreds of other business? And you are also comparing a situation where the recipient pays nothing back to the provider with a situation where the recipient paid back 90% of what it was given?

TSTI.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#46 Feb 7, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I only get belligerent when I have to repeat myself to brainless liberals. For the fifth time, the LW is not alone in her troubles! MANY college grads are unable to find jobs beit in their field or not! Are you blind to this fact? Do you have a different theory why graduates can't find work after school? Do you think it has nothing to do with the economy or presidential policies? Please enlighten me, what's your theory? Or do you think this isn't a problem at all?
TSTI

The POINT I was making (reading comprehension much?) is that you need to chill the f#&k out and quit going all political ALL the time about EVERYTHING. It's gotten way way way way way (!!!!!!) past old.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min shinningelectr0n 1,220,915
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 22 min Cracker Jack 90
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr red and right 187,430
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr red and right 52,897
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Cold Front 69,715
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Whiny1 5,919
Important! 4 hr Vote 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]