Why is the hood always someone elses problem to solve?

Posted in the Chicago Forum

Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#1 Jul 24, 2013
What about personal responsibility and accountability? "The hood" is more a cancerous mentality than a geographic location. The hood is in the state that it is due to the poor decision making of many of its residents. It is therefore THEIR responsibility to clean up the mess they've made.

If one does not care about his/herself, family or community why should anyone else? You've readily handed the responsibility of your lives over to social workers, the police, teachers and anyone else but yourselves then don't be upset because the chickens have come home to roost.
nothugzone

United States

#2 Jul 25, 2013
i agree.but alot of the negros want to stay in the hood. they know they cant make it in a white mans world.they dont want the responsibility of a full time job,wife or kids.its easier for them to do nothing and take free hand outs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Incognito4Ever 1,126,874
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 19 min Mandela 68,661
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 42 min Ben Dover 50,632
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 52 min jacques Ottawa 179,404
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr wanna 4,797
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 1 hr Swedenforever 25
Amy 10-24 1 hr Community Disorga... 8
Abby 10-24 1 hr Community Disorga... 19
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance