First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#21 Feb 11, 2013
I can't imagine taking Valentine's Day that seriously. There's no glaring message I say flashing "HA HA! You're alone!" All I see are a lot of stores wanting me to spend my money on cheap chocolate and other crap.

The only time I ever really feel excluded as far as "couples" things go is the free trips for Time-shares. Not that I want a time share, mind you. But I think it's awfully discriminatory to say I have to have a spouse or live-in partner with me for those things as if I couldn't afford a time-share without one. It's the PRINCIPLE of it, though, not that I get all lonely and sad.

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#22 Feb 11, 2013
I bet its just because the think a couple will be less likely to get bored and possible stop paying or whatever. What the heck happens in the case of divorce or breakup?
Stina wrote:
I can't imagine taking Valentine's Day that seriously. There's no glaring message I say flashing "HA HA! You're alone!" All I see are a lot of stores wanting me to spend my money on cheap chocolate and other crap.
The only time I ever really feel excluded as far as "couples" things go is the free trips for Time-shares. Not that I want a time share, mind you. But I think it's awfully discriminatory to say I have to have a spouse or live-in partner with me for those things as if I couldn't afford a time-share without one. It's the PRINCIPLE of it, though, not that I get all lonely and sad.

Since: Mar 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#23 Feb 11, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
1- Dammit, Jammers.
Are you rehearsing for the Rocky Horror Show? ;-)
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#24 Feb 11, 2013
RACE wrote:
I bet its just because the think a couple will be less likely to get bored and possible stop paying or whatever. What the heck happens in the case of divorce or breakup?
<quoted text>
EXACTLY!!!

And I want my free weekend in the Bahamas, dammit!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#25 Feb 11, 2013
RACE wrote:
I bet its just because the think a couple will be less likely to get bored and possible stop paying or whatever. What the heck happens in the case of divorce or breakup?
<quoted text>
I think it's because they divide and conquer and they think 2 pockets for one household they can pick.

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#26 Feb 11, 2013
Lets pretend (and practice, lots and lots of practice) on being a couple, then we can both go!
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY!!!
And I want my free weekend in the Bahamas, dammit!
boundary painter

Waco, TX

#27 Feb 11, 2013
I challenge LW1 to give Texas a good name by
volunteering at the Food Bank, Habitat for Humanity, Humane Society, Hospitality House, Fisher House, Veterans Home, or another worth while organization. Come on down.
Julie

Chicago, IL

#28 Feb 11, 2013
LW1: Oh for F sake. "Valentine's Day" is nothing more than a HALLMARK HOLIDAY. Any one who is boo-hoo-hooing on Feb. 14 because they don't have a "sweetheart" needs to GROW THE F UP.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#29 Feb 11, 2013
LW2 - not that i chewed an awful lot, but when i had a cuticle or hangnail, i'd try to "clean it up"... then i had $5K of dental work done on my front teteth and i can't get a good grip on domething like a hangnail anymore. i feel like a little old lady for all the emery boards and nail nippers i have stashed all over, but my nails look better.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#30 Feb 12, 2013
RACE wrote:
Lets pretend (and practice, lots and lots of practice) on being a couple, then we can both go!
<quoted text>
ha ha :P

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min RoxLo 1,522,037
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Buster Steinbeizer 240,358
News Chicago Restaurants Rally Against Trump Immigra... 3 hr Truth 8
I think she is pissed. From a few years ago. 4 hr SENIORS READ-THIS 6
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr RACE 105,131
Look at Minn. Maine & Michigan. 4 hr OUTLAW-HALAL-FOODS 13
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr RACE 10,582

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages