4th man indicted in fatal Villa Park robbery

Full story: Chicago Tribune

A fourth Chicago man has been indicted for the May 2007 murder of a Villa Park man who prosecutors allege was the target of a robbery.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Gracie

Willowbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

I live in Villa Park. The north side of town is starting to look like the south side of Chicago. Coincidentally the crime rate is soaring. It is hard to remain unbigoted these days.
joe

South Holland, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

60 years in jail is to short for taking a life
Cris

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Judged:

The south side of Villa Park is very nice. I lived there for a number of years, It's anything north of St Charles Rd that is iffy because it's close to all the North Ave apartment complexes and the complexes off of Villa.
I don't know what the answer is but maybe they need to do what Rolling Meadows did in the Woodfield complex and put up a courtesy police check point 24/7 to let residents know they aren't pussy-footing around anymore. Anyone going in or out is stopped, required to roll down the window and given informational literature about community policing. No ID or license is required to enter or exit, just a friendly hello from the officer and acceptance of literature. Most residents there were happy beyond belief to have them there. The others VERY UNHAPPY! Even the landlord was crying that his applications for rent went down! Perhaps those who have something to hide or something to sell decided to live elsewhere?
Flash

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

we need to establish the "eye for an eye" punishment, let the family push each one of them over a railing and kick them in the head.

As for the sexual conviction...well, a torchere lamp up the guys rear end would be more then adequate.
Dee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

give them the death penalty, they deserve it..
Dee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

joe wrote:
60 years in jail is to short for taking a life
jim was a friend of mine,those guys should be kicked and beat the same way they did to him..
What we need

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Two words: public executions. That might get some of the savages to calm the f**k down.
blitherer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Where was Barack Obama at the time?
vanilla ice

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

blitherer wrote:
Where was Barack Obama at the time?
Planning the largest crime to ever be orchestrated in the United States.
The Black Ron Jeremy

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

What does ethnicity have to do with anything?
Dumbassness is color blind.
Hmmmmm

Bensenville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Why not a life sentence for TAKING A LIFE???? Not to worry pal - first time you drops da soap - youll make plenty of friends. Doubt you'll see freedom ever again, oh tooooooo bad
Scary

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

I'm all for "an eye for an eye." It's highly unlikely these poor excuses for human beings will ever be rehabilitated to the point of being contributing members of society anyway, so why continue to burden the rest of us with paying for their decades of jail time?

It's a shame that the perpetrators of this heinous act probably won't be punished in the manner that they should be. These monsters should have forfeited every single right they have by doing such an unspeakably horrible thing. If the criminals saw fit to take a person's life, they should be on the receiving end of that same act.

Call it cost-cutting in tough times.
vee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Cris wrote:
The south side of Villa Park is very nice. I lived there for a number of years, It's anything north of St Charles Rd that is iffy because it's close to all the North Ave apartment complexes and the complexes off of Villa.
I don't know what the answer is but maybe they need to do what Rolling Meadows did in the Woodfield complex and put up a courtesy police check point 24/7 to let residents know they aren't pussy-footing around anymore. Anyone going in or out is stopped, required to roll down the window and given informational literature about community policing. No ID or license is required to enter or exit, just a friendly hello from the officer and acceptance of literature. Most residents there were happy beyond belief to have them there. The others VERY UNHAPPY! Even the landlord was crying that his applications for rent went down! Perhaps those who have something to hide or something to sell decided to live elsewhere?
Orland Park is either working on or already has laws that hold landlords responsible for crimnals living in the village committing crimes. Imagine renting sect.8 housing and being responsible for the activity of the renters. Goodbye sect. 8. Goodbye Pace bus. Thank You.
Friarjack

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Uncivilized scumbags all ! Let them rot. Their parents must be proud ! What were their grade point averages ?
CpSpock

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Friarjack wrote:
Uncivilized scumbags all ! Let them rot. Their parents must be proud ! What were their grade point averages ?
Let them rot in hell
Timelord

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

vanilla ice wrote:
<quoted text>Planning the largest crime to ever be orchestrated in the United States.
A racist comment from a guy that takes the name of a white guy that pretends he's black. BRILLIANT! lol
Stephanie

Roselle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2008

The home in question is very modest and very near St. Charles Road and Addison, which is a busy intersection and has a large, well-lit gas station, a small strip mall and a restaurant. When the first news of this crime hit the paper I couldn't for the life of me figure out why this poor man was targeted. There are some very lovely homes in Villa Park which are located in quiet areas. Did the criminals somehow know their victim through a work relationship? I'm mystified. I've lived on the North side of Villa Park since 1971 and moved here because of the genuinely nice, friendly people and good sense of community. Any problem pockets can be traced to slum landlords. And for all of those extolling the south end of the Village, how about the apartment complex near Roosevelt Road & Michigan and parts of Brandywine? And exactly what do grade point averages have to do with anything - a crook is a crook is a crook.
realworld

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2008

Stephanie
[Did the criminals somehow know their victim through a work relationship?]

They did indeed. Mr. Keniski owned a window washing business.

Want to avoid crime? Trust your instinctive feelings, even if it goes against every politically correct bs thing you've ever been taught.
Villa Park newbie

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2008

Gracie wrote:
I live in Villa Park. The north side of town is starting to look like the south side of Chicago. Coincidentally the crime rate is soaring. It is hard to remain unbigoted these days.
I have to agree. I moved out here five years ago just north of St. Charles Rd. At first it was quiet, but in the past two years the neighborhood has been changing rapidly, and not for the good. I see in five to ten yrs this area becoming like parts of the SW side of Chicago: houses still look nice, neighborhood looks safe...but--don't dare get out of your car for a stroll. Very very sad...and no one seems to be able to put a stop to it. I don't care what color the new neighbors are, but their culture, or lack of it, clashes with those of us who are quiet and peace-loving and just want to live in a place where our housing values don't go down due to people who don't take care of their property. Sorry if I sound bitter, but I am, Anyone who has lived in Chicago has seen this happen before, over and over. It IS hard to remain unbigoted...especially when, like myself, you weren't one to begin with...real-life experience has forced it on many of us.
Bitchy Brenda

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Gracie wrote:
Amen Gracie .I left Villa Park because of ALL the gangs and heroin and because of Heather Marie Pittman. Justin Wm. Novak . RIP.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

109 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 min Stina2 96,212
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min forks_make_us_fat 1,036,276
Abby 4-23 4 min _Annabella_ 12
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min Frijoles 65,499
Amy 4-23 7 min _Annabella_ 21
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 8 min Dream Crystal 7,554
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 11 min Dream Crystal 1,024
ask amy 4-22 1 hr Sublime1 67
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••