Wal-Mart debate: Low-wage jobs better than no jobs?

Aug 4, 2013 Full story: USA Today

Employing 1.4 million people in the United States, Wal-Mart is the largest private employer in the nation.

Full Story

Since: Apr 07

ridgefarm Il

#1 Aug 5, 2013
I'd have to say yes.
Ewww

Houston, TX

#2 Aug 5, 2013
Bawlmart is a front for terrorism
reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#3 Aug 7, 2013
some one should invent a working class city negro stable family.

the Model would be a household with a husband and wife (married for the protection of da kids) as head of household, working, being active role models for the children they bring into the world.
no welfare queens need apply.

Hey Now that I think about it that's what the black family looked like before welfare ruined the black family back in the 60's.

Yes boys and girls Look up the "history of Harlem" written by the department of health and human services. the study covers harlem from 1850 to 1970 and details the destruction of the black family unit by welfare.

Harlem was selected for the study because it has been a stable black community since the mid 1800's so there is lots of historical data to show what welfare did to black families.

so the black family needs to be reinvented, we could just shut down the welfare system.

we have wasted trillions of dollars on welfare since the 60's and all we have is lots more poverty so throwing money at the problem hasn't fixed the problem.
rahm Jizzbucket emanuel

Oswego, IL

#4 Aug 7, 2013
For Low Information voters, I mean obama voters, Walmart is apex of their life! What isn't accounted for is the entire package they already receive - obama phone, food stamps, medicare, medicaid, etc, of which very little is paid for by their taxes.
reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#5 Aug 7, 2013
just remember black voters you should and could have had several walmarts on the south side of Chicago.

However city hall voted the special interest of city unions over the needs and wants of the city black population which lives in a shopping desert.

Unions don't want walmart cause its a non union operation so the need of blacks are swept aside and the need of the unions win again.

See Black folks even with affirmative action blacks are second class citizens with Chicago city hall democrats and unions who claim to be your friends.

yet the black moron voter keeps voting democrat. what lame morons you deserve what you got NOTHING.

so hows that voting for democrats working for ya??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min mdbuilder 1,109,370
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 19 min D-U-H 49,807
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 39 min gcaveman1 46,596
Amy 9-16 1 hr pde 28
A short math question. I will reply with answer... 1 hr Bye Bye I Quit 4
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Eric 69,368
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr NevadaBob 1,922
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr cheluzal 98,213
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr LRS 177,980
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••