First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#21 Sep 5, 2013
PEllen wrote:
L2. Invite everyone, let them sort it out themselves. At the party, serve limited liquor- jut beer and wine or a spiked punch if at all.
How is the type of booze she serves related to her issue?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#22 Sep 5, 2013
pde wrote:
if you can believe you can trust yourself to control your own spending, go as cash-free as possible. Use either debit or credit for all purchases possible,
I find this an odd suggestion. To me, its easier to control spending when you are cash free. Back in the day, I would go to the atm and pull out $20 because I needed $8. That $12 remaining was way more likely to get spent once it got into my pocket than it would be nowadays when I would put the $8 on the card.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#23 Sep 5, 2013
EJG wrote:
Angry and Fed Up should also consider filing criminal charges. Is this an extreme response? Perhaps, but if Mom were to go into a 12 step program, she would be required to make amends to her child for the theft that she committed, wouldn't she?
And how do you KNOW that mom would be sentenced to a 12 step program vs jail time?

Since: Dec 07

DuPage County

#24 Sep 6, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>Umm, that was Red Saluki... I know in a certain light we could almost be brother and sister though.
The resemblance is amazing.....

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#25 Sep 6, 2013
Yeah, she's my sister from another mother...and father. But we cant hook up 'cause were related like that.
Saluki Rod wrote:
<quoted text>
The resemblance is amazing.....
EJG

Newington, CT

#26 Sep 6, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> And how do you KNOW that mom would be sentenced to a 12 step program vs jail time?
I believe that I said "IF". A judge could order it or a doctor could prescribe it. I was simply posing a hypothetical solution, that's all.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#27 Sep 6, 2013
EJG wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that I said "IF". A judge could order it or a doctor could prescribe it. I was simply posing a hypothetical solution, that's all.
Yeah, but when you get the cops involved you have no control over which way things go from that point. Seems like a big risk to me. Unless you're ok with your thief of a mom possibly going to jail

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 min RACE 6,442
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min THE DEVIL 1,278,031
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Into The Night 54,590
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 42 min JRB 197,044
abby9-3-15 1 hr Kuuipo 9
abby9-2-15 1 hr boundary painter 6
amy 9-3-15 1 hr boundary painter 8
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr RACE 100,672
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages