Cicero police officer charged with em...

Cicero police officer charged with embezzling

There are 12 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jun 24, 2009, titled Cicero police officer charged with embezzling. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

A suburban Chicago police officer has been charged with stealing more than $70,000 from his department's fraternal organization.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

resident

La Grange, IL

#1 Jun 24, 2009
this is what cicero said about this matter

Dominick Administration's Internal Investigation Leads to Arrest of Officer Bossolono
6/24/2009 2:00:00 PM
Cicero, Illinois... In what was the culmination of an investigation initiated by the Town of Cicero's Internal Affairs Division, Gerald Bossolono was arrested today and charged with felony theft of over $70,000 in funds from the Cicero Police Benevolent Association, a privately funded entity.

Officer Bossolono has been placed on administrative leave by the Town of Cicero.

In June 2008, Cicero Town President Larry Dominick immediately directed the Town's Internal Affairs Division to investigate the matter once it was brought to the attention of Cicero Police officials. All accusations of alleged wrongdoing are taken seriously by the Dominick administration and handled accordingly.

The Cicero Police Internal Affairs Division referred the findings of their investigation to the Financial Crimes Unit of the Cook County State's Attorney's office. Thanks to the work of the Cicero Police Investigators, the State's Attorney's office today acted to arrest Bossolono.

The Cicero Police Benevolent Association is established to provide financial assistance to the spouses and children of deceased officers, as well as aid to active duty police officers. The association is support entirely from donations and contributions of businesses and individuals.

"These allegations are simply disgusting," said Dominick, who served as a Cicero Police officer for 20 years prior to his election as Town President, and additionally served as a member of the Cicero Police Benevolent Association. "This fund exists to provide much needed assistance to the spouses and children of police officers who have passed on as well as currently serving officers. If these accusations prove true, this is robbing from one's own police brethren and their families."

In his first term, Larry Dominick terminated three police officers after they were indicted for wrongdoing related to incidents that occurred before he was Town President. Dominick has also terminated police officers with a history of brutality and those who have violated the town's substance abuse policy.

"The Town of Cicero has zero tolerance for officers who break the law," added Dominick.
H-train

Korea

#2 Jun 24, 2009
" Only in Good O'le Cicero"!!!

Now the cops are stealing from the cops!!

Anyway...it's a step in the right direction.

Kudos to the Dominick Adminstration and the States Attty. for snagging that guy.
I KNOW

Chicago, IL

#3 Jun 25, 2009
This press release from the company that is hired by the town is false and they need to print a retraction (which is being requested) The correct press release is the one Anita Alvarez gave the tribune. Maybe the person that did the press release can take some pointers from the tribune!!!
I KNOW

Chicago, IL

#4 Jun 25, 2009
ITS WAS NOT THE DOMINIC ADMINSTRATION
ANITA ALVAREZ'S OFFICE DID THE WORK
Patrick Fitzgerld

North Aurora, IL

#5 Jun 25, 2009
How much did larry get? Is this the "NewCicero"? Is this the cleaned up Police Department we were promised?Is the interim Chief resigning because of this scandal?
Punky

Bolingbrook, IL

#6 Jun 25, 2009
Does everyone realize that this same officer was indicted in Will County in 1997 when, while working as a sheriff's deputy, he planted a gun on a person, as evidence to be used against the person! When are cops going to be held accountable for their actions the same way everyone else is???
Factual

Fraser, MI

#7 Jun 27, 2009
Punky wrote:
Does everyone realize that this same officer was indicted in Will County in 1997 when, while working as a sheriff's deputy, he planted a gun on a person, as evidence to be used against the person! When are cops going to be held accountable for their actions the same way everyone else is???
And do you remember he was aquitted?
Patrick Fitzgerld

North Aurora, IL

#8 Jun 30, 2009
What a joke. Tis administration thinks it can write their own stories and plant them as if a resident is supporting them. Too thin. Come on Michael you are a better scammer than that. Maybe you should write your resignation speeches before the department of Justice does it for you. I am coming. You know I am. Are you still crying to your mommy Larry? It wil not help as the government will show you the same compassion you have shown to the toen's residents. None.
EX-EX-EX EMPLOYEE

Winnetka, IL

#9 Jul 1, 2009
HE SEEMED LIKE A NICE GUY...LOL
COME ON BASOLONO, U LOST YOUR JOB FOR $70,000? U MAKE OR SHOULD I SAY MADE MORE THAN THAT A YEAR.
Blankman

Chicago, IL

#10 Mar 26, 2011
Cicero police try an get away with alot of things that are so against there title"!! There is a Cicero police Officer right now with a double identity he is a gang member ,drug dealer ,convicted felon , X-con from prison , and was a heavy dope addict .. How did he manage to get thru the system an obtain that position"?.. I
anonymous

United States

#12 Apr 4, 2011
Wow, more corruption? What a friggin shock.......

Since: Jul 11

Burnsville, MS

#13 Sep 5, 2011
Blankman wrote:
Cicero police try an get away with alot of things that are so against there title"!! There is a Cicero police Officer right now with a double identity he is a gang member ,drug dealer ,convicted felon , X-con from prison , and was a heavy dope addict .. How did he manage to get thru the system an obtain that position"?.. I
Who?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Cheech the Conser... 1,583,198
Please 3 hr ThomasA 7
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... (Feb '17) 3 hr Ricardo montobomb 73
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Agents of Corruption 63,948
News Uber driver accused of locking female rider ins... 5 hr Silly Midbags 2
sex crimes time to tell 5 hr Silly Boobaps 2
last post wins! (Apr '13) 6 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,610

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages