Man shot dead by police at traffic stop

Full story: Chicago Tribune

In his music, Freddie "Latee" Wilson rapped about the dangers of the streets. On the street, Wilson, who served several stints in prison, preached to young men about how one bad decision can mess up their life.
Comments
1 - 20 of 42 Comments Last updated Feb 6, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Tah Dah!”

Since: Nov 07

Chicago

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2007

Judged:

Mary and Angela, you should be ashamed for putting this garbage into print.

I know you have to try to tug at the heartstrings in order to sell papers, as the Tribune doesn't sell nearly as many papers as it used to, but this is pure crap. My nephew could have written a more factually accurate story.

Did it ever occur to you that his booboo and homiez might be lying to you about what an angel this POS is in order to make their soon to be filed civil case against the city look better?

I guarantee you he has a rap sheet longer than my arm, let's not sugar coat things.

No, that can't be it. I am sure he was a honor-student, choir-boy, aspiring rapper, hip-hop dancer who was on his was to medical school while volunteering in soup kitchens.

Shame on whatever school gave you two journalism degrees, if you even have them.
themadtrader

Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2007

Judged:

I'll bet there's much that we don't know yet. When we do know I'll bet most of us feel he had it coming.
chicago citizen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2007

Judged:

A covicted armed robber thug shot dead. Now this is what I call my tax dollars at work. Suck on that jesse!!!
Northsider

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2007

Judged:

Turning his life around....Yeah Right....Why have a gun? Last time I checked only law officals could carry. But I guess if you write a few raps about turning your life around you are now a upstanding citizen. What kind of world do we live in when the police are the bad guys for trying to keep the streets safe so I can walk down them or let me kids play outside. You should remember the media will only tell you what they want you to see. Not always the whole story.
nice guy

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2007

Judged:

charlie south side wrote:
This may not be a good shoot. Lets not let our racism shine too brightly.
The police version sounds like suicide by cop. You have an ordinary traffic stop. You get out of your car with a loaded gun in your hand. Three officers tell you to drop the gun. You refuse and are shot to death. According to CPD this happens dozens of times a year in Chicago. It's always declared a good shoot by the department, even when they pay hundreds of thousands in wrongful death judgements.
Why is it never a white person shot dead by the police.
Why, because they don't have a gun when they get out of the car...STUPID
ANGRYWHITEWOMAN

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2007

Judged:

I SAW PICTURES OF THIS ALLEGED RAPPER AND HE LOOKED LIKE NOTHING MORE THAN A STREET HOODLUM. HE WAS ALL DECKED OUT LIKE A POSTER BOY FOR GANGBANGING. I AM ANGRY AT A SOCIETY THAT ACCEPTS THIS AND EVEN IDOLIZES THESE FOOLS. WHY WAS HE IN POSSESSION OF A FIREARM? A 34 YEAR OLD ASPIRING MUSICIAN/ARTIST DOESN'T NEED A FIREARM!
MATT

Niles, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2007

Judged:

one day they are all screaming why the police dont stop all the killin on the south and west side gettos when kids are getting shot down. the next day after the police kill a gun tottin punk all the storefront preachers are out there saying the police are killin all our fine black males.get a real job scumbags.
chicago reader

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2007

Judged:

All you Police haters and people that think that every police shooting is a Ploy against the Black man.....Think again ...OLDADEYO Makes a great Point!!!! and you might be suprised if you knew the race of the officers...So stop the Bull Sh!t about the Police and the Poor and how only the Blacks are getting arrested and shot...CRIMINALS get Shot when they have guns in thier cars or in thier baggie ass pants.its just too bad that there are more Black criminials ...and way more in the Austin neighborhood..and dont assume that I am White either...it is agianst the law to have a gun in either place..and its bullsh!t if you think it is for personal security....
OLDADEYO wrote:
THREE POLICE FIRING AT THE SAME TIME--THEY SURE MUST HAVE SEEN SOMETHING LIFE THREATENING.
chicago reader

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2007

Judged:

Charlie South side..I agree with most of your points but...if you think suicide by cop happens "dozens of times a year in Chicago"...you are way off...dozen-12...dozens -24+...there are years we single digit police shootings..let alone suicide by cop..
charlie south side wrote:
This may not be a good shoot. Lets not let our racism shine too brightly.
The police version sounds like suicide by cop. You have an ordinary traffic stop. You get out of your car with a loaded gun in your hand. Three officers tell you to drop the gun. You refuse and are shot to death. According to CPD this happens dozens of times a year in Chicago. It's always declared a good shoot by the department, even when they pay hundreds of thousands in wrongful death judgements.
Why is it never a white person shot dead by the police.
Jimmy5x

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2007

Judged:

Where does the media get off calling this gangbanger a "rap star." Who ever heard of him. The only rat around here is Freddie Latee and these phony "Reverends" who are as dirty and corrupt as the gangbangers . They should have a round table and discuss their stealing of Church funds, fathering of children they don't take responsibility for,their blatant adultering and their own criminal backgrounds.Who listens to these phony preachers. They have about as much credibility as Rodney King. I tis a good day when another worthless, unproductive, neighborhood ruining gangbanger is justifiably killed by the Police who do what they were trained to do.
Jimmy5x

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2007

Judged:

nice guy wrote:
<quoted text>Why, because they don't have a gun when they get out of the car...STUPID
Most white people have the sense to not point guns at the Police. Most white people aren't rappers and gangbangers.Most 34 year old white people have legitimate jobs and make a legitimate living. Most white people fear the Police. You big moron!
burningrabbit

Stevens Point, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2007

Judged:

He was murdered. Straight-up. The gun was planted. Cops kill people of color every chance they get. Whites don't know that from a street level. Their disbelief is formed by racism of a particular kind. Believe that.
North West sider

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2007

Judged:

The day drug dealers show up on your corner, gangbangers start doing shootings that kill your daughter/son hundreds of people start walking around and drinking in paper bags. I guess you will cherish the Police. What a bunch of dumb people we have here in Chicago. Have you not noticed that these things only happen in drug infested high crime areas??? And only certain people are protesting them?? These "Reverands", and "Activist" need to do a beter job at helping their neighbors. Eureka, Eureka!!!! I have the solution. Make all the drug dealers and criminals get Nine to five jobs so they are not on the streets commiting crimes. Or Better yet lets put the Police out of Business. How about let's obey the law!!! This way we can put away all these bad Police Officers. I commend the Men and Women of the Chicago Police Department, specially the ones that work in the rough areas. I am glad I live in a city where the thugs fear the Sea Of Blue that wreak Havoc on them. Here is another concept, Chris Rock should be taken seriously while Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson be looked at like the clowns that they are. Google Chris Rock "How Not to getyour **** kicked by the Police". http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Officers, Please keep up the good work. Do not let these thugs get the better of you. Please reach out to the good people in your communities. I promise we will support you. There are more of us then them. We need to stick together just like the scumbags do.
Jimmy5x

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2007

Judged:

burningrabbit wrote:
He was murdered. Straight-up. The gun was planted. Cops kill people of color every chance they get. Whites don't know that from a street level. Their disbelief is formed by racism of a particular kind. Believe that.
I'm as street level as you get. I can't tell you how many times I have encountered the opportunity to justifiably take someone out.Bottom line is, I know. You don't. In Grand Rapids,pschhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Stupid liberal punk.
Game Over

Wheaton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2007

Judged:

Final Score:CPD 30(rounds in Freddie) Freddie 0
123456ABC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2007

Judged:

Its a tragic situation when someone dies and I believe that every life is precious. No one is yet sure about what really took place between Freddie and the police before the shots went off and I'm not here to dispute with one side or another.
However, from what I know about Freddie Wilson we can not put him on a pedestal as being this activist or saint and I noticed that is exactly what alot of newspapers are printing. I read in one newspaper that he was a "role model and a mentor for kids in his community". If so than why was he a dead beat dad and why could he not be that mentor and role modle for his own kids? Furthermore, he might have been a nice friend or family member, but the guy clearly committed a lot of crimes, armed robbery, drug related offenses, violation of parole, violating to pay child support and ect. I don't see anyone emphasizing on that.
YODA

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2007

Judged:

Jimmy5x wrote:
<quoted text>I'm as street level as you get. I can't tell you how many times I have encountered the opportunity to justifiably take someone out.Bottom line is, I know. You don't. In Grand Rapids,pschhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Stupid liberal punk.
Right you are.Wrong he was. Dead he is.
mike

East Alton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

Judged:

Once again, Quick Triggered Chicago Police kill another positve young man...
Lets see if the Blue Curtain tries to cover this one up.
Soul Brother number 1

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2008

Judged:

Jimmy5x wrote:
Where does the media get off calling this gangbanger a "rap star." Who ever heard of him. The only rat around here is Freddie Latee and these phony "Reverends" who are as dirty and corrupt as the gangbangers . They should have a round table and discuss their stealing of Church funds, fathering of children they don't take responsibility for,their blatant adultering and their own criminal backgrounds.Who listens to these phony preachers. They have about as much credibility as Rodney King. I tis a good day when another worthless, unproductive, neighborhood ruining gangbanger is justifiably killed by the Police who do what they were trained to do.
Jimmy 5X you just spoke a book. That's what you did my brother and I love you for it.
Dirty Harry 009

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2008

Judged:

I know one thing. I am going to celebrate with thirty beers tonight to celebrate the victory for CPD. Job well done. The Officers that shot the shit out of Freddy are all positive young men and should be given awards for what they have done. I wish this happened more often.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

76 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,080,283
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min LRS 174,650
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 min fearless 67,963
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 15 min Terry rigsby 48,917
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 43 min Steve is the best 356
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 1 hr TW_sugar_daddio 11
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Frijoles 68,377
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr Sublime1 97,539
Abby 7-24 22 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••