of 2
Next Last

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#21 Jan 7, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not uncommon for someone to graduate HS at age 18. Some parents even hold back a kid a year.
Some people even take a year or two off school before starting college to get some money to pay for it.
23 isn't all that late in my view.
Yes, it is VERY common to still be in school at 23. I didn't graduate til I was 24 (granted, I worked then went into the military after HS, and didn't even start JuCo til I was 20) but I was in no way the odd man out or any older than many of my classmates.
Kuuipo

Monterey, CA

#22 Jan 7, 2013
Perhaps LW1 took a short sabbatical from college to plan her wedding and have their child. Or perhaps the classes that she needed were not available every semester.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#23 Jan 7, 2013
I see that this is going to become the 4-way stop sign debate of 2013...
;)

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#24 Jan 7, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
I see that this is going to become the 4-way stop sign debate of 2013...
;)
I hope at least YOU know hat "It is not UNCOMMON..." means. I am thinking edog thinks he is disagreeing with me.

Since: Dec 07

DuPage County

#25 Jan 7, 2013
1 Put on your big girl pants and be direct. All you have to do beforehand is insure your husband is 100% on board.

Why do I get the sneaking suspicion tha your in-laws are proidin financial suppor to you 2 young breeders??

2 Why do I get the feeling you are often overheard yelling, "Hey you kids! Get outta my yard!"?

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#26 Jan 7, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope at least YOU know hat "It is not UNCOMMON..." means. I am thinking edog thinks he is disagreeing with me.
I just re-read... I think you're right. But that's half the fun of these arguments!

;)

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#27 Jan 7, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I just re-read... I think you're right. But that's half the fun of these arguments!
;)
Oh, I agree. Watching the Dog get his tail out of whack about something that he obviously agrees with and just doesn't know it is always fun.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#28 Jan 7, 2013
Oh fergodsake, I forgot I have to draw in crayon for you people sometimes.

I AGREE with Toj.
I DISAGREE with Tonka.

It is neither too late NOR uncommon to still be an undergraduate at 23.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#29 Jan 7, 2013
Saluki Rod wrote:
Why do I get the sneaking suspicion tha your in-laws are proidin financial suppor to you 2 young breeders??
It's possible, but that still doesn't excuse the MIL bad-mouthing the lw or barging and and taking control of the baby.
Anonymous

Plant City, FL

#30 Jan 7, 2013
1: Stop opening the door or going over.
If you used your words (and psychos like this never get it), you must pull back and deny them what they want. They will act better until they've regained your trust then--BAM--show you why you put up boundaries in the first place. You must be firm and a complete cutting off is the last resort if the cycle never ends.

2: I get real cranky over dumb things, too, and seeing them makes me so angry inside.*shrug*
I find most people are utterly boorish.
I took my dad to a very upscale restaurant (this is where the Bucs took Gruden to recruit him), where my dad wore a suit and they make you put on a jacket if you come in without one (they keep extra). I don't think expecting to act the part os unreasonable...

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#31 Jan 7, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
I took my dad to a very upscale restaurant (this is where the Bucs took Gruden to recruit him), where my dad wore a suit and they make you put on a jacket if you come in without one (they keep extra). I don't think expecting to act the part os unreasonable...
Yeah, but a place like that probably wouldn't let you wear a ball cap anyway. The utterly boorish person is "Cranky Dad," who likely has this problem with people eating at a Taco Bell.
Julie

Chicago, IL

#32 Jan 7, 2013
LW2: "It upsets me to pay for a nice dinner when I see attire that belongs at a fast food restaurant."

Wow, you lead a charmed life, don't you?. Yes, you certainly have the right to expect "proper dinner attire" in your own home. But you *do not* have the right to dictate it anywhere else. TAKE THE F'ING STICK OUTTA YOUR AZZ, JERK.

Since: Dec 07

DuPage County

#33 Jan 8, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It's possible, but that still doesn't excuse the MIL bad-mouthing the lw or barging and and taking control of the baby.
Agreed, but if it is the case, it's a huge fly in the ointment.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min THE DEVIL 1,099,804
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 min _Zoey_ 4,663
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min LRS 177,345
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Cali Girl 2014dal 49,448
The Israel Lobby Eliminates Another Critic 2 hr Jew Snakes 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 68,935
Engagement Ring 4 hr rodeo3queen 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Phil Indeblanc 97,916
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••