As state police warn of arrests, a de...

As state police warn of arrests, a defiant Rev. Pfleger moves ahead...

There are 155 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jul 3, 2018, titled As state police warn of arrests, a defiant Rev. Pfleger moves ahead.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The Rev. Michael Pfleger speaks during a news conference Tuesday alongside the Rev.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
tomin cali

Fresno, CA

#1 Jul 3, 2018
sounds like they are planning on violating the rights of citizens free movement,false imprisonment sense they will be blocking people and other charges may fit along with nice law suits from any who lost money do to preventing free movement. the cops said do not do it so those claiming to be a church is going against what they are claiming to teach. let it happen and sue sue sue
Jenkins

New Lenox, IL

#2 Jul 3, 2018
tomin cali wrote:
sounds like they are planning on violating the rights of citizens free movement,false imprisonment sense they will be blocking people and other charges may fit along with nice law suits from any who lost money do to preventing free movement. the cops said do not do it so those claiming to be a church is going against what they are claiming to teach. let it happen and sue sue sue
Shutting down commerce and streets is illegal. Hopefully the police bring plenty of handcuffs for these anarchists?
He Named Me Black Annie

Cibolo, TX

#4 Jul 3, 2018
The church needs to take a close look at this guy. Just looking at his body language and hearing his voice makes me think he might be a threat to children. I felt the same way about Jared from Subway.
tomin cali

Fresno, CA

#5 Jul 3, 2018
Jenkins wrote:
<quoted text>

Shutting down commerce and streets is illegal. Hopefully the police bring plenty of handcuffs for these anarchists?
it may also border on violating the civil rights of those blocked,also close to false imprisonment since if you cannot freely move you are being held captive. folks need to check into these things and fight back with the legal system. many folks may lose money or even jobs also there is one thing this takes away from people and that is their time and time can never be given back.

i am thinking many law suits against those in charge may help curb the nonsense and make those folks pay for it dearly.

also some may be headed to an er for treatment and may face pain and suffering do to being blocked from getting medical treatment.
Annie Oakly

Wilmington, IL

#7 Jul 3, 2018
This guy thinks he can do whatever he decides to do, and he is as phony as a $3. bill. He also has a God Complex.
tomin cali

Fresno, CA

#8 Jul 3, 2018
just sayin wrote:
The NRA and the GOP need to be reclassified as terrorist organizations.
why do you fear free law abiding citizens and those with common sense?
Annie Oakly

Wilmington, IL

#9 Jul 3, 2018
Haven't you noticed? Those people fear everyone that isn't them. Thank God there isn't many of them. President Trump is right about them, they are as lawless as they come.
Genl Forrest

Paducah, KY

#11 Jul 3, 2018
Jenkins wrote:
<quoted text>

Shutting down commerce and streets is illegal. Hopefully the police bring plenty of handcuffs for these anarchists?
Police down in Dixie wouldn't bother with handcuffs.
Jenkins

New Lenox, IL

#12 Jul 3, 2018
just sayin wrote:
The NRA and the GOP need to be reclassified as terrorist organizations.
Says the lefty fascist whose side shoots up baseball fields loots, riots, mets violence, and bombs the Pentagon. Heaven forbid the GOP and NRA protect the Second Amendment. Typical ignorant lefty.
Jenkins

New Lenox, IL

#13 Jul 3, 2018
tomin cali wrote:
<quoted text>

why do you fear free law abiding citizens and those with common sense?
Lefties hate freedom and the Constitution.
Annie Oakly

Wilmington, IL

#15 Jul 3, 2018
If Moore thinks of these little brown children as his own, how many has he taken to raise? I am betting none. All these people protesting have taken none of these little brown babies home with them. When they do they can talk to me about their rights.
mr gleeble

Columbus, OH

#16 Jul 3, 2018
tomin cali wrote:
sounds like they are planning on violating the rights of citizens free movement,false imprisonment sense they will be blocking people and other charges may fit along with nice law suits from any who lost money do to preventing free movement. the cops said do not do it so those claiming to be a church is going against what they are claiming to teach. let it happen and sue sue sue
You sound like a Hitlerian.
mr gleeble

Columbus, OH

#17 Jul 3, 2018
Marches and civil disobedience are perfectly acceptable responses to state fascism, oppression, treason, and corruption.

We'll all be marching before long. And eventually, this vile regime will be gone, one way or another.
mr gleeble

Columbus, OH

#18 Jul 3, 2018
Annie Oakly wrote:
If Moore thinks of these little brown children as his own, how many has he taken to raise? I am betting none. All these people protesting have taken none of these little brown babies home with them. When they do they can talk to me about their rights.
Fake question from a racist idiot.
tomin cali

Fresno, CA

#19 Jul 3, 2018
mr gleeble wrote:
<quoted text>

You sound like a Hitlerian.
so you support violating civil rights as long as it not your being violated. civil rights for me not for thee,typical of the left
Annie Oakly

Wilmington, IL

#20 Jul 3, 2018
We are going to another county tomorrow, my husband says he hopes they don't stand in front of our car. If they try to keep people from traveling it won't be pretty. I don't think he would run over them, but I bet there are people out there who will, and we get to watch. You have to be pretty stupid to stand in a freeway where the traffic is moving at 70MPH. But Democrats are not know for being overly intelligent.
Annie Oakly

Wilmington, IL

#26 Jul 4, 2018
Doesn't matter. Because this young Socialist was elected she will pull the Democrats so far left only true Communists will vote for them, and we don't have enough of them to change anything.
Jenkins

New Lenox, IL

#28 Jul 4, 2018
mr gleeble wrote:
Marches and civil disobedience are perfectly acceptable responses to state fascism, oppression, treason, and corruption.

We'll all be marching before long. And eventually, this vile regime will be gone, one way or another.
No it's not. You lefties are the fascists. Try assimilating into civilized society before opening your mouth. Only animals riot after losing an election. Grow the F up!
Decency Died

Peabody, MA

#32 Jul 6, 2018
Annie Oakly wrote:
Haven't you noticed? Those people fear everyone that isn't them. Thank God there isn't many of them. President Trump is right about them, they are as lawless as they come.
Trump has zero sense of law and order.

He has said himself that a President cannot be indicted and that a President can pardon himself.

Funny how he only thinks that now that HE is president.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#33 Jul 6, 2018
He Named Me Black Annie wrote:
The church needs to take a close look at this guy. Just looking at his body language and hearing his voice makes me think he might be a threat to children. I felt the same way about Jared from Subway.
Do you feel a kind of kinship?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min VetnorsGate 1,831,205
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Xqz 244,221
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Meltingbillfarts 64,976
News Concealed carry licensee called hero for interv... 2 hr Marauder 6
No one wants the Wall President Trump 6 hr God Damned Holy S... 46
ex chicago police woman (Jul '16) 6 hr Said Raheem Jackson 36
Cheerleading chat 20 hr you hate the truth 2

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages